PacMan's Corner

menime

Call this old news

http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/218249/pastors-swarming-pacquiao-for-money

GENERAL SANTOS CITY — Protestant pastors have been coming in droves to Manny Pacquiao’s mansion here. And their number is increasing each day.

One day, seven of them coming from different religious factions arrived. The next day, the number rose to 10. They take a bath, sleep and eat right there as if it is their own house.

They are the new phantoms of the boxing icon. They follow him wherever he goes – from here to Baguio and even the United States.

They started stalking the Filipino ring idol after the Pacquiao-Marquez fight in November 2011, when the world’s eight-division boxing champ decided to change his lifestyle and began holding daily Bible study with his family, friends and supporters.

But there were just two or three pastors then attending in the Bible study.

A source close to Pacquiao told the Philippine Daily Inquirer that these pastors have been abusing the man’s kindness and generosity.

“They are making our boxing idol a milking cow. The real Manny Pacquiao doesn’t know how to say no. But if they are real disciples of God, they should be ashamed of what they are doing,” the source said.

The source said that one pastor was given an I-Pad but seemingly not contented with what he got, he still asked for a new service vehicle. “Now, he is sporting brand new pick-up, courtesy of Manny Pacquiao,” the source added.

Another pastor asked for cash, while the other abandoned his flock somewhere in Northern Luzon just to be with the boxer-lawmaker.

Another pastor joined the Pacquiao team during the training camp in Los Angeles. “He asked for 36 tickets in the Pacquiao-Bradley fight. The guy got what he wanted,” the source said.

“I was the one so ashamed when he asked Manny Pacquiao to get eight hotel rooms for his family in the US,” the source added.

According to the Philippine Daily Inquirer source, it was the first time that someone asked for 36 tickets and eight hotel rooms from the boxing champ.

When Pacquiao and his entourage arrived at the Ninoy Aquino International Airport (NAIA) on June 16, this same pastor was seen brandishing a big Louis Vuitton bag.

“Now, there are so many pastors. I wanna be a pastor, too,” the source stated.

Another source has admitted being convinced that religion is the opium of the masses. “And the preachers are the pushers,” the source added. “Before, we were expecting that these pastors would help or guide Manny Pacquiao towards the path of salvation. We didn’t expect that they would abuse his kindness and generosity,” the source lamented.

The poor, the source claimed, need Pacquiao’s help more than the pastors do. “The poor people are more deserving to receive such blessings. I hope, one day, they would realize their mistake and that they would stop asking any kind of favor from Pacquiao,” the source said.

The sources said the preachers have been planning a “grand religious concert” for Pacquiao at the Araneta coliseum on June 28.

“They assigned Manny Pacquaio as the main speaker. From what I’ve heard during the discussion, they wanted Pacquiao to settle all the bills before the staging of the concert,” the source disclosed.

However, according to the source, Pacquiao insisted that all the bills for the venue rental, catering, transportation, etc. be settled only after the concert.

“Of course, it can be read between the lines that someone is bound to make a killing out of this concert. This is a multimillion event,” the source said.

The same sources further revealed that a rift has developed among Pacquiao’s political backers, boxing circle and the pastors.

“Manny Pacquiao tend to listen to these pastors more than to his advisers and friends from political and boxing circles,” one of the sources claimed.

Those from political and boxing circles, he said, believed that Pacquiao’s involvement in religious activities has hurt his boxing career.

Before, he said, the distractions in Pacquiao’s life were his gambling and drinking buddies. “Now, the distractions are the pastors and they are far more costly than the previous ones.”

“The old Manny Pacquiao is gone. Atop the ring, he is no longer as ferocious as before. Unless he learns to temper his new-found passion and obsession, we would no longer see knock-out victories in his future fights,” he said./INQUIRER

tama yung ibang mga nag post dito, time to retire from politics, showbiz,

etc. at mga iba pang walang mga activities na walang kinalaman sa

pagpapalakas at pagpapakundisyon ng katawan at kasama na diyan ang

pagpapakundisyon ng utak - sabay dapat yan katawan at utak nasa tip-top

condition.

Sa madaling salita, ang gagawin lang niya BASICALLY - kain, tulog, training,

kain, tulog, training, kain, tulog,training. yung libangan - konting nood TV,

makinig ng sounds, laruin niya mga anak niya. matuto sana siyang humindi

sa mga nang uuto sa kanya para hindi maperwisyo katawan niya.

kagaya nung nag post din dito, pagkatapos na niya magretiro, pwede

naman balikan yung mga kung ano anong ginagawa niya.

I would say na it's time for Pacman to hang-up his gloves while he can and when he can still function as a normal person, it would be more painful for us to see him as the Filipino Muhammad Ali or even worse. Heed the calls of his mother and wife for those 2 are his true company.

All of us are witnesses to that he is already on his decline and he has nothing to prove anymore in the world of boxing, he already made his mark and already an immortal on the history of boxing.

He must know that there is no need for redemption for this loss, but he stiil has his life after bosing and his family.

Eventhough na alam ni Pacman na mas malaki ang kinita nya sa laban. Hindi pa din maaalis sa isip nya ang pagkatalo, isang masaklap na pagkatalo mula sa kanyang mortal na karibal... Look at his interviews, show appearances etc... napakalungkot ng mukha, walang glow unlike dun sa pagkatalo nya sa laban vs Bradley na alam ng lahat na sya ang nanalo, napapaisip na din siguro si Pacman pano ang kanyang gagawin para makabawi at makatayo mula sa kanya pagbagsak... i-review at i-renew ang kanyang dating sarili na binago ng panahon.

Isang mapakapait/napakasaklap/pinaka masakit na pagkatalo para makabangon muli...

my xmas wish. Its a long shot! Nagsalita ng maganda si floyd sa kanya.. What if biglang nag ala rocky 3 ito. Floyd will join roach and ariza. And train manny pacquiao.. Kasi mukhang sa dating nito mairap makabangon si pacman. After floyd training him vs marquez para sa fifth fight. Then floyd vs manny na. Then retire thats it. Hay what a wish.

Kapag Floyd vs. Manny na, si Marquez naman ang sasali sa team ni Pacquiao para tulungan siya sa training. laugh.gif

i don't know if it applies to boxing but in the UFC they usually give medical suspensions on fighters. some fighters get a minimum of 6 months if they get knocked out. That is, no physical contact or no sparring at all. with the kind of knock out Pacman got, i think it deserves more than that. Although Roach have issued a statement that he wants manny's next bout to be on september 2013 to give him more time to rest.

Manny Pacquiao fans fear for his health

AS I WRECK THIS CHAIR By William M. Esposo

A particularly greatly appreciated response to my December 11, 2012 column on Manny Pacquiao came from my friend Ronnie Nathanielz — one of the most respected boxing commentators and analysts.

Ronnie praised my observation that body blows won it for Marquez. As a matter of fact, he said, that was exactly what the conditioning coach of Juan Manuel “Juanma” Marquez, Angel Heredia, revealed to him and was written in Ronnie’s recent Yahoo column.

“Before the fifth fight, Pacquiao needs complete brain examination.” Ronnie wrote: He added: “The strength and conditioning guru of Marquez noted that Marquez was “hitting Manny very hard on the lower part of the body and that was causing Manny problems. He seemed desperate and was jumping around to try and penetrate in the sixth round. I noticed a little bit of fatigue even after the fourth round.”

Ronnie further wrote: “Heredia remarked that when Pacquiao and Marquez were shooting pre-fight advertising Pacquiao “looked just terrible and soft. He didn’t have the muscle.”

The other responses are apparently from Manny Pacquiao fans who are now deeply concerned about the damage that he could do to his body if he continues fighting in the boxing ring.

From Nomer Obnamia: “You are right in saying that fans have short memory. They glorify the hero when on top of the game and will drop him like a villain when the career is on the wane. Manny made an indelible mark in the sport, and put PH on the boxing map. He brought pride in Filipinos. I was in Costa Rica two years ago and the proprietor of the restaurant said to me that he’s a Pacquiao fan. 

Opinion ( Article MRec ), pagematch: 1, sectionmatch: 1

The irony is that there are many people who are taking advantage of Manny’s generosity, including those in congress. I’ve never heard of a man going to a fight who pays for an entourage’s airfare, hotel accommodations, and food! And it’s not just a contingent of ten people for crying out loud. When Manny stops the flow of freebies to these punks they will turn their back on him and declare Manny is a bad guy. To them Manny is only good as long the freeloading continues and when it stops Manny will realize who his real friends are. The number will surely decrease.

Manny is not perfect person like all of us but he is a generous man to his friends who take advantage of him.  He has to learn to start thinking for his family financially and get smart in putting his largesse (that fought with guts and blood) in safe investments that would provide income from now and the future. Many, as you have mentioned, had good fortunes but were squandered through lavish lifestyles and charlatans around them. Promoters are in the business of putting together profitable fights as long as the fighter is popular and presumed winner. Muhammad Ali paid the price. He was tough and could take a punch in the head, and today he could hardly talk and walk from Parkinson’s — not the old self with quick wit and graceful footwork and boxing style. Manny had taken lots of head punches and they take a toll believe me.

How much is enough? Only Manny could answer the question. He can exit the sport while he’s ahead, health-wise, or continue on making money until the day no one would see his fights. That would be a sad ending to a glorious career. The smell of money and fame are hard to resist. The adulation of people is intoxicating. But what is the price to pay in the end? Only Manny could answer that for himself.

And lastly, Manny should exit from politics. It’s a dirty game. I know he does this not for the money like everybody in congress but the game will taint him. And some are saying Manny for President. This is too much. Manny’s wife too should not enter the game. There are other good things to do that rich people can participate in like non-profit organizations whose purpose is to alleviate poverty and train poor people in trades to make a living. Politics seems to be a game in PH, and a lucrative career to those who seeks power, influence and accumulation of wealth through their office.”

From Robert Balmes: “Your article at Philstar is an eye-opener for Pacquiao. I hope he will heed your advice to retire this early. But I doubt if it will happen as it was reported prior to his fight with Marquez that he signed a new 2-year contract with Bob Arum that will last until 2014. Who advise him to do it is really influential.

What a pity, he should have retire this early to enjoy life while he is still young, spend more time with his children and pursue whatever other ambitions he has in mind. Just an advise, dismiss all these hangers on and freeloaders as they are leeches who feed on your riches to no end.”

At this point in his life, the biggest opponent of Manny Pacquiao — is Manny Pacquiao. He has reached as far as can be hoped for and earned more than he needs in a lifetime. He should start thinking about his family, not just himself.

Shakespeare: “Madness in great ones must not unwatched go.”

• 2 weeks later...

Pacquiao, nakitaan ng isang doktor ng ilang senyales ng Parkinson's disease

By dzmm

Nakikitaan na ng ilang senyales ng Parkinson's disease ang Pinoy boxing champ na si Manny Pacquiao.

Sa panayam ng DZMM, inilahad ni Private Hospitals Association of the Philippines (PHAP) President Dr. Rustico Jimenez ang mga senyales na napapansin niya kay Pacquiao gaya ng pautal-utal na pagsasalita at panginginig ng kamay.

"Nakikita ko na meron na siyang signs ng Parkinson's ngayon eh. 'Pag tiningnan mo 'yung pagsasalita niya minsan 'di niya nasasagot kaagad, nag-stutter siya," ayon kay Jimenez.

Ang Parkinson's disease ay karaniwang sakit ng mga boksingero gaya na lang ng boxing legend na si Muhammad Ali at ang mismong coach ni Pacquiao na si Freddie Roach.

Gaya ng panawagan ng ilan, iginiit din ni Jimenez na magretiro na si Pacman.

"Lalong nadadagdagan ang trauma, lalo pong magkakaroon siya ng problema. Pwedeng later on Alzheimer's disease naman."

I think a Mayweather vs. Pacquiao match-up can be done since Marquez knocked out Pacquiao in spectacular fashion. That win by Marquez may have boosted the confidence of Mayweather enough to challenge Manny. Remember, Money dominated El Dinamita when they fought.

Are you referring to the previous fights between Pacman and Marquez or the last fight that happened last Deember? Pacman got knocked down on the third round of that fight. I don't think he dominated that fight at all. After getting knocked down in the 3rd round. I knew that Pacman could lose this fight. Give credits to Marquez for preparing for this fight.

I am torn between wanting to see a rematch between Manny Paquiao and Juan Manuel Marquez on one hand and seeing Manny retire once and for all to preserve his health. Kung totoo man na may Parkinson's Disease na si Manny, then he should heed the advise of his doctor para hinde maging full blown and sakit niya.

Ang alam ko walang cure ang Parkinson's today. But with stem cell technology ever evolving, who knows baka pwede ma reverse ang Parkinson's Disease using stem cell technology. Wishful thinking? Perhaps. But I'm hopeful that if Manny has Parkinson's Disease, he will be able to live a relatively normal life for many many years to come.

• 9 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...