PacMan's Corner

menime

Am still not convince!!! I still think that the fight was a sham!!!Dela Hoya allowed himself to be beaten into a pulp for more money....He will still be the promoter for Hatton in his next 2 fights and allowing pacquiao to win will also add hype to the Haton-Pacquaio fight..What a disgrace!!!

Man, I just do not see how someone like Oscar would benefit from loosing the fight.

1.) He has more money than manny has. He is the highest paid boxer of all time and a successful promoter. Why would he risk embarassing himself like that to make a quick buck. Actually he does not need to be on the ring to make money, all he has to do is promote good fights.

2.) Even if pacquiao lost the match, I do not think the hype about pacquiao-hatton woould change. People want to see that match. And as soon as there is a demand for such fights, win or loose, it will still generate income

3.) Its easy to criticize if you are watching the fight from your TV set. When you are not the one who has to dehydrate your body to make wieght at the age of 35. When you are not the one taking punches so hard that you can barely open your left eye, and you are fighting a left handed opponent. When you are in front of an opponent that has blazing speed you can't even figure out which hand his gona hit you with. When your game plan is all wrong, if all that does not frustrate you enough for your corner to stop the fight, I do not know what will.

Man, I just do not see how someone like Oscar would benefit from loosing the fight.

1.) He has more money than manny has. He is the highest paid boxer of all time and a successful promoter. Why would he risk embarassing himself like that to make a quick buck. Actually he does not need to be on the ring to make money, all he has to do is promote good fights.

2.) Even if pacquiao lost the match, I do not think the hype about pacquiao-hatton woould change. People want to see that match. And as soon as there is a demand for such fights, win or loose, it will still generate income

3.) Its easy to criticize if you are watching the fight from your TV set. When you are not the one who has to dehydrate your body to make wieght at the age of 35. When you are not the one taking punches so hard that you can barely open your left eye, and you are fighting a left handed opponent. When you are in front of an opponent that has blazing speed you can't even figure out which hand his gona hit you with. When your game plan is all wrong, if all that does not frustrate you enough for your corner to stop the fight, I do not know what will.

indeed brother... Dela Hoya is one of the most successful boxer in his prime and losing to a fighter that is 2 div. lighter than him would change his legacy. Money is not a factor in this said fight for Dela Hoya since he's the one who giveway to a 65-35 split that is supposed to be just 20-80. If he wants money like most of the guys here said, then i think he'll just promote fights in that case, his credibility as a good fighter will remain while eraning tremendous amount of money.

pag nangyari eto mga sinaryo, o lalabas na comments:

1. if natuloy, sigurado bugog si pacquiao kay mayweather

2. mananalo si pacquiao kasi laos na si mayweather at walang practice

3. mananalo si pacquiao at sasabihin luto

4. talo si pacquiao, kapal kasi ng mukha pera lang ang hinabol

:D

basta ako manonood, masaya ako na napanood ko ang isang pacquiao sa era ko.

wow! one week later and still the talk of the town. im amazed how people still cant accept the fact that manny won. Crab Mentality is still very much alive in the Philippines. I suggest you watch the fight again so you could just see how good manny is and how helpless DLH was. Surely, you cant blame him for his success because he worked hard for it and he risks his life in every fight. Its really sad that its only here in the Phils. where there is talk of any foulplay to think na wala namang pumusta dito sa las vegas. Haay, such is life!

Anyway, the next fight is definitely against Hatton and then followed by Money Mayweather. These are the most marketable opponents for him although personally i want to see him fight Valero because it is sure to end in a knockout.

if you have real knowledge in boxing then you will know why oscar seldom throw punches. boxers natural instinct when taking rellentless punches is to be at defensive stance or else he will be knocked out. watch the fight again closely and you will see how hard oscar had been taking mannys power punches. there are 3 occassions when he's about to fall. did you ever noticed how oscar gets hitted everytime he tries to brawl manny? i think its not fair to say that the fight was fixed or oscar lets himself be beaten for money. manny is the better fighter with superb and really excellent fighting techniques. he is by far and proven the best boxer of this era. kudos to pacman. im so honored and proud to be mannys kababayan. mabuhay pilipinas!!

indeed. how can you throw punches kung yung kalaban mo is aggressive like pacman... and hindi style ni Dela Hoya yung sugod lng ng sugod.

indeed. how can you throw punches kung yung kalaban mo is aggressive like pacman... and hindi style ni Dela Hoya yung sugod lng ng sugod.

Most people don't give much importance to the fact that Manny took his blistering speed and added more power to his punches kaya di makasuntok si Dela Hoya. If Dela Hoya wasn't hurt with Pacquiao's lead left, he would've countered, just like he did when caught with Mayweather's shot in their last bout. A fighter cannot simply counter or box when hurt. So, it's unfair to say that it was fixed. We must all remember that Pacquiao basically moved up 3 weight divisions to fight Dela Hoya and is expected to not even hurt a man who fought as high as middelweight. Alot of people are now eating crow for choosing Dela Hoya. Hehehe.

Haynaku... to the doubters, did you even watch the Pacman vs. Barrera fight 1?

Pacman had no chance (according to the experts). MAB was a living legend. But Pacman totally outclassed the fool. Everytime MAB tried to punch Pacman, he ate leather instead. So dominating was Pacman that his corner had to save Barera from further humiliation. And remember, this was the PEAK of MAB's career. Pacman was just an up and coming fighter who lost his championship because he couldn't make weight.

So what was so surprising about duplicating that feat against an over-the-hill ODLH?

Most people don't give much importance to the fact that Manny took his blistering speed and added more power to his punches kaya di makasuntok si Dela Hoya. If Dela Hoya wasn't hurt with Pacquiao's lead left, he would've countered, just like he did when caught with Mayweather's shot in their last bout. A fighter cannot simply counter or box when hurt. So, it's unfair to say that it was fixed. We must all remember that Pacquiao basically moved up 3 weight divisions to fight Dela Hoya and is expected to not even hurt a man who fought as high as middelweight. Alot of people are now eating crow for choosing Dela Hoya. Hehehe.

some people just can't face the truth that PacMan won. It's as simple as that. Maybe there are some factors on how Dela Hoya can't even throw punches but one thing's for sure... He was hurt by that left hook by PacMan.

Sa mga nagdududa sa laban. Matanong ko kayo, kayo ba nakatangap na ng malutong na suntok sa panga o sa baba? Yung sobrang lakas mayayanig buong mundo mo. Mauntog nga lang ulo mo, eh nakakakita ka na ng mga bituin sa at sigurado disoriented ka na din.

Any person with a lil experience with away kalye will tell you the same. Pag naramdamam mo masakit sumuntok kalaban matatakot ka na magretaliate. Kasi syempre alam mo that your opponent could hurt you bad. Idagdag mo pa na yung kalaban mo ay di mo matamaan kasi ang likot, kaya di mo alam pano ka susuntok.

Watch the trevor berbick tyson fight. Nung unang round sugod ng sugod si berbick. But after a few hooks to the body and the head, he was hurt so bad, he could no longer brawl tyson. All he wanted to do was defend himself from the onslought.

Ayaw nyo maniwala pa din? Ok ganito gawin nyo. Go head on collision with a solid wall. Be sure that you bull rush the wall with your head forward. Now after that kung alam mo pa din axis of gravity mo, kung kaya mo pa din sumuntok singlakas nung bago ka tamaan, kahit ikaw mapapatumba mo na si Dela Hoya

delahoya is far better than any boxer na natalo ni pacman. kasi karamihan bumabaligtad sa lakas ng suntok. hindi nangyari un. un nga lang sumara ang kaliwang mata nya.

similarities and differences of delahoya and diaz after pacquiao match

diaz: i can see him, but he is just f*ckin fast

delahoya: i cant see him anymore, my eyes almost close its all because he is fast. :upside:

Edited by uaeboy25
Amen to that. And besides, he still have quite alot left in the tank for more memorable wins.

he said in his interview that he's still fighting the BEST... maybe 3-4 more fights before he retire and enter another chapter of his life... he also mentioned that by the time 2010 will come, he's already retired so it'll NOT affect his training... BUT somewhat i doubt it... remember when he first run for congress? he trained for roughly 2 mons so does he really think it wont affect his training and decision making? i highly doubt it!

Manny should stick to what he does best and leave politics alone.

kita ko nga sa news pati yung paring nagbigay nang homily eh sinusubukan baguhin ang isip ni manny dedma naman si manny...oh well manny got my support everytime he steps on the boxing ring,pero pag pulitika na ibang uspan na yan,i know hindi ko pera ang ginagastos nya ngayon and kung ang gagawin nyang management nang bayan eh katulad nang ginagawa nya sa pera nya ngayon are you kidding me baka kala nya hindi nauubos ang pera...madasalin tao si manny pero tingin ko di makikinig sa pari to eh

The recent bouts of Pacman are fighters who are old or aging or over the hill. Now that Hatton and Mayweather (both Pacman's age group) are signifying that they each want to challenge him, Pacman goes on TV hinting at retirement?

Pacman's actions tell me what I already know. He is a bully of aging boxers trying to get a last hurrah while capitalizing on Philippine nationalism to make himself look good.

Prove me wrong, Pacman. Take on Hatton and/or Mayweather. Lest you be branded a bully of aging boxers.

Forget about politics for now. Do not use that as an excuse to run from legitimate opponents. There is still 2013 and beyond. Besides, I have no faith in your political ambitions since there was attempt on your part to evade taxes by grossly underdeclaring the value of the Porsche SUV you bought in the States and bringing it in the country. And a politician who owns a relatively new strip joint and massage parlor is not something I would vote for. But of course, the people of Saranggani are ignorant of these facts. And running in General Santos City is no longer an option since losing in 2007.

BERT SUGAR'S POST-FIGHT BREAKDOWN

December 9, 2008 - by Bert Sugar

In the strangest case of free association since Professor Rohrshack toppled over his inkwell, those bargain-basement guess-your-weight merchants in the writing dodge had worn down their pencils to the nubs calling the Oscar De La Hoya-Manny Pacquiao fight a "sham" and a "fraud." In their Delphic opinions this was the biggest mismatch since little David challenged the giant Goliath. How could a fighter who had started as a 106-pound junior flyweight and fought only once as a lightweight now jump up to the welterweight level and fight a man who had been fighting as a middleweight and junior middleweight, giving away height, weight, and reach? To them it was more than a leap of weight, it was a leap of faith.

For particulars on both matches we refer you to A. Lincoln's sonnet on "Fooling all the people..." For what they had done was examine the bottle, not its contents and the value of the package called Manny Pacquiao far exceeded its contents.

From the git-go "little" Manny--who, ironically, weighed more that the supposedly "bigger" Oscar, coming into the ring weighing 148 to Oscar's 147-plus--fought in total control of himself and of Oscar, threading the needle's eye with his straight left and moving out of arms and harm's way of Oscar's jab. By the second round, now more than moderately belligerent, Manny had set off the parameters of the ring, keeping the fight in the center of the ring where he could outmaneuver Oscar, frescoing him with straight lefts and an equal number of rights rather than merely lacing him gingerly.

As the fight wore on, so too did Manny's unceasing attack as he continued to shift De La Hoya's center of gravity with body punches coming from all angles. If you were keeping score, you could have written "ditto" after every round--which, not incidentally, the three judges did, the three giving Pacquiao every round except one of three giving Oscar the first. It had become a blowout, complimentary and alimentary as many of Oscar's fans and those in the press section began to wonder if their faith in Gibraltar had been misplaced.

By the seventh it was all Pacquiao as he drove De La Hoya to the ropes and, with Oscar bivouacked there, brutalized him, folding him into three like a carpenter's rule with body shots sounding like surf striking shore and forcing De La Hoya to grab the ropes to keep himself up.

Defenseless, offenseless and just plain ol' fence-less, the sand in his hourglass now quickly flowing to the bottom, De La Hoya wearily made it to his feet for the eighth round almost as if he had to just because he had paid two weeks' rent on the ring. But it was only to prolong the agony as Pacquiao continued to land a tsunami of punches, first lefts and then last rites, now a human litter bearer.

At the end of the eighth, as a beaten De La Hoya sat slumped on his stool, his left eye wearing a giant plum of a welt, his shoulders slumped, his face bearing a look of resignation and a did-you-get-the-license-plate-of-that-truck-that-just-ran-over me? his trainer Nacho Beristain had enough even if Oscar hadn't and waved it off.

Manny Pacquiao had done it! He had not only pulled off an upset that few had foreseen, but done it in a manner unforeseen by any. And, in the process, had placed his name in the record books alongside that of Henry Armstrong, the original copyright holder of leap-frogging from division-to-division to win multiple championships along the way. No tonic, no matter how well advertised, has the invigorating effect on the boxing public as a new superstar. And Manny Pacquiao is now that new superstar, despite those before-the-fight prophesies by foreboding soothsayers who now can go back to just saying "sooth.".