• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

To bore myself to sleep or to educate me on the British monarchial life or history itself, I am about to finish The Crown. It has garnered good reviews. I usually go for the more exciting stuff on TV but for a change I tried this. What can I say? Interesting at best, and as expected and hoped for---a good cure for insomnia.

A good Netflix film, which I'd recommend is Sword of Destiny, a sequel to the Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon. It stars Michelle Yeoh still, but with an Asian all-star cast: Donnie Yen (seen last in Star Wars' Rogue One), Harry Shum Jr. (Glee), Jason Scott Lee (Bruce Lee), and the beautiful Natasha Liu Bordizzo. It is directed by the great Yuen Woo-ping. The first movie was a many-time Oscars awardee, but this will not disappoint. There's kung fu action, legend, love and passion, and movie making artistry.

For good laughs, watch JO KOY Live from Seattle. He's half-Pinoy and so, thus goes his brown and green humour. While it's an American show held in the US, much of the humour is Pinoy---about Pinoy moms, etc. "Vicks can cure everything!"

It is vulgar and uses "not-for-kids-definetely" language. You have to be mature and yes, vulgar, without the prim-and-proper sensitivities to enjoy this.

You'd be jerked-off in the final spiels so watch it until the end.

• Like (+1) 1
  • 2 weeks later...