PacMan's Corner

menime

hmmm pacman is at his best right now... kung sino sinong big names na mexican ang nilalabanan nya sa ibang weight class.. its bcoz sa weight class nya talaga wala na gsto lumaban sa kanya... since kelangan ng pera labanan na kung sino gsto lumaban...

anyway back to de la hoya and pacman... kung inde masasaktan si pacman sa mga suntok ni dela hoya most likely panalo c pacman...

Pacquiao-Mayweather anyone? Hmmmmmm Pound for Pound against Pound for pound! Now thats a dream match

For this fight to happen, Manny MUST BEAT DELA HOYA. Remember, Floyd destroyed the Golden One. There is no reason for him to come out of retirement to beat the person who was beaten by fighter he has already beaten.

For this fight to happen, Manny MUST BEAT DELA HOYA. Remember, Floyd destroyed the Golden One. There is no reason for him to come out of retirement to beat the person who was beaten by fighter he has already beaten.

Oh there is a good chance that he will. Actually, its the golden boy who will have difficulty with making the weight. He is a natural light middle weight, at malayo layo rin ibababa nya. Logically its always easier to go upweight than down. Mas dehydrated si goldenboy pagdating ng weigh in kesa kay Manny.

Although, manny needs to develop defensive techniques for this match.

As for Floyd Mayweather? I never took his retirement seriously. I mean come on, he is 30 years old. What the hell is he going to do? Be the host for dancing with the stars? if there is enough clamor, if the money is right, Im sure he would be itching to put on those gloves once again.

I also would have wanted a valero-pacquiao match. I mean this guy is just bad ass, he deserves a piece of manny

dela hoya yan.. mas malaki katawan, mabigat at experinced si dela hoya.. pumasok c manny sa weight division ni oscar..mahirap yan..pero the good thing is hndi title fight eto..its just a promotional fight..kaya nga dream match eh.. pero kung matalo nmn c manny ay ok lng kc no title is involved at pwde nmn nya cbhin or cbihin ng tao na malaki lng kc kalaban nya eh kaya talo...hehehe

Oh there is a good chance that he will. Actually, its the golden boy who will have difficulty with making the weight. He is a natural light middle weight, at malayo layo rin ibababa nya. Logically its always easier to go upweight than down. Mas dehydrated si goldenboy pagdating ng weigh in kesa kay Manny.

And this MEGA-BLOCKBUSTER fight is the one reason why dela Hoya will LOSE... if it comes down to a decision. The Golden Boy needs to win by knock-out, or he will lose. There is no interest in a Mayweather vs. Dela Hoya part 2.

Madali umakyat ng timbang mas mahirap magpababa.

Kasi para habulin mo timbang ilang araw ka ding di kakain. Tapos pag dating pa ng weigh in, dehydrated ka pa ng sobra.

I don't think golden boy has what it takes to knocl manny out. Especially na ang layo ng timbang na kelangan niya ibaba. Best he could do is win the decision.

Malayo pa siguro yung Mayweather-Pacquiao fight. But who knows, we never thought manny would go toe to toe with the golden boy.

After golden boy, sana labanan nya muna si Edwin Valero. This guy really deserves a shot at manny. He is one of the most underrated boxers out there today

valero can only fight in texas, don't think he's been cleared by NSAC or the CSAC, and I don't think Manny will fight in Texas anytime soon (it really depends on mgt.)

if manny wins, the logical fight with the next big payday will be Manny vs. Hatton (which is what should have happened before Manny X Dela Hoya)

----

it'll be a close one

for sure but here's the thing

ODLH is a great boxer for sure, but he's old now, and no matter what he says that he's getting better, he's stronger, there's no escaping the fact that he's no longer the fighter he once was. He'll gas in the later rounds for sure.

Now Manny is all fire and brimstone, but still there's the reach and weight advantage to contend with. *Note: it may not be true that ODLH will come into the fight frail and dehydrated, that only happens when you don't know how to cut weight properly, and considering that this fight has been in the making for a while, I'm sure that ODLH is cutting correctly and will be able to avoid coming in dehydrated come fight night. ODLH will weigh in at 147 at the the weigh ins, but he'll come to fight probably closer to 160 than 150. Manny will come in at that fight at around 150 152. And fight logic states that in a bout between 2 fighters at the same skill level, the natural advantage goes to the bigger man. I don't know what kind of game plan Roach has cooked up for Manny to contend with the weight issue, but I'm assuming he's leaning on Manny's speed and heavier jabs/body punches to tire out ODLH and prep him for a KO at around rd. 8 or 9.

another thing to remind manny is that ODLH still has that puncher's chance of knocking him out. Oscar has heavy hands as well and is actually heavier than pacquiao, when he hits manny it may be the hardest punch manny has ever received. Manny has 1 punch KO power as well, but Oscar is a really technical boxer, he might be able to find a way to void the flash KO.

now given all these, I'm leaning towards Manny because of his superior heart.

Manny fights to win, even if he's banged up our boy will still fight with everything that his 5'3 frame will give him. I haven't seen that kind of fire in Oscar in a long while now. When the going gets tough ODLH doesn't fight to turn the tide and eke out the W, he fights to avoid the loss. Fighting to win and fighting not to lose are two very different things, and I'd much prefer to have the former than the latter.

^ correction. Manny is 5'6 vs a 5'10" DLH.

anyway, another thing going for manny is that DLH has been below the required weight of 147lbs. already. it has been said that ideally, the boxer should cut his weight down 2 days before the weigh in so he will not tire easily. as it is, DLH has long been underweight for this fight so his condition come fight time would be shaky given his drastic weight reduction.

i'll still pick manny to win here. hoping it would be KO. that will really serve notice to Hatton.

anyway, another thing going for manny is that DLH has been below the required weight of 147lbs. already. it has been said that ideally, the boxer should cut his weight down 2 days before the weigh in so he will not tire easily. as it is, DLH has long been underweight for this fight so his condition come fight time would be shaky given his drastic weight reduction.

There has been reports that Oscar is not 145 at the moment but 155lbs. Masyado yatang maramin laro na nilalaro dito :rolleyes:

Sensing Oscar De La Hoya has been starving himself in training camp to make weight, even admitting that he would have to forego Thanksgiving dinner, Team Pacquiao has decided to make it a little harder for the Golden Boy. They have arranged for an 11.25-pound, 12-inch chocolate cheesecake from the world-famous Carnegie Deli in New York City to be delivered to Oscar today at Summit Camp in Big Bear Lake, Calif., where he is training. The following message is included: "Oscar -- Looking forward to serving you your just desserts on December 6. Happy Thanksgiving. From Team Pacquiao." De La Hoya has been claiming he's been walking around at 145 pounds (curiously the recent segment of "24/7" showed him weighing 155 pounds), as he prepares for his welterweight super fight against the Pacman.

Edited by jerzz

Mukhang marami ng opportunity dito for pacman. Sana naman huwag na siya buyuin pumasok nanaman sa pulitika

If he will decide to stay at welterweight madami siyang magagaling na pwede kalabanin. If not Hatton he can also go for Cotto or Margarito. And a huge possibility that Mayweather might put on the gloves again.

Hay naku, huwag na sana niya pilitin pumasok sa pulitika uli. Kung saan gagamitin lang siya, lalaitin pa, nanakawan pa ng campaign manager. Higit sa lahat mapapahiya lang pag natalo nanaman uli.

At least so boxing siya ang hari. He has so much opportunity to become an even bigger fighter than tyson, and mayweather were. At kung matalo man siya? So what siya pa rin ang hari ng lightweight division. Higit sa lahat madami na siyang nagawa at wala ng kelangan patunayan.

There has been reports that Oscar is not 145 at the moment but 155lbs. Masyado yatang maramin laro na nilalaro dito :rolleyes:

Sensing Oscar De La Hoya has been starving himself in training camp to make weight, even admitting that he would have to forego Thanksgiving dinner, Team Pacquiao has decided to make it a little harder for the Golden Boy. They have arranged for an 11.25-pound, 12-inch chocolate cheesecake from the world-famous Carnegie Deli in New York City to be delivered to Oscar today at Summit Camp in Big Bear Lake, Calif., where he is training. The following message is included: "Oscar -- Looking forward to serving you your just desserts on December 6. Happy Thanksgiving. From Team Pacquiao." De La Hoya has been claiming he's been walking around at 145 pounds (curiously the recent segment of "24/7" showed him weighing 155 pounds), as he prepares for his welterweight super fight against the Pacman.

if this were true, then ODLH is just employing psy-war against Manny so that come fight time, Manny will be made to believe that ODLH is "weak" so Manny will be overconfident...

If he will decide to stay at welterweight madami siyang magagaling na pwede kalabanin. If not Hatton he can also go for Cotto or Margarito. And a huge possibility that Mayweather might put on the gloves again.

i would be feasible for him to fight hatton or miguel cotto after ODLH. but to fight antonio margarito would be tough!.. margarito is what 6 ft?... a much taller opponet again...