• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

#1 Chinelas1

Chinelas1

Chinelasone

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1166 posts
  • Interests:Gadjets, Cars, Travel, Beach, Movies, Fine Dining, Dancing, Filipino Culture and living life to the fullest!

Posted 09 November 2006 - 03:53 AM

I will be going back to the Philippines this Monday for a short stay. I like to smoke from time to time a good Cigar and have a good drink. Can any MTCers school me on some local spots, brands that I can hit up? I will also be going back again next year same time but will bi visiting different regions of PI. Can sombody let me know of other regional spots also. I know when I went last year to Boracay I found one spot and had a couple of hand made Isabella Cigars! Smoooooth! :cool:

#2 chuker

chuker

Looker

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 09 November 2006 - 03:55 AM

last i remember there was a tabacalera at the peninsula. i would suggest you try that place out if it's still open. i'll check later if its still there.

#3 Chinelas1

Chinelas1

Chinelasone

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1166 posts
  • Interests:Gadjets, Cars, Travel, Beach, Movies, Fine Dining, Dancing, Filipino Culture and living life to the fullest!

Posted 10 November 2006 - 02:12 PM

Thanks Chucker :cool:

Edited by Chinelas1, 10 November 2006 - 02:13 PM.

#4 Headroom

Headroom

Player

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 991 posts

Posted 30 November 2006 - 10:28 AM

Another good place if you like really good single malt whiskey is Forth and Taye on the corner of Pasay Rd. and Makati Ave.

It is attached to the business complex adjoining the New World Hotel - big comfortable chairs and all the single malts you could ever want by the nip or bottle.

#5 Headroom

Headroom

Player

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 991 posts

Posted 30 November 2006 - 10:40 AM

oooooooohhhh yeah I did forget to mention the tartan skirts didn't I

#6 WanaBeThere

WanaBeThere

Voyeur

• (02) Sinless
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 January 2007 - 03:19 PM

Sounds like a fun place. I realy enjoy the local Cigars Tabacalera & Flor de Filipinas nice light cigaars with a little flavor.. I think I will try the place when I am there next December 07'

#7 joefree1

joefree1

Devirginized

• (03) Newbie
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 29 January 2007 - 11:54 AM

I am so there when I visit Manila in March. :evil:

#8 insomia

insomia

Looker

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 176 posts
  • Interests:sleeping.... can't seem to get it.

Posted 25 March 2007 - 11:30 PM

kiplings is also a nice single malt/ cigar bar at mandarin hotel and its right beside the new Martini bar. Nice watering hole as well.

#9 Brownman88

Brownman88

Chaser

• (03) Newbie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 11:39 AM

Havana in Malate used to have nice selection of fine local and imported cigars..

#10 mesu

mesu

Looker

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 19 May 2007 - 10:12 AM

churchill's at edsa shang

#11 presario

presario

Cutie

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 20 May 2007 - 07:55 PM

Tinder Box restaurant in Banilad and Parklane Hotel in Escario near Ayala center Cebu; both have cigar rooms with an array of choice of brands.

#12 the_gee01

the_gee01

Voyeur

• (02) Sinless
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 May 2007 - 10:24 AM

parang the last time i passed by New World, wala na yung Forth and Tay. Either that, or it was being renovated. sayang if it's not there anymore. it was a nich and cozy place to hang out in. okay pa the servers.

#13 joefree1

joefree1

Devirginized

• (03) Newbie
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 26 August 2007 - 09:18 PM

What about the cigar lounge at the Shangrila? Is it still there?

#14 rapturousone

rapturousone

Charmer

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 442 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 05:09 PM

Forth and Tay at the New World has been closed for a while. Try Kipling's at the Mandarin. They have a far more extensive selection of single malts and cigars....not to mention some fine wines. Although the ladies behind the bar are not in tartan skirts, they look very elegant in their chiongsams. Kipling's claim is that it is the most refined bar in the metropolis.

#15 First Evil

First Evil

Chaser

• (03) Newbie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 97 posts
  • Interests:rock and roll, girls, basketball, sports, justice, not necessarily in order

Posted 31 August 2007 - 06:33 PM

Can't say I am a regular but I've been to Kiplings-Mandarin four times already. One of its waitresses is even a friend.

#16 legalavatar

legalavatar

Corrupt my innocence, PLEASE!

• (03) Newbie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts
  • Interests:excessive carnal knowledge

Posted 18 February 2008 - 11:13 PM

ever been to churchill's sa edsa shang? ok don. fine selection of cigars and wines. food's ok too, and mlapit sya sa shang so you can have food delivered if you prefer something else like sushi or pizza

#17 fantastic

fantastic

Hottie

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 390 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 11:32 AM

I usually frequent all the cigar shops here in Manila and actually own one in Makati in a hotel with some partners. Anyhow, the girls we hire are usually from Assumption or from a prestigious school. Chances are my friends and customers are of the Damatans batch and money talks but once in awhile like a young stud would get to pluck the nectar out of my employees.

Had a few pussies as well until i stopped coming to the divans and started smoking at home. Moreover, some of my partners are assholes and i would rather not complicate things.

#18 ilongoboy

ilongoboy

Wooer

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 531 posts
  • Interests:Tennis, golf and Boracay

Posted 05 March 2008 - 04:26 AM

Another good place if you like really good single malt whiskey is Forth and Taye on the corner of Pasay Rd. and Makati Ave.

It is attached to the business complex adjoining the New World Hotel - big comfortable chairs and all the single malts you could ever want by the nip or bottle.

Nice info, will visit this place in April.

#19 rapturousone

rapturousone

Charmer

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 442 posts

Posted 05 March 2008 - 02:04 PM

Nice info, will visit this place in April.

dude, this place has been closed for a long time. try kipling's at the mandarin instead. good cigars. excellent single malt. :thumbsupsmiley:

#20 The Uncommitted

The Uncommitted

Chaser

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 05 March 2008 - 05:15 PM

At the Mandarin, have a cigar and a brandy at Kipling's, then head over to Martini's Bar for some great live jazz and lounge music.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users