Supplements - to Take or Not to Take?

i need your help guys. my height is 5'6" while my weight is 179lbs. i got so frustrated dahil tinutukso ako na sobrang taba ko na and my physical exam showed na i'm already obese, that's why i decided to workout. i just started last monday. after work ako nagpupunta sa gym then early morning before going to work, nagjojogging ako ng about 20-30mins. are these enough?

one more thing, i decided to cut my diet. ang problema hindi ko alam ang mga dapat na kainin ko. someone adviced me to take small meals rather than the usual breakfast/lunch/dinner. ang problema din kasi hindi ako mahilig sa fruits pero veggies kahit papano kumakain naman ako.

guys, i need your list of suggestions for my diet (starting from breakfast to dinner sana..). i want to cut my beer bellllllyyyyy!!!!!!

thanks in advance for the help

Hmmm... Aside from your supplement stack, what do you eat? What's your meal schedule?

7:00am - a glass of sustagen premium mix with anlene choco

10:00am - a glass of instant oatmeal

1:00pm - half cup rice & steamed fish

4:00pm - a glass of instant oatmeal & 1 apple

7:00pm - half cup rice, veggie & steam chicken

(during work out days: 10:00pm (post workout) - one scoop syntha-6 in 10-12 ounces of water & a handful of peanuts

7:00am - a glass of sustagen premium mix with anlene choco

10:00am - a glass of instant oatmeal

1:00pm - half cup rice & steamed fish

4:00pm - a glass of instant oatmeal & 1 apple

7:00pm - half cup rice, veggie & steam chicken

(during work out days: 10:00pm (post workout) - one scoop syntha-6 in 10-12 ounces of water & a handful of peanuts

I really am concerned that your Sustagen and Anlene choco drink is not really something I'd consider a meal. For one, it's not calorie densed, its pack with sugar for sweetening, and lactose as an unwanted carb, and not really high in protein.

10:00am meal: again, where's the protein?

4:00am meal: again... protein? (and by the way, you might want to consider plain old fashion rolled oats without any sugar/flavoring)

Last comment: Way too little protein to support muscle growth. I told you supplements were meant to complement your diet and not replace them.

If you can afford it, try having a scoop of protein along with your 10am and 4 pm meal. If not, a can of tuna or a couple of egg whites may help.

I really am concerned that your Sustagen and Anlene choco drink is not really something I'd consider a meal. For one, it's not calorie densed, its pack with sugar for sweetening, and lactose as an unwanted carb, and not really high in protein.

10:00am meal: again, where's the protein?

4:00am meal: again... protein? (and by the way, you might want to consider plain old fashion rolled oats without any sugar/flavoring)

Last comment: Way too little protein to support muscle growth. I told you supplements were meant to complement your diet and not replace them.

If you can afford it, try having a scoop of protein along with your 10am and 4 pm meal. If not, a can of tuna or a couple of egg whites may help.

gee thanks! master jacques

i'm glad you pointed out mistakes that i'm continuously making and gave precise & detailed suggestions

now i know why i'm not gaining enough the way i should

i will definitely change the routine into a better one

by the way,

what do you know about AminoBolic?

is it really ok if we follow the recommended intake (7 caplets per serving) 15 minutes before working out?

can you explain about its benefits and downsides...

thanks

:thumbsupsmiley:

Edited by worshipme
Sir Jacques at sa mga fitness experts question po

Ok lang ba kumain ng egg everyday (hindi ba sya nakakatass ng cholesterol?). Kung hindi po ok ano ang limit how many eggs ang pede per week)

Thanks

No problem man. However, you might want to limit your intake of the yolk at most to one a day. Not that it's harmful, actually it's also packed with amino acids and even good omega-3 fatty acids. However, it's very calorie dense and too much might not be a good idea. Personally, I'd mix 1 egg yolk to 4-8 parts egg whites when I have them scrambled. When I'm in a diet mode, I forego the yolks.

gee thanks! master jacques

i'm glad you pointed out mistakes that i'm continuously making and gave precise & detailed suggestions

now i know why i'm not gaining enough the way i should

i will definitely change the routine into a better one

by the way,

what do you know about AminoBolic?

is it really ok if we follow the recommended intake (7 caplets per serving) 15 minutes before working out?

can you explain about its benefits and downsides...

thanks

Actually, there's nothing wrong with your diet. In fact I'd consider it as a healthy one. However, since your goal here is to really pack on muscles as natural as you possibly can, I think it would only be possible thru good training, diet (that's packed with protein, healthy carbs and fats) and proper recuperation. Remember, in bodybuilding, protein is king :thumbsupsmiley:

About AminoBolic? I'm not really sure... I've never heard of or tried that yet. But let me explain to you what amino acids are. Basically, amino acids are the building blocks of protein. Meaning when proteins are digested they turn into amino acids upon entering our bloodstream. Thus, when you consume whey, meat and protein rich products, you are essentially introducing amino acids in your body. Now since amino acids are "digested" form of protein, it enters the bloodstream faster, making amino acid levels peak and available instantly. In theory, pre-workout meals with protein (consumed at least an hour before working out) will ensure that there will be free flowing amino acids in the blood while working out. In the case of amino supplements, the first benefit I see is that you can take it within few mins. before working out if you're not a fan of eating a few hours before working out. Some people despise the idea of eating before working out because they tend to feel sluggish.

The downside of amino acids supplementation is somehow an issue also. Since they are rapidly digested, they don't stay in the blood stream long enough to support muscle growth and repair unlike when meals are taken. Since meals take time to digest, we are ensured of ample but constant amount and steady decline of amino flowing in the bloodstream. Maybe you'd ask, so why not take amino acids on a scheduled basis? Well it could be a good practice you could benefit from, but remember that your body can and will only process the amino acids it needs. This means excess amino acids will only be flushed down the toilet. And yes, some people complain about acne growth along with amino supplementation.

If you can afford it, by all means go ahead. Follow the label's instructions and you'll be fine. Not unless you have a pimple breakout. But for me, I'd rather have whey before and after working out. It's only me. I've tried aminos before and loved it. But I like the calorie support I get from way better.

@ sir jacques

i've attached the image and details of AminoBolic from the link that i found...

post-94717-1197290846.jpg

Amino acids are the building blocks of proteins and muscle tissue. All types of physiological processes relating to sport; such as energy, recovery, muscle gain, strength gain and fat loss are closely and significantly linked to amino acids. Amino acids have become a major part of athletes' supplementation, especially among bodybuilders. Amino acids are needed to maintain and repair muscles, tendons, skin, ligaments, organs, etc. They also aid in the production of hormones, neurotransmitters, and enzymes that play a role in various bodily functions.

When even one amino acid is deficient, health problems may occur. Eating highly nutritious, high protein meals is the most familiar way to get amino acids into the diet. Even some vegetables and legumes can offer high levels of most amino acids. However, for serious athletes and those on the run, protein supplements and pure free-form amino acids provide a convenient and effective way to supplement dietary needs. Ultimate Nutrition Amino Bolic is a free-form amino acid complex that supplies several of the amino acids most needed by the body, in easy to swallow (and easy to take along to the gym) caplets. The benefits of using free-form amino acids are that because they're small molecules they are much easier to digest and absorb while exercising, and they don't cause bloating or gas.

With Amino Bolic you get:

* Increased protein synthesis and recovery rate

* Over 6000mg of Leucine per serving to blast your body into an anabolic state

* Reduced muscle breakdown resulting from exercise

* Increased caloric efficiency for more muscle with less fat

* Reduced fatigue and soreness

* No Stimulants

Directions: For maximum Amino Bolic effects, take 7 caplets (one serving) 15 minutes prior to workout.

also, there's also this whey protein supplement na nakatawag ng pansin ko...

post-94717-1197291062.jpg

Ultimate Nutrition is proud to release Iso-Sensation 93 containing 100% IsoChill® Whey Protein Isolate. IsoChill is a functional whey protein isolate, processed by a novel ultra-low temperature microfiltration process to contain a full balance of undenatured bioactive whey proteins including immunoglobulin (IgG), lactoferrin (Lf), and glycomacropeptide (GMP). It is derived from sweet whey, membrane-filtered and spray-dried by indirect heat to ensure the highest product quality.

This unique formula is further enhanced with Colostrum. Colostrum has long been considered nature's first food. This pre-milk substance supplies nutrients and other necessary biological elements and activates and regulates numerous immune, growth, and repair processes. However the benefits do not stop at birth! Numerous studies have shown that colostrum continues to exert important biological activities when given to adults. As our bodies age, we produce less of the immune factors needed to ward off disease and infection. Supplemental colostrum can help replenish these stores.

Iso-Sensation 93 also includes an added Glutamine Complex. In times of stress, (weight training) certain parts of the body demand so much Glutamine that the body can’t manufacture enough. In these instances, Glutamine supplementation could make a world of difference. Intense training causes muscle cell glutamine levels to decrease, allowing for muscle breakdown. Supplementation of L-Glutamine causes an anti-catabolic effect by keeping these levels elevated thus preserving muscle mass and improving nitrogen balance. We’ve combined the most stable and readily absorbed forms into our complex. Being easily absorbed and bioavailable, peptide-bonded glutamine, N-Acetyl L-Glutamine and Glutapure enter muscle cells fast, break down to free glutamine, and perform essential metabolic functions.

Optimizing insulin metabolism can support the muscle-building process. Our SI Compex includes alpha-lipoic acid, d-pinitol and 4-hydroxyisoleucine. These ingredients are effective in improving insulin efficiency and sensitivity, and copying insulin's effects on muscle with another molecule altogether. A greater uptake of blood sugar by muscles could lead to enhanced glycogen synthesis and ultimately greater gains in lean muscle. In the end, they all favor better uptake of creatine, glucose and amino acids, and they enhance muscle recovery and growth without excess sugar use.

Finally, our enhanced delivery system includes D Complex: a blend of the digestive aids protease and lactase for superior digestibility, ensuring maximum absorption and utilization of the nutrients in this formula. These enzymes contribute to the health of the digestive tract and can increase the utilization of whey protein. Try a gourmet-flavored Iso-Sensation today and you will be hooked. You will never go back to regular Whey Protein Isolate again.

Supplement Facts

Serving Size1Scoop(32g)

Servings Per Container28

Amount Per Serving

Calories 130

% Daily Value

Cholesterol 2mg 1%

Sodium 50mg 2%

Carbohydrate 1g 0%

Sugar <1g

Protein 30g 60%

Calcium 16%

* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet

so what can you say about that master jacques? :)

Edited by worshipme

Ultimate Nutrition is a reputable brand that sells reasonably priced supplements. If you can afford it why not? Whey isolate is the most expensive form of whey protein. If you'd ask me, it doesn't really matter because protein's protein. But one benefit that isolates offer is that it's virually carb and fat free... if not fats and carbs are in its minimum levels. Great for diet support. Why not try it and give us your feedback? Afterall, hiyangan lang naman yan eh.

@enkateam

bought my dymatize 5lbs from them Sir Noah @ 2300 (sana babaan pa nila price hehehe)

Has any1 tried LEAN GAINER WHEY PROTEIN 3LBS (only 1200)

+ Kinda cheap.

+ Exclusive distributor: ETHICAL PHARMA, INC. (2005 Best Pharma Product Quality Excellence Importer national award).

Good Protein content (48 grams for 2 scoops)

BFAD approved

My question is what does it taste like? Cheap nga pero if it tastes like gamot di na din.

Feedback (for those who already tried the product) is appreciated

Thanks

Anjustu :thumbsupsmiley:

Hi sirs,

I'm raring to get back weight training again to pack on mass.. I am really a hard gainer so when I stopped actively lifting weights for a couple of months back I have no "fat" problems... anyway, which protein drink would you guys

recommend? OK pa ba yung All-Whey (cheaper kasi than most brands), or ok pa yung Designer's whey?

The last supplement I tried was MuscleTech's Cell tech - bad trip lang.. much stress on my work affected my growth..

nag rip instead of gaining mass...

Regards to all

Hi sirs,

I'm raring to get back weight training again to pack on mass.. I am really a hard gainer so when I stopped actively lifting weights for a couple of months back I have no "fat" problems... anyway, which protein drink would you guys

recommend? OK pa ba yung All-Whey (cheaper kasi than most brands), or ok pa yung Designer's whey?

The last supplement I tried was MuscleTech's Cell tech - bad trip lang.. much stress on my work affected my growth..

Regards to all

If you're trying to pack on mass, you need to eat big to get big.

Most people who say eat a lot actually only eat one or 2 large meals a day and usually have big gaps in between meals.

I have seen this countless times.

When the same guys actually ate more often and ate moderate to large meals, they suddenly started packing on muscle even without taking in any supplements

Hi sirs,

Regards to all

Eat, eat and eat!!! Cell-tech is a good mass/strength support tool.

SIR OLYMPUS, :cool:

thank you so much for the reply. :thumbsupsmiley:

can you suggest me "proper diet" for me? :(

and

"strenth training program"? :huh:

THANKS SO MUCH PO ULIT!!! :thumbsupsmiley:

1. Minimize all the sweets fatty food processed foods soda and iced tea. Don't skip meals and don't binge eat

2. for your strength training program, the least you can do is show up. You guys know where to find me/us and it would be best that we assess you first before writing any program