PacMan's Corner

menime

The recent bouts of Pacman are fighters who are old or aging or over the hill. Now that Hatton and Mayweather (both Pacman's age group) are signifying that they each want to challenge him, Pacman goes on TV hinting at retirement?

Pacman's actions tell me what I already know. He is a bully of aging boxers trying to get a last hurrah while capitalizing on Philippine nationalism to make himself look good.

Prove me wrong, Pacman. Take on Hatton and/or Mayweather. Lest you be branded a bully of aging boxers.

I'm sorry but I beg to disagree. David Diaz, and Erik Morales are about 2 years older than Pacquiao. Neither of them were over the hill although Manny sure made it look that way. Sure De la Hoya is older but that was a fight predominantly arranged by Oscar and not Manny. That was Oscar trying to get a last hurrah. I don't think Manny is considering retirement because he particularly wants to avoid Hatton or Mayweather. He may just want to preserve his quality of life since he's already wealthy anyway. It is a real possibility that one can get seriously hurt in the ring. Why risk it when you stand to get little considering that he already as more than he'll ever need. It's so easy for armchair analysts to make sweeping statements about being a bully of over the hill boxers when they are comfortably ensconced in their homes and not the ones receiving the punches. Give the guy a little more credit if he decides that he wants to enjoy life a little more.

you have to give MP a break when it comes to his <english> interviews, it's not every day your voice will be heard by millions and millions of people around the world.. baka yung mga tumatawa kay pacman ay maihi sa nerbyos pag sila pinagsalita sa ganung kalaking audience.. :P

Sakto! Di ganun kahirap magsalita sa English sa TELEPONO (call center agents) pero ang magsalita ka ng live na iba ibang international networks (camera, video, mic) ang nakatutok sa mukha mo, ibang usapan na yun. OM nga at director ng call center nabubulol sa meetings and mancom, sa worldwide interview pa kaya?

seriously, you guys think Mayweather still has what it takes to fight a Pacman? how long na ba siya retired? Pacman improved in every aspect of his game and i doubt Money can stand toe-to-toe w/ him. Hitman is like a walking punching bag for Pacman. if he(hitman) cant do anything w/ his footwork then its even easier for Pacman to KO this britboy! i just hope Pacman is still in his best shape when he face these two. (sana din wala pa sa isip niya ang politics by that time...)

I believe Mayweather still has what it takes. He's not undefeated for nothing & last time I saw him, he does appear to be in tip top shape. afterall, he was once the BEST pound for pound boxer in the world.

triple threat gusto mo? :boo:

ampotah! WWE! :upside: nak ng PATO!

The recent bouts of Pacman are fighters who are old or aging or over the hill. Now that Hatton and Mayweather (both Pacman's age group) are signifying that they each want to challenge him, Pacman goes on TV hinting at retirement?

Pacman's actions tell me what I already know. He is a bully of aging boxers trying to get a last hurrah while capitalizing on Philippine nationalism to make himself look good.

Prove me wrong, Pacman. Take on Hatton and/or Mayweather. Lest you be branded a bully of aging boxers.

I disagree as well. As far as I can recall, wala namang tinanggihang challenger si Manny. David Diaz and Erik Morales as mentioned by the poster before me appeared to be a genuine top contenders as well.

Also, it's Manny's trainer/coach's job to look for his opponent & he does not pick who he wants to face. Siguro at this point it's more of the "lack of formidable opponent in his weight class"

Edited by kleptome

besides odlh who else did manny fought that is old?morales 2 yrs older than manny,diaz same age,jmm is older than manny but when they fought his age was not an issue so who else did he fight that is aging..

or are we considering manny old or aging now as he is 30 right now same age as barrera when they first met? at that time did anybody say that barrera is old...they thought barrera will beat the heck out of manny we all know what happened there

when mayweather fought odlh 2007 anybody there said odlh was old nope, oscar fought a good fight and had a split decision going against him....

age is an issue now because manny is so good he makes people really look old...i dont care who he fights next but i think if it is just up to him no arum no toprank no golden boy he will fight hatton and mayweather at the same time he will probably win too :thumbsupsmiley: :thumbsupsmiley:

btw im also hoping manny retire early as i dont want him to end up with a parkinson like syndrome that had striken some boxers

I believe Mayweather still has what it takes. He's not undefeated for nothing & last time I saw him, he does appear to be in tip top shape. afterall, he was once the BEST pound for pound boxer in the world.

Yes. He USED TO BE the best pound for pound boxer in the world pero ganu na siya katagal retired? i mean, he's in tip-top shape but the question is, ganu na siya katagal wlang boxing training? ganu na katagal walang laban? these factors can affect his performance plus the fact that he knows that PacMan is still improving.

Yes. He USED TO BE the best pound for pound boxer in the world pero ganu na siya katagal retired? i mean, he's in tip-top shape but the question is, ganu na siya katagal wlang boxing training? ganu na katagal walang laban? these factors can affect his performance plus the fact that he knows that PacMan is still improving.

ang totoo magaling si mayweather.before exciting sya maglaro. people lost interest to recognize him kasi he start to become lazy, he only fight almost twice a year, he keep on telling that he is the undesputed p4p king. people get mad at him since how come somebody will beat him kung hindi nya inaacept ang challenge. he accept wwe appearance na alam natin na hindi sya matatalo its all because it was a scripted.

today people are looking for a boxing hero, an idol. the one who can represent the boxing world in modern era, i remember one of bert sugar's column. sinabi nya na kung magpapatuloy ang pagiging boastfull ng ilang boxer, it cant help to beat those famous boxers in the top of the rank. while floyd speak how good he is in boxing. the fist of sugar ray robinson, henry armstrong, muhamad ali and roberto duran explain why they called the unforgotten boxing heroes of all time. and still the generation of the new millenium doesnt have any representative in top 10.

1.Sugar Ray Robinson

2. Henry Armstrong

3. Muhammad Ali

4. Joe Louis

5. Roberto Duran

6. Willie Pep

7. Harry Greb

8. Benny Leonard

9. Sugar Ray Leonard

10.Pernell Whitaker

its all because they boxed to have money, not to become a nation's hero. this is the reason why pacman leave a big exclamation point to delahoya. his fist explained very well that he needs to win, and not he just like to win. pacman must remain constant to his aim. to beat this 10 kings of boxing. and he cant beat them by running politics.

if he run for politics, his name will be cursed.

if he fought for a continous war to be on top, his name will automatically enlisted and unforgotten, a name larger than life that even his grand children will carry as a big legacy.

Pacman should just stop being a boxer and instead mag-pari na lang!!! All of his interviews always thank god...thank jesus...jesus is my savior....he gave me the strenght .....when the "stupid" "no self respect" David Diaz called him up and ask him about his performance ang sabi nya he told the mexican moron that "god gave him the strenght" and other bullshit!!! but when a reporter ask the mexican moron about his conversation with Pacquiao, he told the reporter that the pacman told him that he was just lucky.......He should just stop projecting an image of perfection and stop acting as a saint :thumbsdownsmiley:because he is in the company of the devils (GMA, CHAVIT,ATIENZA etc) instead ibili nya na lang ng TV yung tatay nya at sustentihan nya yung anak nya sa labas!!!Pweh!!!!!!!!

Pacman should just stop being a boxer and instead mag-pari na lang!!! All of his interviews always thank god...thank jesus...jesus is my savior....he gave me the strenght .....when the "stupid" "no self respect" David Diaz called him up and ask him about his performance ang sabi nya he told the mexican moron that "god gave him the strenght" and other bullshit!!! but when a reporter ask the mexican moron about his conversation with Pacquiao, he told the reporter that the pacman told him that he was just lucky.......He should just stop projecting an image of perfection and stop acting as a saint :thumbsdownsmiley:because he is in the company of the devils (GMA, CHAVIT,ATIENZA etc) instead ibili nya na lang ng TV yung tatay nya at sustentihan nya yung anak nya sa labas!!!Pweh!!!!!!!!

too much hate here huh. :huh:

parang may kakilala din ako na ganyan hahaha ........... godbles ng godbles eh switik pala ang bwakanang!$$!$!$@@!! :lol:

we love manny in the ring. he is our pride but outside of that its another story. What i observed is that he is starting to change... we knew his gambling habits before, right?

Its better to see the goodness in a person rather than the bad ones... He has done so much for other Filipino boxers. Not just today but the future pinoy boxers.

MTC never ceases to "amuse" me. Pasko na pre....

Lots of intellectual debate and palitan ng kuro kuro sabay isang post tulad ito.... sabog ang thread! :upside:

=============================================================================

He who has no sin cast the first stone.

nothing wrong with Pacman thanking God for all the blessings that come his way. after all, the odds are stacked against pacman before the fight. look at the famous Nike Ad prior to the fight, it even borrowed a line from the Lord's prayer, with pacman kneeling down at the corner of the ring and the ad says, "Give Us This Day". so i guess it was an answered prayer.

Edited by wizard23

Forget about politics for now. Do not use that as an excuse to run from legitimate opponents. There is still 2013 and beyond. Besides, I have no faith in your political ambitions since there was attempt on your part to evade taxes by grossly underdeclaring the value of the Porsche SUV you bought in the States and bringing it in the country. And a politician who owns a relatively new strip joint and massage parlor is not something I would vote for. But of course, the people of Saranggani are ignorant of these facts. And running in General Santos City is no longer an option since losing in 2007.

so according sa mga na bulalas mo is dat, manny is matanda na kasi nasa edad 30 na sya.............na pag tinalo sya ng mas bata is pwede nyang maging scapegoat at sabihin na matanda na sya kaya sya tinalo ng bata......nasa determinasyon yan mag sumikap tol..................i beg to disagree na matanda na si el terible barera malakas lang talaga si pacman.........manny has to prove na his worth the shot........yung pagkakataon na binigay sa kanya ay di nya sinayang....... na pwede at may karapatan sya na labanan ang mga hari ng boxing ring....... pare sabi nga nila oppurtunity knocks once in a lifetime........ so pacman cease the moment pare.........and dont worry on your wish pare since pera pera ang labanan ngayon sa boxing lalabanan yan ni manny si ricky at pbf..........at naniniwala ako na manny will dismantle hatton not the other way around........ unlike sa sinabi mayweahter sr na sabog ata sa jutes nung ininterview at wala nanaman sa ulirat sa mga pinagsasabi..........

ang masasabi ko lang is mejo personal yan tol wag ganun........we are talking about manny as a boxer na nasa loob ng ring at not off the ring..............merry christmas na lang............... malay natin nagbabasa pala si pacman ng thread na ito bigyan tau ng gift kahit man lang psp na 2nd hand di ba why not.............joke lang

may pesonal na galit bo? hehehe ika nga ni pacman. " You Know...."

nothing wrong with Pacman thanking God for all the blessings that come his way. after all, the odds are stacked against pacman before the fight. look at the famous Nike Ad prior to the fight, it even borrowed a line from the Lord's prayer, with pacman kneeling down at the corner of the ring and the ad says, "Give Us This Day". so i guess it was an answered prayer.

At sa pagtakbo niya sa 2010, "Forgive him, he doesn't know what he's doing." :lol:

praying and thanking God doesnt mean one has to be perfect, saintly and clean. Mannny is just like any of us, nagkakamali, gumagawa ng kasalanan, sumasablay sa buhay. the only difference eh sikat sya. But i rather see him that way, na mapagkumbaba at di nalilimutang magdasal para magpasalamat, instead of being another airhead like mayweather or any other boxer na pag nanalo akala mo kung umasta eh conquering hero. Manny is different from anyone else. But i should agree maraming mga demonyong linta na kumakapit sa kanya.

At sa pagtakbo niya sa 2010, "Forgive him, he doesn't know what he's doing." :lol:

dapat me nike ad uli sa 2010, with pacman kneeling again. this time saying, "Lead me not into temptation but deliver me from evil". nasa background ang mga evil gaya ni chavit, arroyo, atienza at mga tonggressman na sumasama sa kanya sa vegas.

praying and thanking God doesnt mean one has to be perfect, saintly and clean. Mannny is just like any of us, nagkakamali, gumagawa ng kasalanan, sumasablay sa buhay. the only difference eh sikat sya. But i rather see him that way, na mapagkumbaba at di nalilimutang magdasal para magpasalamat, instead of being another airhead like mayweather or any other boxer na pag nanalo akala mo kung umasta eh conquering hero. Manny is different from anyone else. But i should agree maraming mga demonyong linta na kumakapit sa kanya.

true. manny is not perfect but he is humble and gracious to be grateful to God for all his achievements and successes in life.

and very true na maraming demonyong linta pumapaligid sa kanya. lol. no. 1 si chavit! kapalmuks. wala namang kinalaman sa boxing ang kumag na ito. sa tingin ko, malakas ang participation nito sa betting game everytime lumalaban si pacman.

Edited by wizard23

so how does this manny pacquiao victory really means to us, aside from entertainment? national pride man! Im working in an international company dealing with a lot of international offices. lot of email exchanges with malaysians, vietnamese, chinese, japanese, europeans, australians and americans. They all rave about manny's victory but my usual reply is " Manny is more than just a Filipino sensation, He represents the powerful fists of the east. He's the new face of Asian supremacy. Give us your trust, give us a major project, place us in the bigger role and we will definitely deliver, even at par with our white counterparts. Manny is just a typical poor boy from a remote province, cant afford his education, making a living as a bakery staff, but was given a chance to hone his skills and handled well by a brillliant trainer, and what we got is one of the greatest the sport had ever produced. Right now, were being assigned to a lot of major jobs from our different international offices definitely not because of Pacquiao but partly by setting his achievements as a fine example of how good we can be in any other areas. The look in the eyes of my expat bosses while we watch Manny crushed the face of the West and their utter disbelief is priceless.

manny did his part as a boxer,..we should be proud,he's showing the world how courageous we are noypi's,..in regard with his personal battle,i think we should let him handle it on his own,...we don't have any right to judge him,..before when he used to sell pandesal do you know him?,do you care?,..all of a sudden he's winning and raking millions, some of us are starting to hate him,...what the f**k?,..weehihihi

"don't tell God you have a great problem. tell your problem you have a great God."

magsimba ka kase, pre. how many champions, who after putting an enemy on his knees, will go to a corner and bend his knees in prayer of thanksgiving? is that a show, too? do you feel he is insulting his God? do you think God is insulted by it? i don't think so.

If Manny Pacquiao spoke straight normal English, he would be the dullest and most unexciting interviewee for a sports reporter. He basically says the same thing over and over again for about 10 fights now, and most of the time, he does not even understand the questions posed to him. (See Larry Merchant's interview of Pacquiao on the ring right after the fight with ODLH.)

wat da pak is the matter with u man.!!!i know ur one of those guy who holds the distinction of eating too much crustacean!!!

better be a OBAMA fan coz their motto is simply....CHANGE!!!