Players That Earned Your Respect

• 10 months later...

Well nobody in my opinion has been nicer, more decent or humanitarian in the entire NBA than former San Antonio Spurs Center and League MVP David Robinson.

Other notables include, Steve Nash, Dikembe Mutombo (especially for his large humanitarian work in his native Africa) and of course his Airness Michael Jordan.

Gilbert Arenas when he agreed to receive a lesser salary (although its still a whooping amount).....and because of his kind words for the Philippines esp. the basketball fans during his recent visit here...

David Robinson....gentle giant...soft spoken

Derek Fisher...he agreed to a lesser salary just to be close to her ailing daughter

Samboy Lim, gentleman on and off the court..very approachable and so humble

Benjie Paras, he was the one manning the fort when the sudden invasion of the fil-am players began...and he really carried the cause of the pure bred filipino ballers with flying colors...

Well nobody in my opinion has been nicer, more decent or humanitarian in the entire NBA than former San Antonio Spurs Center and League MVP David Robinson.

Other notables include, Steve Nash, Dikembe Mutombo (especially for his large humanitarian work in his native Africa) and of course his Airness Michael Jordan.

Tama po ikaw dun sir!!! la nang papantay pa kay david robinson!!! :thumbsupsmiley:

dagdag ko dun sa mga naunang namention ko na:

I was reading the book "Just Balling", an inside story of the 1999 New York Knicks Team that went all the way to the finals despite a not so good regular season...I have learned that Chris Dudley, the back up of Pat Ewing has a type 1 Diabetes...so every half time he will prick a sample of his blood and put it in a device which measures your sugar level...aside from that he injects himself 4 times a day, insulin yata yun...so ganun ginagawa nya every game and kahit papano nakatagal sya for 13 season in the NBA.

My Top 10. In no particular order after the first. :)

1) Rafael "Paeng" Nepomuceno

Efren "Bata" Reyes

Carlos "Caloy, The Big Difference" Loyzaga

Robert "Sonny, Big J" Salazar Jaworski, Sr.

Ichiro (Suzuki)

George Kenneth "Ken, The Kid" Griffey, Jr.

Edgar Martinez

Muhammad Ali

Gabriel "Flash" Elorde

Francisco "Pancho Villa" Guilledo

samboy lim, allan caidic, alvin teng, rey evangelista, hector calma, sean chambers, norman black. lamont strothers, jun simon (worked his way up), freddie abuda!

randy moss (from nf)l, from being a bastard to becoming a classy athlete in the nfl..

john elway, peyton manning.

patrick ewing, jeff hornacek,

hehehehe