PacMan's Corner

menime

pacquiao vs margarito para sa akin is not a good matchup, pacquiao has lot to lose and nothing to gain. remember margarito was KO by mosley.

pacquiao vs cotto, mas okey pa nang konti. he can gun for the 8th weigth divisions, pero sa tingin ko will just end up like their first fight.

pacquiao vs mayweather ang dapat talagang mangyari, if not a third fight with marquez will do. pero sa anong weight divison kaya?

for margarito fight, i think team pacquiao is demanding for a catch weight of 150lbs. they'll will be fighting for the light middleweight for a vacant World Boxing Council (WBC) belt, pang 8th weight divisions na ni pacquiao yun pag nanalo siya.

for margarito fight, i think team pacquiao is demanding for a catch weight of 150lbs. they'll will be fighting for the light middleweight for a vacant World Boxing Council (WBC) belt, pang 8th weight divisions na ni pacquiao yun pag nanalo siya.

mas maganda yan para mabulabog ang kampo ni floyd na sila ang makipag kasundo ng laban.

I don't think Margarito deserves a shot at Pacquiao after the plaster of paris incident. Kung lalagyan mo ng brick ang kamay mo me intent kang maaaring mapatay ang kalaban mo. This guy should be banned for life. I want Pacquiao to fight Marquez for the 3rd time and then fight Mayweather when the time his trainer's legal troubles are gone.

i think pacquiao should face timothy bradley or andre berto.

for money considerations shane mosley is the bankable fighter after floyd mayweather jr.

Bradley and Berto would be legitimate threats but there is no use now. Arum wouldn't only pit Pacquiao against non-Top Rank fighters except the one named Mayweather. I hope Mayweather signing with Don King would make the Pacquiao-Mayweather possible.

Foreman praises Pacquiao

By NICK GIONGCOAugust 18, 2010, 6:16pmGeorge Foreman had a mouthful of good things to say about Manny Pacquiao who the former world heavyweight champion said doesn’t need Floyd Mayweather to enhance his already glowing reputation.

“This Pacquiao is the star of the day,” Foreman told the On The Ropes Boxing Radio Show, an on-line radio show for fight fans. “Pacquiao is the best fighter out there.”

Foreman, whose first reign was during the 1970s, regarded as the Golden Age of the heavyweights, also expressed his admiration over Mayweather “but the cream of the crop is that Pacquiao.”

“I just love him. He works out, he trains and he doesn’t say a whole lot, so after his fighting career is over he’ll be known for what he accomplished and not what he said,” said Foreman, now 61.

Pressed for an answer about efforts to stage a Pacquiao-Mayweather fight, Foreman didn’t sound all too excited.

“Well, it’s one of those fights that I hope never happens because Pacquiao doesn’t need Mayweather in his life. I think Pacquiao had a nice name. Mayweather started to slander him, say things like he was taking drugs,” said Foreman, who became the oldest to regain the world crown when in 1994 he knocked out Michael Moorer.

Foreman even has an advice for Pacquiao.

“When you start running into people like that, it’s best that you stay away from them. It’s not even necessary to even have him in your life.”

And what if the fight happens?

“But if the fight does take place, I think Pacquiao wins because he’s got momentum, he has a real trainer, and he’s willing to take the fight. He’d probably beat Mayweather, probably. Not to say Mayweather isn’t a wonderful fighter. He is the best fighter I’ve ever seen in my life, but he can’t beat Pacquiao because there is something else going on in that fight business. Not the Xs and Os, but there’s something else,” concluded Foreman, who had a 76-5 win-loss card with 68 knockouts.

Pacquiao is scheduled to face Antonio Margarito of Mexico on Nov. 13 possibly in Dallas. A formal announcement will be made by promoter Bob Arum and Texas billionaire Jerry Jones soon.

• 2 weeks later...