Free Legal Advice

Butsoy

hi, i'm sorry i'm not very familiar with the law but what is PLEB?

People's Law Enforcement Bureau...i think...quasi-judicial body in the city or municipality which handles complaints against erring policemen...

are all arrest considered illegal without a warrant?

To apprise you, the following arte the provisons on the Rules of Court:

Sec. 5. Arrest without warrant; when lawful. – A peace officer or a private person may, without a warrant, arrest a person:

[a] When, in his presence, the person to be arrested has committed, is actually committing, or is attempting to commit an offense;

When an offense has just been committed and he has probable cause to believe based on personal knowledge of facts or circumstances that the person to be arrested has committed it; and

[c] When the person to be arrested is a prisoner who has escaped from a penal establishment or place where he is serving final judgment or is temporarily confined while his case is pending, or has escaped while being transferred from one confinement to another.

There is a treasure trove on jurisprudence on the matter.I would suggest you keep the above in mind and if a particular situation occurs, consult formally with counsel.

I hope this helps.

Guest Leviticus
Would this mean you could use access point if you already have a network that was already setup?  :blush:

Thanks so much dude!

^^yes you can. simply add the access point to the existing LAN, do a little config (don't ask me how, nanonood lang ako kung paano yan).

from the LAN to the access point to the wireless network; ganun ang flow

thanks for the answer.

here is another question,

ung lupang tinitiran namin, may umaangkin, kasi dati, ung lupang ung magkakapatid ang talagang may ari,

bali isa ang may ari, major na sya ngaun, dahil nga ung mga kapatid ng wife nya wala matirhan, binigay nya

ung lupa, verbal lng, kasi ung lupang un eh parang ang magkakaron lng eh mga sundalo o mga police, pero wala

pa title nung binigay un, kahit tagging wala pa, ngaun nung nagkaron ng tagging, hinarang nung isa sa

magkakapatid ung nag tataging, malamang cnabi nya na sa kanya ung lupang un, nabigyan sya ng tagging dun sa

lupang un na sa kanya lng, wala sya iba kahati, tapos ngaun pinagagawan nya ng title, eh naharang nga namin(family ng wife ko)

tapos ginamit nya nga ung falcificated documents para malakad ung title, pero naka hold na sa releasing ng title, may kaso ba na

pwede isampa sa kanya, sa ginawa nya? hal. ung pumirma sa falcificated documents eh nasa ibang bansa,

papauwiin ba sya para sa hearing, ang hinala kasi namin ung anak ang nagsign sa mga tao na nakalist sa papers,

naka notaryo pa ung papers na un sa pasay, makakasuhan din ba ung nagnotaryo na un?

thanks.

what are considered conjugal properties?

it depends on a lot of things...when they were married...the law in effect at the time of the marriage governs their property relations...it also depends if there was a pre-nup...and the citizenship of the owner of the property if and when he/she chooses to be married here...conjugal properties may also pertain to properties owned in common...not necessarily by and between individuals married to one another...

there is a strict legal definition for conjugality...but if loosely applied it may refer to properties owned by a group or partnership...

^^problem might be with regards to your video card or monitor.  check connections if loose.  does the CPU switch on when you turn it on?  if it does then video card/monitor nga.  if your cpu doesn't turn on problem may be with your power supply.

more of a hardware issue kapag wala ka kasing makita.

better to bring it to a technician if all else fails.

hmmm.. no problem with the monitor. and the cpu turns on...

wala ka bang naririnig na beeping after you turn on the box?

no beeps whatsoever...

Try manually resetting the bios by shorting the BIOS jumper [usually JP1] on the board.

if that doesnt work, try checking if the Procesosr is still intact/not burned.

What is your PC's spec anyway?

p4 2.8 ghz, 1024 memory, 40 gig hd, a 128mb video card...

Guest Leviticus
Any suggestion? kasi kakabit ako ng network at home and right now i'll be borrowing router palang kasi still waiting for the money. now gusto ko mag-wireless network, mas maganda b bumili nalang ng access point or bumili ng wireless router?

Help!

Since starting ka lang pala (meaning wala ka pa nabibili) then go for the wireless router. However; masmahal ang wireless router (around P6k?) than router lang (mga less than 1000), plus mga network cards mo. I think mga around P500 ang wireless network card?

but if you have the budget then go for it!!!

Since starting ka lang pala (meaning wala ka pa nabibili) then go for the wireless router.  However; masmahal ang wireless router (around P6k?) than router lang (mga less than 1000), plus mga network cards mo.  I think mga around P500 ang wireless network card?

6k?:D sobra naman :D hehehe :D anyway, a wireless router is just around 3.5k (D-Link DI-624+) others could be much expensive or cheaper, but I'll go to D-link, the setup page (config) is a breeze, you don't have to be a know it all before understanding them :D very good for normal end users :D Linksys, well... hate to say, but Im disappointed sa wifi router nila, I RMA'ed mine twice in just 2-3 months. Sakit sa ulo pa ang config :D but still maganda din performance ng linksys (except for the occasional speed/signal drop, which I wish could was fixed w/ a firmware upgrade) Edimaxx is also good :D for beginners sya :D almost plug and play :D my very first wifi router before switching to Linksys then D-link :D

The router will be between 3-4k, a wifi lan card will be around 2-3k, if you plan to extend the signal, a better antenna will be around 1.5k(Edimaxx 5dbi antenna) to 13k (8dbi outdoor antenna)

But if you wan't to buy a wifi router for network gaming, I still suggest using the cable, many obstacles could degrade the performance of the wifi, thus, lags occur :D like here in my home, halos magkatabi lang xpc ko and my rig, BF2 is already quite annoying kasi may mga instances of lags, pero when I used the cable, viola, no lags :D I suggest buying one for future use or if you have a PDA or laptop :D

I suggest huwag na sya magfile ng legal action. Mahahassle lang sya sa time and effort, of course pati sa bayad sa abogado. Saka puno na mga court dockets. It would even appear petty considering such a thing happens everyday to a lot of people. "Sticks and stones may break my bones, but names can never hurt me", sabi nga nila. Just take note that if it happens again, pwede sya makipagmurahan o makipagsigawan sa gagong collector. Kung medyo timid sya, just warn yung collector na kupal na huwag naman syang ganun at nakakasakit na sya.

We don't have to "sue anything that moves" as Americans do.

Well, this is kinda out of topic, pero I have the same problem with collectors pero wala pa naman sa bastusan level. Unlike the previous case, I cannot pay for the credit card anymore. I have been in constant communication with the bank/collection agency and the last time I talked to them, they said they would already go to court regarding my debt. I have a contractual job which ends on December 2005. I have been paying regularly since 2001 but things got really hard financially this year and I have failed payments since the beginning of this year. The debt amounts to 300,000 now (because of interests and penalties). I own no property, except for a few old appliances. We are living under my in-laws roof. I am married. I'm just waiting for the legal complaint to be served to me and am planning to file for bankruptcy. The problem is that I don't know how and I'm not sure what will happen if I do file for bankruptcy. I am hoping that filing for bankruptcy would allow me to "start fresh" financially. The burden of this debt has been very hard on my family. I don't mind losing some appliances but I am worried that I might be left with completely nothing. I would also like to know how much I would have to spend if I do file for bankruptcy. Please help. Thank you!

Since starting ka lang pala (meaning wala ka pa nabibili) then go for the wireless router.  However; masmahal ang wireless router (around P6k?) than router lang (mga less than 1000), plus mga network cards mo.  I think mga around P500 ang wireless network card?

I see... ok thanks so much dude...

barebone pcs, yung mga cute na maliit na parang box lang :D Actually, the only disadvangte I see is that your upgrade option is limited, like, only 1 optical drive, 1 floppy, and 1 hard disk only. most of them only has 1 Agp/1 PCI-e slot and 1 pci, max is usually 3. :D So if you plan to add or upgrade your pc much, I suggest getting a desktop instead :D

Another thing, a lot of people are saying that barebones are hot, actually, they're not, they seem to be hot since its quite cramped, but all barebones are made specifically to cool each component, like my SN95G5 here, small, when you touch it, warm, its because the power supply is at the side, but the temp inside is not hot, room temp. actually :D

Advantage is the size, good for condos and small rooms :D classy din tingnan and you can bring it almost anywhere :D but remember the price... the Shuttle XPC will cost around 18-25k, and thats the casing and mobo alone. :D

how much is a reasonable fee per hearing for a good lawyer (anybody here?..i know it could be very expensive) if i want to claim something from my father who recently died...his mother, my paternal grandmother also recently died after him..my paternal grandfather died many years ago already..my father has 4 siblings living who are already selling the mother's (my paternal grandmother's) properties..i am the only legitimate child of my dad...my mom and dad are already separated for more than 7 years now...my father has 2 illegitimate children ..

i hope somebody will help me here ..thanks..

please help me with my case, im jobless for almost 6 months now because of my condition (pregnant with history of threatened abortion), i wasnt able to pay my credit cards kasi i dont have enough funds at this time, i offered them kung pwede ako magbayad kahit P500 per month but they are inconsiderate, i dont have any intention na takbuhan sila. i know for a fact that no one can be put in jail because of utang but in my case kasi medyo complicated, on my application to them kasi i changed my age (coz b4 i was only 20 yrs old and their requirement is atleast 21 yrs above), my questions is...can this be considered FRAUDULENT? or can this be a ground for a FRAUDULENT act? i already received demand letters, im so desperate and worried and i dont know what to do now, lalo na malapit na ako manganak...i wanted to pay them but for now talagang im on a tight budget....help me PLEASE....

Lunch break ! For me, at least. :)

Question popped before me last week:

How do you fill up the new stock and transfer book of a company when the old one is in the custody of the adverse party?

Second:

What is the current excise tax on tobacco products imported from China? What are the corresponding taxes?

Gotta eat!

See you guys!

ps; Jlo: don't worry about it too much.

ei need help and advise...

i work in a call center in pasig, last week of sept of this year our management as us (all reps) a favor to sacrifice our 1 hour lunch break to 30 mins only for the remaining 5 days of the month to qualify because our company lacks 2,800 calls due to high absentism rate and manpower... so we obliged thinking that we are going to help our company to be qualified and besides we can file the 30 mins as on o.t. however as time goes by its already oct 17 and they says its not going to be lifted until further notice due to lack of manpower and high absentism. my question is is there any law in our country to allow employees to get 1 hour lunch break and its manadatory to all companies? we still have our two 15 minute break, before we get 2 15 minute break and 1 hour lunch break, now its 2 15 minute break and 30 min lunch. i find it so unfair that teh employees are the one shouldering the burden, while its the companies fault why we lack manpower. please help...

please help me with my case, im jobless for almost 6 months now because of my condition (pregnant with history of threatened abortion), i wasnt able to pay my credit cards kasi i dont have enough funds at this time, i offered them kung pwede ako magbayad kahit P500 per month but they are inconsiderate, i dont have any intention na takbuhan sila. i know for a fact that no one can be put in jail because of utang but in my case kasi medyo complicated, on my application to them kasi i changed my age (coz b4 i was only 20 yrs old and their requirement is atleast 21 yrs above), my questions is...can this be considered FRAUDULENT? or can this be a ground for a FRAUDULENT act? i already received  demand letters, im so desperate and worried and i dont know what to do now, lalo na malapit na ako manganak...i wanted to pay them but for now talagang im on a tight budget....help me PLEASE....

seconding the bo's advice, it is still incumbent on the credit card company to perform a background check...now by their approval they have accepted all the information contained as as verified and correct...secondly it isnt as grave as a falsified certificate of employment...besides what they want is money...just say at the time you applied you were 20 turning 21 so at the time you used your card you were of age...

next time they call...ask for the agent's full name and position...keep a record of all the times they made calls...this serves as your record that these agents refused your offer to pay...as far as i know, they earn on commissions from amounts collected, hence their zeal in pursuing claims regardless of basic etiquette...

do not worry about the small stuff...focus more on your own and your baby's welfare...

Saklolo po,

NAtangal po ako sa trabaho, kaya po di na ako nakabayad sa dalawang credit card ko po. Pwede po ba nilang kunin ang mangilanngilang gamit na naipundar ko na po? Ano po ba yung bankrupcy di po ba sa negosyo lang yun. meron po ba nun sa individual? ano po ang pro and cons nun. Parang awa nyo na po tulungan nyo po ako. Ang mga anak ko nga po inampon na ng nanay ko dahil wala n akong maipakain sa kanila. MAY ILANG GAMIT PO AKO NA NAMANA KO SA TATAY KO ayaw ko po sana ibenta dahil ito lang po ang ala ala namin sa kanya, pero kung kukunin lng ng bangko ipamimigay ko na lang sa kapatid ko. pinakisuyo ko lang po sa kapatid itong sulat dahil di po ako marunong magcomputer masyado.

parang awa nyo na po paki sagot po. Pagpalain nawa kayo ng poong maykapal.