Free Legal Advice

Butsoy

i'm a newby here can anybody help me I'm having problems with my Help and Support link in my Start menu when I click it a pointer and an hour glass appears and then nothing happens papano kaya ito mga bros marami na rin ako na visit na site pero wala ko mahanap na solution Help please Thanks in advance

guys could you help me out here? i have 2 pc's at home, and i want to share the internet with my other pc.  problem is, i'm just connected in my neighbor's router coz' he's the one connected by pldt dsl, meaning he's just sharing it to me. 

if you could help help me out, my main pc, is running at windows xp pro and that he's the one connected to my neighbor's router, and this pc of mine has 2 lan cards.  is it possible for me to connect another straight crimped cat 5 from my main pc extra lan card to my other pc and connect it to it's lan card?

could i share my internet connection to the other pc? which btw is also running at windows xp pro. thanks! how do i do it?

Not a guru with this one, why don't you try an access point?:D or try to buy a crossover cable :D

i'm a newby here can anybody help me I'm having problems with my Help and Support link in my Start menu when I click it a pointer and an hour glass appears and then nothing happens papano kaya ito mga bros marami na rin ako na visit na site pero wala ko mahanap na solution Help please Thanks in advance

why use that link? :D

Guest Leviticus
guys could you help me out here? i have 2 pc's at home, and i want to share the internet with my other pc.  problem is, i'm just connected in my neighbor's router coz' he's the one connected by pldt dsl, meaning he's just sharing it to me. 

if you could help help me out, my main pc, is running at windows xp pro and that he's the one connected to my neighbor's router, and this pc of mine has 2 lan cards.  is it possible for me to connect another straight crimped cat 5 from my main pc extra lan card to my other pc and connect it to it's lan card?

could i share my internet connection to the other pc? which btw is also running at windows xp pro. thanks! how do i do it?

Im not so sure about this; better research on the net about rj-12 wire configuration; although I heard that there is a way to share it but only to share files. the best I can think up (on the fly) is to get another router for your 2 pc's or get a lan card that ACTS as a router. just ask at any computer shop about this but I think the cost of this is also the same as to buying a router.

anther alternative is to get a USB router and share your internet via the usb port.

for sharing the internet connection; no problem na yan because win xp gamit mo. just go to internet connection sharing wizard and click away.

My work as well as that of my colleagues at the office deal with some sensitive files that are for the eyes only of our boss. Our operating system is Windows 2K and we belong to a large network. While tinkering with his PC, one of my colleagues discovered that his hard drive was shared. The same was the case too with mine and that of the others in our Department. I was able to untick the shared option but every time the pc is restarted, the shared option is activated again. I don't think there is a policy in our office regarding the authority of the IT people to pry into our pcs.

Questions:

1. Does this mean that the administrator of our network can see, copy and even modify our files?

2. Is there a way to prevent this (through installation of some third party software or otherwise) even if we don't have administrator status?

Any help is greatly appreciated. Tnx

My work as well as that of my colleagues at the office deal with some sensitive files that are for the eyes only of our boss.  Our operating system is Windows 2K and we belong to a large network.    While tinkering with his PC, one of my colleagues discovered that his hard drive was shared. The same was the case too with mine and that of the others in our Department.  I was able to untick the shared option but every time the pc is restarted, the shared option is activated again. I don't think there is a policy in our office regarding the authority of the IT people to pry into our pcs.

Questions:

1.  Does this mean that the administrator of our network can see, copy and even modify our files?

2.  Is there a way to prevent this (through installation of some third party software or otherwise) even if we don't have administrator status?

Any help is greatly appreciated.  Tnx

Question 1:

Depends on what type of sharing was made, as I remember W2k does not allow simple sharing like xp and 98. Try to do this. go to my computer, right click the shared drive and select sharing. In the sharing tab click on permissions you can see who has permission to access your drive. And yes whoever is listed in the permission list can access all your data (on the shared drive). Besides the mere fact that you don't have administrator status makes the administrator virtually the owner of your pc.

don't think there is a policy in our office regarding the authority of the IT people to pry into our pcs.

Technically they do have a right. They're the one in charge of maintenance and all IT related stuffs :).

Question 2:

Preventing the admin to access your pc may cause implications. If ever they cannot access your pc they might report it to higher authority or take action for themselves (re-configuring your pc to a point that you could only use the program they want and need to use). A solution might be possible if you're allowed to install a program then you may try to install any of these (Previous post)

Best Regards

Yes you can by using Winxp ICS (internet connection sharing) just make a cross cable (or ask your friendly computer shop to make one for you) and connect it to your pc's lan card. Actually the best choice is by connecting direct from the router hub from your neighbor's connection. :)

The scenario by using ICS and cross cable is that both your pc will have the same IP connected to the router in short no configuration needed sa kapitbahay.

Buying a hub and connecting it to the line from your neighbors house and connecting both your pc to the hub is also possible but the router will now assign two internal ip (ex 10.0.0.2 and 10.0.0.3) for both your pc.

Hope this helps

Regards

Yes you can by using Winxp ICS (internet connection sharing) just make a cross cable (or ask your friendly computer shop to make one for you) and connect it to your pc's lan card.  Actually the best choice is by connecting direct from the router hub from your neighbor's connection.  :)

The scenario by using ICS and cross cable is that both your pc will have the same IP connected to the router in short no configuration needed sa kapitbahay. 

Buying a hub and connecting it to the line from your neighbors house and connecting both your pc to the hub is also possible but the router will now assign two internal ip (ex 10.0.0.2 and 10.0.0.3) for both your pc. 

Hope this helps

Regards

dude, meaning i could connect my pc thru lan to lan? what i did was, i connected it with a straight connection cable, lan to lan. haven't tried it yet with the cross cable. where can i find in windows xp, the ICS option or internet connection sharing?

i could'nt connect to my neighbors lan card coz' the router is already full, that's why i'm using my primary computer as the router.

thanks for the help

is there a way to soften the impact of the 70% input tax credit ceiling in the new EVAT law? I mean when you get charged 100% VAT if you are the user, but as a supplier you can only credit 70% of your input VAT. i know there is no pass of tax provision, but wouldn't that just be double taxation? or did i just read it wrong altogether?

just asking...

My work as well as that of my colleagues at the office deal with some sensitive files that are for the eyes only of our boss.  Our operating system is Windows 2K and we belong to a large network.    While tinkering with his PC, one of my colleagues discovered that his hard drive was shared. The same was the case too with mine and that of the others in our Department.  I was able to untick the shared option but every time the pc is restarted, the shared option is activated again. I don't think there is a policy in our office regarding the authority of the IT people to pry into our pcs.

Questions:

1.  Does this mean that the administrator of our network can see, copy and even modify our files?

2.  Is there a way to prevent this (through installation of some third party software or otherwise) even if we don't have administrator status?

I think you may be referring to Administrative shares like C$, D$, ADMIN$, and so forth. Those are automatically created by Windows, which is why they keep coming back every time you reboot.

Edited by trebbie
dude, meaning i could connect my pc thru lan to lan? what i did was, i connected it with a straight connection cable, lan to lan. haven't tried it yet with the cross cable. where can i find in windows xp, the ICS option or internet connection sharing?

i could'nt connect to my neighbors lan card coz' the router is already full, that's why i'm using my primary computer as the router.

thanks for the help

Options:

1. You need to use a cross cable when connecting one lan-card to another lan-card. (this is just to make your 2 PCs converse with each other). Then use WinXP's ICS or other proxy-software (such as Wingate) to share the internet.

2. Buy a switch ( the cheapest 5-port is only P800.00). connect the lan cable from the neighbor's router to the switch. connect your two PCs to the switch. no need to use cross cable.

Questions:

If its the default Win2K shares like C$, then that's just normal. However with admin rights, your IT department can change w/c files or folders they can access. They can also restrict your rights so that you cannot even install programs or surf the net. No point getting into an argument with them. Most likely talo ka.

My suggestion is to hide the private documents under various folders and subfolders. Encrypt them and use the hidden property.

il_jr, trebbie and valjean,

Thanks for your help, comments and suggestions. What appears in the shares option is exactly as you described it, "C$". Granting that the share option is only that (meaning "C$" only) but without administrator status, does this mean they can still see our files?

What you said about downloading software being restricted is also correct. I guess we need to talk to our boss and have our pc's set up in a way that IT can not see our files. To be doubly sure, we need to encrypt the files just as you guys suggested. Thanks again guys.

is there a way to soften the impact of the 70% input tax credit ceiling in the new EVAT law? I mean when you get charged 100% VAT if you are the user, but as a supplier you can only credit 70% of your input VAT. i know there is no pass of tax provision, but wouldn't that just be double taxation? or did i just read it wrong altogether?

just asking...

im not sure if i got ur question right

anyway yung sinasabi mo po na 70% lang

maccredit ng seller dun sa 100% VAt, on

the assumption po yun na nag-exceed

nga ng 70% ang input tax over the

output tax... kasi if the input tax is less

than 70% of the output tax, then 100% of

such input tax is still

creditable.....besides, creditable naman

po yung excess in the succeeding quarters

im not sure if i got ur question right

anyway yung sinasabi mo po na 70% lang

maccredit ng seller dun sa 100% VAt, on

the assumption po yun na nag-exceed

nga ng 70% ang input tax over the

output tax...

yes, so at excess of 100%, one can only credit 70%. so the shortfall is carried over to the next quarter, which is problematic becase your allowable limit for the next quarter (which is also 100%) is whittled away by the carry over (for example instead of the full tax credit if equal, one would have to be relegated to 70% since the there is the carry over from the previous quarter)

kasi if the input tax is less

than 70% of the output tax, then 100% of

such input tax is still

creditable.....besides, creditable naman

po yung excess in the succeeding quarters

that is the problem, there may come to a point that the carried over tax credit (or is it debit?) would eventually eat up the maximum allowable per quarter. in effect your pie for next quarter is already allotted, as such one would be forced to carry over; the extreme case would be the previous quarters' carry over tax would be equal to 100% of the VAT credit at day one of the next quarter.

hello to all all lawyers, I would like to ask for advice regarding renta law. May renter kasi kami at 3 months ko ng di nakikita at di pa nakakabayad. pinuntahan ko sa bahay kaso putol na ang kuryente at tubig. Pinagtanong ko sa kapitbahay mga isang buwan ng wala. Ngayon nakausap ko yung kapatid nagpunta daw sa province at may inasikaso, pero yung gamit anduon pa sa loob ng bahay. Ano kaya ang remedy ko duon. Ala pa kaming contract kasi panay paliban din nung lawyer na pinagawan ko at wala rin akong time pumunta duon kasi ang layo para sa akin . Yung bahay e nakapangalan sa kapatid ko at binigyan lang ako ng power of attorney na mamahala. Pwede ko bang buksan yung bahay at ipagbili yung mga gamit nila o kailangan puntahan ko muna yung bgy captain para samahan niya akong inventory yung gamit duon. Iniisip ko naman baka mamaya mademanda pa ako ng trespassing. Pls pm if you can help me , it would be greatly appreciated.

got a question for all you lawyers out there....

what is the deifinition of estafa? If somebody offered you a card guranteeing you free services sessions from a personal care business that was going to be put up by that person. You bought that card because you were promised that the business is about to open in a less than a month. However, a month passed and the bussiness was still not open. Another date was promised for the opening of the place. Again the shop did not open on the promised date and a new target opening date is set. This thing kept on happening such that it's been more than 5 months already and the establishment hasn't oppened. You formally lodged a complaint and demand a refund but you were not granted a refund. The owner still claims that the business will open soon.

Can I go to court and file an estafa charge against this guy? What will be my chances in winning the law suit?

Are there other charges that I could file? What if I ask other customers who also bought the card and file a class suit? Will my chances of winning increase?

Hope you can enlighten me on this case as I've already had it with the owner of this joint.

yes it may qualify as estafa for as long as you allege prior or simultaneous deceit or mirepresentation on the part of the respondent which caused you to part with your money. otherwise, it will only be a plain civil case for collection of sum of money.

kakasuhan mo si howshiao? the amount involved though might be too small for you to go court. unless, of course, if you want to teach him a lesson.

Your remedy is to file a suit for unlawful detainer. However, you must first issue against the lessee a demand to pay or comply with the conditions of the lease and to vacate is made upon the lessee, or by serving written notice of such demand upon the person found on the premises, or by posting such notice on the premises if no person be found thereon, and the lessee fails to comply therewith after fifteen (15) days in the case of land or five (5) days in the case of buildings (RoC, Section 2, Rule 70).

You cannot go in and sell his properties. Di lang trespassing maikakaso sayo, it might be theft or even robbery with force upon things. Yung inventory naman kasama yung barangay captain or some other credible person, pwede lang yun sa mga bahay na walang tao na naisyuhan ng search warrant.

hello to all all lawyers, I would like to ask for advice regarding renta law. May renter kasi kami at 3 months ko ng di nakikita at di pa nakakabayad. pinuntahan ko sa bahay kaso putol na ang kuryente at tubig. Pinagtanong ko sa kapitbahay mga isang buwan ng wala. Ngayon nakausap ko yung kapatid nagpunta daw sa province at may inasikaso, pero yung gamit anduon pa sa loob ng bahay. Ano kaya ang remedy ko duon. Ala pa kaming contract kasi panay paliban din nung lawyer na pinagawan ko at wala rin akong time pumunta duon kasi ang layo para sa akin . Yung bahay e nakapangalan sa kapatid ko at binigyan lang ako ng power of attorney na mamahala. Pwede ko bang buksan yung bahay at ipagbili yung mga gamit nila o kailangan puntahan ko muna yung bgy captain para samahan niya akong inventory yung gamit duon. Iniisip ko naman baka mamaya mademanda pa ako ng trespassing. Pls pm if you can help me , it would be greatly appreciated.