Free Legal Advice

Butsoy

Question number 2:  computer manyaks...

I'm in the market for a laptoP::::

choice number 1:  Apple Mac 12" combo drive (no dvd writer, is this absolutely essential?) 1.33 GHZ pwer pc G4 80mb HDD (should i opt for more)

this will cost approx. P72K in singapore...

or just a regular run of the mill PC laptop which costs around there, if not even more...

come on boys and girls, pros and cons, help me make an intelligent decision...

Can't help you with your 1st question kahit wifi din gamit ko... but I'll try to help you with this question. :D

It will really depend with what you need... ask yourself, will you be playing games here? are you more concerned with the weight than performance? are you more concerned with the brand than performance? Will this be used for entertainment or for business only or for both? Do I want a laptop that does desktop capabilities?

Anyway, I suggest just getting the Whitebox if you're going to buy a laptop here in the Philippines. Why? Heck, all the parts and almost all laptops are made in one same place, and it is assembled like a desktop (so, its chop chop :D) So if its chop chop, it means that what a generic laptop has is also what a branded laptop has, except for the casing. :D

Imagine this... a 120-150k branded laptop will have the same specs as a 70-80k whitebox laptop :D

But in the end, its your choice :D

once a company has declared a position as redundant, is it forever barred from re-opening the declared redundant position for future employment?

been looking..and as i said, labor real rusty....

Redundancy is a question of whether the function is already being or can be performed by another function or whether it is still useful to the company given the circumstances of the company and the position. Thus, even if it is considered redundant today, it may no longer be redundant in a few years when the conditions change.

Of course, from the labor law perspective, the re-opening of the redundant position at a time very near the closing thereof and termination of the person occupying the same may constitute as illegal termination. But if the re-opening occurs a year or two later, then it may be justifiable.

Redundancy is a question of whether the function is already being or can be performed by another function or whether it is still useful to the company given the circumstances of the company and the position.  Thus, even if it is considered redundant today, it may no longer be redundant in a few years when the conditions change.

Of course, from the labor law perspective, the re-opening of the redundant position at a time very near the closing thereof and termination of the person occupying the same may constitute as illegal termination.  But if the re-opening occurs a year or two later, then it may be justifiable.

thanks for the wisdom...

if my latin is right...it is in caeteris paribus

hi. ask ko lang po. what do i need to do to file financial support for my 2 kids. my son is already 9 1/2 and my daUGHTER is turning 8 yrs. old. my exhubby and me have been separated for 6 yrs now and it was only this year that he started giving money for the kids. he's a seaman and his mistress is the one who gets his allotment. is it possible for me to demand 50% of his salary to be directly sent to me? becoz wats happening is that his mistress is the one who gives me the money and she's really a bitch! making me and my kids feel that she's the legal wife chuva. and also, can i demand that he supports his children's full education? all of the legal attorneys inside the house, i need your guidance and advices. thanks so much...

good day. i have some questions regarding a case.

the brother of my gf together with 3 househelps(all guys) recently moved in a new rented place somewhere in tarlac. 3 days after, around 3-4am, they heard a commotion outside. one of the househelp went outside to check and was greeted by another tenant/landlord with a punch. the brother of my gf followed and received the same treatment. there were cops accompanying the tenant and the brother of my gf & another househelp were accused by the young live-in partner of the tenant of rape. so they were hauled to jail and a case was filed in fiscal.

the tenant was actually the relative of the landlord so he's like the one sort of managing the place.

her brother assured everyone of his relative that he didn't commit the rape and was a victim of a frame up. the girl underwent medical examination but came out negative. the brother underwent medical examination as well but my gf was not sure for what purpose. my gf doesn't believe the girl was rape coz she talked to the girl about the incident and the girl was "mataray" and "taas nuo" while talking. the girl didn't even cry nor showed any signs of trauma.

my gf is suspecting that money is the motive coz when her brother moved in there were no electricity and the tenant/landlord ask for about 2,300 as payment for electricity and at one point borrowed P100 from her brother for food. they also suspect that the tenant must've overheard the brother telling his househelp that her mother might be sending in some money so maybe the tenant thought it to be a big amount and made this accusation hoping for a cash settlement.

now, can the cops just arrest them without warrant? will this be a complicated case? can this kind of case be filed right away in fiscal? how long will the process take? any tips on what they should do aside from getting a lawyer?

You should Alwaysconsider product support of any gadget you buy. It may look cheap in terms of initial price but if you encounter a problem with the cheap device later on / during use[in this case, Laptop], you'll end up spending thousands for a paperweight.

I agree with this 100%, but if your confident enough that you can find for yourself someone to help you in case a problem occurs, by all means get something that smack right your budget.

good day. i have some questions regarding a case.

now, can the cops just arrest them without warrant? will this be a complicated case? can this kind of case be filed right away in fiscal? how long will the process take? any tips on what they should do aside from getting a lawyer?

based on your facts:

1. No they can't.

2. No, it's not complicated. Expensive, but not complicated.

3. Fiscal or Municipal Judge should conduct a Preliminary Investigation. Normally it'll take 60 days or so, but do not rely on that.

4. They SHOULD get a lawyer. And File admin cases against the policemen and a criminal case against the "victim".

Well after my IPOD NANO hangged on me (after 1 month), and Apple says they have to send it back to Singapore for repair, you can all rest assured that I am never buying another Apple product.

My brother warned me, after his IPOD 40 Gig was replaced by Apple customer support a record 3 times...

Having good customer support is one thing,

having to use it constantly is another...

I don't have to have to worry about something breaking down, after paying top dollar for it.

I should've bought the dam creative...

and I'm definitely buying a PC...

Maybe even a whitebox,

thanks menime

Oo. makakasuhan silang lahat.

Aside from violating the Revised Penal Code for falsification (Art 172), if they use the said forgeries in order to gain unlawfully, then estafa through falsification of documents.Also the notary would be liable for Art 171 of the Revised Penal Code.Also include Arts 183 and 184 of the same Code.

On another note, this stands as notice in rem that linus larrabee and this representation are one and the same. Please address all inquiries with linus to this persona.

based on your facts:

1. No they can't.

2. No, it's not complicated. Expensive, but not complicated.

3. Fiscal or Municipal Judge should conduct a Preliminary Investigation. Normally it'll take 60 days or so, but do not rely on that.

4. They SHOULD get a lawyer. And File admin cases against the policemen and a criminal case against the "victim".

Sir,

can they file the admin cases against the policemen and the criminal case against the victim while there's a pending case against them?

hi. ask ko lang po. what do i need to do to file financial support for my 2 kids. my son is already 9 1/2 and my daUGHTER is turning 8 yrs. old. my exhubby and me have been separated for 6 yrs now and it was only this year that he started giving money for the kids. he's a seaman and his mistress is the one who gets his allotment. is it possible for me to demand 50% of his salary to be directly sent to me?

File a petition for support with the RTC where you reside,. Include in the petition the facts you have stated. Only upon direct order of the Court can the salaries be garnished. (no dear, it's not bacon bits, pickles or sauerkraut)

becoz wats happening is that his mistress is the one who gives me the money and she's really a bitch! making me and my kids feel that she's the legal wife chuva. and also, can i demand that he supports his children's full education? all of the legal attorneys inside the house, i need your guidance and advices. thanks so much...

in the petition you can seek for the tuition, maybe even an allowance for yourself and reimbursement for previos costs incurred. What is imperative is that you are able to provide evidence to jusify your claim. Courts are known to be quite conservative on this matter.

As for the mistress, once you file your petition for support,and support pendente lite (during trial)

you can opt for a criminal case for concubinage...

I hope this helps.But do hire a lawyer, that for sure would help your cause.

Guest Leviticus

^^problem might be with regards to your video card or monitor. check connections if loose. does the CPU switch on when you turn it on? if it does then video card/monitor nga. if your cpu doesn't turn on problem may be with your power supply.

more of a hardware issue kapag wala ka kasing makita.

better to bring it to a technician if all else fails.

^^Easy enough to answer.  from an internet search:

Access point is a hardware or software that acts as a communications hub for wireless device/s to connect to a network lan.

router is a device that forwards data packets along networks.

therefore; any network hub is considered as a router whether it be wireless or not while access point is an essential hardware (or software as the definition states) to connect wireless network devices on a pre-existing local area network.

Would this mean you could use access point if you already have a network that was already setup? :blush:

Thanks so much dude!