Supplements - to Take or Not to Take?

Para sa akin, multi-vitamins lang every day, tapos now and then protein shake after workout.

Wag natin sobrahan ang katawan sa pag intake ng mga iba ibang bagay.

- Kirkland Multi-Vitamin

http://di1-3.shoppingshadow.com/images/pi/a5/ac/5e/104735402-260x260-0-0_Kirkland+Kirkland+Premium+Performance+Multivitamin.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Eating a healthy, well-balanced diet should provide you with all of the individual nutrients you need. Not everyone has a good diet so some of those nutrients might be deficient. For example, a person who hates fruits and vegetables might not get enough vitamin C and someone who refuses to eat dairy products will frequently need extra calcium. Taking a daily multivitamin is an inexpensive and easy way to be sure you are getting the vitamins and minerals you need.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

My daily supplements for 2years now.

ON Whey protein shake

Fish oil

Multivitamins

I also did try Hydroxycut & Lipo 6 Black, 1 bottle each after the other just to boost fat loss.

Now I am taking Jack3d as pre-workout supp. I had a medical exam last November 2011 and all was fine when my Cardio/IM Doc analyzed my lab results. Kidney was fine, no protein leak on my urine, BP was normal and nothing is wrong. My next Med Exam is schedule this June 2012.

Just dont take too much of everything and try exercise regularly when you are supplementing. Balance diet is a great help, focus & discipline all the way if you want a great summer body. What do you know, summer is just around the corner ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi reignman,

your posts are kind of confusing: you're taking cordymax, tegreen, lifepak, etc., pero you agree with jack 100% that there is little if no benefit from supplements.

So why do you take them pa?

To my knowledge, the only supplement with proven scientific evidence of any benefit is the Omega 3 fish oil supplements (NOT flaxseed oil).

Hi reignman,

your posts are kind of confusing: you're taking cordymax, tegreen, lifepak, etc., pero you agree with jack 100% that there is little if no benefit from supplements.

So why do you take them pa?

To my knowledge, the only supplement with proven scientific evidence of any benefit is the Omega 3 fish oil supplements (NOT flaxseed oil).

hey, i misunderstood his post actually. What i thought he meant was these supplements are of no benefit if your food intake is not right. or not living the right lifestyle.

example, if i take all these supplements, then i do drink alcohol like no end, smoke like crazy, eat unhealthy food..

then sayang din lang tong mga kinakain kong supplements.

=)

hey, i misunderstood his post actually. What i thought he meant was these supplements are of no benefit if your food intake is not right. or not living the right lifestyle.

example, if i take all these supplements, then i do drink alcohol like no end, smoke like crazy, eat unhealthy food..

then sayang din lang tong mga kinakain kong supplements.

=)

Haha, okay! :D Actually, that's the case naman - one can't live unhealthy lifestyle, and just pop vitamins/supplements to compensate. Too bad, no?

i'm curious if the supplements you take - Cordymax, etc. - work? These are mostly Pharmanex products, right? i heard they're pretty expensive stuff.

Haha, okay! :D Actually, that's the case naman - one can't live unhealthy lifestyle, and just pop vitamins/supplements to compensate. Too bad, no?

i'm curious if the supplements you take - Cordymax, etc. - work? These are mostly Pharmanex products, right? i heard they're pretty expensive stuff.

it works.

Just to let you know, my mom @ age 60 had breast cancer stage 2, she took high dosage of pharmanex products reishimax, tegreen, cordymax, optima omega, upon prescription of her nutritional onco, She never felt any side effects from chemo. Her nutritional onco even bet his life on it.. even on her hair. The onco won.

Then again, if we take these but our food intake is bad... then it just wouldn't work.

Maganda pharmanex products.. 3rd party test had been done by Harvard on these products proves they are of good quality. Hence the price.

• 3 weeks later...