PacMan's Corner

menime

i hope manny beats the sh*t out of mayweather, para mapahiya yung mag-amang mayabang hehehe :D

puro hamboG lang urong betLog naman hahaha

hay dayunior pag nakalaban mo si pareng manny this year eh huwag na huwag kang tatakbo at yuyuko yuko ha hahahaha

I don't ever see Pacman becoming dirt poor again. I see him becoming a lot less richer, minus the entourage, bodyguards, politico hangers-on. But the Pacman name has become a product in itself. Even after his fighting days are long over, the name is still a marketable commodity. Furthermore, while there are Navarettes and the Espinosas which has set the bad example, on the other side of the coin, there is the Bay Elorde, even now, 20 or so years after his death, still the breadwinner of his family. His family is still dependent on the investments he has made (Elorde Coliseum).

Well yeah, Ideally thats how it should work. Manny has no more reason to be dirt poor again.......... but time and again we have seen personalities squander their fortune like its "stop hammer time!". Take for instance tyson who was earning 30 million dollars per fight, and evander holyfield who was earning 35 million dollars during his hey day. Heck even multibillion dollar corporations that existed for decades go bankrupt.

But I have to give it to manny, compared naman kay navarette and espinosa, mas maganda nagawa niya sa kinita nya. But only time will tell if he can sustain it. But surely, when he hangs those gloves up, he will not be as rich as he is now. Kasi kahit me mga investments siya, di rin naman ganun kalaki ang ipapasok na pera nyan sa kanya unlike pag active pa siya. Not to mention he is heavily taxed.

Unless, he follows the footstep of Oscar de la Hoya, who started a successful boxing promotion. Kasi sa boxing, mga promoter lang permanenteng yumayaman. Im sure he will find many willing partners, if he wants to nurture his MP promotions

Oh well, in the end what can we really do, its his money. People did not give a rats ass about him when his family was starving, and I am sure people wont care if he goes back to that again.

ain't the "Golden Boy" for nothing...

:hypocritesmiley:

Unless, he follows the footstep of Oscar de la Hoya, who started a successful boxing promotion. Kasi sa boxing, mga promoter lang permanenteng yumayaman. Im sure he will find many willing partners, if he wants to nurture his MP promotions

they could if they really wanted to pursue it but I *guess* one could always argue that the "Pac-Man" was a play on his name rather than a reference to the granddaddy of video games.

<this is a pretty stupid example but Apple has yet to sue Tracy McGrady for T-Mac right?>

that and, the Pac-Man game itself has been part of pop culture for so long already that Namco (of Namco-Bandai) probably won't be able to retain as much exclusivity to its use like they used to.

Now, is it possible for NAMCO, owner of the game PACMAN, file a case of copyright infringement against Manny and chop of big money from his winnings? :unsure:
Edited by gift_of_game
Ano iyang MP promotions? Massage Parlor promotions ba? :lol:

Dude, pag nagkita tayo in person remind me to buy you a beer. :thumbsupsmiley: Naku dyan siya siguradong bebenta hahaha. Dito pa lang sa MTC maraming magiging willing client.

ain't the "Golden Boy" for nothing...

:hypocritesmiley:

True, ODLH is one of those rare boxers who retire richer than they were and will ever be outside the ring. Kaya nga natawa ako nung me nagsabi na hinulog ni De la Hoya Laban kay Pacquiao. What the hell does he need to do that for? He does not even need to step in the ring to make money. All he has to do is promote good fights, and kaching kaching kaching.

But going back to mannys future, I hope he will stick long enough in boxing even if he does not step on the ring anymore. With his influence, achievements and resources, he can open new doors to other aspiring fighters. But he already is making plans to enter politics. Nothing wrong with that, as long as paghahandaan nya, at di siya tatakbo dahil lang sa kasikatan nya. Afterall he is trying to finish college di ba?

Pero huwag nya muna gawin yan ngayon. He should talk care first of PBF (pretty boy faggot), because the boxing community is already sick of this guys arrogance. Or if gayweather loses to marquez, he should put him out of his misery and end his career.

was actually one of those who "thought" he did.

after all, he did get paid more regardless of the outcome, right?

guess "hinulog" wouldn't be the right term anyway.

he just didn't try as much or take it seriously enough.

it's just an opinion anyway and we don't mean to take anything away from Manny.

<waiting for angry mob>

True, ODLH is one of those rare boxers who retire richer than they were and will ever be outside the ring. Kaya nga natawa ako nung me nagsabi na hinulog ni De la Hoya Laban kay Pacquiao. What the hell does he need to do that for? He does not even need to step in the ring to make money. All he has to do is promote good fights, and kaching kaching kaching.
Edited by gift_of_game
Now, is it possible for NAMCO, owner of the game PACMAN, file a case of copyright infringement against Manny and chop of big money from his winnings? :unsure:

PACMAN Pacquiao-Manny = pacquiao is not using PACMAN when he became a pro boxer...

they can sue him, and they must sue also the commentator who give the alias to pacquiao. hehehehe.

but i doubt if namco will do that because he is using it for a long time now....

so namco can sue someone who put Pacman on their sons birth certificate...?

@mistergold,

if that fight will go for decision at walang bumagsak kahit isa sa kanila wala na dapat kalabanin si pacquiao dun...

Pacquiao = The Destroyer, The Mexecutioner, The Manila Ice, PACMAN, Little Guy from the Philippines.

was actually one of those who "thought" he did.

after all, he did get paid more regardless of the outcome, right?

guess "hinulog" wouldn't be the right term anyway.

he just didn't try as much or take it seriously enough.

it's just an opinion anyway and we don't mean to take anything away from Manny.

<waiting for angry mob>

Oh not to worry no angry mob here. But like you said you are not taking anything away from manny, so all is fine. However I still would like to argue.

True that he earns money either way. But he took on pacquiao instead of big welterweights like margarito or cotto. That fight would have made more sense. He took on pacquiao because he was a good fighter whom he tought was small enough for him to beat. He wanted to win before retiring, allowing himself the humiliation would not benefit him, especially coming from a smaller guy

In fact sabi pa nga di ba di siya nag public appearance after the fight, dahil sa kahihiyan.

But give de la hoya credit, hatton lasted only 2 rounds with pacquiao. De la hoya lasted 8. He admitted that day that he was simply beaten by a better boxer, so lets leave it at that.

@dragonei,

Dela hoya who fought steve forbes didnt KO Forbes and he gets a Unanimous Decision and a beaten face..

forbes is not as good as pacquiao... and he stand at 5'7 1/2... come to think of it that Forbes style is an orthodox fighter and pacquiao is a southpaw and Dela Hoya as always having trouble with a southpaw. and both fighter is smaller than Oscar...

sana sa dinami dami ng blessing nya wag sana lumaki ulo nya tuloy tuloy pa rin dapat ang pag tulong nya sa mga taong nangangailangan kahit naman di sya tumakbo sa congress makakatulong pa rin sya ano kaya sundin ni nya si lito atienza na umiwas na sa politics? tingnan natin

@dragonei,

Dela hoya who fought steve forbes didnt KO Forbes and he gets a Unanimous Decision and a beaten face..

forbes is not as good as pacquiao... and he stand at 5'7 1/2... come to think of it that Forbes style is an orthodox fighter and pacquiao is a southpaw and Dela Hoya as always having trouble with a southpaw. and both fighter is smaller than Oscar...

One can find many ways to analyze De la hoya's defeat against pacquiao. Either he ( de la hoya) was too old, he was washed up, injured, too dehydrated, etc. etc. etc. But one infallible explanation why he lost was because he was simply beaten by a better boxer that day. Yun lang yun, no excuses should be made. Hirap naman kasi prefight, many predicted na di makakaporma si Pacquiao, but he smoked him, people came up with all sorts of excuses for de la hoya.

When Tyson fought Buster Douglas, Tyson was the more accomplished fighter than Douglas. In fact with both fighters retired, Tyson is still the more accomplished fighter. But Douglas was simply better than tyson the day they met in tokyo

Zab Judah Vs. PBF..

PBF wins this fight... but when you watch this again PBF is eating Zab Right hand and Left hand punches. imagine kung suntok ni pacquaio mga yun...

yung nasa pics hindi nila binigay na Knockdown point... nadulas lang according sa ref... hindi pa buo yung right hook pero staggered si Mayweather...

post-5108-1242102100.jpg

post-5108-1242102119.jpg

Minsan, I interviewed a marathoner from Italy who was supposed to win the Philippine International Marathon. His credentials included times a shade under the world record, he simply could not lose to our local boys -- but he did. His answer? He got tired! Lol!

Point lang. Hindi nauubusan ng DAHILAN. Siempre, may reason kung bakit natalo.

Actually, I am GLAD that JMM and PBF are going to go at it, and the winner lined up against PACMAN. Parang hitting 2 birds with 1 stone si PACMAN. I believe that Pacman can beat any of these two. Pag si Floyd ang lumusot, sana gawing handicapped match... isama yung TATAY matapos pulbusin ni Pacman yung anak! Lol!

Guest megalodon
Actually, I am GLAD that JMM and PBF are going to go at it, and the winner lined up against PACMAN. Parang hitting 2 birds with 1 stone si PACMAN. I believe that Pacman can beat any of these two. Pag si Floyd ang lumusot, sana gawing handicapped match... isama yung TATAY matapos pulbusin ni Pacman yung anak! Lol!

Like father, like son. If Mayweather doesn't run around the ring which I expect him to do should he and Pacman fight, he'll end up lying down and falling asleep just like Ricky Hatton.

I believe a Pacquiao VS Mayweather will happen. Its just a matter of time. There is no more reason why this fight should not happen. Unless of course mayweather will go back to retirement after the marquez fight win or loose. There is no other match up right now in the realm of boxing that would make more sense, and make more money than this one. This not just about PPV sales, its about history and it must happen. Its Like Tyson Vs Holyfield. Any other than this what would make more sense considering that

1.) The heavyweight division sucks

2.) There are no other top names in boxing at the moment other than the 2.

3.) Boxing's largest audience-drawing star has already retired

Pacquiao may not YET be at any all time great list. But I have to say its arguable that pacquiao is the greatest south paw in the history of the sport