PacMan's Corner

menime

bakit pa pinalalaki nila ang drug testing na ito/? why not pacquiao and mayweather take a drug testing which is cheap? like sa quezon city lto d ba? mura pa!

oo nga sa QC LTO kahit na ihi ng aso pwede pa check at papasa ka na sa drivers license drug test;abutan mo lang pang kape at pandesal yung taga lakad oks na!!

it crossed my mind that the gayweather camp will balk at the last minute and agree to a compromise with the pacman camp re: the blood testing. to the gayweather camp, i believe they have shaken the mind of pacman and have succeeded in this psychological warfare. DYAN MAGALING SI MAYWEATHER, PLAYING MIND GAMES WITH HIS OPPONENT.

i can't believe that this will die down just like that and there goes the $40 million paycheck for each fighter. it ain't over til it's O-V-E-R.

totoong mind games. try nya na asarin, at lituhin ang pacman camp. magdedemand sya ng kung ano ano, kunwari concern nya lang na baka dayain sya. tama lang na idemanda nya ang gbp at gayweathers, una nasira na pangalan nya. may post pa sa blogs si odlh na bakit daw ba takot magpatest si pacman. tapos ngaun nabrand na ang name ni pacquiao. sa ibang nakapilang opponent imbes na pag usapan ang fight dates nagiging usapan na kung payad din daw ba sila na NSAC ang magconduct ng test. tinatrato na nilang positive si pacquiao. well gumamit na ng media ang grupo ni gayweathers at gbp. tama lang na kasuhan sila.

Intro: Floyd Mayweather's camp has repeatedly made claims against Manny Pacquiao. We attempt to discern fact from fiction. Additionally, we detail several fighters and athletes, current or prior, who have tested positive for any drugs.

Camp Floyd's Claims >

Claim # 1: Floyd Mayweather, Sr and Roger Mayweather have repeatedly accused WBO and Ring welterweight champion Manny Pacquiao of taking performance-enhancing drugs (PEDs). Boxers Paulie Malignaggi and Kermit Cintron have aired similar public comments against the Filipino icon.

Fact # 1: Pacquiao maintains a perfect record when it comes to fight-related tests throughout his career. The more visible fights have been administered by the Nevada State Athletic Commission (NSAC) which conducts standardized tests across the sport, which all boxers are subject to. These programs have been administered for over four decades.

Perfect testing record.

Claim # 2: Floyd's camp, Malignaggi, and Cintron have claimed that Pacquiao cheated in his ascent to boxing's pound for pound summit.

Fact # 2: It was Floyd Mayweather, Jr who cheated against Juan Manuel Marquez, a fighter two to three weight divisions under Floyd's normal fighting weight, in their September 2009 bout. Floyd tipped the scaled two pounds in excess of the contracted fight weight of 144 lbs. Mayweather's fine was a paltry $600,000 despite a reported guaranteed purse of $15 million. The fine represented 4% of the minimum guarantee, without factoring in pay-per-view (PPV) incentives. Did Golden Boy Promotions (GBP) sell out their client Juan Manuel Marquez? The Mexican would eventually suffer a shutout decision loss.

Who really cheated?

Claim # 3: In Floyd Mayweather's statement requesting an Olympic-style test, he alluded to the importance of competing in a "level playing field."

Fact # 3: In March 2008, Pacquiao fought Juan Manuel Marquez and secured a third lineal title in the super featherweight division. Given that Camp Mayweather wanted the fight at the 154 lb. junior middleweight limit, this weight class represents four weight divisions (24 lbs) above the super featherweight limit. The Filipino has only fought at the 147 lb. weight limit once (against Oscar de la Hoya).

Is fighting a smaller boxer a level playing field?

Claim # 4: Camp Mayweather and Richard Schaefer of GBP wants Olympic-style blood and urine tests.

Fact # 4: In 2008, Schaefer himself vehemently opposed this type of invasive testing for one of GBP's clients, Shane Mosley. In a statement, Schaefer mentioned that he would not allow Mosley to be treated like a cheater. Which is exactly the same logic as to why Pacquiao is now preparing a lawsuit against the Mayweathers and GBP.

Olympic drug tests required now, but not required earlier?

Claim # 5: There is a myth in the boxing community that "Pacquiao will not do the tests" and that "he is the one preventing the fight from happening."

Fact # 5: Team Pacquiao has already agreed to more stringent tests - ones stricter than what the NSAC would normally require (which are exclusively urine tests). So long as those blood tests do not interfere with training leading up the fight (30 days prior and a day after the bout). As mentioned, these are beyond NSAC's normal protocol.

Refuse to do the test?

Claim # 6: Floyd Mayweather, Jr has claimed that he is the greatest boxer of all time.

Fact # 6: While Manny Pacquiao is ranked by Ring Magazine as the number one welterweight in the world, Shane Mosley is ranked number two. Mayweather is ranked third. "Money" has not faced the following boxers: Joshua Clottey, Miguel Cotto, Antonio Margarito, Paul Williams, Shane Mosley, Andre Berto, Cory Spinks, Sergio Martinez, and Kelly Pavlik.

Greatest boxer of all time?

Claim # 7: Floyd Mayweather, Jr stated that he considers Manny Pacquiao as "easy work" in the ring. "Money" usually wins his fights via decisions.

Fact # 7: Instead of three boxing judges scoring this fight, this battle appears to be headed for the courtroom - not inside the ring. Judge Judy may end up tallying points in the court of public opinion. Okay, that's not a fact.

But "easy work"?

Claim # 8: Floyd Mayweather, Jr claimed that he provided Shane Mosley with an opportunity to fight him, but that Mosley turned down that offer.

Fact # 8: Shane Mosley suffered a mouth and teeth injury in a fight and requested an additional one month in order to recoup and heal from his injury. Mayweather, Jr went on to fight lesser caliber fighters and avoided Mosley's repeated challenges, most recently after the Juan Manuel Marquez fight in September 2009.

Who avoided who?

Conclusions >

Floyd, Sr has been fairly adamant in accusing Manny Pacquiao of taking steroids. In one of the installments of HBO's 24/7 series, the senior Mayweather maintained his need for having a relationship with his son. The two were separated for a few years following a dispute. Perhaps one of his reasons for villifying Pacquiao is to initiate closer bonds with his son. You unite your own clan by creating an enemy. External threats, whether perceived and manufactured, can establish closer ties. Food for thought.

Edited by uaeboy25

so the last three posts, does it mean the drug testing done in professional leagues like the NBA, NFL, NHL are not reliable and allow the players to use steroids undectected by the authorities?

and daming kondisyon kasi. at sa dami na ng tinalo ni pacman, bakit si duwag duwag floys lang ang may mga kung anu anong testing. baka siya din dapat ipa test ng kasarian? hahahahahaha!!!!!!!!

news flash!!!

sinabi ni oscar delahoya at floyd na mahirap matrace kung sa ihi lang itetest ang pagcheck kung gumagagmit ng performance enhancement drugs.

nagkakaisa ang dalawa na dapat din nilang personal ma mataste ang semilya ni pacquiao :sick: para mapatunayan nilang hindi gumagamit ng pinagbabawal na steroid ang boxing icon.

Natuwa ako sa laban nya kay Cotto, nasabi ko sa sarili ko na "Cge pagbibigyan kita, tutal napasaya mo

kami sa mga panalo mo eh panonoorin ko ang Wapakman..."

I usually don't watch these basurang tagalog movies.. For me they're just worth downloaded sa net or

for piracy.. Sayang lang ang pera ko pang-sine.

But I heard ang ganda daw ng effects ng Panday ni Revilla. Confirmed na No.1 nga sila.

If that's so - Kudos to them! But I still won't vote for Revilla.

Now I know why Nicole of Pussycat Dolls and Batista somehow back-out - THE MOVIE SUCKS.

Instead si Nicole, si Ruffa Mae. Instead of Batista, si John Hall.

SA DINAMI DAMI NG PERA NI MANNY SANA KUMUHA SYA NG MAGALING NA WRITER, DIRECTOR, AT EDITORS.

Paskong-pasko nainis ako.

Parang ayoko nang panoorin yung laban nya kay Egoy kung matuloy man. Joke...

And I'm also sure that the power of cotto's punch is almost the same with floyd "paranoid" jr., consider also the ability of our pacman to absorb such power punches plus definitely his speed.

I beg to disagree sir. Cotto's punch is way superior than Gayweather, that's the reason why the latter's afraid of Cotto.

And about the drug-testing thing. I always think about this:

If I am Pacman and I am on steroids or whatever, I'll make sure that it's effects will be until the fight night itself, right? That means it will still have its effects right after the fight. But Pacquiao agreed to have his blood (and urine) tested right after the fight. That means he's not hiding anything. He's clean. He just do not want to be bullied by a subpar fighter in Gayweather. Maybe Gayweather does not want to have his samples taken after the fight, because maybe, he thinks, he will be unconscious by that time... :lol: