PacMan's Corner

menime

I think that the Manila Ice and Marco Bolo that they are reffering to are the names of the combinations that they are trying to practice. Wala din yang pinag kaiba sa basketball were the point guard signs or shout the play that they want to do. Binigyan lang nila ng name yun and I think there is nothing wrong about it. But can Pacman use it during his fight?...we'll soon find out :hypocritesmiley:

guys IMHO pacman will emerge a winner here, unless he would lower down his pride and go for a trilogy, let's admit it, pacman is on his prime right now and almost all the other fighters on his division has been slowly declining with their performances, pacman is just on right age and on the right time...i'll predict a 5th round KO by pacman if lumampas ng 5th round 7th round would be it...

barrera will lose and will lose badly

manny is five years younger, and quite possibly in the best shape of his life.

barrera has been through too many wars, he's not as quick, nor as strong as he used to be.

if he opts to trade early, he'll get KTFO early.

if he opts to hit and run, he'll still get KTFO probably in the 7th or 8th round. He can't outrun manny.

lol @ that article saying manny is all hype.

I don't like how manny's been living his life these past few years. But PFP Manny Pacquiao is easily in the top 10, top 20 if it's PFP of all time.

Me In intend to watch the fight as pure sports event. Not some propaganda to fight for the glory of my country or whatever bullshit propaganda that is behind every boxing sport that is hyped. ESP when a filipino boxer is involved.

I mean don't get me wrong, we should be proud of every filipino that becomes world class. But its one thing to be proud of a fellow filipino, and its another thing to be proud of a whole country because of one filipino.

Sa tuwing panalo si Pacquiao, lahat ng pilipino nagiging world class, lahat ng pilipino angat sa buong mundo, in fact several times I have heard people claim na tayo ang pinakamagaling sa buong mundo

Ganito na lang, ang nanay mo bungangera at sugarol, ang tatay mo walang trabaho at lansengo, ang kuya mo adik at snatcher, ang ate mo sawsawan ng buong barangay, tapos ikaw suma cum laude ka, ibig ba sabihin nun buong pamilya mo magaling na?

Lets be practical folks one world class boxer can't redeem corrupt politicians, indolent citizens, and even undisciplined motorists and commuters. One boxer does not raise the value of the peso, it does not make a first world country out of a third world country. The world knows manny pacquiao as a great boxer AND THAT he is a filipino, not that he is a great boxer BECAUSE he is a filipino.

Sabi nga sakin napagkakaisa ni Manny ang bawat pinoy pag me laban siya, and for that he deserves to be a hero. OO nga, pero pagkatapos ng laban ano na? Yang pagkakaisa ba na yan tumatagal pa ba? Do we show the same "pagkakaisa" to build a country or at least a society? Wala, pagkatapos ng laban balik nanaman tayo sa paghihilahan pababa kaya wala na sa atin ang umaangat

Kaya ipagpatawad nyo sana kung hindi ako naniniwala na ang laban ni Manny Pacquiao ay laban ng Pilipinas (while I have respect to those who believe otherwise). Hindi rin ako naniniwala that manny fights for the honor of his country. Para sa akin its just a cheap publicity so that more of us will subscribe to pay per view fights and buy the products that he endorses. Boxing is a way of living, he boxes for money period. Nothing wrong about it, and I can respect what a man does for a living, but thats all there really is to it.

Pag manalo si Pacquiao, all of us will say kasama tayo dun sa nanalo. Pero sino sa atin ang magsasabing kasama tayo dun sa natalo o natalo buong pilipinas pag natalo siya sa laban na ito?

The way I see it Manny has become a convenient escape goat, to hide the reality about us. Isn't it pathetic that when we are asked about what can be proud of as a country si Manny Pacquiao o yung mga boxingero lang ang sinasabi natin? Bakit hindi yung booming economy gaya nung sa malaysia? O yung maunlad na science and technology gaya ng Japan? O yung pagiging isa sa me pinakamababang corruption index gaya sa singapore. Bakit mga boxinero at Filam sa American Idol ang nagiging source natin ng national pride. Anak ng tokwa pati ba naman sa SONA ni GMA isasama pa si Manny Pacquaio?

Para sa akin hindi natin kelangan si Manny Para ipagmalaki natin kung sino tayo. If you are an honest to goodness citizen, who strives hard to become good at whatever endeavor you engage, then you can be proud of your nationality. On the other hand if you are a corrupt bum, a hundred manny pacquiao's will never give you a reason to be proud of who you are

Just a thought folks. Bato bato sa langit, and tamaan sapol

Sa tuwing panalo si Pacquiao, lahat ng pilipino nagiging world class, lahat ng pilipino angat sa buong mundo, in fact several times I have heard people claim na tayo ang pinakamagaling sa buong mundo

look at this way so you won't be as upset

the country needs every ounce of greatness especially now in these trying times.

Filipinos need something to cheer about, and more importantly something big that they feel they were a part of (it's a false assumption I know).

Let us Pinoys have their day in the sun, because it doesn't happen very often.

but I agree with half of what you said.

look at this way so you won't be as upset

the country needs every ounce of greatness especially now in these trying times.

Filipinos need something to cheer about, and more importantly something big that they feel they were a part of (it's a false assumption I know).

Let us Pinoys have their day in the sun, because it doesn't happen very often.

but I agree with half of what you said.

Well I do not know if Upset is the correct word to describe it.

But be that as may, the question I ask is this, tayo ba sinusuportahan natin si manny para sa pagkakaisa? or are we just riding in his coat tail? Perhaps manny was selling us pride for cash, thats why we keep watching him. Kasi kung talagang para yan sa pagkakaisa me nangyayari ba talaga pagkatapos ng laban nya? Wala hilahan parin tayo ng hilahan pababa.

Hindi ko nilalait ang pilipino sa maniwala man kayo o hindi. Pero let us admit one thing lang, we do not have anything to be really proud of us a country. Not our history, not our legacy, and not even the pathetic state that we are in right now sadly. I mean I will be stoned left and right for saying this, but sometimes reality isn't that diplomatic.

Paano mo sasabihing angat nga ang lahi mo, eh samantalang hangang TFC kitang kita kung panu uto utuin ang mga pilipino magkapera lang. Kahit Amuyin utot ni Willie gagawin magkapera lang

Manuod ka ng balita eto ang laman

1.) Suhulan sa ZTE contract kung saan yung magnanakaw inaakusahan kapwa magnanakaw

2.) Di pa natutuyo tinta dun sa hatol kay erap, bibigyan na kaagad pardon kahit di umamin si erap sa kasalanan nya

3.) Mga nahuhuling pulis na nangongotong

4.) Impeachment complaint kung kani kanino

5.) Me batang narape at inilagay sa maleta

6.) Isang UP student namatay sa hazing

7.) Showbiz kababawan at Kacheapan

8.) Manny Pacquiao lalabanan si barrera

so dahil lang sa panghuling yun angat na kaagad ang pinoy sa buong mundo?

My point is, this is not really a healthy attitude wherein a national pride quickly turns into national arrogance. Kaya nga di ko masisi si manny na lumaki na ng sobra ang ulo dahil talaga namang pinalalaki natin.

At tsaka bakit ba kelangan nating ideklara ang national holiday pag nanalo si pacquiao? Why is that worth giving the economy a holiday for?

Vegas gives Pacquiao cold welcome

By Recah Trinidad

Inquirer

Last updated 07:45pm (Mla time) 10/02/2007

LAS VEGAS -- Manny Pacquiao, star of the show, got a flat, unenthusiastic reception here when he walked into the lobby of the host hotel Monday night but it's his opponent, Marco Antonio Barrera, who's in for a rude welcome.

There were a few colored balloons, held up by a small group of Filipinas who were plainly glad to see their idol, when Pacquiao arrived.

"Forget about him, buddy, Pacquiao will knock him out, that's for sure," blurted Wayne Sausalito, valet parking attendant, as he pumped his right hand.

He didn't have to be asked, but with the hot approval for Pacquiao prevailing in this well-lit gaming capital, Sausalito found the baring of the anti-Barrera sentiment the smartest thing to state.

Pacquiao and his entourage of around 30 people hit the glittering Strip area as scheduled in a five-vehicle convoy, including a 14-seat van, at 9 p.m. Monday, after a five-hour drive from Los Angeles.

Filipino John Pribhdas was surprised to learn that Pacquiao was already in the hotel.

"We're all for him, but we could not find anybody here to bet against," the brother of the late Danny Pribhdas in the PBA explained.

All the Mexicans he knew around here were all for Pacquiao, claimed the tall lobby attendant with a well-modulated voice.

To make up for the cold reception, Mandalay Bay, host of the "Will to Win" card, has lined up elaborate greetings for Pacquiao Tuesday, before the scheduled media workout for the Filipino boxing superstar.

Although it was not clear if Barrera had already checked in, the Mexican boxing legend has been scheduled to shadow-box before members of the press on Wednesday.

There was emphasis on speed in Pacquiao's final workout at Wild Card that included four rounds of sparring and an unscheduled work with the heavy bags.

"I don't want him to be too tight," trainer Freddie Roach said of his prized warrior who, he said, has visibly hit peak form ahead.

Pacquiao himself said there was nothing to fear about possible burnout.

"Mas maaga ko nakuha kundisyon, pero walang dapat ikatakot (I hit my peak early, but there’s nothing to be afraid of," Pacquiao explained during a brief break in his final workout in Los Angeles.

"Excited na talaga ko, sana laban na (I'm excited already, I like to fight now)" he later told a television interviewer.

There was no outright manifestation of distaste over the rematch, but it's safe to say fans would have been more enthusiastic if a younger, stronger foe had instead been lined up against Pacquiao, who knocked out Barrera in Texas four years ago.

Pacquiao is enjoying his bountiful summer in boxing, while Barrera, if not exactly overstaying, is clearly in the last quarter of his career.

"I'm picking Pacquiao to win it between rounds one and seven," former senator Robert Jaworski told the Philippine Daily Inquirer after dropping by Pacquiao's training camp in LA Sunday.

Jaworski said things could just turn mysterious in scoring, however, if the fight lasts 12 rounds.

"A lot of honor is at stake, so we can never tell," Jaworski, looking fit in a light blue long-sleeved shirt and matching slacks, explained.

He will be at ringside, together with other celebrities and politicians from the Philippines, on Saturday.

pacman

Netvision cancels Pacquiao-Barrera webcast

By Erwin Oliva

INQUIRER.net

Last updated 08:14pm (Mla time) 10/02/2007

Manila, Philippines -- Netvision has cancelled the scheduled webcast of the fight between Manny Pacquiao and Antonio Barrera in the Middle East, an official told INQUIRER.net.

Filipino startup firm Netvision has acquired the right to offer the bout over the Internet via a paid service for Middle East subscribers.

Netvision President Axel Kornerup said HBO was threatened by the webcast and pressured Top Rank, owner of the rights to the scheduled fight, to tell Philippine partner Solar Entertainment to stop the webcast.

Kornerup who was apologetic said many of its subscribers had been waiting for the fight's webcast.

The Filipino executive said this sad news will translate to lost opportunity for the local video service provider.

The fight is scheduled Sunday, October 7.

pacman

GO MANNY GO!

Manny will DEFINITELY beat the crap out of Barera this time. Don't blink, cause this won't go the distance. Manny can take him out by the 4th round, though I am guessing he'd be toying with the old guy and finish him off around the 9th or 10th.

Bad fight? Manny playing safe? Maybe. But you can't entirely blame Manny. This is his means of livelihood. And as good as he is, his only got maybe 3 or 4 wars left in him. And Manny knows that. Fighting Morales the second time was a war. Fighting Chololo was a pass. This second fight with Barera is a pass. And it is a pass that will pay him mucho dolares! Viva Mexico!

The 3 or 4 wars he has left in his tank? He'll spend that when the time comes when HAS TO. For now, Manny can remain content and just let some poor guy pay the price of rising thru the ranks, earn a big name for himself, then CHALLENGE Manny to a mega-dollar blockbuster event. Such is the enviable position in the boxing world that Manny has. It is not often that the cookie crumbles our way (I mean, us Filipinos), let us just enjoy it when it does!

GO MANNY GO!

the mexicans already knew they couldn't win a fair fight with manny.

as usual their strategy would be to earn as much points as they could on jabs. when they feel they are ahead on points, barrera will jab and head butt... and jab and head butt... and jab and head butt until the referee stops the fight. then they will be forced go to a score card.

manny should not give this chance to barrera.

manny should finish the fight in round one.

Pacquiao could win by repeating himself

October 03, 2007 03:27:00

Recah Trinidad

Inquirer

LAS VEGAS -- Manny Pacquiao, a merciless lefty, knows a great right hand when he sees one.

He had a full, bright view of that right punch on Saturday.

He also won a few friendly dollars betting on that punch.

The deadly shot was thrown by Kelly Pavlik, also known as The Ghost, in his world middleweight title fight against the undefeated Jermain Taylor.

Before we go further, it must be noted that the punch that mesmerized Pacquiao into picking a fighter who was clearly on the losing end, was not that booming baseball bat of a facial slam Taylor received with disfiguring, devastating impact in the seventh round.

No, it was another one, although practically of the same edition.

It’s like this. Taylor floored Pavlik in the second round and was highly favored to finish the job in the third.

Nobody in his right mind, therefore, would put money on Pavlik, even if he happened to be his brother.

Still, Pavlik came back from the dead, like a real ghost, to score some good shots.

One of these great punches, Pacquiao saw very clearly in the third round.

To repeat: Pavlik was, pure and simple, on the losing end.

But before the fourth round of the title fight could start, Pacquiao challenged his boys at the Palazzo to a friendly bet.

He dared them to wager against Pavlik.

Not only that. He offered a handicap, their two dollars against three on his side.

Well, practically everybody around took the blind dare.

What followed were some of the finest moments in middleweight boxing.

Now, to make the long story short, Pacquiao ended up picking up a bundle.

Pavlik, as Pacquiao must’ve expected ahead, went on to stop Taylor in the seventh.

It was not exactly a big killing Pacquiao made.

But the take must’ve been big enough to buy a gift for his boyhood buddy and trainer Buboy Fernandez, who celebrated his birthday Tuesday.

Listen please. In case you missed that great right hand, here’s a tip.

If you come to visit at Wild Card, there’s a replica of that great right punch on a torn-out newspaper page pasted on the right side of the entrance.

And the one hitting with the baseball bat, in its gory impact, was Manny Pacquiao himself.

This happened in Pacman’s first fight with Marco Antonio Barrera, whom he stopped in 2003.

No need to report that Pacquiao, before leaving for this city, was seen several afternoons perfecting his right hand.

Pacquiao, a left-handed original, is definitely no copycat.

But, going by the trend, it won’t come as a surprise if he copies the Pavlik right shot against Barrera here on Saturday (Sunday morning in Manila).

In truth, the effort won’t amount to plagiarism.

Pacquiao, if he scores that big, killer right again, would simply be repeating himself.

pacman

everybody rooted for pacquaio nowadays heheheh....

remember how pacman loses to morales??? pacquaio being in the media everday, every move being watched.. too much distractions, too much hype compared to morales who was in the mountains and totally focus...

translation: Pacman loses in an embarassing defeat....

now, Barrera is more deadlier than morales. and that lose to Pacquaio 4 years ago definitely added to his hunger for revenge.. And if he is to be believe that this will be his last fight, then expect it to be a free for all....

yes he may be 33 y.o. and in the twilight in his career but i bet his hunger is still the same....

Sometimes a braggart like pacquiao needs to kiss the canvass to realize that life is more than boxing....

lets see..

zeromike22,

Yeah Manny can be headcase sometimes... but what has that got to do with anything? Boxers are often headcases. I'm glad that at least, Manny is no Mike Tyson. Manny is an altar boy compared to that brute. But at his peak, I still put my money on Mike over his opponents... This is BOXING. It's the fight business. A win atop the squared circle does not make you a saint. Get over it.