PacMan's Corner

menime

Madaming version ng story ang lumalabas, ang sabi napirmahan na ang kontrata at nafax na. Iba naman sabi inaantay na lang ifax. Tapos eto naman pupunta si manny sa US para pumirma. tapos me lumabas pa na nagkainuman muna 3 bote ng beer bago nagkapirmahan. Oh well. Wait and see na lang tayo uli

============================================================================

Pacman was on the phone and he confirmed that its a GO ! May 2 sa Las Vegas gagawin. Time of interview: before 12 noon at DZBB, forgot the name of the program. Hinihintay lang niyang dumating si Jinky and off to U.S....kung sakali daw gusto ng Hatton camp sa U.K. magkapirmahan, eh, dun siya pipirma. Pacman called to say the good news. Pero as you said, tama ka, a fight is not yet confirmed if both parties' signatures are on the contract. Pero 99 percent tuloy na.

dami nyang arte siguro narinig nya ung mga criticisms against him ngayun pumayag na sya dahil alam nya wala sya makakalaban na quality boxer this year na malaki pay day

=========================================================================

It was Hatton who agreed sa hatian. Hatton bogged down and, kabalitaran, hindi si Pacman ang bumigay. Mawawalan ng hatak ng pera si Hatton. But the monetary partitioned will be announced na later after the signatures. That is if your "nya" is Pacman

Correction po, di 60-40 hatian nila sa dela hoya fight it was 32-68 favoring de la hoya.

Isa pa after that 2nd Marquez fight, inalok siya ng guaranteed 8 million dollars, pero tumangi siya para labanan si Diaz at di hamak na mas maliit kinita nya doon.

Kung sa lamangan ng PPV subscribers between Pinas and England, syempre lamang si Hatton. Iilan lang ba PPV subscribers sa pinas? Ang kaso di lang naman pinas at england manonood ng laban na ito kundi buong mundo. Sa buong mundo mas me hatak naman si Pacquiao kesa kay hatton, kumpara na lang natin mga last PPV fights ni pacquiao minus de la hoya, and hatton PPV fights minus mayweather, sino mas lamang sa benta?

Alalahanin natin manny overwhelmingly won the polls in espn.com as athlete of the year. Not just boxer of the year kundi athlete of the year.

Just a correction, he is afraid of Marquez because he has more risk of losing to him . Anyway goodthing he came out of his senses and agreed to fight hatton. Better than to fight no one at all and be a crap actor again again and lousy basketball player.

(2nd Update) Pacquiao confirms May 2 face-off with Hatton

abs-cbnNEWS.com | 01/23/2009 11:04 AM

Filipino boxing idol Manny Pacquiao on Friday confirmed that the face-off between him and British champion Ricky Hatton will push through.

Pacquiao confirmed to ABS-CBN correspondent Dyan Castillejo that he had agreed to sign the fight's contract.

Castillejo quoted Pacquiao as saying, “The fight is on!”

She said Pacquiao told her the fight will be held in Las Vegas on May 2.

Castillejo said that Pacquiao had discussed with his promoter, Bob Arum, the "new arrangements" of the fight. The Filipino boxer, however, did not disclose the new terms, but said Arum was happy about it.

A PhilBoxing.com report quoting Rex "Wakee" Salud said Pacquiao had agreed to a 52-48 pay-per-view split in his favor and a $12 million guaranteed purse.

The report said Pacquiao made Salud drink three bottles of beer on Thursday night before agreeing to sign the contract.

The PhilBoxing report said Arum may fly to the Philippines for the official announcement.

On Wednesday, Pacquiao failed to meet the 6 p.m. deadline set by Hatton's camp. Pacquiao reportedly wanted a bigger guarantee purse.

Franklin "Jeng" Gacal, Pacquiao's lawyer, said the decision was not about money, but principle. He said Pacquiao wanted a little respect from Hatton's camp in the negotiating table.

Edited by photographer

^^^

Be that as may, siya ang tumatapak sa ring, so siya ang magdedesiyon kung ano gusto nya mangyari. Kung ayaw niya kalabanin si Marquez for whatever reason eh di huwag. madaming gusto na labanan ni Mayweather si Cotto, pero nagretire siya. Me nagawa ba boxing critics? Wala.

Its manny's career, let him take it down to the abyss if thats what he wants.

Guys, here the latest. Just in now 12 highnoon. Pacquiao will leave na for the US to sign the contract with Hatton for May 2 fight. In an exclusive interview sa DZBB, he did not devulge the hatian pero he said its fair enough na and the fight will pull through. Mark the date: May 2, 2009 (May 3 sa atin). He said he will start training by the end of February. Hintay lang niya si Jinky who will be arriving, together with anak niya, two days from now. TULOY NA TULOY NA!!!

Sabi ko na nga ba hindi din papalampasin ni Manny itong laban na ito eh... alam niya kasing wala na siyang makakalabang matino pag hindi natuloy ito... :lol:

Sabi ko na nga ba hindi din papalampasin ni Manny itong laban na ito eh... alam niya kasing wala na siyang makakalabang matino pag hindi natuloy ito... :lol:

ayus yan!..dapat eh dalasan ni manny ang laban para zero crime rate hehee.... :lol:

anyway...aside from hatton and mayweather...sana eh makaharap din ni manny si antonio margarito

yun yung iniiwasan ni mayweather na makatapat eh hehee... :lol:

kung ako kay manny wag nya tanggapin. ehto nanaman ang nakakatawang diskriminasyon. dahil ba sa asyano at hindi puti si pacman hindi sya pedeng magdemand ng mas malaking pera. masyadong minamaliit ng kampo ni hatton si pacman. dahil lang sa kulay ng balat. pero alam ng lahat na mas indemand si pacman ngaun.

Dapat yata kasing gwapo ni Golden Boy si Pacman para makademand ng mas malaking porsyento sa hatian. :lol:

Edited by howarddeduct

After a heart-to-heart talk with his promoter Bob Arum, boxing superstar Manny Pacquiao finally agreed to face Ricky Hatton in May 2 in Las Vegas.

What made Arum convince Pacquiao to go on and fight the superstar from Manchester is just between the two of them.

“The terms are confidential,” Pacquiao’s Canadian adviser Mike Koncz was quoted as saying.

“It was a heart-to-heart talk between Bob and Manny. And between the two of them they came to terms,” he added.

Golden Boy, which represents Ricky Hatton, was not part of the breakthrough deal between Arum and Pacquiao, who did not speak to each other for more than two weeks.

Pacquiao’s latest offer to Hatton, a 52-48 split of the pay-per-view sales and a guaranteed purse of $13 million or a 55-45 split and a guaranteed purse of $12 million, was turned down.

But insiders believe that Arum may have agreed to give Pacquiao the additional $1 million from the promoter’s own share of the revenue, to go with the 52-48 split.

In short, Pacquiao got what he wanted — $13 million and a 52-48 share.

“And he agreed to sign the contract with his pride intact,” a source said.

“It was earlier reported that Arum said that if it’s the additional money that’s keeping Pacquiao from signing then he (Arum) will get it from his own share,” the source added.

The STAR asked Arum about this arrangement a few days back, and replied by saying, “I don’t want to get into that.”

Pacquiao reportedly stands to earn as much as $20 million for the Hatton fight, much more than what he got for fighting Oscar dela Hoya last December.

Hatton is also in for the biggest paycheck of his career.

Negotiations for the blockbuster fight at 140 pounds came to a screeching halt when Pacquiao started demanding for a 60-40 split despite the fact that Arum had already made an agreement with the Hattons for a 50-50 share.

Then came a compromise offer of 52-48 with $13 million or 55-45 with $12 million.

“The world is looking forward to it, so the fight is on,” Pacquiao said in a radio interview yesterday.

“I have spoken to Bob Arum,” he said.

Arum might fly to Manila in the next few days to officially announce the fight.

The press tour in the U.K., which was scrapped because of the impasse, might be held in the second or third week of February to be preceded or followed by the US tour. Then Pacquiao starts training on March 1 in Los Angeles.

“For the meantime, Pacquiao will stay in Manila,” Koncz said.

“Manny has assured me he’s signed the contract, that he’s announcing to the Philippines press that he’s signed it, and that everything’s done,” Arum told the LA Times.

kasi naman e. dehado naman sya sa hatian nila ni Golden Boy. and now that me bargaining power na si MP, dapat lang na sya naman ang masunod. it's not everyday that you get to earn 13M at dolyares pa. nice move by Arum to take a cut from his earnings to give to MP just to save the fight.

Percentage cut lang naman pinaguusapan dun, but surely this fight will earn a lot of revenue. Kahit pa 40% matangap ni hatton di hamak na mas malaki pa din yun kesa sa mga shares na nakuha nya nung past 2 fights nya na wala naman nanonood. At kahit pa makakuha pa siya ng 80% PPV share kung iba lalabanan nya, mas maliit pa din yun sa 40% na kikitain nya kesa sa laban na ito.

40% of something is always better than 80% or even a 100% of nothing

So all ends well naman. lahat naman sila pare parehong mas kikita ng malaki sa laban na ito. Tsaka tama lang siguro na magbigay si Arum ng share nya. Promoter naman siya eh. Halos buwan buwan naman me mga laban siyang napropromote, ang boxingero marami na yung 3 beses na laban sa isang taon. Promoter lang talaga yumayaman ng permanente. Si Tyson at Holyfield nagkanda hirap hirap na, pero si Don king bilyonaryo pa din hangang ngayon.

kasi naman e. dehado naman sya sa hatian nila ni Golden Boy. and now that me bargaining power na si MP, dapat lang na sya naman ang masunod. it's not everyday that you get to earn 13M at dolyares pa. nice move by Arum to take a cut from his earnings to give to MP just to save the fight.

I really don't trust this Bob Arum guy. I don't know. I just can't put my finger on it. He took a pay cut to save the fight? WHOAH! Yeah right. And the Americans saved us from the Spaniards too. Sheeesh... business is business... But hey, if Manny is happy with the millions he will be getting for this fight, then so be it. But no, don't ever tell me that Bob Arum is such a sports afficionado that he would sacrifice his own dollars just so this fight would happen.

But for now... FIGHT ON! GO MAAAAAAAHHHHHHH--NEEEEEEEE! :thumbsupsmiley:

Well boxers come and go, but promoters last. Sila lang naman ang permanenteng yumayaman sa boxing eh. After Boxing I do not think that Manny will still be as wealthy as he is today. I mean siguro nga di na siya maghihirap (maliban na lang kung gagaya siya kina tyson at holyfield), pero I doubt it kung magiging singyaman pa din siya ngayon after his 50's or 60's. Kasi kahit naman papano hihina na din pasok pera sayo. At least he should be able to keep his mansions, cars, and be able to set his family for life. Tsaka after boxing, bawasan nya na dapat yung bigay dito, bigay dun.

But I could also be wrong. Unless manny turns out to be a full time promoter himself just like what de la hoya did. De la hoya will quit from boxing, but he will still earn his millions just by promoting good fights.

Sana magamit ni Manny yung business degree nya para lumago pa pera nya after boxing

ayus yan!..dapat eh dalasan ni manny ang laban para zero crime rate hehee.... :lol:

anyway...aside from hatton and mayweather...sana eh makaharap din ni manny si antonio margarito

yun yung iniiwasan ni mayweather na makatapat eh hehee... :lol:

I dont think Manny will fight Margarito anytime soon... maybe if he's broke or something like that. i remember reading in some article that Freddie Roach said that they know Manny's limitation and Margarito is too much for him at the moment... :lol:

I dont think Manny will fight Margarito anytime soon... maybe if he's broke or something like that. i remember reading in some article that Freddie Roach said that they know Manny's limitation and Margarito is too much for him at the moment... :lol:

Ewan ko ba kung sino nag-suggest na si Margarito ay posibleng opponent ni Manny. The size difference is just too much! Can Manny beat Margarito? SURE! And I am not kidding. But Manny dictates the terms... they fight at 118 lbs. O ano, kaya ba ni Margarito yun?

Ewan ko ba kung sino nag-suggest na si Margarito ay posibleng opponent ni Manny. The size difference is just too much! Can Manny beat Margarito? SURE! And I am not kidding. But Manny dictates the terms... they fight at 118 lbs. O ano, kaya ba ni Margarito yun?

haha! korek ka dyan. Manny can beat anyone as long as he dictates the terms... so given the premise, he can also beat that 7 footer heavyweight, Valuev, as long as they fight at 147lbs... :upside:

Some says prior to ODLH fight Manny really wants to fight the HITMAN. No wonder Queen Elizabeth ang pinangalan nya sa kanyang huling supling. Manny is really a clever boxer he knows how to get followers. Naming his daughter after a British figure is one clever move. His daughter is now part of British monarchy, am i right QUEEN ELIZABETH PACQUIAO, you are one lucky baby!!

:thumbsupsmiley: :thumbsupsmiley: :thumbsupsmiley:

haha! korek ka dyan. Manny can beat anyone as long as he dictates the terms... so given the premise, he can also beat that 7 footer heavyweight, Valuev, as long as they fight at 147lbs... :upside:

Hehehe... lalo na kung sa loob ng isang drum ang laban! :thumbsupsmiley:

Edited by skitz