What kind of foods touches the "senti" in you?

Like,

macaroni soup with evaporated milk - brings back my childhood memories of my mom serving this to me whenever i am sick, or

Master Spanish Sardines - istudyante pa lang ako noon, at isang lata nito, napapakain kaming 8 magbabarkada ... dinadaan na lang sa kanin.  Simot talaga ito pati mantika, hehehe!

Sarsi with egg.  paborito ng tatay at kuya ko.  If I want them to smile, bigyan ko lang sila nito.

gusto ko pa rin yung puto seko na nabibili sa bus stations sa province

Beef Mami at LingNam and Makimi of Panciteria New Manosa- memories with my late father

Chilidog at 7-Eleven - used to eat this almost every night when I was on 24 hour duty as a Clerk(4th year medicine). Has deteriorated in quality though

Choco Vim- why don't they make this anymore?

Tarzan and Texas bubble gum - my favorite when I was a kid

• 3 weeks later...

Pares with friends rice - during our time when we were reviewing for the board (almost everyday sa Pares king)

Goto at itlog - my happiest working moments in EPZA rosario, with my buddies and board mates......

Lucky me beef with egg - our first monthsary (I was really broke back then :-( )

chicken curry. why? i was in singapore then and a bit nostalgic. i was looking for a filipino dish at the Sentosa area. i was glad to find chicken curry. i hurriedly bought it and ate it. to my disgust, it doesnt taste like my mother's cooking. it has a strong curry flavor. but it's ok, at least it was a familiar dish.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

halo halo reminds me of my parents's hometown in the philippines where we used to go every summer and buy 12 glasses of halo-halo almost every day. :D

and

hot milk (heated in the microwave) cuz i used to heat some milk every night for my grandma before she got really sick. it reminds me of the good old days and the conversations we had while she would sip that milk. :(

• 2 months later...