PacMan's Corner

menime

kailan ba yung laban?

there was supposed to be an article yesterday (Inquirer nga ba?) that for pacman's last 5 fights, a disaster happened 13 days after. tama ba kwento sa akin?

does anyone have the dates of these last 5 fights and the disasters that were said to have happened 13 days after?

there was supposed to be an article yesterday (Inquirer nga ba?) that for pacman's last 5 fights, a disaster happened 13 days after. tama ba kwento sa akin?

does anyone have the dates of these last 5 fights and the disasters that were said to have happened 13 days after?

kailan ba yung laban?

accdg to the writer, Jimmy Licauco, pacquiao's fights have nothing to do with these negative occurrences every after 13 days of his fights. on the other side of the coin, the writer pointed out there are also positive events but were not reported. these are mere coincidences accdg to Licauco.

Pacquiao wins fighter of decade and 2009 fighter of the year by the Boxing Writers Association of America. :thumbsupsmiley: :thumbsupsmiley: :thumbsupsmiley:

Pound-for-pound king Manny Pacquiao, who stormed to a pair of decisive knockout victories to win world titles in a record-tying sixth weight class and a record-breaking seventh one, has been named the 2009 fighter of the year by the Boxing Writers Association of America.

Pacquiao, who will be presented with his third Sugar Ray Robinson trophy in the past four years, heads the list of honorees who will be invited to receive their awards on June 11 in New York at the BWAA's 85th annual banquet.

Pacquiao, who was also named 2009 fighter of the year by ESPN.com and Ring magazine, won the award in balloting by the organization's membership over nominees Vitali Klitschko, Andre Ward, Paul Williams and Arthur Abraham.

Pacquiao (50-3-2, 38 KOs), whose first world title came at flyweight, scored a second-round knockout of Ricky Hatton on May 2 to win the world junior welterweight championship and stopped Miguel Cotto in the 12th round on Nov. 14 to win a welterweight world title.

In addition, Pacquiao was also voted fighter of the decade (2000-09), beating out a star-studded group of nominees that also included Bernard Hopkins, Joe Calzaghe, Floyd Mayweather Jr., Shane Mosley, Juan Manuel Marquez and Marco Antonio Barrera.

Pacquiao, of the Philippines, went 24-1-2 during the decade and won six of his seven world titles while emerging as the pound-for-pound king and a box office sensation.

Freddie Roach, who has trained Pacquiao since 2001 and been an integral part of his success, will receive the Futch award for trainer of the year for the fourth time. He also won it in 2003, 2006 and 2008.

"Manny and I are a great team and to win this award you need a great fighter," Roach told ESPN.com Sunday. "Hopefully, [junior welterweight titlist] Amir Khan will be my next guy. It's my favorite award because its named after my trainer [the late Eddie Futch]."

Futch trained Roach during his fighting career before taking him under his wing as an assistant trainer.

"I give Eddie all the credit for where I am today," Roach said. "He gave me great guidance during my apprenticeship with him."

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/boxing/ne...tory?id=4875455

Edited by shafeeq96

humingi pa pala ng rematch clause si gayweather for the mosley fight... hmmm, very unlikely coming from a man who proclaims nobody could beat him... scared gayweather, i suppose!

if this fight will push through (hoping gayweather wont come up with any dumb excuses to duck the fight), my money is on sugar shane!

Edited by pits_of_jairo

Mosley already signed the contract and willing to undergo any test which Gayweather have on his condition.

Ok lng daw payag daw si Mosley sabi ni ODH. Tapos si Ellerbe nman sure na raw sya na pipirma na rin si Gayweather hehehehe...

Ang problema pipirma kaya si Gayweather kung saan alam nya na kunti lng kikitain nya tapos possible pa syang matalo!

Kulang dalawang buwan na lng PACMAN-Clottey na!

Mosley already signed the contract and willing to undergo any test which Gayweather have on his condition.

Ok lng daw payag daw si Mosley sabi ni ODH. Tapos si Ellerbe nman sure na raw sya na pipirma na rin si Gayweather hehehehe...

Ang problema pipirma kaya si Gayweather kung saan alam nya na kunti lng kikitain nya tapos possible pa syang matalo!

Kulang dalawang buwan na lng PACMAN-Clottey na!

sabi nga sa different forums over the internet na tahimik nga daw ang gayweather camp, and perhaps they are already cooking something.

i'm beginning to pity gayweather... all talk, no walk... wawa naman siya kasi instead of being remembered as one of best fighters, he'll be remembered for his stupid antics and as a great ducker.

oh well...

sabi nga sa different forums over the internet na tahimik nga daw ang gayweather camp, and perhaps they are already cooking something.

i'm beginning to pity gayweather... all talk, no walk... wawa naman siya kasi instead of being remembered as one of best fighters, he'll be remembered for his stupid antics and as a great ducker.

oh well...

Maybe you're right. Ganyan din nangyare nung Pacman-Mayweather negotiations eh. Tahimik sya all throughout pero nung unsuccessful yung nego, saka nag-ingay. Tsk tsk tsk

baka mainjured (rib cages) ulit si Phloyd tulad nung bago sila maglaban ni Marquez..

alam ko drama lang yung injury dahil wala pa sa quota yung pay-per-view at ticket selling, so kelangan i-delay yung laban...

on SSM case, gusto ni Phloyd na umabot si shane sa edad 40 bago nya labanan.. delay ulit..

baka mainjured (rib cages) ulit si Phloyd tulad nung bago sila maglaban ni Marquez..

alam ko drama lang yung injury dahil wala pa sa quota yung pay-per-view at ticket selling, so kelangan i-delay yung laban...

on SSM case, gusto ni Phloyd na umabot si shane sa edad 40 bago nya labanan.. delay ulit..

Sana naman hinde nya gawin yun kasi career nya ang masisira. Somehow blessing in disguise for both Pacquiao and Mayweather yung pag cancel ng fights nila because they can draw more fans if they fight other welterweights first before they face each other. Imagine if Pacquiao beats Clottey and Mayweather defeats Mosley in both epic manners(which is expected for both of them), more and more people will demand a bout between the two P4P fighters.

^yung credibility ni Gayweather ay bumaba na dahil sa kanyang kalokohan. sa isang article kpag hindi pumirma si Gayweather ang sabi ng manager ni Mosley eh magkikita na lng sila sa court.

kinakabahan na nga si Schaefer kay Gayweather dahil sabi nya ok na tapos eto nagdadalawang isip na pumirma sa contract. naku! ang ending nito baka magretire na lng ulit sa Mayweather! lol

Edited by darksoulriver
^yung credibility ni Gayweather ay bumaba na dahil sa kanyang kalokohan. sa isang article kpag hindi pumirma si Gayweather ang sabi ng manager ni Mosley eh magkikita na lng sila sa court.

kinakabahan na nga si Schaefer kay Gayweather dahil sabi nya ok na tapos eto nagdadalawang isip na pumirma sa contract. naku! ang ending nito baka magretire na lng ulit sa Mayweather! lol

Yeah career suicide talaga. Schaefer is really pissed now because they're trying to meet a deadline so they can promote the fight during the superbowl. It's one chance they can't pass because the last fight they promoted during the superbowl gave massive results(De la Hoya/Mayweather).