Trance, Rave, House Music, Progressive...

hotchic_primrose

I have the three house sessions album of Anton Ramos. It is true that the tracks are not his, that is why it is called a "MIXED CD". The one thing good about him is that he has introduced the genre to wider audience that lead to the awareness of House and WE SHOULD GIVE HIM CREDIT FOR THAT. SPREAD THE LOVE , SPREAD THE MUSIC - HOUSE. Through his albums I guess people became more aware the genre and got introduced to HED KANDI label, artists like KASKADE, BONNIE BAILEY, SOLU MUSIC, ERIC KUPPER etc.,

Electronica critics and some local DJs blame him for the overplayed and overplayed and overplayed EVERAFTER track that became anthem for some time now. People go crazy on the floor with this track during at its peak of popularity which is a big reward and delight to whoever is spinning inside a club. So please, DO NOT CALL HIM A WACK. IF YOU CANNOT IDENTIFY WHAT HOUSE MUSIC IS. IT IS ALL ABOUT R.E.S.P.E.C.T. buddy.

Anton can be an inspiration to any struggling artist out there which the the start of a growing list that would benefit Electronica and Dance music fans.

P-EACE

L-OVE

U-UNITY

R-ESPECT

I have the three house sessions album of Anton Ramos. It is true that the tracks are not his, that is why it is called a "MIXED CD". The one thing good about him is that he has introduced the genre to wider audience that lead to the awareness of House and WE SHOULD GIVE HIM CREDIT FOR THAT. SPREAD THE LOVE , SPREAD THE MUSIC - HOUSE. Through his albums I guess people became more aware the genre and got introduced to HED KANDI label, artists like KASKADE, BONNIE BAILEY, SOLU MUSIC, ERIC KUPPER etc.,

Electronica critics and some local DJs blame him for the overplayed and overplayed and overplayed EVERAFTER track that became anthem for some time now. People go crazy on the floor with this track during at its peak of popularity which is a big reward and delight to whoever is spinning inside a club. So please, DO NOT CALL HIM A WACK. IF YOU CANNOT IDENTIFY WHAT HOUSE MUSIC IS. IT IS ALL ABOUT R.E.S.P.E.C.T. buddy.

Anton can be an inspiration to any struggling artist out there which the the start of a growing list that would benefit Electronica and Dance music fans.

P-EACE

L-OVE

U-UNITY

R-ESPECT

Hahaha! you must think that im a novice. Look buddy! i've been in the scene for ages and I do know my s@%t. I was not referring to his album and yes I know it was a "compilation CD"I was referring to his style. He usually copies sets from other DJ's and he doesn't have his own style. If you observe his sets (the once that he didn't copy) very mainstream and hindi siya house sets. He dosen't know when to pick up the pace or where to place the "Peak" of each set.

If you've been listening to electronica, house, trance, breakbeats, triphop, darkcore or whatever genre like i do, you'd recognize those details. Sure i'd give him credit for being a mainstream DJ but not a house DJ. If you know all this things then you wont tell me that I dont know house music.

If you dig anton's style then go ahead admire him, I wont question your taste in music because that's not P.L.U.R. Electronica is not just a genre, it's a lifestyle.

The style of anton ramos is WACK because it is WACK! if you dont agree with me then that's your opinion.

wow! meron pa lang mga electronic music lovers dito.

hey I live in Los Angeles California

i'm a house/trance/techno dj

do you guys think it would be a good idea for me to bring my records to the Philippines?

I have alot of house/trance/techno records (yes im a vinyl dj and will always be)

maybe I can do a broadcast of me mixing for all you electronic music lovers?

does turntables still exist in the Philippines? or is it all cds?

I havent been to the Philippines for YEARS! so I dont know any

wow! meron pa lang mga electronic music lovers dito.

hey I live in Los Angeles California

i'm a house/trance/techno dj

do you guys think it would be a good idea for me to bring my records to the Philippines?

I have alot of house/trance/techno records (yes im a vinyl dj and will always be)

maybe I can do a broadcast of me mixing for all you electronic music lovers?

does turntables still exist in the Philippines? or is it all cds?

I havent been to the Philippines for YEARS! so I dont know any

Its sad to say that turntables died in this country...the electronic scene here is getting noticed, more peeps love house and big dj's like paul and tiesto came over.

All my life, I've been a vinyl enthusiast, the last time, I was at this small shop at makati cinena square, it has some classics but no electronic genre..And Megamixx closed down shop!

And I wish people who loves electronic music will appreciate what a vinyl is in the club culture. All you hear and read is that they have this new cd compilation, where you just can download over limewire. I dont blame them, its economic I guess.

Much respect to you "natakuzen" for keeping the vynil alive.

Message ok, if your coming home, I still have my turntables, maybe we can just jam for a night, no cd's.

Hahaha! you must think that im a novice. Look buddy! i've been in the scene for ages and I do know my s@%t. I was not referring to his album and yes I know it was a "compilation CD"I was referring to his style. He usually copies sets from other DJ's and he doesn't have his own style. If you observe his sets (the once that he didn't copy) very mainstream and hindi siya house sets. He dosen't know when to pick up the pace or where to place the "Peak" of each set.

If you've been listening to electronica, house, trance, breakbeats, triphop, darkcore or whatever genre like i do, you'd recognize those details. Sure i'd give him credit for being a mainstream DJ but not a house DJ. If you know all this things then you wont tell me that I dont know house music.

If you dig anton's style then go ahead admire him, I wont question your taste in music because that's not P.L.U.R. Electronica is not just a genre, it's a lifestyle.

The style of anton ramos is WACK because it is WACK! if you dont agree with me then that's your opinion.

NICE OPINIONS YOU GUYS HAVE.HEHEHE

HEAR MY OPINION: ANTON IS WACK , AND I DONT CARE. PEOPLE DONT GIVE A DAMN IF HE IS WACK OR NOT, BUT WE CAN GIVE HIM CREDIT FOR KEEPING THE SCENE. ANY DJ'S CAN SPIN LIKE HIM , THAT SIMPLE. BUT IF YOU REALLY DIG DEEP, WE PINOY ELECTRONIC LOVERS ARE JUST LOVERS, ITS NOT OUR MUSIC AND NOT OUR CULTURE.

TO GIVE YOU AN ANALOGY.

WHY WOULD I BUY A REGINE VELASQUES CD WHEN WE CAN HAVE MARIAH CAREY?

WHY WOULD I BUY AN ANTON RAMOS CD WHEN THERE IS MINISTRY OF SOUND?

GO FIGURE . WHY?

I GUESS WE HAVE A TASTE WHICH IS DIFFERENT FROM THE MASSES.

HOPE WE WORK TOGETHER TO KEEP THE SCENE.

For thouse who haven't been in-touch with the pinoy electronica scene, local filipino artists and DJ's have been releasing house/electronica albums for the past 5 years already. They're indie artist and their sounds are way better that those released by mainstream DJ's.

This guys understand what really house music is but are seldom played on the radio because they are not mainstream. They dont conform to what's "uso" but rather create music that's real and not recycled. Artists like NEON8, silverfilter, wolfmann (God Bless his soul), emorej, optical freak, acid42 just to name a few.

If we want to keep the scene alive, we need to support artist that creates and understand the real music.

Support our local artits, Support real music

visit www.electronicamanila.com

For thouse who haven't been in-touch with the pinoy electronica scene, local filipino artists and DJ's have been releasing house/electronica albums for the past 5 years already. They're indie artist and their sounds are way better that those released by mainstream DJ's.

This guys understand what really house music is but are seldom played on the radio because they are not mainstream. They dont conform to what's "uso" but rather create music that's real and not recycled. Artists like NEON8, silverfilter, wolfmann (God Bless his soul), emorej, optical freak, acid42 just to name a few.

If we want to keep the scene alive, we need to support artist that creates and understand the real music.

yup i agree with this....and basta once nagplay na any house or trance music sa radio...kakainis na pakingan...hangang ngayon pinapatugtog pa din ang moony sa bars and everyone still loves it...grrrrrr...

Thanks for admitting that Anton should be credited for the spreading awareness of the genre by releasing an album locally. As far as I know no other local DJ has done this before.

My opinion...Anton Ramos is not really an artist, he is an entreprenuer, he owns MUSIC ONE( if im not mistaken)..but he should be credited.

The first dj who released a dance album that was really far out was DJ OMAR the Animal..yap.it was during the GERMAN RAVE TECHNO SCENE in early 90's. So if you really with the scene here in Pinas since day one, im sure you still have the tape, and I am still looking for it.

So local dj's are too many and too underground, why? because they cant afford to press an album. As a point of view of a Music Distributor like WARNER,BMG OR SONY GALAXY, why would I spend money or invest on a local DJ's mix when next thing you now no one will buy it, except me DJ THERMITES and DJ BIGBONER?

Those company would rather push the records of April Boy or Parokya coz they know they will make money out of it.

Why did MEGAMIXX Record Bar Closed shop?

But Anton Ramos, for the Love of House with all his money sold and promoted the music he loves, thats what's makes him an artist or shall I say to show off his friends that Listenning to House is cool.

By the way,one of the Best DJ that we had here in Pinas is John Robinson, now in TOKYO.

My opinion...Anton Ramos is not really an artist, he is an entreprenuer, he owns MUSIC ONE( if im not mistaken)..but he should be credited.

The first dj who released a dance album that was really far out was DJ OMAR the Animal..yap.it was during the GERMAN RAVE TECHNO SCENE in early 90's. So if you really with the scene here in Pinas since day one, im sure you still have the tape, and I am still looking for it.

So local dj's are too many and too underground, why? because they cant afford to press an album. As a point of view of a Music Distributor like WARNER,BMG OR SONY GALAXY, why would I spend money or invest on a local DJ's mix when next thing you now no one will buy it, except me DJ THERMITES and DJ BIGBONER?

Those company would rather push the records of April Boy or Parokya coz they know they will make money out of it.

Why did MEGAMIXX Record Bar Closed shop?

But Anton Ramos, for the Love of House with all his money sold and promoted the music he loves, thats what's makes him an artist or shall I say to show off his friends that Listenning to House is cool.

By the way,one of the Best DJ that we had here in Pinas is John Robinson, now in TOKYO.

MISMO!! i can't blame them if they wanna make money pero those big companies are killing unknow filipino talents. Well that's business talaga. That's why their making the dance scene mainstream na.

Yup I have the omar the animal tape. Nagustuhan ko yung "Let the bass kick"

John Robinson is really based sa japan, I heard him spin noon sa culture club before naging jologs ang culture club. Last time na narinig ko siya mag spin was at the fort about 2 years ago. Galing niya sa japanese techno, parang ken ishii

I have been reading the posts here.

A DJ has several connotations. The ones on radio and the ones who mix at the club. But as Judge Jules would say, the DJ should make his own music so that the DJ has something unique or exclusive to offer the club goers. At the same time, his own music gives people something to identify and associate the DJ with. That is why it is important that the DJ makes his own music and plays them and hopes that the club goers go wild and rave over his sound.

And as Bob Sinclar would say, the DJ is a cynic of all music, but first, he is here to make you dance.

Quite unfortunately, most of the music industry here are pop based and radio oriented and will sell what the masses would buy. Although there are less noticeable labels or spin-off enterprises that carry Ministry of Sound and Hed Kandi CDs.

As for Mega Mixx, their prices were unreasonably very expensive. They sold records or CDs over and above the price in the US converted to Peso. But technology caught up with that store. The dawn of music downloads and CD burning probably did that store in. We can now download and burn a disc at way lesser price than Mega Mixx with good quality CD sound.

MISMO!! i can't blame them if they wanna make money pero those big companies are killing unknow filipino talents. Well that's business talaga. That's why their making the dance scene mainstream na.

Yup I have the omar the animal tape. Nagustuhan ko yung "Let the bass kick"

John Robinson is really based sa japan, I heard him spin noon sa culture club before naging jologs ang culture club. Last time na narinig ko siya mag spin was at the fort about 2 years ago. Galing niya sa japanese techno, parang ken ishii

yep john robinson..he was a rapper too..during the francis m ..yes yes yo period. he had a rendition of a mike francis hit.

Wow, you had the omar the animal tape? can i have a copy? please...

I have been reading the posts here.

A DJ has several connotations. The ones on radio and the ones who mix at the club. But as Judge Jules would say, the DJ should make his own music so that the DJ has something unique or exclusive to offer the club goers. At the same time, his own music gives people something to identify and associate the DJ with. That is why it is important that the DJ makes his own music and plays them and hopes that the club goers go wild and rave over his sound.

And as Bob Sinclar would say, the DJ is a cynic of all music, but first, he is here to make you dance.

Quite unfortunately, most of the music industry here are pop based and radio oriented and will sell what the masses would buy. Although there are less noticeable labels or spin-off enterprises that carry Ministry of Sound and Hed Kandi CDs.

As for Mega Mixx, their prices were unreasonably very expensive. They sold records or CDs over and above the price in the US converted to Peso. But technology caught up with that store. The dawn of music downloads and CD burning probably did that store in. We can now download and burn a disc at way lesser price than Mega Mixx with good quality CD sound.

!ESTE VERDAD!

WITH THE ADVENT OF MIXERS WITH MIDI TRIGGERS, A DJ TO BE ON TOP SHOULD KEEP THE EXCLUSIVITY.

AT PAUL VAN DYKE'S EVENT, HE WAS USING LAPTOP, AND I BET HE DID SOME ON THE FLY TRACK REMIXES DURING HIS SET. AND HE JUST AQUIRED THE LATEST FROM ALLEN AND HEATH WITH MIDI TRIGGERS! WOW!

AND TIESTO'S, HE WAS USING CDJ'S 1000, AND WITH MY FRIEND TOLD ME IT WAS PRE MIXED!!!

NOW TIESTO IS NUMERO 3!!! AT DJ MAGS TOP 100 WWW.DJMAG.COM

MY POINT IS THESE DJ'S DOES NOT ONLY PRODUCED BUT DOING SOME EXCLUSIVE s@%t WITH THEIR SET...

YOU ARE RIGHT HITMAN...YOU ARE MAN..

BEST WAY TO SUPPORT THE LOCAL SCENE IS NOT TO BUY LOCAL CD'S.

JUST KIDDING...

Its sad to say that turntables died in this country...the electronic scene here is getting noticed, more peeps love house and big dj's like paul and tiesto came over.

All my life, I've been a vinyl enthusiast, the last time, I was at this small shop at makati cinena square, it has some classics but no electronic genre..And Megamixx closed down shop!

And I wish people who loves electronic music will appreciate what a vinyl is in the club culture. All you hear and read is that they have this new cd compilation, where you just can download over limewire. I dont blame them, its economic I guess.

Much respect to you "natakuzen" for keeping the vynil alive.

Message ok, if your coming home, I still have my turntables, maybe we can just jam for a night, no cd's.

will do. :)

..uh, i didnt even know we had local electronica artists. what/where record stores can i buy their albums?? :unsure:

..uh, i didnt even know we had local electronica artists. what/where record stores can i buy their albums?? :unsure:

We have really good electronica artists here, the artist which I think that really made it was the DANCE/HIP HOP GROUP KULAY(much respect to BOOM Dayupay) they released an album way way back in the 90's, one track entitled "BURN" made it in UK's Dance Chart and if I not mistaken remixed by millionaire dj NORMAN COOK (slimboyfat). not really sure but we can ask HITMAN, he knows a lot of music stuff.

KULAY was even endorsing PEPSI Products too. Anyways, just like any artist they are gone(sad) because that was the time when the BAND SCENE dominated, and KULAY was more into URBAN GENRE. Not Radio Friendly.

I have checked the elecronicamanila.com site. And its ok.

I even downloaded "move it"...

remember this...anybody can make music, but only a few can make a hit.