• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.

Had a discharge nung May 2010 so i decided to have it checked. got an Culture and Sensetivity test from an hospital and diagnose it as "staphylococous epydimidis". It also has the right medicine sensitive for it, one includes clyndamicin. Took it for 2 weeks but not consecutive because the medicine was expensive. Did one week straight, stopped for 2 weeks then took it again for a week straight (the 2nd was w/out no doctors advice, its just for me to b sure). Now i dont have any discharge but how do i know if im already safe?, ive only taken the urinalysis C&S but found nothing. How do you say that your perfectly clear.? even if i go to the doctor they would say im already ok.

Had a discharge nung May 2010 so i decided to have it checked. got an Culture and Sensetivity test from an hospital and diagnose it as "staphylococous epydimidis". It also has the right medicine sensitive for it, one includes clyndamicin. Took it for 2 weeks but not consecutive because the medicine was expensive. Did one week straight, stopped for 2 weeks then took it again for a week straight (the 2nd was w/out no doctors advice, its just for me to b sure). Now i dont have any discharge but how do i know if im already safe?, ive only taken the urinalysis C&S but found nothing. How do you say that your perfectly clear.? even if i go to the doctor they would say im already ok.

i have also read this article

Treatment

As S. epidermidis is part of the human normal flora, it has developed resistance to many common antibiotics such as methicillin, novobiocin, clindamycin, and benzyl penicillin. As a result, vancomycin or rifampin is used to treat an infection. (#4 WWW)

does this mean i have to take vancomycin or rifampin?

You can be considered disease free if you don't have any more urinary symptoms such as discharge or pain on urination, a clean urinalysis, and a clean urine gram stain or urine culture and sensitivity. You should, however, have a HIV test done if you had a prior sexual encounter before you had the discharge to rule out if you have a HIV infection.

Dont worry about the resistant strains if your diagnostics test and clinical picture shows your fine.

I'm not a doctor, but you're much safer using a condom than without.

However, not all STDs can be prevented by a condom.

One STD you can get even with a condom on is Herpes;

there are parts not covered by the condom, and can be infectious.

But again, better safe with a condom. :)

Mga docs, what are the chances of getting stds if you're doing it with a condom? Thanks

• 2 weeks later...