Wolfgang OR Razorback?

reix

i honestly think hindi ganun kagaling si wolf. i even remember comments about him, that he commits the most mistakes while they were doing their albums befofe. and the drum tracks arent that great din naman. it doesn't amaze me.

exactly

wolf's not bad, but his beats are well...boring. Then again when Miguel was still drumming for Razorback it was the same thing too, straight rock beats - but with razorback it suited them fine because it melded into the songs really well. Wolfgang was supposed to be harder and faster but we got the same basic beats. Imagine if they had a drummer like robert dela cruz (skychurch) beating the skins for wolfgang. that would be monumental.

exactly

wolf's not bad, but his beats are well...boring. Then again when Miguel was still drumming for Razorback it was the same thing too, straight rock beats - but with razorback it suited them fine because it melded into the songs really well. Wolfgang was supposed to be harder and faster but we got the same basic beats. Imagine if they had a drummer like robert dela cruz (skychurch) beating the skins for wolfgang. that would be monumental.

i agree with you on this. he is the weakest link IMO.

• 8 months later...

Both bands have their own unique rock sound which is their claim to fame. RB has more of that bluesy,raw rock sound while wolfgang has that trash metal kinda feel aka metallica during the late 80's anyhow i love both of them but since I own more wolfgang albums (and consequently listem to more of their songs) WOLFGANG ako.

BTW, to that dude who says may pagkamayabang si Wolf Gemora I disagree with you man. Back in college we saw him once at megamall (sa Tower Records) and my bandmate got an autograph from him right then and there he even wished us luck. We bumped into him a couple more times sa mega during the ff week and he even nodded at us when we saw him again. naalala pa kame. kewl.

It's ironic that Wolfgang got formed because they were huge fans of Razorback. Not to take anything away from Razorback, but I think Wolfgang has surpassed them in terms of musicality. They're a bit classy for Pinoy rock but it's amazing how rockers from all walks of life dig their music. They're just amazing!