Alchemist...paulo Coelho

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

this is too much like the little prince. anybody noticed the semblance? tooooo much like it.

i liek his plots. i mean, coelho's. but i think her "writes down" on readers. over explains everything, as if his readers wont understand what he's trying to get at otherwise. but then of course, i cant really judge his craftsmanship. it might just be the translation that sucks.

• 2 weeks later...
i love this book! it's one of my favorites. This quote from the book is my all time fave "When you desire something really bad, all the universe will conspire to help you achieve it". ^_^

It's sort of what the Law of Attraction is all about from the book "The Secret" diba?

I share the same loved quote Mystique. Read this book a few years back and still can't perfect the art of "CONSPIRACY." LOL! Wish it's as easy as just thinking too much and viola! wish is granted.

I am in the unending process of finishing Coelho's The Devil and Ms. Prym. The Devil must have made me believe that I'm toooo busy to read. Who am I fooling, right? Just a thought, guys. :D

It brings a smile to see a Leo Buscaglia, with a twist of creativity, in the making. :thumbsupsmiley:

I kinda predicted the ending. I think its what you get when you read too much books or watch too much movies. But still its a good one.

i agree. the ending was rather predictable. i knew what was coming long before i read the ending. and still, it is a good read.

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 11 months later...

The Pilgrimage and the Alchemist are companions. The Pilgrimage paved the way for the Alchemist. You must read the Pilgrimage in order to fully understand the Alchemist. The Pilgrimage is about his experience walking the Camino de Santiago, an 800km pilgrimage walk from France to Santiago de Compostela in Spain. The Pilgrimage is what inspired me to walk the Camino de Santiago in Spain which I can say was a life changing experience for me as it was for the author.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...