PacMan's Corner

menime

THE BIG DIFFERENCE ????? ( FREAK SHOW )

height 5′ 10½″ 5′ 6½″ = 4" HALOS ISANG ULO NA ITO

reach 73" 67“ = 6" KALAHATING RULER

PACMAN WILL BE DEVASTATED.....ALL FOR THE LOVE OF MONEY ......MONEY PACMAN KA TALAGA !!!!

Not so strange territory for Pacman. He had an easy time with Solis who was 5'8 1/2" and had a reach of 70".

And I don't think Pacman is 5'6 1/2". He's somewhere between 5'5" and 5'6".

Kung ikaw ang bibigyan ng pagkakataon ng magkaroon ng $20M or P900M for 36 minutes of work (12 rounds) hindi mo ba susunggaban? :rolleyes:

hindi naman ikahihirap ni pacman kung di niya kalabanin si ODLH...but because of money...he might even be knockout ......which would tarnish his name and reputation..kahit na mas malaki pa siya ....parang nagpa gulpi siya tapos nagpa bayad lang....remember he is our national pride....

Edited by George Bush
hindi naman ikahihirap ni pacman kung di niya kalabanin si ODLH...but because of money...he might even be knockout ......which would tarnish his name and reputation..kahit na mas malaki pa siya ....parang nagpa gulpi siya tapos nagpa bayad lang....remember he is our national pride....

If the fight push trough, you are right it is going to be a freak show.

The infuriating part is that Pac will just do it for the money. With regards to the fight itself I will call it even. De La Hoya actually just stands 5'8" or 5'9" and he will have to shed a lot of pounds come fight time and Pac can easily put on the additional weight.

You are right, if he gets KO our national pride will get tarnish but everything has a price and almost 1 Billion pesos pay those pride.

But As I said earlier, a 6'1, 228lbs Ruslan Chegaev beat a 7'0, 328lbs Nicolay Valuev in the heavyweight championship so a 5'6 1/2 MP has a legitimate chance over an old 5'10 1/2 Oscar Dela Hoya. He must use the Run & Gun tactic to avoid getting KO and win on points

Edited by jerzz

ill take the money also,langya dagdagan nga lang nang 3%ang sweldo ko tuwang tuwa na ako,lahat naman tayo nagpapakahirap sa trabaho natin yun nga lang ang trabaho ni manny mas malaki ang sweldo,it might be a freakshow but hell yah...eh ano ngayon kung money pacman man sya mayaman na manny naman

wag na tayo paka-plastic!

if you're in Manny's position ano iisipin mo? $20 million or your reputation?

madali sabihin na dapat wag nya isipin ang pera dahil wala tayo sa situation ni Pacman.

at baka nakakalimutan nyo, boxing ang trabaho ni Pacman. kung san sya kikita dun sya pupunta...

ill take the money also,langya dagdagan nga lang nang 3%ang sweldo ko tuwang tuwa na ako,lahat naman tayo nagpapakahirap sa trabaho natin yun nga lang ang trabaho ni manny mas malaki ang sweldo,it might be a freakshow but hell yah...eh ano ngayon kung money pacman man sya mayaman na manny naman

The main problem with our country is this kind of thinking, that is why we deserve all the politicians we have right now. The words pride and honor, seemed a long forgotten word in our dictionary.

Manny has brought so much honor and respect to us Filipinos, it won't be too fast ( look at Z gorres, Banal , bautista , hawaian punch ... soon there names would be forgotten like espinosa.......) , before we have another manny pacman again in our country. The wait for another elorde after elorde was like 40 years......I hope he reconsider his greatness and legacy for the sake of money .....

Edited by George Bush
The main problem with our country is this kind of thinking, that is why we deserve all the politicians we have right now. The words pride and honor, seemed a long forgotten word in our dictionary.

Manny has brought so much honor and respect to us Filipinos, it won't be too fast ( look at Z gorres, Banal , bautista , hawaian punch ... soon there names would be forgotten like espinosa.......) , before we have another manny pacman again in our country. The wait for another elorde after elorde was like 40 years......I hope he reconsider his greatness and legacy for the sake of money .....

I totally agree with you. This is supposed to be boxing and not WWE. :upside:

A champ should fight the #1 contender in his weight division and not someone who is about to retire this year with no belt on his waist.

And besides, Pacman versus Dela Hoya at Welterweight with what Championship Belt!? Nothing...

This is like watching Rocky Balboa (The sixth Rocky movie). :thumbsdownsmiley: :lol:

But if this boxing match push through, Pacman needs all our support.

Go Pacman!

If the fight push trough, you are right it is going to be a freak show.

The infuriating part is that Pac will just do it for the money. With regards to the fight itself I will call it even. De La Hoya actually just stands 5'8" or 5'9" and he will have to shed a lot of pounds come fight time and Pac can easily put on the additional weight.

are you not contradicting yourself here?

you said its infuriating "freak show" then you are calling it even... how can it be both an "infuriating freak show" if the fight is gonna be even or a close one?

hello?

yeahh right... so what is so embarassing about fighting a bigger guy? when does it become so shameful to go against a future hall of famer? does it become embarassing and shameful because he is going to be paid $20m for it? so how does a record purse for a filipino become a hindrance to greatness and legacy?

i hope we stop with this height of hypocrisy and just support the guy who has been one of the few bright spots to our being a filipino...

whoever is saying that this is gonna be a freakshow ought to be the one who should be embarrased or ashamed for losing faith in what the filipino can do... how dare this pseudo patriots call themselves honorable filipino when all they can think of is to put a typical small but resilient filipino down... di pa nga nagsisimula laban eh ilan na sa inyo nagpatulog kay pacquiao...

there is no shame in losing to a good fighter but i would even go one step further and say that yes pacman can beat golden boy even if he is much bigger... yes, the filipino can be world beater and can stop bigger opponents...

the chinese basketball team is way bigger and superior than our pba laden national team but i never saw anyone say that their game against china is gonna be a freak show... and yet we put down pacman for fighting a bigger foe simply because he stand to earn $20M? well, ive got news for you guys... pacman stands a better chance of beating dela hoya compared to our national basketall team beating china...

didnt we learn our history well enough? didnt lapu lapu slay the taller, bigger and well equipped magellan some 500 years ago? and i dont think anyone would say it was a shameful freak show... didnt a short and very young general with a handful of men held a few hundreds of american at bay in tirad pass? i dont think it was an embarrasment even after he died...

so it is never going to be a freakshow as most posters are saying... im sure pacman will put up a courageous fight and will go down fighting... he even could win this one...

remember that dela hoya had a very difficult time against a much shorter steve forbes (who is almost the same height as pacman, he also fought in the same weight as pacman)... and to think that forbes did not have pacman's dizzying combination of speed and power... besides, pacman is peaking and golden boy is in his twillight of his career...

so i'd say it again, those who is calling this fight a freakshow should be the one who ought to be ashamed of themselves not pacman whose only fault right now is his being a recipient of $20M come fight time...

yeahh right... so what is so embarassing about fighting a bigger guy? when does it become so shameful to go against a future hall of famer? does it become embarassing and shameful because he is going to be paid $20m for it? so how does a record purse for a filipino become a hindrance to greatness and legacy?

i hope we stop with this height of hypocrisy and just support the guy who has been one of the few bright spots to our being a filipino...

whoever is saying that this is gonna be a freakshow ought to be the one who should be embarrased or ashamed for losing faith in what the filipino can do... how dare this pseudo patriots call themselves honorable filipino when all they can think of is to put a typical small but resilient filipino down... di pa nga nagsisimula laban eh ilan na sa inyo nagpatulog kay pacquiao...

there is no shame in losing to a good fighter but i would even go one step further and say that yes pacman can beat golden boy even if he is much bigger... yes, the filipino can be world beater and can stop bigger opponents...

the chinese basketball team is way bigger and superior than our pba laden national team but i never saw anyone say that their game against china is gonna be a freak show... and yet we put down pacman for fighting a bigger foe simply because he stand to earn $20M? well, ive got news for you guys... pacman stands a better chance of beating dela hoya compared to our national basketall team beating china...

didnt we learn our history well enough? didnt lapu lapu slay the taller, bigger and well equipped magellan some 500 years ago? and i dont think anyone would say it was a shameful freak show... didnt a short and very young general with a handful of men held a few hundreds of american at bay in tirad pass? i dont think it was an embarrasment even after he died...

so it is never going to be a freakshow as most posters are saying... im sure pacman will put up a courageous fight and will go down fighting... he even could win this one...

remember that dela hoya had a very difficult time against a much shorter steve forbes (who is almost the same height as pacman, he also fought in the same weight as pacman)... and to think that forbes did not have pacman's dizzying combination of speed and power... besides, pacman is peaking and golden boy is in his twillight of his career...

so i'd say it again, those who is calling this fight a freakshow should be the one who ought to be ashamed of themselves not pacman whose only fault right now is his being a recipient of $20M come fight time...

Just imagine how 90 million filipionos would feel, if pacman would be BRUTALIZE in this fight ? for the reason that this is a total mismatch !!!

I think Pacman has a 45% chance of winning this fight, Oscar is old, doesn't train well anymore & will have difficulty reducing weight thus will make him dehydrated during the fight. Remember Pacman got KO early in his career because of reducing too much weight. He was not even hit that hard.

If it was DelaHoya at the peak of his career, then Pacman has no chance but this DLH is just a shadow of his former self. If it goes to the distance, Pacman will win, he is faster, has more stamina and simply the better fighter at this time. DLH's advantage is his size and we don't know yet if Pac's power can hurt him. Diaz can absorb Pac's power without a problem during the early round and DLH is 20lbs heavier than Diaz.

As for our basketball team, I think they only have a 1% chance of beating China with Yao Ming 7'6, Wang Zhizhi 6'11 and Yi Jilyan 6'11 at the frontcourt. They are even training a new center at 7'9

bakit ikukumpara mo yan sa mga politician,hindi naman kinurakot ni manny ang pera nya ah,si manny boxer na magaling anong gusto nyong gawin nya para pasayahin kayo lets see labanan si valero na nanghahanap lang nang panalo at pera,pag nanalo si manny expected lang pag natalo he lost a 20 million dollar fight...labanan si lolo nate campbell na naghahanap din nang pera at panalo tulad ni valero, si juan marquez na ilang beses na gumulong kay manny na naghihintay makatsamba at may maawang judge na magbibigay nang panalo sa kanya... mas gugustuhin ko pang matalo si manny kay odlh kesa sa mga boxer na to na naghihintay lang gumawa nang pangalan thru mannys fame saka sa tingin mo ba ang isang athlete pag lumalaban nang dehado asa isipan nya langya matatalo ako dito i dont think michael jordan, tiger woods,etc goes to a game and says i think im going to lose today ang asa isip nila im going to kick their ass ganun di sa pacquiao ang mentalidad nila kahit sino ilagay mo mananalo ako....

siguro nga matagal nang wala ang pride and honor sa dictionary natin na napalitan na nang salitang pera,pero hindi lahat nang nag iisip na pera muna bago pride eh wala nang honor,maraming titser sa atin na ofw na dh na ngayon dahil sa pera but they still have my RESPECT,

boxing is a business parang pelikula yan pag mahina sa takilya wala nang part 2 yung last fight ni manny against diaz ang baba nang PPV nila,gusto mo bang yung kasunod na laban nya nilangaw na naman sa kita,magagaya yan kay espinosa matanda na nagboboxing pa rin,napanood mo ba ang mga huling laban ni espinosa ginagawa syang punching bag bakit kasi naghahanap nang pera.kung babayaran si manny nang 20 million thats going to go along way para di na sya magaya kina espinosa...but it dont matter sino pa man ang kalaban ni manny manood pa rin ako at susuporta kay manny

Just imagine how 90 million filipionos would feel, if pacman would be BRUTALIZE in this fight ? for the reason that this is a total mismatch !!!

dont worry... it aint happening... the size and weight difference may be too much for pacquiao... but de la hoya is not the same fighter 2 or 3 years ago... he had a very difficult time with forbes in his last fight and forbes is almost the same height and weight as pacman...

whilst pacman is much faster and can still hurt a bigger opponent in dela hoya... even if dela hoya is more powerful than pacman, its not going to hurt pacquioa if golden boy cant catch pacquiao... so how can pacman be brutalized if he aint goin to get hit?

at the end of the fight... dela hoya may still win this but i dont see him brutalizing or even dominating pacman because of the way pacquiao is moving now...

and im imagining already how proud 90 filipinos would feel after pacman gives a future hall of famer, who is way bigger and heavier, one of his hardest fight ever...

Edited by wrencheart
dont worry... it aint happening... the size and weight difference may be too much for pacquiao... but de la hoya is not the same fighter 2 or 3 years ago... he had a very difficult time with forbes in his last fight and forbes is almost the same height and weight as pacman...

whilst pacman is much faster and can still hurt a bigger opponent in dela hoya... even if dela hoya is more powerful than pacman, its not going to hurt pacquioa if golden boy cant catch pacquiao... so how can pacman be brutalized if he aint goin to get hit?

at the end of the fight... dela hoya may still win this but i dont see him brutalizing or even dominating pacman because of the way pacquiao is moving now...

and im imagining already how proud 90 filipinos would feel after pacman gives a future hall of famer, who is way bigger and heavier, one of his hardest fight ever...

if the match between floyd and odlh will be the basis.....delikado si pacman natin !!!

if the match between floyd and odlh will be the basis.....delikado si pacman natin !!!

delikado naman talaga si pacman kahit saan tingnan ang laban pero di pa rin yan magugulpi... he will still give dela hoya a very good fight... it ain't gonna be a freak show as some guys here are suggesting... there's a bigger chance that pacman will lose but he will not be totally outclassed here... it will be very close...

and by the way, im looking more on dela hoya's last fight as basis... he last fought stevie forbes (after fighting mayweather) and the guy is only 5'7" who fought in the 130 lbs division... and despite the height discrepancy and slow (compared to pacman) movement, he gave dela hoya a very difficult time...

I totally agree with you. This is supposed to be boxing and not WWE. :upside:

A champ should fight the #1 contender in his weight division and not someone who is about to retire this year with no belt on his waist.

And besides, Pacman versus Dela Hoya at Welterweight with what Championship Belt!? Nothing...

This is like watching Rocky Balboa (The sixth Rocky movie). :thumbsdownsmiley: :lol:

But if this boxing match push through, Pacman needs all our support.

Go Pacman!

there is a time frame for mandatory fights

cguro pasok sa sked to

anyways within the rules parin naman

golden boys gotta make the weight first

Oscar De La Hoya: Taking the easy way out!

By P.H. Burbridge (A voice in the crowd) It’s absolutely ridiculous that Oscar De La Hoya is considering Manny Pacquiao as his final ring opponent! Is this supposed to be Oscar’s “gift” to the fight fans who have made him one of the RICHEST sportsmen ever? If it is, then keep it Oscar because we want to see elite fighters who are evenly matched leaving it in the ring not a good big guy walking down a good small guy. You don’t claim greatness by fighting a guy who is 20 pounds lighter then you unless you’re a heavyweight and your opponent is a prime Roy Jones Jr. If you’re a light middleweight and you’re calling out a “LIGHTWEIGHT” who started his career as a FLYWEIGHT then you’re RIPPING US OFF. Spare us of all the hype and don’t ask us to “suspend” reality so you can make another 25 million dollars!

Enough is enough! Anyone who thinks Manny Pacquiao can stand up to a “real” De La Hoya left hook is kidding themselves. You want proof watch the 2nd round of the second Juan Manuel Marquez fight where Manny was buzzed by a grazing hook and suddenly slammed it in to reverse. So, now that plans for a December showdown seem to be serious I have to raise my hand for hardcore fight fans around the world and shout “this fight’s a JOKE!

If this is the best Oscar can do then maybe we’ve given him too much credit all along. When this potential “Super fight” started popping up on the various boxing websites and Freddie Roach said publicly that he felt that Manny could and would beat De La Hoya if they ever met I didn’t take it seriously. Freddie even went so far as to say that Pacquiao would likely “knock De La Hoya out”! I laughed and attributed all that nonsense to Roach trying to set the stage for a possible monster payday for Manny and HIMSELF. I certainly didn’t think De La Hoya would SERIOUSLY consider it. But, apparently he’s desperate.

Freddie Roach KNOWS there’s no chance that Manny could hurt De La Hoya yet he persists with these ridiculous claims as if he has some “insider” knowledge. Let’s be frank here if Freddie had that kind of insight why didn’t he do a better job of training Oscar for Mayweather? If he was such a great tactician and was capable of breaking down a fighter’s style to capitalize on their weaknesses, why did Oscar loose his jab after the 7th round of that fight when it was working so well early and why didn’t Freddie make the necessary adjustments in the corner? After all, that was the biggest fight he’s ever been involved in and his “A” game should have been on full display but clearly he didn’t have any answers and his timid in corner pleas for Oscar to do more were pathetic. Leading up to the Mayweather fight Roach openly quipped that they would go to plan “B, C and D” if “A” wasn’t working but you can watch that fight a hundred times and you’ll see that NO adjustments were made by De La Hoya and Roach’s advice lacked any direct or any sustained tactical suggestion. Bottom line Roach planned it one way and it didn’t come close to working. If ever De La Hoya needed Mayweather Sr that was the fight. Why Oscar didn’t pony up that 2 million dollar asking price to get Floyd Sr into camp is beyond me. Considering Oscar’s bank roll and his take for that fight 2 million dollars doesn’t seem like a lot of money. What did Oscar think Floyd Sr would do? Come in and sabotage his camp so that Floyd Jr could win? Floyd Sr is a professional and would have come in and done his job. Floyd Sr’s not going to ruin his reputation for a Son who openly treats him with such disrespect. Take a look at what’s been going on and more importantly what’s not been going on between those two since that fight and you’ll have your answer. I think Floyd Sr would have brought his “A” game for that 2 million dollars and Oscar might have had the most satisfying win of his career. Well, we’ll never know. One thing we do know is that Freddie Roach failed in the biggest fight of his career and in a fight that was absolutely winnable for De La Hoya.

So, what’s really going on here? Why won’t Oscar focus his attention on an elite fighter in his own weight range? Why is Oscar avoiding the “Tijuana Tornado," Antonio Margarito? Margarito couldn’t have scripted this thing any better for De La Hoya to end his career if he were a Hollywood screen writer. He beat the man who aside from Mayweather was Oscar’s most obvious choice to end his career with a bang, Miguel Cotto. Margarito was OPENLY ducked by Floyd Mayweather Jr and has for the longest time had the title as the most avoided fighter in the game. Margarito’s credibility is at an all time high and beating him would put some of the shine back on the “Golden Boy." Oscar shouldn’t be wasting his time with Pacquiao. He’s too small and has ZERO chance of withstanding hard shots from De La Hoya. Plus Manny doesn’t come close to having enough power to make Oscar think twice about anything. Oscar has fought full fledge middleweights so I’m sure he’ll be able to absorb anything Manny can muster up. Forget about all the highlight reels showing Manny crushing Featherweights.

This is a complete money making scheme. Oscar knows Pacquiao can’t beat him and so does Roach. Manny knows he can’t beat Oscar too and that’s why you’re reading so much about all these financial penalties and demands that are being made by team Pacquiao such as a weigh in on the day of the fight rather then one day prior. Pacquiao’s team want financial terms put in writing that Oscar is to be penalized $750,000 per pound over the agreed weight. That pretty much tells you everything you need to know. Pacquiao’s team is looking at every single angle to cash in absolutely anticipating he will lose. After all is he’s going to loose he might as well get paid for it. This isn’t a real fight.

If Oscar and Manny do go through with this ridiculous event and when Oscar wins what does he think he will have accomplished? Does he think that “HE” will all of sudden jump to the top spot of everyone’s POUND FOR POUND list because he took out the current #1 guy? I’ve already said that we’re not going to “suspend reality” for this “Super Fight." Clearly, beating Manny Pacquiao does nothing to enrich the De La Hoya legacy. It will do plenty for his bank account. As usual……

Does Pacquiao consider this to be his “retirement” score? Manny needs to get a couple of wins as the LIGHTWEIGHT champion and then go after Ricky Hatton. Now, that fight makes sense and would be competitive.

For Oscar to go out of boxing on such an undistinguished note will give those who have questioned his greatness all the ammunition they need to question his legacy till the end of time. If Oscar really does care about his legacy then his only option is waiting by the phone in Tijuana!

Edited by jerzz
Oscar De La Hoya: Taking the easy way out!

By P.H. Burbridge (A voice in the crowd) It’s absolutely ridiculous that Oscar De La Hoya is considering Manny Pacquiao as his final ring opponent! Is this supposed to be Oscar’s “gift” to the fight fans who have made him one of the RICHEST sportsmen ever? If it is, then keep it Oscar because we want to see elite fighters who are evenly matched leaving it in the ring not a good big guy walking down a good small guy. You don’t claim greatness by fighting a guy who is 20 pounds lighter then you unless you’re a heavyweight and your opponent is a prime Roy Jones Jr. If you’re a light middleweight and you’re calling out a “LIGHTWEIGHT” who started his career as a FLYWEIGHT then you’re RIPPING US OFF. Spare us of all the hype and don’t ask us to “suspend” reality so you can make another 25 million dollars!

Enough is enough! Anyone who thinks Manny Pacquiao can stand up to a “real” De La Hoya left hook is kidding themselves. You want proof watch the 2nd round of the second Juan Manuel Marquez fight where Manny was buzzed by a grazing hook and suddenly slammed it in to reverse. So, now that plans for a December showdown seem to be serious I have to raise my hand for hardcore fight fans around the world and shout “this fight’s a JOKE!

If this is the best Oscar can do then maybe we’ve given him too much credit all along. When this potential “Super fight” started popping up on the various boxing websites and Freddie Roach said publicly that he felt that Manny could and would beat De La Hoya if they ever met I didn’t take it seriously. Freddie even went so far as to say that Pacquiao would likely “knock De La Hoya out”! I laughed and attributed all that nonsense to Roach trying to set the stage for a possible monster payday for Manny and HIMSELF. I certainly didn’t think De La Hoya would SERIOUSLY consider it. But, apparently he’s desperate.

Freddie Roach KNOWS there’s no chance that Manny could hurt De La Hoya yet he persists with these ridiculous claims as if he has some “insider” knowledge. Let’s be frank here if Freddie had that kind of insight why didn’t he do a better job of training Oscar for Mayweather? If he was such a great tactician and was capable of breaking down a fighter’s style to capitalize on their weaknesses, why did Oscar loose his jab after the 7th round of that fight when it was working so well early and why didn’t Freddie make the necessary adjustments in the corner? After all, that was the biggest fight he’s ever been involved in and his “A” game should have been on full display but clearly he didn’t have any answers and his timid in corner pleas for Oscar to do more were pathetic. Leading up to the Mayweather fight Roach openly quipped that they would go to plan “B, C and D” if “A” wasn’t working but you can watch that fight a hundred times and you’ll see that NO adjustments were made by De La Hoya and Roach’s advice lacked any direct or any sustained tactical suggestion. Bottom line Roach planned it one way and it didn’t come close to working. If ever De La Hoya needed Mayweather Sr that was the fight. Why Oscar didn’t pony up that 2 million dollar asking price to get Floyd Sr into camp is beyond me. Considering Oscar’s bank roll and his take for that fight 2 million dollars doesn’t seem like a lot of money. What did Oscar think Floyd Sr would do? Come in and sabotage his camp so that Floyd Jr could win? Floyd Sr is a professional and would have come in and done his job. Floyd Sr’s not going to ruin his reputation for a Son who openly treats him with such disrespect. Take a look at what’s been going on and more importantly what’s not been going on between those two since that fight and you’ll have your answer. I think Floyd Sr would have brought his “A” game for that 2 million dollars and Oscar might have had the most satisfying win of his career. Well, we’ll never know. One thing we do know is that Freddie Roach failed in the biggest fight of his career and in a fight that was absolutely winnable for De La Hoya.

So, what’s really going on here? Why won’t Oscar focus his attention on an elite fighter in his own weight range? Why is Oscar avoiding the “Tijuana Tornado," Antonio Margarito? Margarito couldn’t have scripted this thing any better for De La Hoya to end his career if he were a Hollywood screen writer. He beat the man who aside from Mayweather was Oscar’s most obvious choice to end his career with a bang, Miguel Cotto. Margarito was OPENLY ducked by Floyd Mayweather Jr and has for the longest time had the title as the most avoided fighter in the game. Margarito’s credibility is at an all time high and beating him would put some of the shine back on the “Golden Boy." Oscar shouldn’t be wasting his time with Pacquiao. He’s too small and has ZERO chance of withstanding hard shots from De La Hoya. Plus Manny doesn’t come close to having enough power to make Oscar think twice about anything. Oscar has fought full fledge middleweights so I’m sure he’ll be able to absorb anything Manny can muster up. Forget about all the highlight reels showing Manny crushing Featherweights.

This is a complete money making scheme. Oscar knows Pacquiao can’t beat him and so does Roach. Manny knows he can’t beat Oscar too and that’s why you’re reading so much about all these financial penalties and demands that are being made by team Pacquiao such as a weigh in on the day of the fight rather then one day prior. Pacquiao’s team want financial terms put in writing that Oscar is to be penalized $750,000 per pound over the agreed weight. That pretty much tells you everything you need to know. Pacquiao’s team is looking at every single angle to cash in absolutely anticipating he will lose. After all is he’s going to loose he might as well get paid for it. This isn’t a real fight.

If Oscar and Manny do go through with this ridiculous event and when Oscar wins what does he think he will have accomplished? Does he think that “HE” will all of sudden jump to the top spot of everyone’s POUND FOR POUND list because he took out the current #1 guy? I’ve already said that we’re not going to “suspend reality” for this “Super Fight." Clearly, beating Manny Pacquiao does nothing to enrich the De La Hoya legacy. It will do plenty for his bank account. As usual……

Does Pacquiao consider this to be his “retirement” score? Manny needs to get a couple of wins as the LIGHTWEIGHT champion and then go after Ricky Hatton. Now, that fight makes sense and would be competitive.

For Oscar to go out of boxing on such an undistinguished note will give those who have questioned his greatness all the ammunition they need to question his legacy till the end of time. If Oscar really does care about his legacy then his only option is waiting by the phone in Tijuana!

very nicely written piece... there's just one problem... much of the arguments are hinged on speculations... like manny's punch can't hurt oscar or that manny cant take oscar's punches... this may be true but then again it may not be true... who could really tell when nobody did actually measure the power of each one's punch...

and besides, even if oscar can take manny's punch, what about a series of sustained punches... and even if manny cant take oscar's punches, he still needs to get hit by oscar's punch to actually be affected... is oscar still fast enough to catch a buzz saw in pacman?

we cant really never tell until we actually see the fight... i'd say lets bring it on...

Edited by wrencheart