share your thoughts...

#2 id6230

id6230

Lover

• (06) Chronic Poster
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1200 posts

Posted 24 October 2007 - 11:32 AM

A good watch for the "active" individual. You can collect data and download it in your computer.

#3 capt KK

capt KK

batang_yakult

• (06) Chronic Poster
  • 1176 posts
  • Interests:travels
    watches
    cars

Posted 27 October 2007 - 07:08 PM

pros n cons about this watch?

#4 StarEye

StarEye

Chaser

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 05 November 2007 - 09:51 AM

Suunto makes the very top-of-the-line sports instrument for almost any outdoor activity (mountaineering, running, boating..etc). They also make dive computers that double as a watch when you're not underwater. My only complaint as far as dive computers is that diving is an all or nothing sport; meaning that you're either very safe with your computer and equipment or you're dead. So I would be more comfortable with a company that ONLY makes dive computers like Apeks rather than one that makes several sports instruments. My friend has the Mosquito and although he sometimes wears it as a watch it really looks kinda big and clunky.

#5 Guest_lustfortravel_*

Guest_lustfortravel_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 November 2007 - 12:59 PM

I use a Suunto mosquito and I haven't had any problems with it. it is nitrox-capable,compact and there is a built-in log software. my only problem with it is it doesnt have a mac support but i have a pc so it's not a major concern.

#6 jjb

jjb

Hottie

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 08 November 2007 - 05:48 PM

Posted Nov 5 2007, 09:51 AM
Suunto makes the very top-of-the-line sports instrument for almost any outdoor activity (mountaineering, running, boating..etc). They also make dive computers that double as a watch when you're not underwater. My only complaint as far as dive computers is that diving is an all or nothing sport; meaning that you're either very safe with your computer and equipment or you're dead. So I would be more comfortable with a company that ONLY makes dive computers like Apeks rather than one that makes several sports instruments. My friend has the Mosquito and although he sometimes wears it as a watch it really looks kinda big and clunky.

Actually, Suunto is one of the more specialized watch makers, as mentioned they do a lot of watches for outdoor activities and are well known for that. They have their own software for their dive watches. I just read an article in an English dive magazine that that Seiko did the last watch/dive computer for Apeks. Seiko also did the Mares Nemo Sport fyi.....

#7 id6230

id6230

Lover

• (06) Chronic Poster
  • 1200 posts

Posted 09 November 2007 - 12:42 AM

I use a Suunto mosquito and I haven't had any problems with it. it is nitrox-capable,compact and there is a built-in log software. my only problem with it is it doesnt have a mac support but i have a pc so it's not a major concern.

In a span of 2.5 years and had logged 40 dives, mine leaked and had to have it service which cost about the same as buying a new one.

#8 Guest_lustfortravel_*

Guest_lustfortravel_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 November 2007 - 01:30 PM

In a span of 2.5 years and had logged 40 dives, mine leaked and had to have it service which cost about the same as buying a new one.

really? i had mine for over 4 years now and has logged more than 300 dives and i still don't have any problem with it. maybe i'm just lucky :)

#9 Mild Seven

Mild Seven

Sensualist

• (10) Super Poster
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4832 posts

Posted 09 November 2007 - 05:20 PM

i don't dive but i do have 2 sunto watches, a regatta (white) and a vector (brown), almost the same actually. plan to get a 3rd one as a xmas gift to myself this year, a green or pink one.

#10 Guest_I Lucifer_*

Guest_I Lucifer_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 November 2007 - 05:35 AM

I've had a Suunto Mosquito since 2001 and it's still working as well as it did the day i bought it. Over 1000 dives and its never given me a problem.

#11 airgunmarrio

airgunmarrio

Libertine

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 830 posts

Posted 29 November 2007 - 03:18 PM

got 2 vectors, black ang green, both are good to me all function or most are well used, when we go hunting and camping, i dont dive, but during hunts it take the worst beating from rain to mud to vegitation, i love this watch, its lite and rugged, i think, its a very good buy considering its kinada expensive, 16k i think its price now,

go get one, be one of the very few, :thumbsupsmiley:

#12 dmilkman

dmilkman

Looker

• (03) Newbie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 05 December 2007 - 06:25 PM

have an x-lander for 3years now, no special activity for it... just to tell time. but i love the size, the alarms, compass and altimeter.

#13 capt KK

capt KK

batang_yakult

• (06) Chronic Poster
  • 1176 posts
  • Interests:travels
    watches
    cars

Posted 08 December 2007 - 07:35 PM

Whatever your passion - marine, golf, snow sports, cross sports or diving - Suunto dive computers and instruments, wristop computers, field and marine compasses and other tailored precision instruments help you to exceed yourself.

Suunto instruments remove insecurity caused by uncertainty. With the best tools, it is safer to push your boundaries. To get the most out of your sport, harness all essential information for your benefit - instantly during the performance.

:)

#14 fritz_dls

fritz_dls

Chaser

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 15 February 2008 - 05:39 AM

got a suunto xlander. havent used it for anything special but looks nice and so far it has been working perfectly fine for the past 2 years.

#15 steyr

steyr

steyr

• (08) Fanatical Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2740 posts
  • Interests:basketball

Posted 09 March 2008 - 06:17 PM

aba maganda pala itong suunto... titingin nga ako... :)

#16 id6230

id6230

Lover

• (06) Chronic Poster
  • 1200 posts

Posted 09 March 2008 - 11:50 PM

I finally replaced my Suunto(Diving) with a Casio Pathfinder (Diving). I have used it for 12 dives and so far so good. My Suunto is still working after the repair but I just wanted to try the Pathfinder. It has cool features too.

#17 -----'-(-@

-----'-(-@

Charmer

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 12:54 PM

D9

#18 Mild Seven

Mild Seven

Sensualist

• (10) Super Poster
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4832 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 05:10 PM

am about to get my 3rd suunto watch, a green vector....damn wala na daw yung pink one....only consolacion is that they have cut the price down on some of the models, am just getting this one for around 10k....i know the price before was around 15k.

#19 johnleslie

johnleslie

Devirginized

• (04) Casual
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 09:22 PM

black vector for 3 years now, use it mostly for hikes..very cool..works best with my gps..plus DIY battery change..:)

black vector for 3 years now, use it mostly for hikes..very cool..works best with my gps..plus DIY battery change..:)

#20 azayco

azayco

I am not BizMan. Piz Man!

• (07) Avid Member
  • 1994 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 09:08 AM

I have a T3 used mostly for running (I have the foot pod too). I have been using it for almost 2 years now.

I have to say though that I prefer to use my G-shock for running.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users