All About Basketball Shoes

Dr.Love

meron ba sa inyo gusto nito? size 11

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f265/complicated8/jordan_xi.jpg

mahal ang air jordan 11 dito ung orig umaabot sa almost $200. Yung air jordan 11 low naman un ang gusto ko rin kaso ang mahal ng presyo nya. Aabutin ata ng $200 ung sapatos na yon.

some pick-ups a few weeks back

cb '94 lows

post-23276-1181186154.jpg

white XXIs

post-23276-1181186236.jpg

I wanted this color for the cb 94 lows. Ang nabili ko ung color white na lang. Anyways this cb 94 lows were selling at $49.99 last spring. Limited sizes na nga lang.

Didn't see any shoe threads when I searched, so I thought this would be a nice place to get advice from Pinoys about the touchy subject of shoes.

Anyway, to get the ball rolling.

I'm playing basketball again (surprise!) I still play as a power forward despite my height (5'5). I focus on rebounding and passing, which makes me some kind of point guard as well. I just wore out my old Nike pair (laceless blue-and-white with the webbing, I forgot the name na.) Which brings me to my question:

What shoes do you guys think would best suit my needs?

Thank you in advance, I'd love to hear some opinions, especially from the basketball players out there. ;)

Didn't see any shoe threads when I searched, so I thought this would be a nice place to get advice from Pinoys about the touchy subject of shoes.

I'm playing basketball again (surprise!) I still play as a power forward despite my height (5'5). I focus on rebounding and passing, which makes me some kind of point guard as well. I just wore out my old Nike pair (laceless blue-and-white with the webbing, I forgot the name na.) Which brings me to my question:

Thank you in advance, I'd love to hear some opinions, especially from the basketball players out there. ;)

Get a shoe with good ankle support so those mid to hi-tops w/ ankle straps are definitely tops. The shoe should also have good heel cushioning.

It depends on your taste. Kasi ako ang binibili ko ung magaan at makakapagbigay ng protection sa akin sa injuries. Usually Nike fits the bill for me. Hindi lang ako nabili ng high cut usually mid cut. Medyo OT its a good thing you still play the same position. When I was in high school, I also played Power Forward despite my height of 5'6. I would go up against guys who are 5'10 and 5'11 and most of the time I would be able to grab the rebound. I had to switch to the guard position in my senior year of high school. Eversince Pt guard or Off guard ang nilalaro kong position sa basketball.

san nga kaya puedeng makascore nang jordan XI? saka magkano ba siya ngayon usually?

kung orig ang habol mo medyo mahirap maghanap nito. malamang sa ebay ka makaka purchase kaso ang mahal ng selling price nito. a few years ago nag check ako ng presyo ng air jordan 11 nasa almost $200 sya. kung gusto mong makamura sa greenhills ang daming fake na air jordan 11.

Get a shoe with good ankle support so those mid to hi-tops w/ ankle straps are definitely tops. The shoe should also have good heel cushioning.

That makes sense. Any examples? I'm in the dark when it comes to shoes... only now that I'm playing again (ah, those wasted years. :()

It depends on your taste. Kasi ako ang binibili ko ung magaan at makakapagbigay ng protection sa akin sa injuries. Usually Nike fits the bill for me. Hindi lang ako nabili ng high cut usually mid cut. Medyo OT its a good thing you still play the same position. When I was in high school, I also played Power Forward despite my height of 5'6. I would go up against guys who are 5'10 and 5'11 and most of the time I would be able to grab the rebound. I had to switch to the guard position in my senior year of high school. Eversince Pt guard or Off guard ang nilalaro kong position sa basketball.

Taste? May sipon ako eh. :P Ok ba 'yung Hurrache 2k4? :/

I was thinking of trying to buy this one, because it'd be useful off-court as well. And it isn't the usual Nike/addidas/Reebok/And1. What do you think?

Kaunti lang kasi kaming matatangkad sa batch namin sa sportsfest, so I had to stay as a PF. And I like it. :thumbsupsmiley:

Edited by BreakAndInsert6977
That makes sense. Any examples? I'm in the dark when it comes to shoes... only now that I'm playing again (ah, those wasted years. :()

I was thinking of trying to buy this one, because it'd be useful off-court as well. And it isn't the usual Nike/addidas/Reebok/And1. What do you think?

Kaunti lang kasi kaming matatangkad sa batch namin sa sportsfest, so I had to stay as a PF. And I like it. :thumbsupsmiley:

parang high cut ata yon hindi ko kasi gusto ung huarache 2k4. ok rin naman ang asics kaso cross trainer ata bibilihin mo.

Edited by airmax

Its Huarache 2k4, yan yung nabili ko sa NIKE Park warehouse (I just cant upload the pics dahil nandito ako sa office right now). Its the first shoes by Kobe when he became a NIKE endorser, I think... Maganda panglaro at talagang totally supported ang ankle mo (which is what I needed because I have this sprained ankle that needed a therapy), not to mention that it is lighter than some Nike shoes I have used in the past...

Yung Asics naman, pang cross-training yun, not recommended sa paglalaro ng basketball...

Narrowed my choices down to six:

Nike Air Force 25

Nike Air Force 90

Nike Air Max Enforcer

adidas Stealth

Nike Air Zoom Huarache 2K4

Nike Men's Shox Elite II TB

Sooo... anyone who owns these shoes? What can you say about them? :/

Those are good choices. I'm using the Nike Air Force 90 & adidas Stealth right now & their good in terms of performance. If the Air Force 25's were on sale back then, I would have probably acquired them instead of the Air Force 90. Just get the one which has the available size for you & your favorite color.