I Got Spyware In My Pc!

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

help po kung paano tangalin yung kumakalat na ym virus po yung nag ppm at nagbibigay ng site...

help po kung ano program gamitin pa matangal po toh o kaya steps pra malinis pc sa virus na toh.. salamt po...

ayaw ko po kc mag format mawawala yung mga files at iba pang important na documents.. salamat po sa mga sasagot..

• 2 weeks later...
help po kung paano tangalin yung kumakalat na ym virus po yung nag ppm at nagbibigay ng site...

help po kung ano program gamitin pa matangal po toh o kaya steps pra malinis pc sa virus na toh.. salamt po...

ayaw ko po kc mag format mawawala yung mga files at iba pang important na documents.. salamat po sa mga sasagot..

Try mo itong link na ito

YM Trojan

Iwasan nyong mag-visit ng link na may nsl-school.org

Edited by Joblow
  • 1 month later...

dami akong pop ups kung ano default email application ko, kung outlook sya maraming pop ups, kung hotmail ung login page nman ng hotmail ganun din ung sa yahoo.... mcafee walang nkkita e. adaware din wala rin kwenta. a format ko na pc ko after 2 days bmalik lang ung mdaming pop ups... may rundll32 sa system processes ko na madami minsan. umaabot sa 100+ ung pop ups kung hhayaan mo.. HELP!!!!

dami akong pop ups kung ano default email application ko, kung outlook sya maraming pop ups, kung hotmail ung login page nman ng hotmail ganun din ung sa yahoo.... mcafee walang nkkita e. adaware din wala rin kwenta. a format ko na pc ko after 2 days bmalik lang ung mdaming pop ups... may rundll32 sa system processes ko na madami minsan. umaabot sa 100+ ung pop ups kung hhayaan mo.. HELP!!!!

People, get urselves a decent firewall and an antivirus program. These are 2 things that are absolute pre-requisites whenever you have a PC that will want to connect to the internet. Sometimes spywares are detected as a virus, but in most cases, they are not... so get anti spywares as well.

To be really safe about it, never install any program that you don't know and dont understand. Specially something that you downloaded from the internet. You want to try out something? Make sure you have InstallShield running and you have your firewall running in the most restrictive mode. That way, if the program tries to do something illegal, your firewall flags you about it and you find out that the little f_cker is actually a trojan. Then you can cleanly uninstall it because of InstallShield. Some programs don't uninstall cleanly and they leave some stuff that can mess with your system. To really clear your system, the registry has to be clean as well... but NEVER manually touch your registry unless you absolutely know what you're doing.

Cleaning is only a temp solution. Reformatting is the same thing. As soon as you connect back to the internet, you have no idea how many hits you get from port scanners in just an hour of surfing...

Kaya when I Use YM delete ko kagad ung mga offline messages.

I tell my friends if they wanna pm me or ask me something pag online kami pareho.

Regarding viruses, ALWAYS update your definitions. It helps ALOT

Try using NOD32 or some better antivirus,Mcafee is good but it just doesnt detect much.

I used that before di kayang ma detec lahat ng virus. Spyware Doctor is trash IMO, puro fake na dedetect.

Webroot Spysweeper is good too. Spybot Search & Destroy or Counterspy.

:cool:

Edited by kUrTsKY
  • 3 weeks later...

Is your pc on windows?

Based on my experience, once your pc's infected, it's better to just reformat/reinstall windows. There are nasty malwares out there that dig deep into your OS' core that it's nearly impossible to totally get rid of them. Tried using different virus/spyware/malware removers and online scans to no avail. The time it takes to scan and clean your filesystem is almost as long as the reinstallation process anyway. :D

Backup your important files, do a fresh windows install(format drive c then install), install the right apps(I use Nod32 with internet monitor enabled and Spyware Search & Destroy but Nod32 is good enough) and avoid opening suspicious websites/files as much as possible - if you have to open shady websites - don't use Internet Explorer, try firefox or some other browser.

Just my two cents. :)

Is your pc on windows?

Based on my experience, once your pc's infected, it's better to just reformat/reinstall windows. There are nasty malwares out there that dig deep into your OS' core that it's nearly impossible to totally get rid of them. Tried using different virus/spyware/malware removers and online scans to no avail. The time it takes to scan and clean your filesystem is almost as long as the reinstallation process anyway. :D

Backup your important files, do a fresh windows install(format drive c then install), install the right apps(I use Nod32 with internet monitor enabled and Spyware Search & Destroy but Nod32 is good enough) and avoid opening suspicious websites/files as much as possible - if you have to open shady websites - don't use Internet Explorer, try firefox or some other browser.

Just my two cents. :)

I have to admit, there is some value to this. But I guess it depends on what you want to accomplish. If you just want to clean it, and based on your assesment, it will take longer to trace it out, then just fix the installation or do a clean install. I dont see why reformatting is necessary though.

Better yet, use tools like Norton Ghost to take an image of your PC immediately after installation/reinstallation so that it's easier than doing reinstalls. In fact in a lot of cases for helpdesk and technical support, they usually go with this option as this saves them time.

I have to say though... it does pay to work out the details and trace which actual processes are affected and which files got corrupted because this is the only way that you can really learn.

• 2 weeks later...
i honestly think that the best defense against these kinds of viruses is a bit of common sense ;)

2 cents

That is so true. A lot of viruses don't infect computers all by themselves yknow.

Edited by fry
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...