Supplements - to Take or Not to Take?

hey, boss Olympus. i've got a question for you. heard anything good about Iron supplementation? i know this guy who claims that Iron and Vitamin C supplements (in addition to a multivitamin) is good for recovery and endurance athletes, particularly because he claims to have anemia from lack of sleep. i told him that guys don't need Iron. we have no way of excreting excess. Iron is for girls. and you don't get anemia from lack of sleep. but he persists, saying he consulted with his doctor/nutritionist uncle. honestly, i don't believe a word he says. what do you think?

Edited by Palakol

Brother Palakol my take is simle... if you are anemic or have any sickness that hemmorage and/or blodlooss is involved, then additional iron is essential... but if you are healthy, then you can get enough iron from the food you eat...

Though I am still thankful to taking a lot of ferrous phosphat and eating a shtload of liver when I had dengue in my teens... it saved my life

just a question for guys knowledgeable on the topic

assuming i eat correctly, workout 3/4 times a week and have proper rest days, would doing sets off pullups, dips and dumbbell shoulder press exercises be enough to stimulate growth??

i forgot to mention i had surgery on my knee and im still in the process of rehabilitation. so with that said i do lower body exercises (although only on my bad knee) like one legged squats, reverse lunges/lunges, calf raises, leg raises, and hamstring curls. i know my bad knee isn't strong enough to do exercises like dead lifts/squats etc but i do intend to incorporate those into my workout once my knee allows me to.

again my question is. if these are the exercises i do, would they be enough to stimulate muscle growth??

typical exercise sched in a week would be:

day 1 upper body

day 2 lower body

day 3 rest

day 4 upper body

day 5 rest

day 6 lower body

day 7 rest

any insight would be greatly appreciated :thumbsupsmiley:

Brother Palakol my take is simle... if you are anemic or have any sickness that hemmorage and/or blodlooss is involved, then additional iron is essential... but if you are healthy, then you can get enough iron from the food you eat...

Though I am still thankful to taking a lot of ferrous phosphat and eating a shtload of liver when I had dengue in my teens... it saved my life

i thought as much. probably just another one of those guys overrating supplements as a desperate pathetic attempt to compensate for his lazy flabby crap-eating a$s. perfectly normal. thanks, boss.

Edited by Palakol
i thought as much. probably just another one of those guys overrating supplements as a desperate pathetic attempt to compensate for his lazy flabby crap-eating a$s. perfectly normal. thanks, boss.

If he's anemic then iron supplementation might benefit him. However, being anemic and having a low blood pressure are 2 different things.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i am currently taking on whey 1 scoop. i drink it while working out 2 amino on 2222 after work out and 2 again before i sleep. help naman im planning to take creatine then when is the best time to take it. my work out is 5 min run 1 hour circuit training but i lift heavy weights low reps. 5 rounds of boxing and a 5 min run to finish my work out. my goal is to be lean and not to loose muscles. i am also in a no carb diet for a month now.