Hirap talaga ngayon sa financial instruments.

Tama si silverapollo. Mas malaki ang returns ng entrepreneurship. Lalo na pag 50%+ ang contribution margins mo.

Pero importante rin na may savings ka. "Don't put your eggs in one basket."

Long-term time deposit with compounding interest ang safest intsrument. Pero mahirap tong laruin. Slow burn talaga. Better watch out for inflation too.

Pag mutual funds, hit or miss din. Parang stock market din kasi. Earnings depend on number of shares and share value.

I still have to investigate UITFs though.

in view of the volatility of the financial institution, what is the better alternative for money makers?

Either go short term now and wait to see where rates will go or if you have the long term horizon, get a five year corporate note or tier two from a reputable institution for the income tax exemption.

Guest lustfortravel
i have a sunlife uitf seens last year as of now negative 25% in my investment ..

the bdo are offering short term papers of bdo 5.14% net to 5.4% net they are giving

much compare to sda of other bank ......

your sunlife investment may have exposure in stocks, hence the negative returns.

sdas are being sold by bangko sentral at 6.1875% gross or 4.95% net of tax to all banks. banks then get their spreads from the net rate. i wonder what short term paper bdo is offering to be able to quote a net rate of 5.14-5.4% p.a. ? would you care to enlighten us on what type of product this is?

your sunlife investment may have exposure in stocks, hence the negative returns.

sdas are being sold by bangko sentral at 6.1875% gross or 4.95% net of tax to all banks. banks then get their spreads from the net rate. i wonder what short term paper bdo is offering to be able to quote a net rate of 5.14-5.4% p.a. ? would you care to enlighten us on what type of product this is?

sir,

time deposit taxable ( own bank ) bdo papers rate is 6.437500% not 5.14 its 5.15 . my friend in iloilo got it @ 5.4 net maybe he

place more money . that was when some text rumors regarding bdo in investing in lemman brothers . they are offering that rate .

why took the offer even thou they are rumors about it .bdo is no.2 bank in phil.

9-29 is the date i got the 5.15net right now they are offering 5.1 net for 90days :hypocritesmiley:

Guest lustfortravel
sir,

time deposit taxable ( own bank ) bdo papers rate is 6.437500% not 5.14 its 5.15 . my friend in iloilo got it @ 5.4 net maybe he

place more money . that was when some text rumors regarding bdo in investing in lemman brothers . they are offering that rate .

why took the offer even thou they are rumors about it .bdo is no.2 bank in phil.

9-29 is the date i got the 5.15net right now they are offering 5.1 net for 90days :hypocritesmiley:

thanks. so it's an ordinary time deposit. btw, i'm female. ;)

how much would be the minimum investment for the time deposit offered by BPI? thanks!

i wouldn't even consider the time deposits of bpi; the rates are way too low. ask about the SDA they offer- minimum is 100k.

thanks. so it's an ordinary time deposit. btw, i'm female. ;)

i wouldn't even consider the time deposits of bpi; the rates are way too low. ask about the SDA they offer- minimum is 100k.

Special savings rates are usually higher than ordinary time deposit rates. So BPI allows SDAs for only 100K? I heard BDO has upped the minimum to P1MM. Hard to imagine BPI going retail nowadays. Incidentally, there are a lot of banks suffering from the financial crisis. They are bravely putting on a smiling face but deep inside they're hurting.

Guest lustfortravel
Special savings rates are usually higher than ordinary time deposit rates. So BPI allows SDAs for only 100K? I heard BDO has upped the minimum to P1MM. Hard to imagine BPI going retail nowadays. Incidentally, there are a lot of banks suffering from the financial crisis. They are bravely putting on a smiling face but deep inside they're hurting.

apparently, bpi is going retail nowadays. my relationship manager approached me recently and offered their uitfs/mf at a minimum of $1,000. i think competition is getting to be so stiff that they realized they have to get off their "high and mighty" perch. :lol:

in fact, business is so bad that a friend told me allied bank offered the SDA to her at 4.95% net and even bragged that they are not making any spreads anymore over the Bangko Sentral rate. now why would banks even consider not making any spreads if they have overhead expenses to pay for? it doesn't make any sense at all.

• 3 weeks later...

security bank offer tier 5 years placement @ 8.5%net minimum of 1m.....

if your going to buy a new car worth 1m after 5years it depreciate by 50% to 60%.......

if you put your money in a bank like sbc are offering the effect rate 42.5% to 47.5%.......

after 5years your money will earn about 475k while buying a car worth a million after 5 years .

probably your car only worth that time is 4ook to 500k ...but the only thing is you enjoy of having a new car.

but worth wise is it's better to save your hard earn money.. than having luxury of buying a new car. just my 2cents :hypocritesmiley:

Guest lustfortravel
security bank offer tier 5 years placement @ 8.5%net minimum of 1m.....

if your going to buy a new car worth 1m after 5years it depreciate by 50% to 60%.......

if you put your money in a bank like sbc are offering the effect rate 42.5% to 47.5%.......

after 5years your money will earn about 475k while buying a car worth a million after 5 years .

probably your car only worth that time is 4ook to 500k ...but the only thing is you enjoy of having a new car.

but worth wise is it's better to save your hard earn money.. than having luxury of buying a new car. just my 2cents :hypocritesmiley:

i think you mean tier 2 placement which actually has a 10 year term but the issuer - security bank - has the option to call the paper on the 5th year.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
yes mam it's tier 2 placement minimum of 500k for five yrs. quartely interest pay out... i think it's an

additional capital or fund of the bank .......

yo mga people... eh TRANSLATION naman PLEASE!!! :)

all this tiers, issuer...akala ko wrong spelling lang but you keep using this kind of term here.

interested in time deposit specially that one with 47% interest in 5 years :)

kaunting explanation naman dyan. to be honest here ive tried BPI, already have a time deposit account there, i never heard this 5year time deposit???

makano ang minimum deposit dyan??? and ofcourse the interest??? many thanks :zorro:

• 2 weeks later...