TD rates are almost the same with the commercial banks. I think most of them are now on 1.6-1.7 PA.

now if you would try to keep the money for long term (let's say for 5 years), try PSB's time deposit. sila ata ang may pinakamataas na rates ngayon at 8% PA for 5 years. the hitch is that you cannot get your money for you to enjoy the 8% PA for five years.

its better if kung long term TD ang hanap mo, i mutual funds mo na lang, or treasury bills.

TD rates are almost the same with the commercial banks. I think most of them are now on 1.6-1.7 PA.

now if you would try to keep the money for long term (let's say for 5 years), try PSB's time deposit. sila ata ang may pinakamataas na rates ngayon at 8% PA for 5 years. the hitch is that you cannot get your money for you to enjoy the 8% PA for five years.

its better if kung long term TD ang hanap mo, i mutual funds mo na lang, or treasury bills.

Going down din yung mutual funds ngayon. Any other option?

hey bro engrlee saan ung 5% per anum na to mataas na ito ah.

ang alam ko meron offer ang BPI special time deposit daw 4% per month its with the government tapos lockin period lang is 1 month. ang problem lang dito is 100K ung min investment.

Bro google, ung 8% ba na sinasabi mo sa PS Bank un?

Thanks!

hey bro engrlee saan ung 5% per anum na to mataas na ito ah.

ang alam ko meron offer ang BPI special time deposit daw 4% per month its with the government tapos lockin period lang is 1 month. ang problem lang dito is 100K ung min investment.

Bro google, ung 8% ba na sinasabi mo sa PS Bank un?

Thanks!

yes, its with PSB afaik.

but as i've mentioned earlier, you cannot get your money back within the 5 year holding period.

your better option is, what i've said earlier, are money market funds, fixed income funds or treasury bills.

• 2 weeks later...

My portfolio of funds have the following yields right now, at the height of volatility:

Money Market Fund 3.9% pa net

Bonds and Fixed Income 6% pa net

Government Securities 3% pa net

Balanced Fund 10.45% pa net

I have held the funds for just a little over a year. Not bad considering the current situation.

Guest lustfortravel
My portfolio of funds have the following yields right now, at the height of volatility:

Money Market Fund 3.9% pa net

Bonds and Fixed Income 6% pa net

Government Securities 3% pa net

Balanced Fund 10.45% pa net

I have held the funds for just a little over a year. Not bad considering the current situation.

i hope this already takes into account the front or back end fees - sometimes, only the performance of the fund is shown but what they don't tell you is that their fees are not yet imputed in the quoted returns.

i hope this already takes into account the front or back end fees - sometimes, only the performance of the fund is shown but what they don't tell you is that their fees are not yet imputed in the quoted returns.

Yes, I took note of those "management and administrative fees" and netted these charges out by computing actual returns using NAVpu x units. As you probably know, NAVpu is the sum of the market value of the fund's assets less its liabilities and expenses (including management fees and taxes). You are right, the published fund performance may not reflect net returns after management fees and taxes. Compute actual returns using NAVpu x units held.

Para hindi tayo OT, time deposit rates have not improved despite the highly volatile equity market or have they already?

Wow. That's pretty big. How much would the minimum investment be? Is export bank stable?

special savings is a form of time deposit. so that means it is still subject to withholding taxes.

export bank is stable. the reason why they are just quiet and quite unheard of in the market is because their focus is corporate banking, not consumer banking.

• 1 month later...

Bank interest rate is always lower than the inflation rate, it means that at the end of the year even your money earns interest your puchasing power is less because of higher inflation.

For me I rather invest in stocks, even it is risky the return is also high, just minimize your risk if your investing in stocks.

• 1 month later...
Thrift and Rural banks offer much higher rates but then...[/b][/color]

I could definitely agree doc...

As of now, Trust placements and Bancassurance products of banks are being preferred investments

by bank clients over the regular time deposits for the "better" yields they could give

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

banks with high interst rates be cautious kasi they need depositors. to be safe try to check the stability ng bank kahit mababa eh sure ka na di magsasara. although kng dami ka extra time deposit mo na lang. yung tipong pangmatagalan ang term.

i would suggest business ka na lang. mlaki risk but malaki din ang return. be sure you know the business. whatever business di mo dapat gagamitin yun for your day to day expenses.