On 7/6/2023 at 9:31 AM, chukMendez said:

2 separates paths talaga yan eh. Hndi ka naman nagsisisi?

Python, learning Java

Di naman, though sometimes I miss being an individual contributor.. it was a simpler life.. but I love money more, and I find managing teams, projects, people, customers and finances to be more challenging. I still get to dive into in technical documentation every now and then(for fun) whenever I feel like double checking peer review/KM documents. I forgot to mention that before management, I jumped from Java to middleware.(java is used in a lot of middleware technologies).

On 7/20/2023 at 6:35 PM, bbmacdo said:

i sticked to development team kasi yung mga management path kong friends umaani ng mura lagi sa higher ups. ayaw ko ng dagdag na ganung stress kapag nagwowork. hope you're not too stressed being on the management side of things.

It can be very stressful, my first year in managing a large team I developed alopecia. After a successful stint with my small team I was tasked to manage a much larger one(3x the size) that just lost all but 2 senior resources. the new one lacked seniors causing a knowledge gap, poor morale which caused high attrition, and had a few toxic members that gave me high amounts of stress.(I eventually became friends with most of these folks: empathy, communication and understanding)

Mind you, I only said yes to the role since I was aware of how challenging it was, other folks they tried to bring in turned it down due to how bad the situation was.

At this same time, I was also tasked to lead a separate project as the lead technical consultant for a tool we were developing for an upcoming migration.

This was also the time that I lost a close family member of mine, which I supposed all added up.

In the end it was worth it, learned a lot, managed stress better, recovered my hair and upper management promoted me just after a year.

Sometimes, stress can be a good thing, as long as you know how to manage it and make it work for you.

On the "umaani ng mura" part, I simply do not tolerate such things. You should not let people push you around, no matter how high up they are. I treat my team with respect, so I always expect the same even from my superiors.

Learn to stand your ground, people will try to shit all over you, it is up to you to let them know that it will not be tolerated.

• 4 weeks later...

If you're looking for Custom Generator Set Controllers and or any Bespoke Power Generation Controller, with broad exposure and experienced designers and as a local leader in Automation designs, We present to you our flagship AC/DC Diesel GenSet Cobtroller made  especially for smart telecom..! But can also accommodate multitude of technical specific requirements..!

Selling GenSet Controller Diesel DC Generator Set ECU, Can be Custom Modified for AC GenSets for ₱40,000. Get it on Shopee now! https://shope.ee/9pAs186X3

• 1 month later...
44 minutes ago, Macktupaz said:

To the programming community, what is your opinion on the data science field? Difficult to learn and to enter? Big demand?

In my company, I know we're still heavily investing in this field.. it's not really too difficult to enter, you just need to have a good grasp of the fundamentals, a quick coursera course wouldn't hurt as well.

Personally, nowadays I'm more into AI and SAP ERP(this alone is huge, with multiple areas of discipline and industries).

Side note: Just get into the IT industry, while it would be good to get your technology preference.. it's more of a plus... get in, learn as much as you can, and do your best.

Edited by vanderboy