Dc And Marvel Universe

Let me start....

Just prior to his coming out in the open as SUperman in Metropolis, Martha Kent--Clark's mom, said: "Ok. Just be careful and try no to be like the nut from Gotham!"

:lol:

And Speaking of the nut from Gotham ...as Martha puts it...

Batman is my favorite hero of all. Dark, brooding, angry, myterious and most of all... human. B)

Tim Drake is the actually the 3rd Robin. He replaced Jason Todd -- who because fans did not really like -- died in Batman's arms.

Jason Tod replaced Dick Grayson-- the original Robin--- who in turn left Gotham, and Batman to become Nightwing--protector of Bludhaven!

B)

You guys ever get to read CRISIS ON INFINITE EARTHS....this is the time when the writers in DC decided to merge all the universes to avoid further confusion. It's definitely a classic. A lot of heroes and villains died fighting the anti-monitor.

Another good one was MARVELS. It's like a what-if or else world type of comic book. One shot. The story line is good and the art is somewhat gothic.

You guys ever get to read CRISIS ON INFINITE EARTHS....this is the time when the writers in DC decided to merge all the universes to avoid further confusion. It's definitely a classic. A lot of heroes and villains died fighting the anti-monitor.

Another good one was MARVELS. It's like a what-if or else world type of comic book. One shot. The story line is good and the art is somewhat gothic.

I agree!

I think this is the one where the original Supergirl dies.... The issue(s) is DC classic.

(correct me, please, if I'm wrong! :rolleyes: )

You're right. Let me try to recall who died.

Supergirl

Flash

Batman and Robin

Hmmmmmm..........dami, I better get my collection and read that again.

You remember the cover of that particular comic book where superman was carrying supergirl? They have it in resin form but it's a little expensive. I already asked my friend to look for one in the states.

I actually stopped collecting comic books because they don't have good stories anymore. Once in while you get a nice series but that's it. How about you?

You're right. Let me try to recall who died.

Supergirl

Flash

Batman and Robin

Hmmmmmm..........dami, I better get my collection and read that again.

You remember the cover of that particular comic book where superman was carrying supergirl? They have it in resin form but it's a little expensive. I already asked my friend to look for one in the states.

I actually stopped collecting comic books because they don't have good stories anymore. Once in while you get a nice series but that's it. How about you?

These things have really gotten expensive!

I haven't bought one for ages so I just read the ones owned by my nephew. He also keeps me updated on things I missed out.

The writers for these series really have some of the best imagination ever!

:lol:

What about matching Marvel superheroes against their counterparts in DC? For example:

Quicksilver vs. Flash

SubMariner vs. Aquaman

Marami pang iba kaya lang nakalimutan ko na yung mga pangalan nila. Tagal ko na kasi wala sa sirkulasyon eh. When I was a kid, I remember that I even drew a poster in my room with the Marvel characters fighting against the DC heroes and I struggled with the question of who will fight Superman?

But I always thought DareDevil's story has a lot of comparisons with those of Batman's. Kaya sila ang pinag-aaway ko.

Have any of you guys read Kingdom Come? It's a DC story set when all the superheroes had gotten old and were trying to make things right again when the new super heroes have begun fighting amongst themselves totally disregarding the principles of Truth and Justice.

Very good read. Alex Ross' artwork was magnificent.

What about matching Marvel superheroes against their counterparts in DC? For example:

Quicksilver vs. Flash

SubMariner vs. Aquaman

Marami pang iba kaya lang nakalimutan ko na yung mga pangalan nila. Tagal ko na kasi wala sa sirkulasyon eh. When I was a kid, I remember that I even drew a poster in my room with the Marvel characters fighting against the DC heroes and I struggled with the question of who will fight Superman?

But I always thought DareDevil's story has a lot of comparisons with those of Batman's. Kaya sila ang pinag-aaway ko.

bro:

check this DC versus Marvel issue link!

http://www.dccomics.com/graphic_novels/dc_...itemCode=dcvmsc

:rolleyes:

hmmm.

balik kaya ko sa comic book collection ko. mas alaga ko pa yun kaysa fhm ko eh.

anything new on image?

dapat pala na umpisahan ko yung spawn. it started just the same time i started buying comic books back in college.(collection purposes.)

trivia: si doomsday pala walang kamatayan.

he would just keep evolving and comes back stronger than before. the only way he died was when orion (correct me if i'm wrong about the name)helped superman by bringing doomsday to the end of time where he would evolve no more coz the end na yun eh.

I actually stopped collecting comic books because they don't have good stories anymore.  Once in while you get a nice series but that's it. How about you?

there are still alot of good comicbooks out there, you just have to look beyond the mediocrity that is all to common in the industry. books written by alan moore, kurt busiek, mark waid, james robinson, alex ross, jeph loeb, grant morrison, mark millar, neil gaiman, offer a lot of entertainment value and for the most part are guaranteed to be good reads.

one comicbook that i have been waiting for a long time is finally about to be released sometime in september or october - Avengers vs JLA - written by kurt busiek with artwork by george perez.

Tim Drake is the actually the 3rd Robin. He replaced Jason Todd -- who because fans did not really like -- died in Batman's arms.

Jason Tod replaced Dick Grayson-- the original Robin--- who in turn left Gotham, and Batman to become Nightwing--protector of Bludhaven!

B)

the present storyline in batman right now is entitled hush and guess what? it seems that jason todd ain't dead anymore.

B)

the present storyline in batman right now is entitled hush and guess what? it seems that jason todd ain't dead anymore.

True...

But it seems this Jason Todd is some sort of clone.... B)

I like DC better than Marvel because DC writers seem to be better in Drama and other serious topics. My favorites in the DC universe are Superman and Batman.

However, the one I like the most doesn't belong to the DC universe in the same way as Superman and Batman are. I'm talking about the SANDMAN (aka Morpheus aka Oneiros aka Shaper of Forms aka Dream Lord aka Prince of Stories).

Are any of you DC Vertigo fans? If you are, then you'd might want to check out my Sandman thread somewhere in the lobby.

B)

True...

But it seems this Jason Todd is some sort of clone.... B)

clone??? really??? jeeeez!!!! now that is really original :rolleyes: :D :D :D

I like DC better than Marvel because DC writers seem to be better in Drama and other serious topics.  My favorites in the DC universe are Superman and Batman.

However, the one I like the most doesn't belong to the DC universe in the same way as Superman and Batman are.  I'm talking about the SANDMAN (aka Morpheus aka Oneiros aka Shaper of Forms aka Dream Lord aka Prince of Stories). 

Are any of you DC Vertigo fans?  If you are, then you'd might want to check out my Sandman thread somewhere in the lobby.

am a vertigo fan myself... and i have posted on your thread before. but i seem to be having problems accessing it now, everytime i try to access the thread the page loads incomplete. :(

anyway, the only vertigo titles i collect now is 100 bullets and fables. oh... and btw neil gaiman just came out with a book for marvel entitled 1602, basically its the marvel universe set in elizabethan times.

oops bakit DC lng at MARVEL lang? walang image? when i started CD lng at marvel dati ang collections ko then nag IMAGE na rin ako at VALIANT. mas gus2 ko ang marvel kesa DC kasi dahil sa crossovers ng storyline ng iba-ibang heroes. ok din naman ang DC. buti meron d2 na comic collectors like me. if u guys are lookin for #1 & #0 just ask me sa valiant at image nga lng like ung pitt, spawn, stormwatch, cyberforce or rare marvels n DC like green lantern 46, reign of supermen, Azrael (batman). sino nga pala rightful owner ng captain marvel storyline? dc ba or marvel? just wonderin eh. :boo: :blink: :sick:

oops bakit DC lng at MARVEL lang? walang image? when i started CD lng at marvel dati ang collections ko then nag IMAGE na rin ako at VALIANT. mas gus2 ko ang marvel kesa DC kasi dahil sa crossovers ng storyline ng iba-ibang heroes. ok din naman ang DC. buti meron d2 na comic collectors like me. if u guys are lookin for #1 & #0 just ask me sa valiant at image nga lng like ung pitt, spawn, stormwatch, cyberforce or rare marvels n DC like green lantern 46, reign of supermen, Azrael (batman). sino nga pala rightful owner ng captain marvel storyline? dc ba or marvel? just wonderin eh. :boo:  :blink:  :sick:

try mo rin sa kabilang site... meron ding discussion about comics :)