Books To Be Turned In To Movies.

Spellsinger by Alan Dean Foster. A prelaw student gets transported to a dimension with Middle Age flavor, magic, and talking animals. May mga drug use at bestiality references nga lang at may consistency issues for a series, pero guess how the bida casts spells? Singing rock and roll!

Seriously - they're doing a movie based on Spellsinger?

Sana huwag nila babuyin...baka ica-cast nila si Jack Black bilang si Jon-Tom

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

50 Shades of Grey

Matt Bomer would look perfect as Christian Grey. i haven't thought of who would be a good Anastasia Steele. please, not Kristen Stewart. rolleyes.gif

another vote for 50 shades of grey

50 Shades. I am interested on who will be the lead actors.

I'm playing on the role of having Ian Somerhalder for Christian Grey and Emma Watson for Anastasia. Emma seems to have matured with her hairstyle pick.

I'm a Fifty Shades fan too! :)

Also looking forward for the actors who will portray the roles! :) ;)

Edited by Ms. Hopeful Romantic
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

http://img2.timeinc.net/ew/i/2012/12/03/fl-enders-game_510x380.jpg

Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Looking forward to this also...think Starship Troopers meets The Hunger Games (it's from Lionsgate, the studio behind HG)

The cast is led by Oscar nominees Asa Butterfield (Hugo) - who plays Ender Wiggin - along with Abigail Breslin (Little Miss Sunshine) and Hallee Steinfeld (True Grit) as some of his Battle School-mates as well as Harrison Ford, Viola Davis and Sir Ben Kingsley. Gavin Hood (X-Men Origins: Wolverine) directs from a screenplay by Card himself.

Btw, one of the Ender's Battle School-mates is the Filipino Fly Molo, to be portrayed by Brandon Soohoo (the child soldier from Tropic Thunder)

Edited by johnnydrama
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

http://img2.timeinc.net/ew/i/2012/12/03/fl-enders-game_510x380.jpg

Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Looking forward to this also...think Starship Troopers meets The Hunger Games (it's from Lionsgate, the studio behind HG)

The cast is led by Oscar nominees Asa Butterfield (Hugo) - who plays Ender Wiggin - along with Abigail Breslin (Little Miss Sunshine) and Hallee Steinfeld (True Grit) as some of his Battle School-mates as well as Harrison Ford, Viola Davis and Sir Ben Kingsley. Gavin Hood (X-Men Origins: Wolverine) directs from a screenplay by Card himself.

Btw, one of the Ender's Battle School-mates is the Filipino Fly Molo, to be portrayed by Brandon Soohoo (the child soldier from Tropic Thunder)

this caught my eye so i ended up downloading e-books of the Ender's Saga.

blazed through ender's game and liked it a lot.

dove into the 2nd (and 3rd) book.

medyo tinabangan ng onti so i backed off for a bit.

so i peeked at the first few pages of

Warm Bodies

while flying to work.

pretty good 'hook'. though obvious nga na bagong sibol lang yung author. hindi din ako nagulat when i found out na it seems na galing interwebz lang yung idea and this is his first book. lucky that he got a book AND movie deal out of it.

• 4 months later...

Got a pretty long wishlist:

http://benjobooks.files.wordpress.com/2010/12/elric11.jpg?w=220&h=300

Michael Moorcock's Elric series could make a good film franchise...if Guilliermo del Toro would be producing. Paul Bettany would make a perfect Elric, with Rupert Grint as Moonglum. Rounding out the cast would be Penelope Cruz as Cymoril and Antonio Banderas as Yyrkoon

http://lh4.ggpht.com/_QP27vINEeA8/S9jaXfdCj_I/AAAAAAAAAVM/C6cfk61PvOk/All_thumb%5B3%5D.png?imgmax=800

Alfred Bester's The Stars My Destination has all the tropes to make a prime Summer BlockbusterTM tentpole release - starring Bradley Cooper as Guilly Foyle/Geoffrey Fourmyle, Chrstina Hendricks as Jisbella McQueen and Zoe Saldana as Robin Wednesbury (did I mention Jason Statham as Saul Dagenham????)

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...