Pet Peeves At The Pool
Posted 22 February 2008 - 07:32 PM
1. not in proper swimming attire (i.e. maong shorts, long sleeved blouses)
2. those who feel like they own the place
3. those who stand in the pool and hate you because you splashed on them when you're trying to swim to the other side of the pool.
4. those who sit and stay at the steps of the pool and then get angry because you bumped into them while trying to get out of the pool.
5. basically people who do not have the manners to actually enjoy the benefits of swimming in a public pool
Posted 06 July 2008 - 06:58 AM
I remember one instance when a family of bumbays joined in sa swimming area pero for some reason nakipagbungangaan pa sa mga lifeguard. punta sila sa leisure pool area. Magsi swimming na sila - NA NAKAMAONG PANTS! the same clothes they were wearing pagdating sa pool. Believe me peeps as soon as they got to the water, nag alisan na ung ibang mga tao sa pool. it was like sila lang ang tao doon at may ari ng leisure area hanggang umuwi na ung mga leisure swimmers. buti na lang di sila nagpunta sa lap pool
Posted 06 August 2010 - 10:45 PM
that gf and bf are using the lap pool to do something fishy in the pool..since lap pools are most of the time empty..
is this in Club Manila East?
i always encounter pairs like these..
remember..if they are not swimmers, and they are couples and they are in the lap pool..something fishy is going on ..
Kasi nga "lap pool" daw, so doon sila naglalaplapan. Corny, I know, I know
Posted 11 August 2010 - 10:16 AM
1) Ask the person(s) in the lane you are joining if you can share the lane. It's called common courtesy.
2) Swim on the right side of the lane (i.e., swim in a counterclockwise direction)
3) Make sure your swimming abilities are similar to the persons already in the lane you are joining. In other words, don't join the fast swimmers if you are a slow swimmer.
Posted 12 August 2010 - 03:40 AM
Posted 16 August 2010 - 10:53 AM
Also when toddlers swim na naka pampers lang or brief or worst yet nakahubad lang
Posted 13 October 2010 - 12:19 PM
Learner's of swimming should be coralled to one side of the pool.
Kids should be taught not to splash water to strangers.
don't eat or drink on the pool, if you want to do that, step out of the pool.
pool games , pool basketball, volleyball, should be done somewhere , were the pool is designated as a pool for sports.
Don't use the driving board as if it is yours, everybody else has a crack on that.
Posted 08 May 2012 - 02:50 PM
Posted 01 June 2012 - 08:13 PM
Our pool at the house is also very small for a swimmer like me. So I go to the country club. It's fine, you have very few competitors.
I like the one in Ateneo (both grade school and Moro Lorenzo) coz they impose the proper rules all the time.
Posted 02 October 2012 - 06:19 PM
Posted 08 December 2012 - 01:36 AM
Posted 09 April 2015 - 12:28 AM
People who don't know how to use the lane properly.
Not in proper swimming attire.
Guys who come up to girls and introduce themselves. A lot of us there, are actually just to work out and not socialize. Unless you're a better swimmer than I am.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users