• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.

PacMan's Corner

menime

Numbers 1 and 2 in the pound for pound standing have been in fights where the they did not live up to the hype.

Who did worse?

Mayweather, who won because he did something that he shouldn't have to do?

Pacquaio, who won because he was the champion?

everyone predicted a KO except pacman. he just said he'll try to put on a good show and pray that no one gets hurt. kahit controversial na naman ang decision, i dont think kailangan pa ng rematch ulit. tatlong laban na and even if marquez looked like the winner this time, it was still the judges who rendered the decision. Hanggang ilang rematch ba kailangan ni marquez? Hanggang manalo siya? time to move on!

everyone predicted a KO except pacman. he just said he'll try to put on a good show and pray that no one gets hurt. kahit controversial na naman ang decision, i dont think kailangan pa ng rematch ulit. tatlong laban na and even if marquez looked like the winner this time, it was still the judges who rendered the decision. Hanggang ilang rematch ba kailangan ni marquez? Hanggang manalo siya? time to move on!

palagay ko malabo na yung rematch. tama na siguro yung tatlong laban.

Tama ka jan dude!

I also remember that Ron Nathaniels, told Pacquiao will KO Marquez in 6 rounds...

How come?!? I was scratching my head when I heard him "assuring" on a live morning tv show in UNTV...

In these scenario, these guys are just posers...

Even the commentator of GMA 7 during the fight, kitang kita na biased sila...

Kahit ilang beses ng tinamaan si Pacquiao sa mukha, misleading pa rin ang mg comments nila...

Sana next time, di dapat pinoy o idol si Pacquiao and magkokoment...

They better shut their mouth or else, no one will believe to them...

Ok Ok, coming from the boxer in me during my younger years (Golden Glove) before switching to basketball, hindi mayayabang ang mga predictions, its a psy-war. Pati yung kay Ronnie Nathanielz predicting 6 rounds is ok.(PInoys usually are like that, kapag may positive, high positive na ginawa ang isang kapwa Pinoy-MAYABANG na)...ok going back..... They are just basing their hula sa nakaraang mga fights ni Pacman. The Lion inside Pacman. Then things all of a sudden changed! Why it changed? Its because you have to ADAPT to the "new" style of your opponent. I read somewhere na dapat bara bara ang sanang ginawa ni Pacman. My take is NO! That bara bara would be suicidal as this Marquez is one hell of a tactician. A devilish counter-puncher. Ang isang boxer na ang style ay kanto, matatalo sa isang swift counter-puncher na may bilis. Palapit pa lang ang bully, may tama na siya. Ok, now this, why did Pacman biglang parang nanghina. We dont know really for sure. Baka may nangyaring factors before the fight. What I saw in Manny is a different Manny, nahulog yung mouthpiece (sometimes a sign of fatigue-hindi makahinga) and seeing Manny's eyes, iba eh. Ang lakas ng hingal niya. There is something wrong sa physical being in Pacman. I am afraid, because I was at a ripe age during the remaining years of Ali, the time came during his third comeback, nagkakaron na siya ng CRAMPS and bumagal ang "physical motors" niya. Afterwhich, after his fight with Larry Holmes, na diagnosed siya ng nakakatakot ng PARKINSONS. A disease na meron din si Freddie Roach. Boxer pa si Roach, pinag re resign na ni Eddie Futch, yes, the great Eddie Futch. He told Freddie tigilan mo na boxing (pero lumaban pa si Roach-disaster!). I think Manny should consult a neurologist and prove that I am wrong.

Controversial? My take? mas controversial yung Pacman-Marquez. Why? Yung Mayweather-Ortiz, Chicken did nothing wrong. The time has started and this Ortiz still wants to kiss and make up with Mayweather. Ang naging issue was yung MORAL, the ATTITUDES, the SPORTSMANSHIP, which, to me, eh, boxing yan. You have to protect yourself at all times. Now, with Pacman-Marquez, nakita kasi nuong mga tao yung mga tama, the solid hits of Marquez sa replays and yung state of appearance ni Manny, coupled with hinihintay ng mga fans yung KO punch ni Pacman which never came. Controversial? yes, kasi nga marami at iba't iba ang naging opinion on who really won the fight. Marami ring naging opinion sa Chicken vs. Ortiza but it was a LEGITIMATE blow that did Ortiza.

I would say this match should have been a draw, at the very least. While JuanMa landed the more significant shots, Pacman managed to show more aggression which I say must have swayed the judges in Pacman's favor. I think even Pacman himself thinks that he lost. Controversial it may have been, but the judges have spoken. And this bout will forever be a ghost that would haunt both fighters their whole lives.

Whatever the case may be, I bet this will guarantee, or at least give a significant push, for a Mayweather-Pacquiao match in 2012.

To understand why PACMAN WON:

Pacquiao = 578 punches connecting 176

Marquez= 436 punches connecting 138

After round 12, Marquez praised himself while Pacquiao prayed.

SEE THE DIFFERENCE???

RULES IN BOXING:

1. In a 10-point system, the boxer­ who wins a round is given 10 points, and the other­ boxer gets nine points. (10 -9).

2. If there was a­ knockdown in the round (10-8)

3. 2 knock downs (10-7)

4. If a­ judge CAN'T decide who won the round, it is scored­ 10-10.

5. Now if u are the CHALLENGER, you must be the­ AGGRESOR.

For example if Pacquiao would­ just STAY STILL and Marquez DOES NOT attack, Pacquiao­ gets the 10 and Marquez 9. In this case -----Manny(champion)­ was always aggressive while Marquez (challenger) waits­ for an attack and counters.

6. Marquez's BODY LANGUAGE FOOLED a lot of people. Making people feel that he was­ the winner or at least it was a draw. It may look like­ he was landing more punches but the tricky part here is­ he was on the defensive, luring pacquiao into his­ tactical traps. (REMEMBER: The CHALLENGER MUST BE AGGRESSIVE to be

awarde 10).

7. So even if­ Marquez did connect more punches he gets only 9 for­ being DEFENSIVE and manny gets the 10 for being the­ attacker.

PACQUIAO GOT MORE "10" THAN MARQUEZ. Congratulations Manny Pacquiao!!!

Marquez cheating by stepping at Manny's foot...

post-140324-0-50045600-1321269544.jpg

Edited by Za09
  • Like (+1) 2

Advice for Pacquiao: You can't be a part-time boxer

MANILA, Philippines - Manny Pacquiao, boxing's reigning pound-for-pound, has a weakness and it is this: he has too many masters.

Veteran analysts Ronnie Nathanielsz and Ed Tolentino said as much as they both agreed that the Pambansang Kamao lost his third fight against Juan Manuel Marquez despite a majority win in the judges' score cards.

According to Tolentino, Pacquiao's boxing skills have been deteriorating since defeating Miguel Cotto in 2009. This was made apparent in Sunday's bout where Pacquiao appeared frustrated in trying to break down the Mexican challenger's offense.

"The more telling, accurate, stronger punches came from Marquez. So many times Pacquiao threw his left and missed completely. His strength and speed were gone. He has gone down," Tolentino told ABS-CBN's Umagang Kay Ganda.

Nathanielsz, meanwhile, said the Pacquiao camp failed to adjust accordingly when Marquez showed that he was comfortable with his additional weight.

He said Marquez's coach, Nacho Beristain, gave the Mexican specific instructions every round on what he will do. On the other hand, he said Pacquiao's coach, Freddie Roach, only told the Pinoy by Round 7 that he was falling behind.

Pacquiao lost 'eye of the tiger'

Tolentino said Pacquiao's lackluster performance seemed to show that Manny was not very focused on the fight.

"Sa bawat boxing fight, the preparation is not just physical. The mental focus must be there. During the fight, parang nag di-drift yung mind ni Pacquiao as if in a trance. Sabi ko nga, hindi ko nakita yung fluidity sa kanyang mga combinations," he said.

He said the controversial win also showed that Pacquiao has too many things on his plate, which could be taking a toll on his skills.

"You can't be a part-time boxer. He has to fix his priorities because in boxing, your opponent is out to k*ll you. You can't be a fly-by-night boxer and a congressman full-time," he said in Filipino.

"You cannot serve two masters at the same time. In the case of Manny Pacquiao, multiply the masters by 10...He might have slipped through in his previous fights but eventually these distractions take their toll on you. So he has to clean house and put it in order and then hopefully what we saw is just an off day and not a permanent slide," he said.

"He has to get back the eye of the tiger," he added.

Trouble in Pacquiao camp?

Meantime, Nathanielsz said Freddie Roach and Pacquiao's strength and conditioning coach Alex Ariza must answer for why Pacquiao keeps having leg cramps during fights.

He also finds troubling reports that Pacquiao had a run-in with Ariza, which allegedly saw the boxing champ throw a cellphone at Ariza and breaking a glass.

"Ariza admitted that they quarrelled. Sinabi niya no big deal. But if you throw your mobile phone and break a glass, that is a big deal," Nathanielsz said.

He added that Ariza gave a very strict regimen that meant Pacquiao had to rest by 9:30 p.m. after a day of training. Unfortunately, he said Pacquiao sometimes had to go from Baguio to Manila just to do his weekly game show and then sleep in the vehicle on the drive back.

"He has a show on Saturdays. In the midst of training, he drives down from Baguio to tape that show and then drives back. That's a long, hard drive up and down Baguio and even if he is sleeping in the car, it's bumpy even if he has the fanciest cars in the world. It's not good for his physical make-up," he said.

"Ariza told me that after a hard day's training, (Pacquiao) goes out and that's the worst thing to do. He's got to straighten these things out," he added.

Don't be Navarette

The veteran analyst said Pacquiao has to get rid of some of his hangers-on if he hopes to regain his A-game.

"First of all, he has to remove the 60 people who sleep with him at Palazzo. 60 people? How can a world champion have 60 people playing darts, drinking and doing all sorts of things at night while he is preparing for a fight? Alisin mo muna yang mga alipores na yan," he said.

He said that if Pacquiao feels lonely, he should bring his family with him to relax. "Family is the best antidote to loneliness," he said.

Nathanielsz said marital problems could also take a toll on Pacquiao especially after he was linked to different women.

"Don't let these stories come out. Hindi maganda yan eh. You're a world champion, pound for pound king, congressman, aspiring presidential candidate. Kailangan ayusin mo muna lahat," he said.

He added: "It puts pressure on him and it puts pressure on his wife. It's not good for their relationship."

Nathanielsz said he has a special fondness for Pacquiao since he used to feature the boxer in his TV show when Pacquiao was just starting his career when he was 16. He described Pacquiao as a very humble person and a great fighter.

He said Pacquiao need only look at former boxing champ and fellow General Santos native Rolando Navarette as a cautionary tale about yielding to temptation of gambling and women and failing to put his affairs in order.

"He has too many distractions. Boxing is a full-time job, He's a congressman also so that takes up a lot of his time. Fair enough because he has other aspirations. But stop the pool playing late at nights, stop the cards and all of these things, get rid of that..."

"Somebody has to sit him down and say 'You cannot go on this way.' And he's got to listen," he added.

Guest nick fury

SEE THE DIFFERENCE???

RULES IN BOXING:

1. In a 10-point system, the boxer­ who wins a round is given 10 points, and the other­ boxer gets nine points. (10 -9).

3. 2 knock downs (10-7)

For example if Pacquiao would­ just STAY STILL and Marquez DOES NOT attack, Pacquiao­ gets the 10 and Marquez 9. In this case -----Manny(champion)­ was always aggressive while Marquez (challenger) waits­ for an attack and counters.

6. Marquez's BODY LANGUAGE FOOLED a lot of people. Making people feel that he was­ the winner or at least it was a draw. It may look like­ he was landing more punches but the tricky part here is­ he was on the defensive, luring pacquiao into his­ tactical traps. (REMEMBER: The CHALLENGER MUST BE AGGRESSIVE to be

awarde 10).

7. So even if­ Marquez did connect more punches he gets only 9 for­ being DEFENSIVE and manny gets the 10 for being the­ attacker.

I saw this on facebook earlier. I thought that Marquez won but when I read this, I understood why the judges made Manny win. Now. even if there was a Pacquiao-Marquez 4, the result will still be the same if Marquez uses the same style. Even Freddie Roach thinks that the result will still be a close decision for Pacquiao in Quinito Henson's news item in the Philippine Star today.

Edited by nick fury

SEE THE DIFFERENCE???

RULES IN BOXING:

3. 2 knock downs (10-7)

awarde 10).

its very clear that marquez who cried that he was cheated, really speaking to himself. what a sore looser