PacMan's Corner

menime

Google mo pre ang keywords na Margarito + cheat, daming usap-usapan sa boxing circles about steroid use and illegal wraps. So dapat undefeated pa rin si Cotto kung totoo ito. Why would Manny fight someone who is not only a loser but also has a bad reputation? Margarito must be high or suffering from brain damage.

Google mo pre ang keywords na Margarito + cheat, daming usap-usapan sa boxing circles about steroid use and illegal wraps. So dapat undefeated pa rin si Cotto kung totoo ito. Why would Manny fight someone who is not only a loser but also has a bad reputation? Margarito must be high or suffering from brain damage.

Well yeah, kasi nga kahit nga yung isang sparring partner nya testified that during sessions, margaritos gloves were unusually hard. Tsaka even a half wit moron will not buy his story, that he had no knowledge about what was being placed in his hands. Your a three time titlist, your hands are your best assests, and you dont watch them as they are being wrapped? thats plain BS.

Well you gotta admire cotto though, because he opted not to bitch about it. Kung tutuusin dapat ideclare din na no contest yung laban na yun. But he opted not to make excuses na lang. Thats what great fighters are about, they are gracious when they win, and equally gracious when they lose. Unlike marquez na ayaw tangapin pagkatalo nya. Manny never cheated, he fought that fight clean. The fight was close and yes the decision could have went in the favor of marquez, but I dont think pacquiao would have bitched that way about it. Besides, marquez lost for a reason, and that was because he fought less aggressively in both fights. I mean aggression if a factor in scoring pro boxing.

"I never thought of losing, but now that I have the only thing I need is to lose properly".

-Muhammad Ali

Pareng skitz, san mo naman nasagap balita na yan, hahaha. I dont know if Im pissed of margarito because he turned out to be a fraud, or because natalo ako sa pustahan, oh well a bit of both I guess.

Margarito is finished from boxing, hindi siya pwede lumaban sa US where the money is, and why would pacquiao fight in another location where there is no money?

Margarita should join women's boxing. :lol:

Matagal na yang issue kay Margarito. Nagstart yan nung January match kung saan natalo siya kay Mosley. Tapos nung March nadiscover na yung substance na nakita sa wraps niya ay may elements na makakagawa ng Plaster of Paris. Actually both sides have a case to point out naman pero in the end yung sitwasyon was not good for the sport of boxing.

Matagal na yang issue kay Margarito. Nagstart yan nung January match kung saan natalo siya kay Mosley. Tapos nung March nadiscover na yung substance na nakita sa wraps niya ay may elements na makakagawa ng Plaster of Paris. Actually both sides have a case to point out naman pero in the end yung sitwasyon was not good for the sport of boxing.

If you ask me di lang one year suspension of boxing license binigay kay margartio. He should have been banned for life in the sport. If you use steroids in a baseball game, you use an illegal bat in a baseball game, you would be able to hit more home runs. If you use steroids in a weight lifting competition, youd grow more muscles, thus giving you more of an edge. But in a sport like boxing, cheating could actually mean someone elses life. Margarito could have killed his opponents.

Hindi malayong ginawa din nya ito sa iba nyang mga laban. Napanood ko laban nila ni moseley. He wasnt the same margarito that defeated miguel cotto. Halatang takot na takot, nawala yung kanyang psychological edge, because alam nya wala siyang pandaya. As far as the boxing aficionados are concerned, margarito turned out to be a fraud, a fake. No one will pay to see him fight.

Looking at the stats page of Cotto and Mosley, I figure that Cotto is the better (easier) foe for Manny. No significant height advantge (they are even, in some listings). Mosley is just TOO BIG. Mosley is no pansy ass dela Hoya. Remember the bad predictions when Manny came up the ring vs dela Hoya? That might yet come true, if he fights Mosley.

Looking at the stats page of Cotto and Mosley, I figure that Cotto is the better (easier) foe for Manny. No significant height advantge (they are even, in some listings). Mosley is just TOO BIG. Mosley is no pansy ass dela Hoya. Remember the bad predictions when Manny came up the ring vs dela Hoya? That might yet come true, if he fights Mosley.

Agree, masyadong dehado dito si manny, lalo ung lalaban siya at 147. Siguro mga 143 or 140 ok na. Because that would mean mosely would need to reduce muscle mass to make weight.

With so many opponents that are lining up for the Pacman, it is hard to tell who will be his next opponent. Most people think that either Mayweather, Jr., Cotto or Mosley will be Pacman's possible foe. I'm not sure right now who will Pacman face. But it does not matter for him, as long as he is ready to fight in October. He's not really picky in terms of choosing an opponent.

Latest

Ayaw na daw ni Cotto lumaban below 147lbs

Malabo namang matuloy yung kay Mayweather parehas silang ayaw ng 50/50.

Si Clottey lumulubo daw hanggang 170 kaya hindi uubra.

Ang medyo malinaw linaw si Mosley kasi pumapayag sa mga kundisyunes pero mukhang ayaw naman ni Arum at Roach

Pag nanalo si JMM pwede ding siya na last fight ni Manny sa 2009.

Manny Pacquiao's 2008 BWAA Fighter of the Year award acceptance speech

“Pleasant evening to all the guests, my fellow awardees and the esteemed members of the Boxing Writers Association of America. I would like to congratulate the Boxing Writers Association of America for it's 84th annual awards night. Your long existence only proves that there no association more prestigious than the Boxing Writers Association of America. (applause)

You have passed the test of time. It is my great honor and privilege to be chosen as the 2008 Fighter of the Year. It is for this reason that I chose to travel half across the globe to personally receive this award tonight. (cheers and applause)

Choosing me as the fighter of the year in 2006 was the highest accolade in my boxing career. Giving it to me for the second time leaves me with no words to express the joy and how grateful I feel. It would surely pain me not to come accept this prestigious award personally. I want to let you know that it is a privilege to personally receive this award and thank everybody for their trust and confidence you have given me. Deep in my heart I know how the BWAA has supported me in my boxing career. The members have been kind and wonderful to me in the write-ups.

Who I am, not only in America but the whole world is something I owe to you my friends. And for that, I will be forever grateful. (cheers and applause) For honoring me with this prestigious award, I promise the Boxing Writers Association of America that the boxing fans will see a more exciting Manny Pacquiao, every round, every minute, every second I fight on the top of the ring…

I also hope that this award will serve as an example and an inspiration for the young fighters to believe in themselves and keep on dreaming big. Always remember, your dreams will always be inside you. No one can take it away.

Having this award now is really larger than life; having to follow the footprints of the legendary fighters. But I didn’t do it all by myself. I had the help and support of many people. I’d like to take this rare opportunity to thank all of them, especially to our God. Without God I am not here. For all the blessing he gave me, Thank you.

And to my wife and kids: Jinkee, Michael, Jimwell, Princess and Queen Elizabeth and to my family who supported me- advice, encouragement and comfort over the course of this endeavor having more than I can express.

Mr. Bob Arum, my promoter Bob, Thanks for believing in me.

To my trainer Freddie Roach, Congratulations coach for being the trainer of the year. You deserve it!

To the members of Team Pacquiao, it has been a wonderful year for all of us.

To the Filipino nation who continue to inspire me to do my best. To all the boxing fans, to my fellow nominees who are equally great and excellent in their own way. And to all the people and institutions that I forgot to mention who in one way or another contributed a lot to making everything possible for me. Thank you! This is for you!!!"

:goatee:

Manny Pacquiao's 2008 BWAA Fighter of the Year award acceptance speech

“Pleasant evening to all the guests, my fellow awardees and the esteemed members of the Boxing Writers Association of America. I would like to congratulate the Boxing Writers Association of America for it's 84th annual awards night. Your long existence only proves that there no association more prestigious than the Boxing Writers Association of America. (applause)

You have passed the test of time. It is my great honor and privilege to be chosen as the 2008 Fighter of the Year. It is for this reason that I chose to travel half across the globe to personally receive this award tonight. (cheers and applause)

Choosing me as the fighter of the year in 2006 was the highest accolade in my boxing career. Giving it to me for the second time leaves me with no words to express the joy and how grateful I feel. It would surely pain me not to come accept this prestigious award personally. I want to let you know that it is a privilege to personally receive this award and thank everybody for their trust and confidence you have given me. Deep in my heart I know how the BWAA has supported me in my boxing career. The members have been kind and wonderful to me in the write-ups.

Who I am, not only in America but the whole world is something I owe to you my friends. And for that, I will be forever grateful. (cheers and applause) For honoring me with this prestigious award, I promise the Boxing Writers Association of America that the boxing fans will see a more exciting Manny Pacquiao, every round, every minute, every second I fight on the top of the ring…

I also hope that this award will serve as an example and an inspiration for the young fighters to believe in themselves and keep on dreaming big. Always remember, your dreams will always be inside you. No one can take it away.

Having this award now is really larger than life; having to follow the footprints of the legendary fighters. But I didn’t do it all by myself. I had the help and support of many people. I’d like to take this rare opportunity to thank all of them, especially to our God. Without God I am not here. For all the blessing he gave me, Thank you.

And to my wife and kids: Jinkee, Michael, Jimwell, Princess and Queen Elizabeth and to my family who supported me- advice, encouragement and comfort over the course of this endeavor having more than I can express.

Mr. Bob Arum, my promoter Bob, Thanks for believing in me.

To my trainer Freddie Roach, Congratulations coach for being the trainer of the year. You deserve it!

To the members of Team Pacquiao, it has been a wonderful year for all of us.

To the Filipino nation who continue to inspire me to do my best. To all the boxing fans, to my fellow nominees who are equally great and excellent in their own way. And to all the people and institutions that I forgot to mention who in one way or another contributed a lot to making everything possible for me. Thank you! This is for you!!!"

:goatee:

Galing magsulat ni Gacad. He was the one who drafted and wrote the final script ng speech nito ni Pacman. Well applauded ang speech ni Pacman. Well, siguro, coming from his heart din naman ito. Buti na lang nagpalit ang isip ni Manny. Originally kasi ayaw niyang magpunta sa NYC sa event na ito, buti nabuyo ng mga close friends niya kundi laking disaster dahil mga media and press people ang umaasa na magpakita siya duon.

Split decision sina Cotto at Clottley.

I was betting for Clottey to win. Nakakatawa lang siya nung nag inarteng pilay so he can get points off Cotto. Clottey could have won that if he didnt thought he was ahead on points, and could have been more aggressive.

Para di OT, Cotto could be bigger than Manny but is slow. Manny can knock him down.

sa performance ni Cotto sa last fight nya with Clottey, kayang kayang patumbahin ni Pacman to up to 8 rounds...

sayang 'yong knockdown ni Clottey sa 1st round. kung hind sya tumumba, kanya pa sana ang round 1 pati championship makukuha nya kay Cotto. pero kahit manalo sya kay Cotto malabong sya magin kasunod na kalaban ni Pacman.

Watched the fight of Cotto yesterday. Manny can take this guy. I was unimpressed. He's slow. Even if he outweighs Manny by 10lbs come fight night, there is no way this man can hit Manny, the way Manny's been moving the last few fights. I'd rather Manny fight him at 147 than Sugar Shane at 144.

injured si PBF... hahahaha. off muna yung laban nya this july...

Asus! for all we know, gimmick lang yan ni crispy floyd chicken, para lalon siyang makaiwas kay manny. Ititiming nya yung bagong schedule ng laban nila ni marquez, in such a way that lalong magiging alanganin para ischedule yung laban niya kay manny pacquiao. Delaying tactics lang yan, because he knows people are clamoring for a mayweather vs pacquiao.

Parang di natin kilala si Crispy Floyd Chicken, he retired just in time that his next match would either be Miguel Cotto (who was the best in the welterweight division) or a rematch with de la hoya wherein he almost lost.

To tell you guys the truth Marquez really deserves a 3rd fight with Pacquiao. Marquez really won the their last fight and Pacquiao knows it that is why Pacquiao keeps on dodging Marquez he knows that he won't win the 3rd fight. Marquez really has his number already. So what Pacquiao needs to do is to fight Marquez, device a strategy to knockout him out and to silence all those who are saying tha PACQUIAO IS CHICKEN when it comes to Marquez.

^^^

I agree, the fight could have went either way. I don't think manny has any intentions to dodge marquez. Nagkataon lang na pagkatapos nung pangalawang laban nila, nakakasa na siya kay diaz. And after that pumasok si De la Hoya sa eksena. The next logical fight for him would have been hatton. Yun lang yun. But remember nung muntik ng di matuloy laban kay hatton, manny was quoted na he is willing to fight marquez na lang uli, kung di nila maayos hatian.

On the fight itself, ang proboxing di lang naman ito paramihan ng suntok. Ang proboxing is also based on dominance, and aggression. Mas konti nga naipapatamang suntok kalaban mo, pero kung siya naman mas nakakasakit sayo at mas napapaurong ka sa laban, eh di talo ka pa din. Kaya nga madami ang nagsabi na si de la hoya nanalo sa laban nila ni mayweather. Sure mas maraming naipatamang suntok si mayweather, but de la hoya controlled the tempo of the fight, that mayweather just kept on backing out of trouble. In fact panoorin nyo yung last rounds, the mayweather camp was already worried kasi alam nila that they are possibly behind on points

As early as June 4 (or around ten days earlier), someone already posted in one of the threads at Philboxing.com that the PBF-Marquez would be postponed due to an injury to either PBF or Marquez although the real reason is the very poor ticket sales for the fight. The anonymous poster was apparently a GBP insider coz his post was right on the money.

New fight date will most likely be on September 19, which is near or around the time of some Mexican weekend/celebration. GBP wants to sell the fight to the Latino community.

Edited by agentjackbauer