129 replies to this topic

#21 sonnyt111

sonnyt111

Sensualist

• (10) Super Poster
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,428 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 11:33 PM

I called up Globe this afternoon to find out what's been happening to the signal strength. The guy from Globe told me that the area where I live is included in a list where Globe has a difficult time installing a cell site because of opposition coming from the homeowners' association. I asked him if there was anything their technical group could do to increase signal strength even slightly without having to install a new cell site. His answer was no. I would have to bring my grievance to the homeowners' association in order to address the weak signal problem.

I also told him that even within other parts of Makati, I've been getting problems such as garbled conversations, increasing frequency of dropped calls, and difficulty connecting. He couldn't give me an answer because he didn't know the answer.

When I first got my globe number 9 years ago, it was never like this. Is this what you call progress?

#22 sonnyt111

sonnyt111

Sensualist

• (10) Super Poster
  • 4,428 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 03:53 AM

globe has very disappointing service. weak signal. very frustrating. sobrang delay sms messages natatanggap ko pag dito ako sa bahay.

I called my brother up yesterday. He was at Glorietta. I was at NAIA waiting for my flight. I could hardly make out what he was saying and he couldn't understand what I was saying either. Gloreitta is Ayala country. Globe is owned by Ayala. NAIA is the premier international airport in the Philippines.

So if we can't even make out what what the other is saying while at Glorietta and NAIA, what more in other parts of the Philippines?

We have gone full circle. From a monopoly (PLDT) to a de-regulated telecom industry and now back to a virtual monopoly with only Globe and Smart as the dominant players in the telecom industry. Don't we have an anti-trust law in place?

#23 Bungo The Elder

Bungo The Elder

Resident Epal

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts
  • Interests:Van Halen 2 (Sammy Hagar), PC RPGs, Aliens, Predator and Spawn action figures, free-style poetry, contemporary Filipino writers and writings, progressive rock, local indie music, Frank Sinatra, intellectually-stimulating (but easy) girls, hot strong black brewed coffee with lots of sugar, cold beer on ice and sizzling Pampanga-style sisig on the side, and long menthol cigarettes, lurking and flaming a**holes and morons in the forums.

Posted 22 March 2013 - 11:35 PM

Globe is undergoing a massive modernization of its network using only one supplier, a Chinese one at that. You honestly think that would equate to better service? After 10 years of service and 2 months of bad reception once that modernization project started, I switched to SMART. I have never been happier.

#24 everyman

everyman

Cutie

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 09:16 AM

Globe service s*cks

#25 Bugatti Veyron

Bugatti Veyron

Sensualist

• (10) Super Poster
  • 4,645 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 04:35 AM

I called my brother up yesterday. He was at Glorietta. I was at NAIA waiting for my flight. I could hardly make out what he was saying and he couldn't understand what I was saying either. Gloreitta is Ayala country. Globe is owned by Ayala. NAIA is the premier international airport in the Philippines.

So if we can't even make out what what the other is saying while at Glorietta and NAIA, what more in other parts of the Philippines?

We have gone full circle. From a monopoly (PLDT) to a de-regulated telecom industry and now back to a virtual monopoly with only Globe and Smart as the dominant players in the telecom industry. Don't we have an anti-trust law in place?

The same phenomenon seems to be going on in the US. From spin-offs which became common in the 80's, today mergers and acquisitions seem to be the name of the game. Many major airlines, banks, and telecoms have merged. I suppose to stave off economic ruin, these companies were able to justify these mergers to the regulatory agencies in America. I imagine anti-trust laws do not apply.

#26 maxiev

maxiev

MTC Poster

• (10) Super Poster
  • 4,107 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 04:58 AM

Globe is undergoing a massive modernization of its network using only one supplier, a Chinese one at that. You honestly think that would equate to better service? After 10 years of service and 2 months of bad reception once that modernization project started, I switched to SMART. I have never been happier.

I'd like to switch to Smart too. Problem is most of my contacts still use Globe. I wish Smart subscribers on unli plans could call Globe subscibers on an unlimited basis and vise versa.

#27 boxer_NA

boxer_NA

Low Mileage

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 02:32 PM

Sobrang walang kwenta net ng Globe on mobile...
sa Smart okay pa eh, kahit may mga times na mabagal, it's always up.
though sa calls and texts, wala ako masyado complaints.

#28 Bugatti Veyron

Bugatti Veyron

Sensualist

• (10) Super Poster
  • 4,645 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 03:22 AM

Seems the service of Globe is deteriorating day by day. Not only are calls garbled, dropped calls are the norm today. And just trying to re-connect to the person I was speaking with requires a re-boot of my phone. I have several phones using globe sim cards and they all need to be re-booted/refreshed just to be able to make another call which is certainly going to be garbled again and will drop within a few seconds after connecting.

Globe's service is definitely NOT world class. It's not even fit for a third world country. People who aren't on an unli plan are just getting ripped off by Globe. Even within Ayala center, Globe's home-base, calls are choppy and it's difficult to make calls because they simply do not connect to the called party. Sometimes I have to re-boot my phone 2 or 3 times before finally being able to connect.

What's the NTC doing about forcing Globe to improve it's extremely poor service? Not a whole lot I rekon.

#29 Bugatti Veyron

Bugatti Veyron

Sensualist

• (10) Super Poster
  • 4,645 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 03:24 AM

Seems the service of Globe is deteriorating day by day. Not only are calls garbled, dropped calls are the norm today. And just trying to re-connect to the person I was speaking with requires a re-boot of my phone. I have several phones using globe sim cards and they all need to be re-booted/refreshed just to be able to make another call which is certainly going to be garbled again and will drop within a few seconds after connecting.

Globe's service is definitely NOT world class. It's not even fit for a third world country. People who aren't on an unli plan are just getting ripped off by Globe. Even within Ayala center, Globe's home-base, calls are choppy and it's difficult to make calls because they simply do not connect to the called party. Sometimes I have to re-boot my phone 2 or 3 times before finally being able to connect.

What's the NTC doing about forcing Globe to improve it's extremely poor service? Not a whole lot I rekon.

#30 Shadow Knight

Shadow Knight

Cute Ninja

• (08) Fanatical Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,094 posts
  • Interests: Shuriken

Posted 14 September 2013 - 01:09 AM

mahina ang signal ng globe sa place namin. lagi nawawala signal and hnd stable :( :ninja:

#31 sonnyt111

sonnyt111

Sensualist

• (10) Super Poster
  • 4,428 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 11:04 PM

mahina ang signal ng globe sa place namin. lagi nawawala signal and hnd stable :( :ninja:

Kahit saan naman, mahina talaga ang signal. Tapos laging napuputol yung call. Luging lugi mga subscribers ng Globe. Ubos kaagad yung load.

#32 Gilas

Gilas

Cutie

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 11:13 PM

Parang lately ang dalas humina signal ng Globe, to think nasa Manila lang ako

#33 Bugatti Veyron

Bugatti Veyron

Sensualist

• (10) Super Poster
  • 4,645 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 03:04 AM

Kahit saan naman, mahina talaga ang signal. Tapos laging napuputol yung call. Luging lugi mga subscribers ng Globe. Ubos kaagad yung load.

Parang lately ang dalas humina signal ng Globe, to think nasa Manila lang ako

Same here. Signal is getting less stable resulting in more frequent dropped calls, garbled conversations, and rising blood pressure.

#34 sonnyt111

sonnyt111

Sensualist

• (10) Super Poster
  • 4,428 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 02:01 AM

After switching to a Sony Xperia phone my Globe connections have become more stable and clearer. I don't know if it has anything to do with the current phone I'm using now or whether Globe's service improved.

#35 artedpro

artedpro

Interesting

• (13) Giga Poster
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,055 posts
  • Interests:whitewater rafting; mountaineering;
    running ; beers, interesting babes

Posted 22 November 2013 - 11:38 AM

I bought my wife a new phone thinking it could have been the culprit in the erratic signal...Alas! the new android phone was no match to the poor Globe 'service', choppy signal/late receipt of texts/pautol-putol, etc.

Soli bayad!!!

Edited by artedpro, 22 November 2013 - 11:39 AM.

#36 tleaf16

tleaf16

Virgin

• (02) Sinless
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 04:49 PM

Globe's signal strength and mobile internet speed depends on the place. Mahina internet nila sa Makati. Sa customer service, mas gusto ko yung sa twitter nila, sumasagot at umaaksyon agad.

#37 9118

Looker

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 04:01 PM

getting a lot of junk text messages (mostly advertisements) from my Globe number but don't experience it with my Smart and SUN numbers Posted Image

#38 Google

Google

The Russian Mafia

• (10) Super Poster
  • 4,081 posts
  • Interests:Golf, Gym, Computers, Extreme Sports, Outdoor Sports, Beach, Basketball, Badminton

Posted 04 December 2013 - 11:02 AM

getting a lot of junk text messages (mostly advertisements) from my Globe number but don't experience it with my Smart and SUN numbers Posted Image

same here.... the fact that my globe number is only two weeks old.
from real estate agents, companies offering loans..... nakakabanas na minsan.

#39 mackymacmac

mackymacmac

Charmer

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • Interests:Just browsing...

Posted 04 December 2013 - 08:53 PM

Still Globe? Not a Smart idea!

#40 Bugatti Veyron

Bugatti Veyron

Sensualist

• (10) Super Poster
  • 4,645 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 01:42 AM

same here.... the fact that my globe number is only two weeks old.
from real estate agents, companies offering loans..... nakakabanas na minsan.

You're globe number is only two weeks old and you already have lots of spam from real estate agents, etc.? I thought I had so much spam because my number's almost 10 years old. So getting spam messages has got nothing to do with how old your number is after all.

I wonder why Globe doesn't do anything to stop or at least filter all these spam. Unless of course, Globe does business with these companies. In exchange for providing globe numbers to these companies, these companies pay Globe some sort of fee.

I also have a Smart number but I do not get any spam on that network. So the only conclusion I can draw is that Globe is behind this irritating practice.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users