Data Recovery

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:thumbsupsmiley:

aahh yess.. the good old freezing HDD technique..

check my forum for it.

it worked for me but for a diffrent case.. hdd was ticking and wont boot to windows.

may not be the solution for your case as this might make things worse...

but its just me.

be sure to use the ZIPlock bags and squeeze out the air to avoid condensation in the HDD. please post back the details.

• 2 weeks later...
my ancient laptop circa 1999 ayaw na mag boot.

i just want to recover whatever files i havre on the hard drive and throw the old laptop away.

how can i do this?

can some techie on MTC please send me suggestions via private message

salamat

try to slap it in an enclosure then stick it to another computer/laptop

• 1 month later...

subukan mo yung software na "get data back" kasi yung external hard disk ko na recover ko yung mga files. kahit nabura mo na yung files makikita mo rin. kapag ayaw pa rin baka sira na yun hard disk mo. kelangan mo lang ng primary disk. bale magiging secondary disk yun i rerecover mo.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I need help about my portable external HD (Seagate FreeAgent Go 500gb w/ 20gb+ free disk space remaining).

Day 1 - I was copying a file from my external HD to a USB flash drive when it hanged. I restarted my laptop and tried it again but still, it hanged. So, I gave it a rest.

Day 3 - I tried to access my external HD again but it can't be detected by my laptop anymore. A driver was asked and searched for it, but still unsuccessful. The light was blinking and I heard a spinning noise inside. I tried to plug it on my PC and gave me the same result.

Day 4 - I tried it again but that time, no more spinning sound, just a blinking light.

Hope someone could help me with this problem. Thanks in advance. :)

• 3 months later...

Hi Cindy,

You've tried in on a different PC, yes? Could you try a different USB port? Preferably the ones at the back of your computer. Or, if you have a spare USB cable which fits to your HDD, then by all means, please try it as well.

I have experienced something similar to it before, as I was using a notebook. I thought it was something related to the power of the notebook, but figures that I shouldn't push the USB cable all the way deep into the USB port of the notebook.

• 4 months later...

Here's a good program that can recover accidentally deleted files from the HDD. Even if it has deleted by a virus.

Used it a couple of times and was satisfied with the results. Un nga lang, hindi ko pa nasubukan na gamitin ito sa mga hindi na ma-detect na HDD....

Try it out : Recuva

www.piriform.com/recuva

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

MTC bros & IT prof:

pls help: external drive WD brand 500 Gb.

my brother just copied files from my ext drive.

but the problem now, its not accessible anymore.

i downloaded a data recovery but its not

successful after using such D.R.

pls give me some more clarification or

steps to do so that i can use this external drive.

thank you

Edited by rc36
  • 1 month later...

MTC bros & IT prof:

pls help: external drive WD brand 500 Gb.

my brother just copied files from my ext drive.

but the problem now, its not accessible anymore.

i downloaded a data recovery but its not

successful after using such D.R.

pls give me some more clarification or

steps to do so that i can use this external drive.

thank you

Ewan ko lang kung kelangan mo pa itong reply ko kahit na more than a month na pero ito ang mga firststeps for troubleshooting:

1. Check mo kung may power ba na dumadaloy (sabi mo external drive so either may external power source yan or yung power ay through USB only)

2. Check if the drie can be detected by Windows

3. Check mo kung nakikita yung drive sa Drive Management ng Computer Management Console (right-click My Computer o Computer > select Manage > then select mo sa kaliwa Drive Management).

• 6 months later...

Dear all, any idea of someone or a company who specializes in data recovery? I badly need a referral.

An external HDD drive was dropped and the platters are no longer spinning after the accident. It may just be a hardware/mechanical problem for the spindle or the motor to which I think that can still be fixed.

Thanks in advance ^_^

Dear all, any idea of someone or a company who specializes in data recovery? I badly need a referral.

An external HDD drive was dropped and the platters are no longer spinning after the accident. It may just be a hardware/mechanical problem for the spindle or the motor to which I think that can still be fixed.

Thanks in advance ^_^

Try these bro. A bit pricey but they do the job well.

http://www.data-recovery-philippines.com/

http://werecoverdata.com/AS/Philippines/DataRecoveryPhilippines.htm

• 3 weeks later...

Dear computer users, let's all make it a habit to backup everything that we create immediately after creating them. In my own case, I write a lot of articles and the moment I finish writing one, I always back it up to the SD card on my laptop. Basta importante yung back up e wala sa loob ng computer like DVD disk or USB pen drive. If you're a bit paranoid, use 2 backup media say 1 sd card and 1 USB pen drive. Save kaagad sa dalawang external media once na ma create yung content. Kaya lang pag inupdate mo yung original, then update mo rin yung dalawang backups mo. Mabusisi but if something happens to your computer, doon mo mare realize yung rewards for your efforts. Sana po nakatulong.

• 3 years later...
  • 2 years later...