PacMan's Corner

menime

Does anyone know whether the agreed weight for the fight is the weight on fight day?

I hope it is. Otherwise, delikado si Manny. DLH can gain back anywhere from 10 pounds upwards.

Anyway, what's with DLH fighting undersized fighters?

Floyd Mayweather 5'8

Steve Forbes - 5'7

Pacman 5'6

Who's next? Arce 5'5, then Israel Vazquez 5'4 and Calderon 5'3?! WTF?!

Does anyone know whether the agreed weight for the fight is the weight on fight day?

I hope it is. Otherwise, delikado si Manny. DLH can gain back anywhere from 10 pounds upwards.

Anyway, what's with DLH fighting undersized fighters?

Floyd Mayweather 5'8

Steve Forbes - 5'7

Pacman 5'6

Who's next? Arce 5'5, then Israel Vazquez 5'4 and Calderon 5'3?! WTF?!

Boxing is not WWE. You can fight someone bigger or smaller than you as long as you are of the same weight (except for heavyweights).

Not because he's fighting someone smaller than him makes him less of a fighter... Dela Hoya has proven his greatness and is still considered one of the best in the world for more than a decade now. So, even if he fights a midget, his place in boxing will be a bit higher than anybody else... Saka lumaban na rin naman sya sa mas malalaki sa kanya...

Pacman can go below 147lbs thats the limit on the Weight IN day. Not required to reach the 147lbs limit

Golden Boy required only 147lbs above means forfeitted match, Oscar will pay PACMAN big BUCKS!!!

it not a forfeitted match if DLH goes overboard in weight. He would be paying $750K for every excess pound during the weigh - in.

Pacman can go below 147lbs thats the limit on the Weight IN day. Not required to reach the 147lbs limit

Golden Boy required only 147lbs above means forfeitted match, Oscar will pay PACMAN big BUCKS!!!

DLH's last fight with Forbes was at 150 lbs. Prior to that, he fought at 154 lbs (against FMJ) and 160 lbs. (vs. BHop). I read somewhere that DLH is now walking around at 149 lbs. If this is true, he can readily make 147 lbs by December.

Anyway, if the agreement is to weigh 147 lbs on weigh-in day, DLH will have an additional 24 hours to pack upwards of 10 lbs so that by fight night, it should not be surprising if he comes in at least 157 lbs. Not so good news for our Pacman.

I still think that Pacman's camp should have agreed to a 147 lb catch weight on fight night.

There is a minimum required weight, at least. Im not sure kung 144 or 143 lbs., pero kung mababa pa ang timbang ni Pacquiao dun, hindi pwede yun. Thats the way it is in boxing (pati yata sa MMA ganun din).

Matutuloy din pala yung pustahan, heheheh!

great... so here's the proposed deal...

since my take is that it will be a close fight and your take is that its gonna be a circus since it will be a huge mismatch in favor of oscar, the deal will be be whether it will be a close fight or not... if oscar knocks out pacman before the 10th round and leads the judges scorecard by at least 5 points each, you win... other than that i win, because it only means that oscar failed to dominate pacquiao...

now, you can decide on what are at stake....

i have always won all my bets placed in favor of manny pacquiao, even to the extent of giving odds like 3:1. but this time my money is on DLH. eventhough DLH is at the twighlight of his career, i still believe that a good bigger man will win against a superb little man.

now, my take on this fight. roach is an intelligent trainer, so, as a result, this will become a boring fight. there is no way in hell that MP can knock-out DLH, so as a result? MP will dance the way sugar ray leonard danced against marvin hagler. this is an intelligent decision for manny, because the money he will earn from this fight can never be equalled by fighting any 3 prospepective opponents bandied in any newspaper. if he wins, he can retire and gun for a senate seat and i believe, to my profoundest regret and disappointment, that he will win that supposed to be coveted seat. on the other hand, his stature in boxing will never be diminished even if he loses the fight; he can give a lot of VALID EXCUSES, I.E. the increase in his fighting weight is so drastic. he is fighting a much much bigger opponent, etc, etc. of course i would eagerly watch this fight, but deep in my heart i know that this will not be a slambang, no holds barred affair; this a a fight designed to whet our appetites, but offers just a view or rather a lesson on how to dance the night away in a $100M match up. swerte mo money, este, manny pala, ang gagaling ng adviser mo, mapwera na lang yung nagpatakbo sa iyo last election.

There is a minimum required weight, at least. Im not sure kung 144 or 143 lbs., pero kung mababa pa ang timbang ni Pacquiao dun, hindi pwede yun. Thats the way it is in boxing (pati yata sa MMA ganun din).

Generally, there is none. The exception is of course where the boxers agreed to come in at a minimum weight.

I agree with romulo137. We already saw a preview of the boxer in Pacquiao when he fought David Diaz.

Anyway, I think this is a business transaction (in the same way as DLH-Hopkins or DLH-Forbes) and not a fight that will cement the legacy of DLH or a fight that will catapult Pacman to the level of Muhammad Ali or Sugar Ray Robinson in boxing history.

I am not so hot on this fight (although I will watch it of course). I would rather watch Pacman fight Juan Diaz or Campbell or even JMM, all legitimate 135 pounders who lay claim to being the best in their weight class. After all, the question of who is the best 135 pound fighter remains unsettled.

DLH's last fight with Forbes was at 150 lbs. Prior to that, he fought at 154 lbs (against FMJ) and 160 lbs. (vs. BHop). I read somewhere that DLH is now walking around at 149 lbs. If this is true, he can readily make 147 lbs by December.

Anyway, if the agreement is to weigh 147 lbs on weigh-in day, DLH will have an additional 24 hours to pack upwards of 10 lbs so that by fight night, it should not be surprising if he comes in at least 157 lbs. Not so good news for our Pacman.

I still think that Pacman's camp should have agreed to a 147 lb catch weight on fight night.

I read somewhere that the weigh-in will be on the same day, a couple of hours before the fight. I still think ODLH can brutally knock out Pac. I can still remember his fight with Mayorga, that was a devastating knock out punch.

Im just hoping that is not a pre-arranged fight...a scripted one like Oscar losing so that pacman will get another boost in terms of pay per view and then fight another dela hoya fighter for more moolah or a rematch to fool the boxing fans again!!! My wish though is for Oscar to have some semblance of decency for himself being a former great champion and beat the hell of Manny Pacquiao......beat him bad that he will never get to enjoy his $15M :thumbsupsmiley: