PacMan's Corner

menime

INSIDE INFO: ARUM'S ASSESSMENT OF MANNY'S TRAINING NOT GOOD

article by DEEPTHROAT

I write for a newspaper in the US and a popular sports online site, which will remain anonymous. I have published "insider information" here on MTC in the past...information that I received from insiders within Pacquiao's circle (in or around it). Below is information I want to share with you from sources that will remain unnamed.

Anyway, why do you think Bob Arum was telling everyone on media day that Manny needs to train harder? I have inside information regarding a conversation between Arum and Roach right before Media day. Apparently, Arum has seen "footage" and heard reports of Cotto's training which is going very smoothly and very effectively. The gist of Cotto's training is that he has never looked so sharp at this stage of his training. Cotto's team has dissected all of Manny's relevant fights and has prepared multiple strategies that will nullify Pacquiao's in-and-out attack strategy. Furthermore, Cotto's attack will include fighting both in the normal stance and southpaw stance that aims to confuse Pacquiao during the early, middle and late rounds (if necessary).

Upon seeing Manny's sparring performance on Media day, Arum concluded that Manny has a long way to go in his preparations in such a SHORT AMOUNT OF TIME before the Nov. 14 fight. Arum told Roach (based on Arum's reports on Cotto's training) that Manny will have no chance to beat Cotto, GIVEN Pacquiao's erratic, circus-like training camp. Arum observed that Manny is SO OVERCONFIDENT that he will beat Cotto. Roach has reported to Arum that Manny's supporters (team Pacquiao, politicians, advisers, media, etc.) have convinced Manny that he will beat Cotto, regardless of whether he trains hard or not, etc. Long story short, Manny's head has been corrupted by over confidence from his surroundings. Hence, Manny has embraced all the circus that surrounds him everyday in an effort to also boost his political aspirations next year.

This is another reason why Arum has said that a "rematch" may happen after this fight. It's not because Cotto will demand for it...it's because he sees Manny losing and Manny finally waking up and wanting a rematch. Anyway, Roach and Arum actually wanted to move training camp to Los Angeles as soon as possible (even before their scheduled departure for LA), after seeing the daily circus in Baguio. However, team Pacquiao and Manny himself has insisted against that. Pacquiao is currently ill-prepared despite news saying that he will knockout Cotto and will be too fast for him, etc. For the first time, Roach is floating false information that he thinks Manny will knockout Cotto. The true underlying status is Pacquiao is behind schedule and has a knee problem to deal with. Roach did this because to make Team Cotto think that his fighter is in top shape (which he's not). Roach is playing chess with Cotto.

Manny really needs to get his act together or there will be no mega-fight with Mayweather. Another food for thought: Mayweather is looking at another option to fight someone else either in December or January (perhaps Moseley) in anticipation of a Manny loss in November!

article by DEEPTHROAT

I write for a newspaper in the US and a popular sports online site, which will remain anonymous. I have published "insider information" here on MTC in the past...information that I received from insiders within Pacquiao's circle (in or around it). Below is information I want to share with you from sources that will remain unnamed.

Anyway, why do you think Bob Arum was telling everyone on media day that Manny needs to train harder? I have inside information regarding a conversation between Arum and Roach right before Media day. Apparently, Arum has seen "footage" and heard reports of Cotto's training which is going very smoothly and very effectively. The gist of Cotto's training is that he has never looked so sharp at this stage of his training. Cotto's team has dissected all of Manny's relevant fights and has prepared multiple strategies that will nullify Pacquiao's in-and-out attack strategy. Furthermore, Cotto's attack will include fighting both in the normal stance and southpaw stance that aims to confuse Pacquiao during the early, middle and late rounds (if necessary).

Upon seeing Manny's sparring performance on Media day, Arum concluded that Manny has a long way to go in his preparations in such a SHORT AMOUNT OF TIME before the Nov. 14 fight. Arum told Roach (based on Arum's reports on Cotto's training) that Manny will have no chance to beat Cotto, GIVEN Pacquiao's erratic, circus-like training camp. Arum observed that Manny is SO OVERCONFIDENT that he will beat Cotto. Roach has reported to Arum that Manny's supporters (team Pacquiao, politicians, advisers, media, etc.) have convinced Manny that he will beat Cotto, regardless of whether he trains hard or not, etc. Long story short, Manny's head has been corrupted by over confidence from his surroundings. Hence, Manny has embraced all the circus that surrounds him everyday in an effort to also boost his political aspirations next year.

This is another reason why Arum has said that a "rematch" may happen after this fight. It's not because Cotto will demand for it...it's because he sees Manny losing and Manny finally waking up and wanting a rematch. Anyway, Roach and Arum actually wanted to move training camp to Los Angeles as soon as possible (even before their scheduled departure for LA), after seeing the daily circus in Baguio. However, team Pacquiao and Manny himself has insisted against that. Pacquiao is currently ill-prepared despite news saying that he will knockout Cotto and will be too fast for him, etc. For the first time, Roach is floating false information that he thinks Manny will knockout Cotto. The true underlying status is Pacquiao is behind schedule and has a knee problem to deal with. Roach did this because to make Team Cotto think that his fighter is in top shape (which he's not). Roach is playing chess with Cotto.

Manny really needs to get his act together or there will be no mega-fight with Mayweather. Another food for thought: Mayweather is looking at another option to fight someone else either in December or January (perhaps Moseley) in anticipation of a Manny loss in November!

a piece for the las vegas gamblers. walang pupusta if pacman is written is in "top form". pa dehado ng kaunti para may pumusta naman...

a piece for the las vegas gamblers. walang pupusta if pacman is written is in "top form". pa dehado ng kaunti para may pumusta naman...

Exactly my thoughts. Cotto with multiple strategies and switching stances - come on, that's hardly gonna happen.

Although I still think Pacquiao's Baguio training is indeed a media circus. PMA cadets running alongside Manny, with Dyan Castillejo doing footage and asking Manny: Kaya pa ba? Can someone please shut her up and keep her far,far away?! Followed by opening ceremonies for a shoot match- too many distractions.

article by DEEPTHROAT

With so many distractions (and not to mentioned the typhoons, the death of Rod Nazario), these things have a big effect on Pacman come fight night. From the way I see it, Cotto is the more focused fighter (compared to Manny's training, which is being swarmed by the media).

I'm a big Manny fan, but if his team will not transfer his training to the Wild Card gym in CA, most likely (and hopefully we do not want this to happen) that Cotto will pull an upset. Pacman might end up similar to what Rocky Balboa (in the third movie) had experienced (when he was badly beaten by Clubber Lang).

the fight date will be in nov.14

pacman will still be iun training at baguio till the 22nd of october.

as for his training, wll.. he really has alot of catching up to do. also heard that former champ jose luis castillo is now at the baguio training camp to spar with pacman.

sa visa yata ang problema. balita ko sa 26 na raw ang balik ni Pacman sa Wild Card sa Hollywood (isasara ang gym). ensayo siya sandali roon, tapos pupunta sila sa Vegas mga isang linggo bago ang laban.

sa tingin ko, mabagal si Cotto. pero hindi rin natin masabi, tinumba rin nya si Judah noon. hintayin na lang natin ang laban.

one thing about cotto - napakabagal niya kaya wag na kayo

mag alala sa laban. consider it done win number 50 na kay manny

sa nov. 15.

tungkol sa mayweather fight nila ni manny, buti pa pumayag na

si manny, arum, roach na kung anong hatian sa pera ang gusto

ni mayweather, pumayag na sila for thye sake of matuloy na

lang ang laban habang nasa prime pa si manny. at nang

masaksihan na nang buong mundo ang unang talo niya.

sige na, wag nang magpatigasan pa ng pride, give na lang si

manny sa gusto ni floyd at nang matuloy na sila.

kumbaga, ito ang unang laban ni manny para sa karangalan ng

bansang pilipinas - hindi sa pera. ang nakikita ko kasi dito -

pinapatanda na muna ni gayweather si manny hindi halata,

akala niya di ko alam iniisip niya.

Manny Pacquiao coach Alex Ariza: Why I punched out Michael Koncz

He couldn’t run and he couldn’t hide.

So, when Manny Pacquiao strength and conditioning guru Alex Ariza finally exploded in the “Collision at Cooyesan (Hotel)” in Baguio, the controversial Canadian showed his true colors.

Koncz didn’t lay down. He stayed down, taking about five solid punches to the face from Ariza, a 35-year-old usually even-tempered native of Bogota, Colombia.

Koncz did not even try to defend himself from the sudden physical attack.

I spoke at length with Ariza, who is prepping for his fifth major bout working alongside Pacman and Coach Freddie Roach, by telephone. Ariza was standing in the hotel lobby Friday night.

Ariza explained to me why he felt compelled to punch Koncz out.

“We were upstairs in the living room of Manny’s suite,” Ariza said of the Friday morning explosion. “He snapped at me, he got sarcastic and I did something not in my character.

“I told him, ‘Get up out of the chair.’ He didn’t get up and I punched him. Three of Manny’s bodyguards pulled me off him.

“You can’t rationalize with him, you can’t be diplomatic,” Ariza said. “I’m here to do my job, to be there for Manny 24/7. Koncz really has no role except for errand boy.”

Ariza said he was angered when he learned that, despite being told personally by Pacquiao that he wanted him to work the corner on fight night against Miguel Cotto (Nov. 14) as a replacement for ex-Roach assistant and former heavyweight champion Michael Moorer, that Koncz was blocking the move.

Ariza detailed the background to the fistic episode.

“On Thursday, I met with Manny and with (aide) Joe Ramos. They were going over tickets and credentials for the Cotto fight. Manny said he wanted me to work his corner. This is something Manny decided so I was, like, that’s cool.

“That’s a decision that only Manny ultimately makes.”

According to Ariza -- who got his start in boxing working for weight challenged Diego “Chico” Corrales -- sometime later in the day Koncz went to head trainer Roach and informed him that he would be in the corner and Ariza would not.”

Fast forward to Friday morning and Ariza asked Koncz to explain the seeming contradiction of Bossman Manny’s direct marching orders.

Koncz got red faced and snapped, “None of your f***ing business!”

That’s when Ariza rained a five-punch combination on Koncz’s head.

“I hit Koncz and he started screaming. That’s when the bodyguards moved in and grabbed me, pulled me off him.”

Is the Manny Pacquiao camp riddled with dissent, a house divided which cannot stand much longer?

Based on what I have learned, I’d say Team Pacquiao is united, united against the machinations and bad attitude and conduct of divisive agent and manager wanna-be Koncz.

More to follow from the Explosive Manny Pacquiao camp.

Isolated: No room at Manny Pacquiao inn for Freddie Roach

When Manny Pacquiao’s widely revered Coach Freddie Roach got to the Pinoy Idol’s training camp in Baguio, his arch rival Michael Koncz had a little surprise for him.

Most of the Pacman crew, including the fighter himself, were checked into the Cooyesan Hotel.

But, according to Pacman strength and conditioning guru Alex Ariza, there was no room at the inn for Roach.

Instead of bugging out and possibly upsetting the boxer, Roach accepted accommodations at the Manor Hotel.

“Koncz did that, he did that on purpose,” Ariza told me Friday by telephone from the Cooyesan Hotel.

Ariza physically attacked Koncz in Pacquiao’s suite when he discovered that the furtive Canadian agent—labeled only an “errand boy” by Ariza—was trying to change Pacman’s mind and have him replaced in the corner on fight night with, guess who, Koncz.

Ariza said shifting Roach to the other hotel and keeping him at a physical distance from Manny was a typical Koncz move.

“It’s all divide and conquer with this guy,” the 35 year old native of Colombia told me.

Ariza said Roach was initially upset to discover he had no room reserved at the Cooyesan after the long flight from Los Angeles to Manila and then on to Baguio.

“Freddie was like, ‘You’ve got to be fugging kidding me, I got no room here?’

“I went to the guy at the front desk and he was apologetic but he told me there was nothing he could because Koncz made the arrangements and that was it.

“It was a typical Koncz move. You just can’t reason with this guy because he’s always going behind your back.”

Coach Freddie Roach was relegated to the Manor Hotel at Camp John Hay, Baguio

Like many others who have observed Koncz, Ariza feels that the agent has some mental problems in dealing with other people.

Roach’s boxing credentials are beyond question. The ex-fighter is considered the premier trainer of his generation and is widely in demand.

For his own part, Ariza’s resume is strong in boxing and with MMA athletes. He’s worked for Diego Corrales, Amir Khan, Angel Manfredy among others.

Ariza is known as a “Roach guy” and he works seamlessly with the head trainer.

Ariza said his punch out of Koncz was a one off, that he usually gets along with everyone.

“I’ve never had a fight with any athlete, with any manager, with any trainer, with anybody but this guy is always trying to alienate people.”

More from the Explosive Manny Pacquiao Camp to follow…

Manny Pacquiao shoots hoops as entourage plays punch out

His strength, conditioning and nutrition guru Alex Ariza just jumped on his agent and go-fer Michael Koncz.

Manny Pacquiao’s beefy bodyguards had to pull an enraged Ariza off the older man in the living room of the boxer’s palatial suite at the Cooyesan Hotel in Baguio.

Ariza rained punches in the Canadian’s grill when Koncz told Coach Alex ”it’s none of your fugging business” in reply to a question about why the backstabbing and occasionally front stabbing agent was trying to persuade Megamanny to put him in his corner on fight night and remove the Freddie Roach assistant.

Ariza, 35, a young man with a solid background working with top level boxers and MMA athletes, told me Koncz has a history of messing him about.

“For the Ricky Hatton bout in May, Koncz made sure I didn’t get the wristband necessary to get past security into Manny’s locker room at the MGM Grand Garden Arena.

“I had to go to (Top Rank president) Todd duBoef to get a wristband. Those are the kind of petty power games that Koncz likes to play.”

So what effect does all this swirling dissension have on Pacman? Not much, it seems although sources other than Ariza told me that Manny sat Koncz down and told him in no uncertain terms to keep his nose out of boxing issues.

“Manny was quite firm with Michael this time,” the source said. “Manny told him to only do what Manny tells him to do. But Michael seems to ignore these warnings because he then goes out and tries to sabotage everyone else. His real hatred is for Coach Roach as everyone knows.”

I tried to get in touch with Pacman Friday night but a man at the front desk informed the fighter and his Pacquiao Posse were unavailable because they were shooting hoops at the hotel’s basketball court.

His strength coach jumps on his agent.

And Manny works on his jump shots.

Manny Pacquiao go-fer Koncz: 'Like Hitler without charm, brains'

There seems to be no end to people connected to Manny Pacquiao who complain about the machinations of furtive Canadian agent Michael Koncz.

Koncz tossed gasoline on the already burning feud between himself and Pacman trainer Coach Freddie Roach when he uttered the famous line, “Roach is just the trainer.”

Now I’ve revealed how, according to strength and conditioning coach Alex Ariza, Koncz deliberately failed to reserve a room for Roach at the Cooyesan Hotel in Baguio where everyone except for the trainer is staying.

Ariza, of course, has had all he can stomach of Koncz trying to block like the Steelers offensive line and exploded on the agent’s head with four or five rapid fire punches in Pacman’s plush suite on Thursday. Beefy bodyguards saved the older man from a real beat down by grabbing Ariza to stop the assault.

Now a well-placed American source who is privy to the swirling soap opera which surrounds Megamanny tells me, on the condition of anonymity, that Koncz’s power grabs have spun completely out of control.

“Michael is like Hitler but without the charm and intelligence,” the source said. “His power trip has become so pervasive that he has now irritated Manny’s wife, Jinkee. He’s got Jinkee tripping out and that cannot help Koncz in the long run.

“Michael wants Manny to dump his whole team, including his staff in Los Angeles, because he wants to create his own Team Pacquiao, a situation where everyone answers to him.”

For the record, my repeated attempts to reach Koncz and get his side of the overall story and his side on the attack by Ariza have gone for naught.

I don’t want anyone saying that Tom Babauta operates under “I distort and I decide.”

You know my number, Agent Koncz, 917 853 4484.

“White Gorilla” operators are standing by.