PacMan's Corner

menime

Relax lang kayo, wala pang katapat si Manny sa 130 lbs., we cant blame him kung bakit pa-easy-easy lang sya ngayon, and strategy na rin ni Coach Freddie Roach yung pagte-training nya rito...

Kabahan kayo kapag nagdesisyon syang umakyat ng 135 lbs., at ganyan ang gagawin nyang training, siguradong tapos and karir nya dun...

dagdag pa sa mga "sound advice" ng mga alipores ni Manny (Lito Atienza)

Pacman, 8 others probed over Baywalk restaurants

By Evelyn Macairan

Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Manila Mayor Alfredo Lim ordered an investigation of nine establishments previously situated along Baywalk after it was established that the owners operated without building permits and have not paid their rental fees.

Well this is my humble analysis.

1.) In my opinion, manny never boxed fro the honor of his country. The Philippines getting honor from his winning was merely a distant side effect. He was a prize fighter, he boxed to free himself from poverty. He used the element he was good at the most, and now he did. Nothing wrong with boxing for money per se, just as there is nothing wrong for selling meat for money. Its all good business. Yeah I know he called for pagkakaisa and he waved the filipino flag, but come on! it was advertising! of course it makes sense, you use that kind of campaign (to make people believe that supporting a boxer is indeed supporting the country), you get more people to subscribe to PPV. The more he gets PPV shares the more he gets rich.

2.) Pinalaki masyado ulo nya ng media, by making him believe that he is the greatest filipino in the world. Heck he even thinks he is the best person in the word. Add the politicains and the showbiz people who used them for their pathetic ends. But now that all the politicians he endorsed lost, the only thing that would keep him on top is to win, otherwise I do not see kung paano siya tatawaging gwapo ni Boy Abunda.

3.)Lets no be hypocrites here. Kakalimutan din natin ang taong ito when he starts loosing. And it a matter of time. In this sport nobody stays ontop forever. You loose it. You get old, or it just wasn't your day, whatever, it happened to erik morales it will happen to him sooner or later. When it does people will forget him. Oh come on, what happened to onyok velasco? the only silver medalist filipino in the olympics? He was very big back in highschool but he ended up being a comedic relief for dumbass sitcoms. How about luisito espinosa? Or Brian Villoria even? I don't recall anyone cheering for him lately? Or being labeled a filipino pride.

No one will stay at the top forever. Best you can do and stay there a while and leave a legacy.

Anyway let me end this by quoting Pacquiao after he won the first Barrera fight

"Uh...... In my countryman I am superstar......but in myself I do not want to be high......... I want to be like before......... down..... down like before"!

I really foresee an exciting fight between Barrera and MP... When MP lost to Morales the 1st time, we can see the determination of MP to bounce back...but since then, he was unbeaten and thus lacking in motivation to prove himself since he is the No.1 pound for pound na nga... pero kung matalo si MP, may rematch ulit yan kay Barrera for sure, kita siya ulit mas malaki pera before he takes on Marquez for the belt...baka yan ang plano ni MP at GBP...magpatalo para may trilogy tapos in the end panalo din siya...

I just wish, he wins all the way para he can be called one of the greatest... He can campaign sa 135 lbs after...I think may tulog pa din mga kalaban niya dun...

Haayy Manny, I just hope he straightens his act before it's too late...

si PAQUIAO kasi hindi na boxer/prizefighter. celebrity na siya. hindi naman siya champion pero siya ang pinakasikat, pinakamayaman, idolo ng lahat. parang isang instrumento na lamang siya ng mass media. ginamit siya ng mga aktor ng kapitalismo sa consumerism nila dahil siya ang gustong pinapanood ng tao. mas maraming nanonood, mas maraming nakakakita. nabawi na lang talaga niya sa bilis ng kamay, lakas ng suntok, at tibay ng loob. ito ang opinyon ko.

Well this is my humble analysis.

1.) In my opinion, manny never boxed fro the honor of his country. The Philippines getting honor from his winning was merely a distant side effect. He was a prize fighter, he boxed to free himself from poverty. He used the element he was good at the most, and now he did. Nothing wrong with boxing for money per se, just as there is nothing wrong for selling meat for money. Its all good business. Yeah I know he called for pagkakaisa and he waved the filipino flag, but come on! it was advertising! of course it makes sense, you use that kind of campaign (to make people believe that supporting a boxer is indeed supporting the country), you get more people to subscribe to PPV. The more he gets PPV shares the more he gets rich.

2.) Pinalaki masyado ulo nya ng media, by making him believe that he is the greatest filipino in the world. Heck he even thinks he is the best person in the word. Add the politicains and the showbiz people who used them for their pathetic ends. But now that all the politicians he endorsed lost, the only thing that would keep him on top is to win, otherwise I do not see kung paano siya tatawaging gwapo ni Boy Abunda.

3.)Lets no be hypocrites here. Kakalimutan din natin ang taong ito when he starts loosing. And it a matter of time. In this sport nobody stays ontop forever. You loose it. You get old, or it just wasn't your day, whatever, it happened to erik morales it will happen to him sooner or later. When it does people will forget him. Oh come on, what happened to onyok velasco? the only silver medalist filipino in the olympics? He was very big back in highschool but he ended up being a comedic relief for dumbass sitcoms. How about luisito espinosa? Or Brian Villoria even? I don't recall anyone cheering for him lately? Or being labeled a filipino pride.

No one will stay at the top forever. Best you can do and stay there a while and leave a legacy.

Anyway let me end this by quoting Pacquiao after he won the first Barrera fight

"Uh...... In my countryman I am superstar......but in myself I do not want to be high......... I want to be like before......... down..... down like before"!

Amen ...........

Ang sa akin

Let us be proud of every world class filipino that we produce, but at the same time let us not over rate them.

In as much as they bring glory they do not necessarily make it great.

Ganito lang naman yan eh

Isang pamilya.

Yung tatay lasengo at walang trabaho, yung nanay tsismosa, si ate pokpok, si kuya adik at snatcher, pero si bunso honor student.

Sina nanay, tatay, ate, at kuya, dapat maging proud sa bunso nila, pero hindi komo honor student si bunso, honor student na din buong pamilya.

Amen to that!

Well unfortunately kasi, the people of this country are so depressed, so demoralized, that its is begging for any amount of achievement so that for just a second, they can have a reason to be proud of who they are.

Maututan lang ng sikat na hollywood actor si Juan De La Cruz, siguradong kinabukasan, sarado na buong kalye ng maynila para iparada ang pinoy na nautututan ng isang sikat na Hollywood actor.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

read this in the news recently... hehehe.. funny..

Marco Antonio Barrera set to destroy Manny Pacquiao; Pacquiao's Days are Numbered

The Hard Punch - Views and Opinions by Johnny Benz (Sept 16, 2007) Doghouse Boxing

In a recent press release, famed trainer of Manny Pacquiao, Freddie Roach confessed they had a spy in Marco Antonio Barrera's camp. The spy secretively video taped Barrera's work outs.

"We have had a mole inside the Barrera camp for the past month, secretly video taping Barrera's workouts. We call the mission Patriot Games," confessed Freddie. "Barrera has been looking phenomenal, the best he has looked in years. After seeing what his game plan would be we developed a new weapon for Manny to counter anything Barrera throws at Manny. It's called 'The Marco Bolo.' It's the perfect complement to

Manny's vaunted left hook and the infamous 'Manila Ice.' Manny is still a work in progress, continuously evolving into the most ferocious fighting machine in the sport today. We have yet to see the best of Manny Pacquiao, and that's saying a lot since he's already the most exciting fighter in the world. Manny is prepared for the battle of his life."

To me, my opinion is that Freddie Roach has proven to be a cheater. I do not find anything cool or classy in sending a spy and then bragging about it in public. To me it is just outright pathetic that they need to resort to this tactic and to me it is nothing short of cheating.

Personally, I do feel that Pacquiao will lose his fight against Barrera this time. Let us not forget that before their last fight, Barrera was hit with a fire that made him evacuate his training camp midway through. Add to that, his medical records were unfairly disclosed in the media by a writer who in my opinion had no right to post personal medical information on Barrera. Apparently the leaked medical information indicated that Barrera has a metal plate in his head. The fire in training camp and the abuse from the media over his PRIVATE medical issues.... It was no small wonder that the Barrera we saw show up in the first fight resembled nothing we have accustomed ourselves too. So for any of you who think Barrera was beaten by Pacquiao... that is not the case... Pacquiao is not nearly as good as many of you have been

lead to think. With a natural disaster messing with his training camp and then all the stress brought on by leaked medical info.... Barrera beat himself.

The Barrera who will show up this time will knock the block off Pacquiao. No fire in his camp, and no goofy media attacks over his personal health and medical issues this time around. If Roach was so sure that Barrera will be an easy fight for Pacquiao....then there would be no need to send a spy into Barrera's camp.

Roach can also make up all they pretty little names he want, such as "Manila Ice" and "Marco Bolo".... but let us not forget that Vanila Ice was a "one Hit Wonder" and Marco Polo is a blind man's game.

My final thoughts and opinions: Pacquiao's days are numbered and this time Barrera wins.... and hopefully we will all see Pacquiao for what his is worth.... a Philippino-Media Hype Job.

Guest shameless

Marco Antonio Barrera set to destroy Manny Pacquiao; Pacquiao's Days are Numbered

The Hard Punch - Views and Opinions by Johnny Benz (Sept 16, 2007) Doghouse Boxing

In a recent press release, famed trainer of Manny Pacquiao, Freddie Roach confessed they had a spy in Marco Antonio Barrera's camp. The spy secretively video taped Barrera's work outs.

"We have had a mole inside the Barrera camp for the past month, secretly video taping Barrera's workouts. We call the mission Patriot Games," confessed Freddie. "Barrera has been looking phenomenal, the best he has looked in years. After seeing what his game plan would be we developed a new weapon for Manny to counter anything Barrera throws at Manny. It's called 'The Marco Bolo.' It's the perfect complement to

Manny's vaunted left hook and the infamous 'Manila Ice.' Manny is still a work in progress, continuously evolving into the most ferocious fighting machine in the sport today. We have yet to see the best of Manny Pacquiao, and that's saying a lot since he's already the most exciting fighter in the world. Manny is prepared for the battle of his life."

To me, my opinion is that Freddie Roach has proven to be a cheater. I do not find anything cool or classy in sending a spy and then bragging about it in public. To me it is just outright pathetic that they need to resort to this tactic and to me it is nothing short of cheating.

Personally, I do feel that Pacquiao will lose his fight against Barrera this time. Let us not forget that before their last fight, Barrera was hit with a fire that made him evacuate his training camp midway through. Add to that, his medical records were unfairly disclosed in the media by a writer who in my opinion had no right to post personal medical information on Barrera. Apparently the leaked medical information indicated that Barrera has a metal plate in his head. The fire in training camp and the abuse from the media over his PRIVATE medical issues.... It was no small wonder that the Barrera we saw show up in the first fight resembled nothing we have accustomed ourselves too. So for any of you who think Barrera was beaten by Pacquiao... that is not the case... Pacquiao is not nearly as good as many of you have been

lead to think. With a natural disaster messing with his training camp and then all the stress brought on by leaked medical info.... Barrera beat himself.

The Barrera who will show up this time will knock the block off Pacquiao. No fire in his camp, and no goofy media attacks over his personal health and medical issues this time around. If Roach was so sure that Barrera will be an easy fight for Pacquiao....then there would be no need to send a spy into Barrera's camp.

Roach can also make up all they pretty little names he want, such as "Manila Ice" and "Marco Bolo".... but let us not forget that Vanila Ice was a "one Hit Wonder" and Marco Polo is a blind man's game.

My final thoughts and opinions: Pacquiao's days are numbered and this time Barrera wins.... and hopefully we will all see Pacquiao for what his is worth.... a Philippino-Media Hype Job.

i saw their first fight again last night on solar sports... Pacquiao was phenomenal- His speed and power was consistent and unbelievably sustained from the first round up until Barerra's corner finally called it. That was simply one of the most amazing fights you could see ever. Pacquiao beat Barerras ass good and proper, Barrera was genuinely shocked when he realized what was happening -HE had never been punched around like that before. EVER. and it shocked the s@%t out of him.- SO much as to even throw a cheap shot and get a point deducted--definitely NOT his game. Watch that fight again... WATCH IT. strait up Barrera got OWNED.

However,... im thinking this coming rematch might not be such a one-way fight this time. If Barerra did his homework this time- unlike last time (they obviously underestimated pacquiao the first time. Obviously-- even heard them saying "he doesnt have anything" in Barerras corner in the 6th round as a psyche up tactic for poor old B. tsktsk.).. he might actually have a chance.

By the way... spying is not low.- Its Brilliant.

I wont say anything about Barrera now because i havent seen him yet... So only time will tell. But for past-time sake... he got totally destroyed that first time. I'd never seen so many Mexicans Cry.

^^^

guys...honestly, do you think roach is stupid enough to announce that he has a mole in the barrera camp in public?

if he did, wouldn't it be a more strategic move to keep things secret for the time being.

i've haven't checked in with odd makers yet...but manny is likely to defeat barrera come october.

not because manny is a better fighter but because marco antonio barrera has been in one too many fights already...this may be his way of bowing out of the sport that he loves and finally hanging up his gloves.

nice prediction...hope it's precise though!

all i can say is...just do your best Manny!

^^^

guys...honestly, do you think roach is stupid enough to announce that he has a mole in the barrera camp in public?

if he did, wouldn't it be a more strategic move to keep things secret for the time being.

I believe this is a psywar... just to get in the head of Barrera camp. Iniisip din siguro ng kampo ni Manny na talagang naghahanda si Barrera and will pull out a surprise come fight night...

Or this fight have already been decided before it even started? I have a feeling that Manny will lost by a decision thereby setting up a one final bout with Barrera, laking pera nun sigurado, a trilogy of epic proportions ang drama nila dito... Sana mali ako...

dammit, there goes that Manila Ice bullcrap again, laban pa lng ni Marquez narinig ko na yan.. nadagdagan pa, ano daw? Marco Bolo? writer yata ng Bubble Gang yang mga PR staff ni Manny e..

why can't they just shut up and train Manny's a** off? ika nga, do your talking in the ring, unless there's something that bothers you so much in Barrera that you need to distract him so bad he'll be messed up when fight night comes..