Computer Multi Monitor Setups: How To

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

help po. My pc automatically shuts down. Just started recently. It says "virtual memory minimum too low"

I did check the memory at malaki pa yung space na free. So what could be the problem?

Hay...hope somebody could help me with this....

I get the same message when running resource-intensive applications such as Adobe Photoshop and InDesign. I don't get automatic shutdown though.

Anyway, "virtual memory" is dependent on how much space you have on your hard disk. It's supposed to boost the system memory (or RAM) when it's not enough to keep your programs running. In my case, my computer has just 240MB of system memory (pretty low for today's standards) and around 5GB of free hard disk space left.

My theory is an increase in RAM should resolve the problem, at least for my six-year-old PC. Buying RAM is somewhat of a chore for non-techies though as the form factor of the RAM modules themselves has changed, and it can be confusing to get which exactly will fit your motherboard. I didn't know DDR1 RAM chips had different clock speeds, for instance.

I hope this helps.

Edited by bogliboi_blue

Check from your Task Manager how many svchosts are running.

It may sound a cliche, but this memory problem are most of the time caused by viruses. If you can start in safe mode and do a complete scan using an updated virus definition file, it might serve you well.

Kung wala kang magawang ibang paraan, subukan mo rin mag System Restore (that's if you've created a restore point before).

Because virtual memory is on the hard disk, it resides as a file, called a "swapfile" or "paging file."

You can manually increase the Virtual Memory minimum, as long as you have the space on your hard disk. (By default, Windows assigns a recommended size to the virtual memory swapfile.)

1. Go to Control Panel, then double-click on "System"

2. Go to the "Advanced" tab and click the "Settings" button under "Performance"

3. In the Performance Options window, look for the "Advanced" tab again

4. Click the "Change" button under "Virtual Memory"

5. Select your hard disk from the list, then click the "Custom size" radio button and type in a minimum and maximum value.

6. Then click the "Set" button. The new swapfile size range should display on the list. Click OK to exit.

Ideally, the minimum size should be greater than the "recommended" size in this window. e.g. If Windows says the recommended swapfile size is 334MB, you can increase it to 1000MB (=1GB)

I hope this helps.

• 1 month later...
hi folks,

is it possible configure a four-monitor setup?

what will i need?

i'm using 4 lcd monitors.

thanks.

it depends on what setup you would like.... if you are thinking on a 4 lcd displaying continuously a single pic for instance.... it would need a video card that will be able to portion the display into 4 (pero doubt kung meron) last i have seen is dual video used for cadd / photoediting programs..... if i display lang talaga same content for the 4 lcds.... you are better off with vga multiplier..... available siya sa mga comp shops like octagon......

hi folks,

is it possible configure a four-monitor setup?

what will i need?

i'm using 4 lcd monitors.

thanks.

there are cards that can support up to three i believe. try matrox. pero you can also do is yung isa mong agp or pcix slot, kuha ka ng video card that supports two outputs usually VGA and DVI, tapos get a PCI video card na dual output din or use two PCI cards. windows can actually handle multicard setups for video.

• 1 month later...
is it possible to have a 4-monitor setup particularly lcds?

yes bro.. it is possible..

but you have to have a video card that is called QUAD Card..

it looks like this

http://www.naplestech.com/shopcart/images/fmv_w-cables250.gif

click this para makita mo yung demo

im just not sure if its available here sa pinas..

Edited by russ
  • 5 months later...
  • 8 years later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...

My computer has very slow speed. I have reinstall windows and also reinstall all my important programs but still speed is very slow. I installed Ccleaner and ran the tools they have and also made sure I stopped the majority of the startup programs that helped with the slow down but nothing happened. please help me out ?

post-784169-54.gif

• 1 year later...
On 10/20/2019 at 6:06 PM, Tammymef said:

My computer has very slow speed. I have reinstall windows and also reinstall all my important programs but still speed is very slow. I installed Ccleaner and ran the tools they have and also made sure I stopped the majority of the startup programs that helped with the slow down but nothing happened. please help me out ?

post-784169-54.gif

What are you using? HDD? Try upgrading to SSD.

• 4 weeks later...

I think madami na mga naka multi monitor ngayon lalo sa mga naka work from home setup. 

Sana may mag share ng setup nila for this and ano gamit to setup the multi monitor especially those na more than 2 monitors. 

Katulad ng mga naka 2 large monitors plus 1 laptop.. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...