PacMan's Corner

menime

Just my opinion, Arum and Schaefer knows deep inside them that if the Pacquiao/Mayweather bout happens, they couldn't offer anything better to top that anymore. I think that's why they are prolonging the beef between the two. And somehow, I believe they're too focused on that. They should just do their jobs and promote new talents as well. Fresh talents are emerging all over the world. Boxing and MMA are like the WWE and WCW, WWE emerged victorious because they had faith on the new talents to carry their label while WCW tried to squeeze the dying juices from the old wrestlers back in the day.

^^ nagiisip na yan ng pede nya ipang-psychological attack kay sugar shane. and since proven roid user itong si shane, dapat mag-demand din si gayweather ng random drugtest, kung ang purpose talaga is "for fairness sake". i think shane will oblige to whatever test gayweather would ask dahil kating-kati na siya na makalaban si gayweather.

And I think it would be one of the perfect matches sugar shane mosley could have before hanging up his gloves.

^^ nagiisip na yan ng pede nya ipang-psychological attack kay sugar shane. and since proven roid user itong si shane, dapat mag-demand din si gayweather ng random drugtest, kung ang purpose talaga is "for fairness sake". i think shane will oblige to whatever test gayweather would ask dahil kating-kati na siya na makalaban si gayweather.

And I think it would be one of the perfect matches sugar shane mosley could have before hanging up his gloves.

Yeah sugar shane deserves this fight. I know he's been chasing both Pac and Mayweather for the longest time. Although it's a Mayweather match and I'm sure it will be boring, I'm with sugar shane with this one. I remember that he was golden boy's sparring partner for the mayweather/delahoya bout.

susunod lang sa lahat ng demands ni gayweather si mosley from random blood testing, huge ring, fight purse in favor of mongofloyd, para lang makalaban siya. matagal na niyang hinihintay ang pagkakataong 'to. at 'pag hindi naging maayos ang negotiation, malamang alam na.

susunod lang sa lahat ng demands ni gayweather si mosley from random blood testing, huge ring, fight purse in favor of mongofloyd, para lang makalaban siya. matagal na niyang hinihintay ang pagkakataong 'to. at 'pag hindi naging maayos ang negotiation, malamang alam na.

Alam na natin that gayweather is really damn scared! chicken sh*t!

:thumbsupsmiley:

Off topic lang mga pre:

Viloria collapses after TKO loss to Colombian foeBy DENNIS PRINCIPEJanuary 23, 2010, 7:08pm

Colombian Carlos Tamara (left) delivers a left hook to the kisser of Filipino-American Brian Viloria (right) dethroning the latter as IBF light flyweight champion via a 12th round technical knockout Saturday. (Photo by BOB DUNGO JR.)Filipino-American Brian Viloria collapsed shortly after losing his International Boxing Federation (IBF) light flyweight champion belt to Colombian Carlos “El Olimpico” Tamara via a 12th round technical knockout (TKO) Saturday at the Cuneta Astrodome in Pasay City.

A semi-conscious Viloria, whose record dropped to 26-3, with 15 knockouts, had to be taken to the Makati Medical Center where he had to undergo CT scan.

“He was responding to us when we talked to him on our way to the hospital though he was complaining of headache,” said Games and Amusements Board ring physician Dr. Redentor Viernes.

Referee Bruce McTavish stopped the fight at 1:45 into the 12th round when Tamara started to connect at will against the defenseless Viloria, who is known as “The Hawaiian Punch.”

After a tentative opening round, Viloria made his move and connected some counter rights in the next three rounds that bewildered Tamara.

Viloria, who was making his second defense of the crown he won in April of last year at the Araneta Coliseum, rocked Tamara with a left hook to the body under a minute left in the fourth round.

The 26-year-old Tamara, however, tried to fight back and connected a few wild shots while Viloria continued with his body attacks.

Viloria, 29, had a strong eighth round as he rocked Tamara with a left hook to the jaw. The Ilocos Sur-born Hawaiian, however, was starting to look worried as his Colombian opponent was getting more aggressive despite being bombarded with telling blows.

“That was our cue to apply our fight plan, when we sensed Viloria was starting to get tired. Though we were behind, we never lost hope because we knew Viloria will be strong the first half of the fight,” said chief trainer Butch Sanchez.

True enough, it was the opening the Colombian fighter needed to start his fightback.

In the 9th round, Tamara changed his strategy by first fighting southpaw then throwing a left uppercut that wobbled Viloria. The change in stance, which Sanchez said they perfected in training, turned out to be the biggest puzzle for Viloria in the fight. Viloria started to miss wildly the rest of the way that enabled Tamara to counter with punishing uppercuts to the head and body.

Viloria was already a spent fighter entering the 12th but tried to fight instinctively by throwing wild shots three times, missing all of them as well as his balance.

Tamara finally went for the k*ll as he connected a barrage of shots to a now defenseless Viloria, forcing referee Bruce McTavish to intervene and declare a halt of the bout at 1:45 of the 12th canto.

“I knew Viloria was starting to get weak by the 8th round. My corner kept on reminding me about my two children who wanted me to come home a world champion,” said Tamara in a post-fight interview.

Had Viloria finished the fight and went to the scorecards, he would have kept his belt as judges Somsak Sirianant of Thailand and Joe Garcia of Arizona had the Hawaiian fighter ahead, 105-104 and 106-103 respectively.

Judge Ray Reed of Australia had it 105-104 for Tamara.

Even if Tamara won the last round, Viloria would still keep his belt via a split draw.

In the main supporting bout, World Boxing Organization (WBO) minimumweight champion Donnie Nietes won a 10th round technical knockout over late replacement Jesus Silvestre of Mexico in their non-title tiff.

Silvestre survived a first round knockdown and fought toe-to-toe but faded in the later rounds. The Mexican spit his mouthpiece but refused to have it back despite the prodding of his corner

Off topic lang mga pre:

Viloria collapses after TKO loss to Colombian foeBy DENNIS PRINCIPEJanuary 23, 2010, 7:08pm

Colombian Carlos Tamara (left) delivers a left hook to the kisser of Filipino-American Brian Viloria (right) dethroning the latter as IBF light flyweight champion via a 12th round technical knockout Saturday. (Photo by BOB DUNGO JR.)Filipino-American Brian Viloria collapsed shortly after losing his International Boxing Federation (IBF) light flyweight champion belt to Colombian Carlos “El Olimpico” Tamara via a 12th round technical knockout (TKO) Saturday at the Cuneta Astrodome in Pasay City.

A semi-conscious Viloria, whose record dropped to 26-3, with 15 knockouts, had to be taken to the Makati Medical Center where he had to undergo CT scan.

“He was responding to us when we talked to him on our way to the hospital though he was complaining of headache,” said Games and Amusements Board ring physician Dr. Redentor Viernes.

Referee Bruce McTavish stopped the fight at 1:45 into the 12th round when Tamara started to connect at will against the defenseless Viloria, who is known as “The Hawaiian Punch.”

After a tentative opening round, Viloria made his move and connected some counter rights in the next three rounds that bewildered Tamara.

Viloria, who was making his second defense of the crown he won in April of last year at the Araneta Coliseum, rocked Tamara with a left hook to the body under a minute left in the fourth round.

The 26-year-old Tamara, however, tried to fight back and connected a few wild shots while Viloria continued with his body attacks.

Viloria, 29, had a strong eighth round as he rocked Tamara with a left hook to the jaw. The Ilocos Sur-born Hawaiian, however, was starting to look worried as his Colombian opponent was getting more aggressive despite being bombarded with telling blows.

“That was our cue to apply our fight plan, when we sensed Viloria was starting to get tired. Though we were behind, we never lost hope because we knew Viloria will be strong the first half of the fight,” said chief trainer Butch Sanchez.

True enough, it was the opening the Colombian fighter needed to start his fightback.

In the 9th round, Tamara changed his strategy by first fighting southpaw then throwing a left uppercut that wobbled Viloria. The change in stance, which Sanchez said they perfected in training, turned out to be the biggest puzzle for Viloria in the fight. Viloria started to miss wildly the rest of the way that enabled Tamara to counter with punishing uppercuts to the head and body.

Viloria was already a spent fighter entering the 12th but tried to fight instinctively by throwing wild shots three times, missing all of them as well as his balance.

Tamara finally went for the k*ll as he connected a barrage of shots to a now defenseless Viloria, forcing referee Bruce McTavish to intervene and declare a halt of the bout at 1:45 of the 12th canto.

“I knew Viloria was starting to get weak by the 8th round. My corner kept on reminding me about my two children who wanted me to come home a world champion,” said Tamara in a post-fight interview.

Had Viloria finished the fight and went to the scorecards, he would have kept his belt as judges Somsak Sirianant of Thailand and Joe Garcia of Arizona had the Hawaiian fighter ahead, 105-104 and 106-103 respectively.

Judge Ray Reed of Australia had it 105-104 for Tamara.

Even if Tamara won the last round, Viloria would still keep his belt via a split draw.

In the main supporting bout, World Boxing Organization (WBO) minimumweight champion Donnie Nietes won a 10th round technical knockout over late replacement Jesus Silvestre of Mexico in their non-title tiff.

Silvestre survived a first round knockdown and fought toe-to-toe but faded in the later rounds. The Mexican spit his mouthpiece but refused to have it back despite the prodding of his corner

Ang sagwa nga ng nangyari lalo na doon sa 12th round more particularly 'yung suntok ni Villoria na halos matumba pa s'ya noong hindi tumama kay Tamara. The "Hawaiian Punch" does't pack a punch no morel. Sorry kung OT..

Edited by Agent_mulder

might as well for Villoria to change his trainer and conditioning coach! bkit ayaw nya lumipat kay Roach bka may pagasa pang-magbago ang estilo nya sa boxing! kulang na kulang sya sa conditioning lalo na kapag umabot ng 12 rds ang laban.... tsk! tsk! tsk!

at least makuha man lng nya yung conditioning na ginagawa ni PACMAN kpag lalaban.

might as well for Villoria to change his trainer and conditioning coach! bkit ayaw nya lumipat kay Roach bka may pagasa pang-magbago ang estilo nya sa boxing! kulang na kulang sya sa conditioning lalo na kapag umabot ng 12 rds ang laban.... tsk! tsk! tsk!

at least makuha man lng nya yung conditioning na ginagawa ni PACMAN kpag lalaban.

Manny was much younger than Viloria noong maging trainer n'ya si Roach, if I am not mistaken 29 y.o. na si Viloria, but hopefully he can still make the necessary change in his style at lalo na sa kanyang conditioning.

Freddie Roach on Mayweather.. “He’s never been the bravest guy in the world. When [Antonio] Margarito was the toughest guy out there, Mayweather wouldn’t fight him. He was offered 8 million dollars a couple of times and he never fought him…never will. He picks and chooses his opponents. He picks the right guys, with the right styles”

:goatee:

kailan ba yung laban?

there was supposed to be an article yesterday (Inquirer nga ba?) that for pacman's last 5 fights, a disaster happened 13 days after. tama ba kwento sa akin?

does anyone have the dates of these last 5 fights and the disasters that were said to have happened 13 days after?

there was supposed to be an article yesterday (Inquirer nga ba?) that for pacman's last 5 fights, a disaster happened 13 days after. tama ba kwento sa akin?

does anyone have the dates of these last 5 fights and the disasters that were said to have happened 13 days after?

kailan ba yung laban?

Edited by tagalinis