Guest xHANGMANx

if you reported immediately to the Credit Card Center the lost of your cards, then you are not liable to pay for any charges after the report

if there were transactions made before you reported the card as lost/stolen, you can still dispute them

VISA/MASTERCARD/AMEX/DINERS CLUB have this CHARGEBACK SYSTEM

just request copies of the charges, dispute to the Credit Card Issuing company that the signature appearing on the charge slip was not yours

usually they have your signature on file, that's why they are advising you to use the same signature when you applied to them and when you signed your card

• 1 month later...
behold SM Group bought the GSIS shares in EPCIB, malapit na mag merge ang EPCIB and BDO this merger will surpass MTCB n BPI to be the Philippines no.1 bank

How soon do you think this will happen? It's been quite a while since the banking industry had a merger of this size.

Was it FEBTC and BPI in 1999?... if I remember the year correctly.

How soon do you think this will happen? It's been quite a while since the banking industry had a merger of this size.

sino nauna Equitable n PCI bank merger or BPI n FEBTC?? medyo nalito ako hehe i think mas nauna nga yung EPCIB merger

it will happen soon kasi wala ng obstacle sa SM Group eh, they need at least 2/3 to start the merger so far 50plus percent na sila, ders no stopping them from getting the 12% plus share floating in the market, 92pesos per share is a gud price na kasi :)

behold SM Group bought the GSIS shares in EPCIB, malapit na mag merge ang EPCIB and BDO this merger will surpass MTCB n BPI to be the Philippines no.1 bank

That is true, unless BPI purchases RCBC which will then make them No. 1 after that merger.

BPI officially merged with FEBTC in April 2000. Expect the merger to happen late this year or early next year. I think it will depend on the effect on the year end financials of BDO. No sense in acquiring a bank and not merging ASAP

sino nauna Equitable n PCI bank merger or BPI n FEBTC?? medyo nalito ako hehe i think mas nauna nga yung EPCIB merger

it will happen soon kasi wala ng obstacle sa SM Group eh, they need at least 2/3 to start the merger so far 50plus percent na sila, ders no stopping them from getting the 12% plus share floating in the market, 92pesos per share is a gud price na kasi :)

Yes, the Equitable PCIB merger was formalized in 1999. As said above, the BPI FEBTC merger was formalized in 2000.

What's the score on the rumored merger plans of PNB and Allied Bank? Are they not wholly owned and controlled by taipan Lucio Tan?

As of now it is still a rumor, with PNB as the surviving entity. But Allied Bank has its own niche and so does PNB. If anyone knows more, please post it here.

What will be more interesting is if the BPI RCBC merger pushes through. Metrobank will not take these events sitting down. It will be interesting times for the banking industry.

Dr pepper,

u mean BPI and RCBC are in talks for a merger?? if so who will be the surviving entity?

so who would be bigger in the event of a merger BPI + RCBC or BDO + EPCIB + China Bank?

MBTC might start negotiating wit security bank cos if they dont they will be dwarfed by the new mergers, any other universal banks available for merger?

Edited by Aldrich_Baccarat
Dr pepper,

u mean BPI and RCBC are in talks for a merger?? if so who will be the surviving entity?

so who would be bigger in the event of a merger BPI + RCBC or BDO + EPCIB + China Bank?

MBTC might start negotiating wit security bank cos if they dont they will be dwarfed by the new mergers, any other universal banks available for merger?

I simply heard through the banking grapevine that AY, to avoid the headaches the Yuchengco Group is now experiencing, is willing to sell his flagship RCBC. Of course BPI would be the surviving entity and BPI/RCBC will eclipse the BDO/EPCIB merger. China Bank has for some time now been under the Sy's control but might be allowed to exist separately. It is an excellent niche bank and has been very profitable. MBTC will probably have no choice but to buy several smaller banks to keep in the running in terms of size. Just my own opinion.

what should i know before getting an atm? planning to get one kac. never had one before.

ask mo sa bank kung anung product nila may kasamang ATM, usually savings deposit meron ng kasama yan basta ma meet mo lang yung minimum required na deposit, kailangan mo din ata mag dala ng at least 2 identification id, hope ds helps

san bangko ba maganda mag time deposit? yung malaki ang interest rate. :)

You might want to check out my comparative analysis with banks and the company I'm part of, National Life Insurance Company at http://ph.88db.jobsdb.com/PH/Views/PostDet...px?PostID=70953.

We don't offer the biggest interest rate but we definitely offer the lowest risk in losing one's principal investment.

Cheers!!!

You might want to check out my comparative analysis with banks and the company I'm part of, National Life Insurance Company at http://ph.88db.jobsdb.com/PH/Views/PostDet...px?PostID=70953.

We don't offer the biggest interest rate but we definitely offer the lowest risk in losing one's principal investment.

Cheers!!!

CORRECT LINK FOR MY COMPARATIVE ANALYSIS OF TIME DEPOSIT IS AT http://ph.88db.jobsdb.com/ph/views/postDet...px?PostID=70953

• 1 month later...
what should i know before getting an atm? planning to get one kac. never had one before.

Bring 2 valid class A IDs (SSS, Driver's License, birth certificate will do also), two 2x2 recent pictures. If you have a referral from a depositor of the branch that would be a plus. Go to the branch of your choice and just approach the new accounts section. Different banks have different maintaining balances. Depositing P2,000.00 I guess is the minimum these days (w/o interest).

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Philtrust bank offers to buy 100% of PBCom, their merger wud create the countries 13th largest bank

Nice to meet you at the ACA2006 sir. The word is that the buyout by Philtrust is highly leveraged so some people are wondering if Philtrust bit off more than they can chew. PBCom is still not out of the woods yet.

Dr pepper,

what do you think of the rural banks that offer 20% per annum for 5 years, interest witdrawal monthly?

PDIC insures up to P250,000 so im thinking that this is a relatively risk-free investment that beats inflation. 1million should be deposited into 4 different account with different account olders to ensure that the whole 1m is insured.

thoughts please....

Dr pepper,

what do you think of the rural banks that offer 20% per annum for 5 years, interest witdrawal monthly?

PDIC insures up to P250,000 so im thinking that this is a relatively risk-free investment that beats inflation. 1million should be deposited into 4 different account with different account olders to ensure that the whole 1m is insured.

thoughts please....

One of the fundamental rules of investments is this: The greater the risk, the higher the return. Why can rural banks offer higher yields? For one, they have lower reserve requirements than commercial banks. Second, most of their business is local consumer lending and can therefore charge very high loan rates. So look at it this way: Do you think that the rural bank will still be strong enough to be able to pay you back after 5 years? Try to find out why that rural bank needs the money. Does it need to have funds so badly that it is willing to offer very high interest rates? This is not a stab at rural banks but most of these are family owned and many are not run as professionally as commercial banks. You may take refuge in the PDIC insurance but remember this is a relatively long process and most of the time (if not all) you will be given back only your principal. Compare it against putting it in a lower but more stable institution. You may be able to sleep better for 5 years. Just mah 'pinion of course and you know what they say about opinions.

Three years ago, my credit card wasn't stolen but someone used my name to open a credit card at Best Buy. I learned about this because I subscribed to a credit monitoring service via one of my Mastercard credit cards. The good thing about this was that the person was only able to get a $500 credit card from Best Buy. However, she/he went over the credit limit.

As soon as I was alerted with this info, I immediately contacted the three credit bureaus - Equifax, Experian and TransUnion - to freeze my credit. I also went to the nearest Best Buy in our place to report the fraudulent act. Aside from that, I also contacted the Hercules police station and filed a police report. Not only that but I also sent registered mail to all Best Buy offices around the US and also the three credit bureaus.

My pristine credit history was restored in a month's time. :cool:

thanks dr. pepper. One more thing though. How long does it take for claims to be processed by PDIC?

It only takes a few weeks to get back your money. File your claim at the branch where you made your deposit. There is a primer on PDIC deposits. Just type PDIC using a search engine.