• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.

Supplements - to Take or Not to Take?

Guest k....
Thanks for taking time answering my queries. :) Though it kinda enlightens me in some ways, it sort of confuses me also. If you would stand with your point that 25% of BFP for a woman is too much…then I don’t know what to do. :unsure: Should I lose or gain weight? My height is 157cm and my weight is 48kg, my BMI is 19.47 (between 20 & 25 is considered ideal, below 18.5 indicates underweight, between 25 & 29 indicates overweight) and my BFP is 25%. So it is possible that I have “too much” fat but I weigh a little bit below the ideal range, right? Then how can I get rid of these fats aside from continuing my training program?

uhh quick google search i came up with this tells here normal is actually 22-25%, but i'm not sure about the figures; these are for american women and i'm not sure if it applies to our women as well. i'm so used to hearing women in my gym looking in the ~17% BF, prolly that distorted my judgement; my apologies heheh

i can't reiterate this enough: don't believe in everything your guy trainer tells you. HEHEH

uhh quick google search i came up with this tells here normal is actually 22-25%, but i'm not sure about the figures; these are for american women and i'm not sure if it applies to our women as well. i'm so used to hearing women in my gym looking in the ~17% BF, prolly that distorted my judgement; my apologies heheh

i can't reiterate this enough: don't believe in everything your guy trainer tells you. HEHEH

Hehehe

Well then, I guess there are only two things to do…

Continue my training program

And continue checking this thread…I can’t always rely with my trainer ;)

Anyways, thanks! :)

Guest k....
Hehehe

Well then, I guess there are only two things to do…

Continue my training program

And continue checking this thread…I can’t always rely with my trainer ;)

Anyways, thanks! :)

uhh i dunno basta ako if i feel good about how i look and my annual checkups with the doctor are clear then i must be on the right track. gut feel pare ;)

been taking XENADRINE NRG...after the first bottle, had stop taking it for 3 weeks...then im on my 2nd bottle now....

had lost several pounds on the first...(accompanied with diet and exercise)

right now i feel that the effect of the product doesnt seem to be the same as before....(i dont know abt the fat burning thingie..but as of the additional energy

and the ability to suppress appetite..medyo nabawasan)...

im also taking designer whey protein (pagkatapos lang mag work out)

Guest k....
been taking XENADRINE NRG...after the first bottle, had stop taking it for 3 weeks...then im on my 2nd bottle now....

had lost several pounds on the first...(accompanied with diet and exercise)

right now i feel that the effect of the product doesnt seem to be the same as before....(i dont know abt the fat burning thingie..but as of the additional energy

and the ability to suppress appetite..medyo nabawasan)...

im also taking designer whey protein (pagkatapos lang mag work out)

actually that's expected; it's a matter of the mind; if youre inclined to think that youre not eating enough just because youre used to eating so much then no amount of appetite suppresant can keep your cravings down. important is, the discipline, young padawan. bwahahah

and i did mention i lost 13lbs in 2 wks, right? on my 4th wk i'll post my results .. 3 days to go pa

i have an interesting argument: my tita just told me the other day that her doc said tuna (the supermeat brand, if you know what i'm talkin about..bawal plugging dito eh heheh) [and sardines] cause your uric levels to shoot up; does anyone have documentation on this, or studies? ive been checking the label for sodium content, wala akong makita; it's all protein, or is this not very accurate at all

actually that's expected; it's a matter of the mind; if youre inclined to think that youre not eating enough just because youre used to eating so much then no amount of appetite suppresant can keep your cravings down. important is, the discipline, young padawan. bwahahah

and i did mention i lost 13lbs in 2 wks, right? on my 4th wk i'll post my results .. 3 days to go pa

i have an interesting argument: my tita just told me the other day that her doc said tuna (the supermeat brand, if you know what i'm talkin about..bawal plugging dito eh heheh) [and sardines] cause your uric levels to shoot up; does anyone have documentation on this, or studies? ive been checking the label for sodium content, wala akong makita; it's all protein, or is this not very accurate at all

what i am thinking is that...maybe i had developed some sort of an 'immunity' thing...nasanay na ang body ko sa katakot takot na caffeine hehe....

kasi before...nung mga 1st to 2nd week...i have to force myself to eat..since i have to eat...kaso la talagang gana....

i dont have problems naman on overeating...basically i need the extra energy and the fat burning capability of the product...napansin ko lang...na nabawasan yung 'walang gana' hehe....

thanks for ur comment....

sory sa mga wrong speling nagmamadali eh

Np dude. Bout the supplements, I'm based in HK so medyo alanganin mag order. How's the shoulder na pala? I worked out last tuesday and strained my left knee in doing squats. Medyo sore siya and masakit when you bend but kaya pa naman so most likely low weights high reps ako sa lower workout ko mamaya. As for steroids, la ako alam na makuknan nun, besides creatine and fat burner rin lang ginagamit ko.

Edited by strangedays

andrean: do rotator cuffs... kung mahina ang shoulders isa lang ibig sabihin nun... too much back and chest exercise at naiwan ang shoulders dati...

dont take steroids... liliit ang kargada mo + makakalbo ka... and since wala kang workout, useless ang steroids... steroids dont make you big, workout does... steroids just make it faster... kung w/o supplements eh 1 1/2 year, 1 year kung may supplements, 6 months lang sa steroids... besides continous dapat ang steroids, hindi pwedeng isang buwan lang, usually 15-20 weeks...

-base on the experience of my friend...

Help po sana about steriods, ung mga personal experience tlga......

andrean48,

bro. as i wrote before. i can help you with the roids.

and i tell you upfront, its not an easy journey either.

i have taken four cycles under my belt. and i've helped some friend go on juice as well.

its not just steroids. you need to work out hard. and you need to eat right.

lifting weights is a small percentage of the whole deal.

you need to eat just as hard.

otherwise, sayang lang juice mo.

but if i were you, work on getting your shoulder up to 100% muna.

as van said, work on your rotator cuffs.

and you know, you are right.

being 19, you have more than enough testosterone in you to build your body.

if you feel you are losing mass, ask yourself honestly as well, are you eating enough?

and are you eating in the right portions?

there are many schools of thought.

but your body is yours alone.

you need to find out what works best for you as well.

as for your asking what the side effects are, here are a few:

1. acne

2. if you have hereditary baldness, it will be accelerated.

3. roid rage

4. your package won't shrink... but your body will stop producing natural testosterone and prolonged use will make you impotent.

think about it. there is a whole lot that you need to learn.

and we can't just talk about it by typing things here.

andrean,

quietpower is correct, dont use roids yet, ur still young! and roids is not recommended yet at ur age, slowly but surely pagalingin mo muna shoulders mo... nagpatingin ka na sa PT baka u need a theraphy

at tama rin in van_wilder a roid cycle 4 a beginner is 10-5wks

van_wilder

re: liliit karga mo wen using roids, liliit lang yan if ur an irresponsible roid user i mean with irresponsible ung iba kc they abuse roids eh and di nila ninaalam kung anong roids dapat gamitin or icombine, saksak lang cla ng saksak, also u have u use anti-E (E=estrogen) para di ka magkabitch tits at lumiit eggs mo

queitpower

anong mga roids makukuha mo, PM me naman, last time i use is testo. enanthate, i didn't use any combination jus test E. only, may makukuha ka pa ba nito??? thanx

tnx for the reply dude. any specific foods na pwede mo i-suggest without me getting my tummy bigger?

pare...any food can potentially cause ur tummy to grow...

the key is to compute ur caloric intake vs. spend...and u can gauge ur spend by watching ur activity level.

keep ur activity high and lower ur caloric intake and u'll lose weight...

now specifically sa tummy, that's genetics...if u'r losing weight and u still have ur tummy despite all the abs exercises, then that's it...poor u. blame ur parents for the bad set of genes. :thumbsupsmiley: