Best Browser

finally, a browser better than Firefox and Internet Explorer. Introducing Google Chrome.

Check it out here: http://www.google.com/chrome/index.html?hl...utm_campaign=en

...just too much of hardware resource use and the browser freezes up. The googleupdate.exe is a royal pain in the anus... it freezes up a lot, its really a beta... somebody ought to do a better job at it...

My last 2centavos on the Google Chrome Beta

Specially dedicated to the GoogleGuys who talks so affectionately about this browser

---------------------------------------

I have tried it and took the browser for a test drive. There is very disappointing and very annoying add-on that totally whacked my system--- The disturbing GOOGLEUPDATE.EXE just totally upset my browsing experience completely because it was getting in the way of the setup in my zone alarm firewall.

With that going on, when I open another browser like Firefox I also encountered the same problem. The bug was slowing down and freezing up the browser till it crashes and I had to do a relaunch. It got so bad that I had to remove the browser all together. In the removal process I had to get into my registry and clean out the awful mess the GOOGLEUPDATE.EXE was doing in my registry. It was wreaking havoc and acting like a malware carnival from hell.

Even with the file removed the update bug was still pinging my firewall. At this moment Chrome is google's imagination of the browser it wished it can do. For now it does not even come close to crapfari or opera or my firefox.

If google guys are reading this I want to suggest that they should at least give people the courtesy of asking people if they wana download this dorky annoying googleupdate.exe file.

I think google-pack download also contains this annoying bug. I won't try that out either. No way. And, I am not gonna come back on this beta and re install and try this again.

Well other stuff I found about it:

• Has chrome-source (Inspect Element) option to examine every component on the page
  • Keeps on contacting im-YY-fXXX.google.com where X = some number and YY = country Short Prefix
  • eg. im-uk-f123.google.com
  • On every GET request the User-Agent sent is
  • User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US) AppleWebKit/525.13 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/0.2.149.27 Safari/525.1
  • Has stolen "Duplicate Tab" option from opera but doesn't duplicate in the same window, instead opens a new Window
  • Lacks a good Full Screen View Option

Opera Quietly Rolls Out 9.6 Beta

Opera last made headlines when it became the first Windows browser to past the demanding Acid3 test of internet compatibility. Hot off the release of Opera "Kestrel" 9.5 and this good news, Opera is preparing to roll out its latest major release: 9.6. The beta of the upcoming browser went live today.

The news is likely largely overshadowed by the release of Google's Chrome browser. The Norwegian team behind Opera, however, is not worried at all about Google's entry into the market. In fact they're excited.

Read more>>>