PacMan's Corner

menime

Any die-hard fan of Bruce Lee such as me will immediately likened the speed and skills of Filipino Boxing icon Manny Pacquiao with the legendary martial artist. Bruce Lee's philosophy is about flexibility which, in his own words, 'the ability to adapt like water'.

"Empty your mind, be formless like water, if you put water into a cup it becomes the cup, put water into a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow, water can crash. Be water my friend."

Manny Pacquiao has the ability to adapt to every opponent whether big or small as seen in two of his last fights in the form of a much bigger Oscar Dela Hoya and a slightly bigger Ricky Hatton in which Pacquiao demolished both of this elite fighters making them look like amateurs. Bruce Lee on the other hand has demonstrated his real-life skills in his film 'Game of Death' with a much taller opponent in the form of Kareem Abdul Jabbar. Manny Pacquiao has proven Bruce Lee's philosophy that the smaller guy can overpower a bigger and taller opponent. In Filipino layman's cry 'wala sa laki yan pare!'.

Manny Pacquiao's physique almost have the same physique with the legendary martial artist (photos below)

http://i835.photobucket.com/albums/zz274/dcrjreloaded3/spo1b.jpg

Manny Pacquiao

http://i835.photobucket.com/albums/zz274/dcrjreloaded3/The_Way_Of_The_Dragon_1972_Bruce_Le.jpg

Bruce Lee

The expanded wingspan (scapular muscles) of both Manny Pacquiao and Bruce Lee came from decades of dedicated training. In Filipino layman's term, those wingspan is known as 'palikpik'.

It's confirmed that Manny Pacquiao is also a fan of Bruce Lee as seen in videos inside his apartment suite in Los Angeles with a huge poster/painting of the legendary Bruce Lee hanging at his wall.

Cotto has good technical skills, but notice that this guy throws a power punch flat footed. So I really dont know if he can really hurt manny. Plus malambot masyado kilay nito kaya laging napuputukan.

even if he throws flat footed, it doesn't mean it doesn't have enough power to hurt.

cotto weighted in He's last fight 146 lbs, so there will be no problem for him to cut off 1 more extra pound, He's the more natural welterweight, between the two.

Pacman is in clear disadvantage, cause it will not hurt much Cotto to get to 145 limit, but we could bet that Pacman will not just be standing in front of Cotto.

But what will the critics say, after Pacquiao beat a 143 lbs Cotto?.

will just see wha uncle Freddie will do, and question will be who's gonna be the aggresor in this fight.

both are known in putting pressure to their opponent.

there's still a long wait.

walang sumagot ng tanong ko.

sino po bang naka laro na ng fight night round 4?

nag tanong kase ko sa mga suking pirata, wala daw lumabas sa PS2 nun?

tama ba?

hindi ko alam sa ps2, pero sa xbox360 may pirated na ng EA Sports Fight Night Round 4, pero hindi pa ako naka order ng dvd ng EA FNR4

even if he throws flat footed, it doesn't mean it doesn't have enough power to hurt.

cotto weighted in He's last fight 146 lbs, so there will be no problem for him to cut off 1 more extra pound, He's the more natural welterweight, between the two.

Pacman is in clear disadvantage, cause it will not hurt much Cotto to get to 145 limit, but we could bet that Pacman will not just be standing in front of Cotto.

But what will the critics say, after Pacquiao beat a 143 lbs Cotto?.

will just see wha uncle Freddie will do, and question will be who's gonna be the aggresor in this fight.

both are known in putting pressure to their opponent.

there's still a long wait.

Fine point taken, but right now manny is the fastest boxer there is regardless of any weight division. So assuming that Cotto may have more power than manny, being the bigger guy and all, speed always wins over power. You cant hit what you cant catch. You cant duck what you cant see coming. Plus, you would have to expend a lot of energy trying to chase a guy faster than you. Cottos best chance of beating pacquiao, is to have mannys back against the rope where he could neutralize his speed. De la hoya tried this, but did not have it in him to pull it off.

Most of all we have seen that manny has power to hurt bigger guys. Pag nalampasan ng Pacquiao Cotto ang revenue ng Mayweather Marquez, Im sure Floyd will call out manny to fight him

dapat kasi binabasa na muna ni manny at pati na mga abogado niya

at iba pang marami niyang kasamahan kung title bout ba yung

pipirmahan niya, ang nabasa lang kasi yung catch weight na 145 lbs.

hanapin muna kasi sa fight contract kung nakataya yung belt ng kalaban.

wala pa namang contract na pinipirmahan si manny... kasama nga yan ngayon sa mga pinag uusapan para ma finalize na detalye ng laban... :goatee:

Sana maplantsa na yung mga detalye para maghanda na si manny. He needs to do his muscle strength training before flying to LA for his boxing training. If this fight surpasses the PPV buys of Mayweather vs Marquez, siguradong mapapahiya si Pussy Boy Floyd Chicken. He keeps claiming siya daw ang cash cow ng boxing, when in fact the numbers pin point that de la hoya is the boxer that made the most PPV revenues in the history of the sport.

Pag mas malaki kinita Pacquiao-Cotto, siguradong aasarin si Pussy Boy ng mga critics. Then his pride would be so bruised up, hed call out manny to fight him. Huwag lang sana gago si manny at piliin ang pulitika over a fight with mayweather

Fine point taken, but right now manny is the fastest boxer there is regardless of any weight division. So assuming that Cotto may have more power than manny, being the bigger guy and all, speed always wins over power. You cant hit what you cant catch. You cant duck what you cant see coming. Plus, you would have to expend a lot of energy trying to chase a guy faster than you. Cottos best chance of beating pacquiao, is to have mannys back against the rope where he could neutralize his speed. De la hoya tried this, but did not have it in him to pull it off.

Agree. I saw a couple of Cotto fights on DVD.

Mabagal nga si Cotto. Given the he indeed packs some power behind his punches, mabagal tsaka parang conservative naman magbigay.

Also, tough sya... he gets beaten up so bad pero hindi matinag

A Cotto-Pacman fight would most likely end with Manny on top of a long, dragging and boring fight.

^^^

Ano pa kaya mayweather marquez? Both of them are counter punchers, so wed like be seeing a fight where both of them are waiting for the other to throw a punch. This would be a very dull fight, parang Leonard Vs Duran part 3. In fact mayweather does not want to be in a fight. He wants to box, duck, and tuck. Heck he is too scared to be in a fist brawl. Manny isnt

Like rocky marciano said, in any game, the best kind of defense is a strong offense. Why waltz around with a guy for 15 rounds if you can drop him in 5?

A perfect comparison would be the hatton fight. A lot of people say that Mayweather fought a more intelligent fight with hatton than manny did, because it did show how tight Mayweathers defense is, despite the fact that hatton was an aggressive fighter. Manny on the other hand, is just simply a brawler with no defensive skills. But Mannys demolition of hatton was a perfect example that offense is the best defense. He did not just brawl hatton toe to toe, he utilized body movements as he came forward. Notice that in the first knockdown during the first round, manny accurately delivered a punch on the chin, but at the same time he also managed to have the reflexes to dodge that hook from hatton. Mayweather would simply punch then clinch. Or duck and tuck. I dont think hed be able to manage to dodge and hit at the same time. If hatton only had mannys speed, Im sure hed beat mayweather. You cant dodge what you cant see coming at you

Pacquiao vs Cotto: Doesn’t anybody fight for BLOOD anymore?

By P.H. Burbridge - The Miguel Cotto – Manny Pacquiao fight has hit a bit of a snag. A major snag actually! We were led to believe by Bob Arum that this showdown was a done deal and that November 14th was all systems “go”. I think most of us just assumed it would be for Cotto’s WBO title so to find out that the title wasn’t even part of the initial discussion is a bit puzzling. My question is why would Manny Pacquiao fight Miguel Cotto if the title wasn’t on the line? I thought the whole point of him moving up in weight was to make history so I’m a little surprised that this is even being discussed at this juncture. It should have been ironed out right when these talks began. Bob Arum is acting puzzled about all this in the press but he must have known that the lack of a title belt had the potential to upset Pacquiao. AND, from Team Pacquiao’s perspective why wasn’t this addressed earlier? Arum and Pacquiao’s advisors were going back and forth for weeks on the terms of this deal before Manny accepted it on principal so how could this have been overlooked? Isn’t that why you guys came to the table in the first place?

There’s plenty of blame to go around.

Now, we have this situation where Pacquiao is insisting that the title be on the line so he can challenge history and is offering to pay ALL the sanctioning fees himself. Interesting! Miguel Cotto is playing a very shrewd game here. He could be painting Pacquiao into a corner so that he can walk into the ring at the welterweight limit thusly removing any advantage Manny Pacquiao could have physically but more importantly psychologically going in to this fight. A little gamesmanship from Miguel… I like it and I have to be honest that it never even occurred to me until I heard about it but it makes all the sense in the world. I have to tip my hat to Miguel and his team. It’s damn clever.

Here’s an important piece of this. This is a voluntary defense. It’s not mandatory. The WBO can “sanction” this fight BUT what they CAN’T do is force Miguel to agree to these terms.

That’s the bottom line.

Cotto has the luxury to say “if you want the welterweight title Pacquiao then let’s fight at the welterweight limit!” If you just want to fight me for the sake of fighting me then I’ll meet you at 145 lbs as per our verbal agreement. What does Manny say? “I want the welterweight title but I want to change the division’s weight specifications so I have an advantage!” He can’t say that (at least not publicly) and Cotto knows it. Cotto has put the burden on Pacquiao. The WBO as you would expect want the sanctioning fee for this huge fight so of course they’re all for getting this deal done. They’ve already gone ahead and ranked Manny as their #1 contender even though the only fighter Pacquiao has beaten at the weight is Oscar De La Hoya who wasn’t even ranked by the WBO at welterweight. Frankly, De La Hoya wasn’t ranked at welterweight by any sanctioning body. He was ranked only at 154 at the time. The primary reason Manny was awarded the #1 ranking was to legitimize this fight which obviously would put the WBO in line to collect that healthy sanctioning fee. You have to ask yourself “how come the WBO is the only sanctioning body ranking Manny at welterweight?” Are they so much more advanced than the WBA, IBF and WBC in terms of how their rankings work or in their assessment of a fighter OR do they have some kind of financial agenda? I think the answer is fairly obvious.

Now that Cotto is playing hard ball Manny’s goal of winning a 7th world title has unexpectedly added to Cotto’s negotiating power. Miguel is currently holding some very strong cards. He can get a bigger percentage or he can get himself an agreement to weigh in at the welterweight limit. Either way he’s way ahead.

The WBO, Bob Arum and especially Manny Pacquiao have got a mess on their hands. The WBO cannot fix this problem for Arum and Pacquiao.

If the champion (Cotto) relinquishes his title then HOW can the guy he’s fighting win that title? The challenger can’t win it by beating the ex-champion which is what Cotto would be. The WBO would have to designate a fight between #1 and #2 for the vacant title. WBO president Francisco Valcarcel is citing the Oscar De La Hoya-Bernard Hopkins fight which was fought at 158 lbs for Hopkins middleweight crown as it’s precedence for sanctioning this fight but the only problem with that logic is that Hopkins AGREED (voluntary defense) to put his title on the line under those terms. Valcarcel is comparing apples and oranges here. The WBO can’t force Cotto to defend its title at the 145 weight limit. They can “sanction” it but not enforce it. Cotto so far hasn’t agreed to do it and unless Pacquiao is made the mandatory challenger the WBO cannot enforce their own by-law which requires a champion to defend or sign to defend the title by a specified deadline. But, again even if they did do that they still couldn’t drop the welterweight limit down to 145 lbs. That was a side deal made between Cotto and Pacquiao and as far as Cotto is concerned it has NOTHING to do with the WBO. And, he’s right. Cotto is right. Arum and Team Pacquiao have put this fight in jeopardy.

The WBO wants this fight as much Arum does but they can’t get into the realm of dictating terms a fight contract especially if that contract stipulates that their champion fight outside of their OWN acknowledged weight limit. This is all in the hands of Miguel Cotto. The WBO has already done everything they could to set the stage. They’re the only sanctioning body out of the big four who rank Manny at welterweight. The WBC lists him at #1 at 140, the WBA lists him at #2 at 140 and the IBF doesn’t rank him at all in their 140 or 147 lb world rankings. There’s no question as to why. The second Manny Pacquiao and Bob Arum showed interest in fighting Miguel Cotto the WBO suddenly ranked him as their #1 contender. No other sanctioning body would dare rank Pacquiao at welterweight being that he just won the IBO title at 140 lbs. Now, the WBO will come back with the expected “these rankings are at OUR discretion” but it’s at our discretion as fans to say “you guys have zero credibility in these matters!” AND, “we’re not going to support your future world champions because your belt means nothing!”

They’re on shaky moral and ethical ground and they know it.

Miguel Cotto used some pretty strong language in saying “"145 pounds is not a weight class. If the WBO does not like my decision, I will give them back their title. I have no problems with that!" That’s what he recently told Carlos Gonzalez of PrimerHora. If he’s serious then there’s no rationale or ETHICAL way that the WBO can award Manny its welterweight championship should he beat Cotto. There’s no way the WBO can say “yes, Cotto relinquished the title so he no longer represents the WBO as its world champion BUT if you beat him (Manny Pacquiao) then we’ll make you our world champion anyway!”

Bob Arum made some statements early on indicating essentially that this fight didn’t need a title but my sense is he should have checked in with Pacquiao first. Now, he’s got a mess on his hands and very few realistic options.

Team Pacquiao clearly doesn’t want to do business with Shane Mosley who just came short of begging Manny for a fight!

There are a number of good reasons for that but the primary one has to be the beating Shane put on Margarito. Suffice it to say that Roach is more comfortable with Cotto.

But, now Cotto is the one dictating terms and unless Bob Arum can change his mind then he has Manny Pacquiao right where he wants him.

In a corner!

And keeping him there is Miguel Cotto’s best chance at winning.

Is Floyd Mayweather Afraid of Manny Pacquiao? Don’t Idolize Him Then!

By Benjie Varella – Floyd Mayweather Jr. who wanted to be called the “Money” still talks trash on the current pound-for-pound king Manny “Pacman” Pacquiao. Floyd believes that he still is the king in boxing and that Manny Pacquiao is no match for him. The former pound-for-pound king also stressed that he needs to be called the Money since he brings the highest ticket and pay-per-view sales each time he is on the canvass.. But didn’t Paquaio surpass his record when the Filipino superstar fought, retired and annihilated the Golden Boy Oscar Dela Hoya and British Ricky “Hitman” Hatton?

Floyd who has an unblemished record which consists of 39 victories, no losses and 25Kos continuously boasts about his past opponents.

The Money Floyd has to be respected when it comes to this matter. He has defeated many popular names in boxing. He simply outclassed the likes of Carlos Baldomir; Zab Judah; Arturo Gatti; Philip N’dou; Jose Luis Castillo; Jesus Chavez; Carlos Hernandez and Diego Corrales.

Dela Hoya and Hatton were also victims of Floyd long before Pacquiao shamed these two former champs.

In Pacquiao’s resume, here are the names he crushed that rings-a-bell in boxing. They are David Diaz; Juan Manuel Marquez; Marco Antonio Barrera; Jorge Solis; Erik Morales; Oscar Larios; Agapito Sanchez; Lehlohonolo Ledwaba and Chatchai Sasakul.

Pacquiao who is set to battle with Puerto Rican pride Miguel Cotto for a WBO title on November is eyeing to make a history to grab his seventh title.

Going back to Floyd, since coming out of retirement and announcing his comeback fight on the day of Pacquiao-Hatton bout last May, he has maintained that he is still the number one boxer in the world and said that should he fight the Filipino superstar he has all the right to receive the higher paycheck.

In the recent trash-talk saga of the Money in a popular magazine in the US, he showed no interest of fighting Pacquiao. He is confident that Hatton’s career was over and was never the same boxer since their outing almost two years ago.

Floyd is implying that a fight against Pacquiao is really not needed since Dela Hoya and Hatton who was also beaten by the Filipino were just old bones who was picked by the latter to have the popularity he now is gaining.

But the Money probably is forgetting something. He defeated Dela Hoya via unanimous decision while Pacqiao made the Golden Boy retire from the boxing match and even from the sports.

He did beat and gave Hatton his first taste of defeat in boxing after knocking out the Brit in 10 rounds but Pacquiao annihilated the Hitman in the 2nd round of their match.

To settle the issue who amongst the two should be considered the best pound-for-pound, should they come out victorious against their respective foes, Juan Manuel Marquez for Floyd and Miguel Cotto for Pacquiao, why not find that out inside the boxing ring and not through word war.

Pacquiao have already released a statement that he is ready to face the Money after Cotto but the latter seem to be showing no interest for this match to happen. Then what’s with the endless trash-talking Floyd? It would be better to use the fists to whip opponents and not the mouth.

Floyd’s legacy could be cemented as the greatest pound-for-pound king should he accept the challenge and come out victorious over the Filipino superstar. But if he would choose to ignore the challenge of Pacquiao and continue the nonstop trash-talking, then what kind of legacy would the Money leave the boxing fans?

Probably in the garbage bin where all trash belong.

By the way, could it be true that Floyd is afraid of Pacquiao because he knows that the Filipino superstar is capable of putting dirt on his record? Some colleagues were even cracking up jokes pointing out that it is Floyd who is idolizing Pacquiao and it’s not the other way around.

One speculated that Mayweather’s camp is now studying the fighting style of Paqcuiao so that they can use this as a weapon against Marquez on September.

Well I must agree, Mayweather’s idol could be Pacquiao. I concluded, it’s not only the fighting style that he is trying to imitate but even the name of the Filipino superstar.

It’s Money Floyd Mayweather versus Manny Pacquiao! Hmmm, Money Vs Manny, it sounds the same, right?

Is Floyd Mayweather Afraid of Manny Pacquiao? Don’t Idolize Him Then!

By Benjie Varella – Floyd Mayweather Jr. who wanted to be called the “Money” still talks trash on the current pound-for-pound king Manny “Pacman” Pacquiao. Floyd believes that he still is the king in boxing and that Manny Pacquiao is no match for him. The former pound-for-pound king also stressed that he needs to be called the Money since he brings the highest ticket and pay-per-view sales each time he is on the canvass.. But didn’t Paquaio surpass his record when the Filipino superstar fought, retired and annihilated the Golden Boy Oscar Dela Hoya and British Ricky “Hitman” Hatton?

Floyd who has an unblemished record which consists of 39 victories, no losses and 25Kos continuously boasts about his past opponents.

The Money Floyd has to be respected when it comes to this matter. He has defeated many popular names in boxing. He simply outclassed the likes of Carlos Baldomir; Zab Judah; Arturo Gatti; Philip N’dou; Jose Luis Castillo; Jesus Chavez; Carlos Hernandez and Diego Corrales.

Dela Hoya and Hatton were also victims of Floyd long before Pacquiao shamed these two former champs.

In Pacquiao’s resume, here are the names he crushed that rings-a-bell in boxing. They are David Diaz; Juan Manuel Marquez; Marco Antonio Barrera; Jorge Solis; Erik Morales; Oscar Larios; Agapito Sanchez; Lehlohonolo Ledwaba and Chatchai Sasakul.

Pacquiao who is set to battle with Puerto Rican pride Miguel Cotto for a WBO title on November is eyeing to make a history to grab his seventh title.

Going back to Floyd, since coming out of retirement and announcing his comeback fight on the day of Pacquiao-Hatton bout last May, he has maintained that he is still the number one boxer in the world and said that should he fight the Filipino superstar he has all the right to receive the higher paycheck.

In the recent trash-talk saga of the Money in a popular magazine in the US, he showed no interest of fighting Pacquiao. He is confident that Hatton’s career was over and was never the same boxer since their outing almost two years ago.

Floyd is implying that a fight against Pacquiao is really not needed since Dela Hoya and Hatton who was also beaten by the Filipino were just old bones who was picked by the latter to have the popularity he now is gaining.

But the Money probably is forgetting something. He defeated Dela Hoya via unanimous decision while Pacqiao made the Golden Boy retire from the boxing match and even from the sports.

He did beat and gave Hatton his first taste of defeat in boxing after knocking out the Brit in 10 rounds but Pacquiao annihilated the Hitman in the 2nd round of their match.

To settle the issue who amongst the two should be considered the best pound-for-pound, should they come out victorious against their respective foes, Juan Manuel Marquez for Floyd and Miguel Cotto for Pacquiao, why not find that out inside the boxing ring and not through word war.

Pacquiao have already released a statement that he is ready to face the Money after Cotto but the latter seem to be showing no interest for this match to happen. Then what’s with the endless trash-talking Floyd? It would be better to use the fists to whip opponents and not the mouth.

Floyd’s legacy could be cemented as the greatest pound-for-pound king should he accept the challenge and come out victorious over the Filipino superstar. But if he would choose to ignore the challenge of Pacquiao and continue the nonstop trash-talking, then what kind of legacy would the Money leave the boxing fans?

Probably in the garbage bin where all trash belong.

By the way, could it be true that Floyd is afraid of Pacquiao because he knows that the Filipino superstar is capable of putting dirt on his record? Some colleagues were even cracking up jokes pointing out that it is Floyd who is idolizing Pacquiao and it’s not the other way around.

One speculated that Mayweather’s camp is now studying the fighting style of Paqcuiao so that they can use this as a weapon against Marquez on September.

Well I must agree, Mayweather’s idol could be Pacquiao. I concluded, it’s not only the fighting style that he is trying to imitate but even the name of the Filipino superstar.

It’s Money Floyd Mayweather versus Manny Pacquiao! Hmmm, Money Vs Manny, it sounds the same, right?

Floyd is simply making a controversy as usual. Its al just a part of his theatrics to make himself more interesting and more sellable. Just like mike tyson, people buy the tickets because they are always anticipating what antics this guy is going to pull, and not so much on how he fights. Manny is different. People buy the ticket because they know manny is going to bring it. Manny will be on the ring to woop some ass. He always aims to win in a remarkable fashion. This guy does not just aim to duck block, and outpoint the opponent like floyd does. Everytime he steps on the ring, you know there is going to be action. He fights to demolish his opponents, Floyd on the other hand spends all the time to avoid being in one. Manny is a proof that you dont have to be an ear biting freak, or a trash talking punk to sell tickets. People want to see action in the ring ang manny delivers second to none. In mayweathers last 2 fights, sad to say it was de la hoya and hatton who was bringing the action and not him.]

But like I said he is simply making himself sellable. Actually floyd is trying to dodge pacquiao the way he did cotto. Notice how Floyd talks s@%t about his opponents endlessly before fight night, and notice he is not doing that now. Why? Because people right now are pressuring him to fight manny to prove his claim to be the best in the era. It only makes sense, if you want to be the best, you have to beat the best. So instead he will keep dismissing pacquiaos status, and claim that marquez beat pacquaio on both fights. If he did talk s@%t about marques, critics would have went like, "If he was not even on your level why not fight the pound for pound king. Floyd called out de la hoya, floyd called out judah, floyd called out hatton. But right now he cant go like "yeah give me pacquiao and ill fight him". Heck moseley was not afraid to go down weight and take a cut on his pay to meet pacquiao. Mayweather is using Bob Arum as an excuse why he would not make a deal with manny. Oh come on Pussy Boy Floyd, If you want money, you should get manny. This is a fight the whole world is clamoring to see. If money is floyds motivation there it is. If the pound for pound title is his motivation there it is. If you want this fight, arum or no arum youd be in the negotiating table right now

Agree. I saw a couple of Cotto fights on DVD.

Mabagal nga si Cotto. Given the he indeed packs some power behind his punches, mabagal tsaka parang conservative naman magbigay.

Also, tough sya... he gets beaten up so bad pero hindi matinag

A Cotto-Pacman fight would most likely end with Manny on top of a long, dragging and boring fight.

speed kills, there is no doubt na mas mabilis si Manny pero in terms of strength mas malakas at mas delikado si Cotto. Yung huling laban na medyo naalog si Manny ay kay Larios pa, (in one of the rounds). Tapos, bago pa yun ay yung kay Hussein, so during the actual fight Cotto can weight as much as 160 lbs, just imagine the force behind a single punch, let's just pray na wag taaman ng isang matindi si Manny.

kawawa gayweather vs marquez katapat nila ang UFC 103, tapos wala na masyadong noise tungkol sa "mega fight" daw nila. Mukhang tuloy ang Pacman -Cotto megafight, pre-fight drama lang para may publicity at matabunan ang gayweather-marquez. nag iisip kung saan muna mag train si pacman sa canada, mexico, bahamas, kasi may hahabulin sila ng IRS pag full training siya sa US.

cotto is used to fighting faster guys;

he was able to overcome Sugar shane, and other faster guys.

And cotto is not a walk in the park like hatton, he may be slow, but he's not just gonna come to fight, un prepared.

We just have to see if the fight will happen despite of the despute in the belt.

Yes indeed cotto won that fight. But remember he won a unanimous but very close decision. Moseley has got good handspeed, but he does not have the overall quickness, coordination, and lightness of feet that manny has.

Speed always wins over power. The only way to beat a fast guy is to lessen the available space for him to manuver, i.e. get him pitted against the ropes. But youd have to expend a lot of energy to chase the guy around. Like Ali said, you cant hit what you cant catch, you cant block what you dont see coming.

No doubt of course cotto is to date the best fighter manny will face. Cotto is a good fighter that is younger and very much still in his prime. So far paganda ng paganda quality ng fighters na nakakalaban ni Manny. The marquez fight was close, Diaz was no elite fighter, De la hoya was no longer a spring chicken, and hatton was a bit overated. If manny beats cotto, Im sure, hindi makukuha ni Pussy Boy ang pound for pound championship kahit matalo nya pa si marquez. The only way he is gonna get it, is if he stops being such a pussy and actually get the deal done with manny

^^^

Yep IBO and Ring Magazine Junior Welterweight Champion ngayon si Manny. But of course in boxing the major sanctioning bodies are WBC, WBA, and IBF. If you have all three belts, then you are considered an undisputed champion. WBO di pa siya gaano considered as a major sanctioning body in the level of the three aforementioned. But being an undisputed champ means youd have to pay all sanctioning bodies every fight. Ansakit sa bulsa nun.