• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.

Free Legal Advice

Butsoy

Guys, i need help. Meron b s inyo nakakaalam how to partition a hard drive without using a 3rd party software. I got a laptop kc n ndi partitioned ang maindrive. Gusto ko sana i-partition para para magkaroon ng D drive and I can still use the original OEM n OS. My friend recommended using Fdisk.exe na nsa start-up floppy ng Win98 pero sabi nya eh after partitioning and using the system recovery CD of the laptop, babalik sya s pagiging un-partitioned so he just recommended using partition magic. Possible b yun gusto ko gawin??  :unsure:  :(

ano ba ung laptop mo? sa HP laptops and Recovery CDs kasi, you can have the option to partition the hard drive yourself..

Guys, i need help. Meron b s inyo nakakaalam how to partition a hard drive without using a 3rd party software. I got a laptop kc n ndi partitioned ang maindrive. Gusto ko sana i-partition para para magkaroon ng D drive and I can still use the original OEM n OS. My friend recommended using Fdisk.exe na nsa start-up floppy ng Win98 pero sabi nya eh after partitioning and using the system recovery CD of the laptop, babalik sya s pagiging un-partitioned so he just recommended using partition magic. Possible b yun gusto ko gawin??  :unsure:  :(

dude, using FDISK u need to reformat ur PC.. so unless u have backup ur files and the time to reinstall all ur programs, u can stick w/ that utility. You should try Partition Magic since you can partition ur HD w/o reformatting. anyways if you don't want to use the program you can just uninstall it to save the space..

hope this helps ;)

dude, using FDISK u need to reformat ur PC.. so unless u have backup ur files and the time to reinstall all ur programs, u can stick w/ that utility. You should try Partition Magic since you can partition ur HD w/o reformatting. anyways if you don't want to use the program you can just uninstall it to save the space..

hope this helps ;)

formatting the HD is no problem kasi nakapag-back-up n nmn ako ng data. ang concern ko lng ay if i use FDISK and then ndi din nagawa, syang lng oras.... i downloaded a trial version ng partition magic s net pero ndi nmn gumagana. you need to buy the full version daw.... wala man lng trial period... :grr: :grr: :( :(

older version n sya ng Compaq Evo series . nung ginamit ko n yung recovery CD, wlang lumabas n option to partition the HD. After matpos yung system restore, drive C lng sya. tried sa disk management pero ndi possible..  :(

ah that's the problem with older Compaq models.. with your situation and what you want to happen, its either:

1. use the recovery CDs, then use 3rd party partitioning software or;

2. use FDISK to partition, but you wont be able to use the laptop's recovery CDs.. :)

formatting the HD is no problem kasi nakapag-back-up n nmn ako ng data. ang concern ko lng ay if i use FDISK and then ndi din nagawa, syang lng oras.... i downloaded a trial version ng partition magic s net pero ndi nmn gumagana. you need to buy the full version daw.... wala man lng trial period...  :grr:  :grr:  :(  :(

wag ka basta basta gamit ng pirated and trial version ng mga ganyang software.. naka experience na ako dati, disgrasya ang data ng customer dahil sa ganyan.. :grr: buti na lang nagbackup ako.. :hypocritesmiley:

ah that's the problem with older Compaq models.. with your situation and what you want to happen, its either:

1. use the recovery CDs, then use 3rd party partitioning software or;

2. use FDISK to partition, but you wont be able to use the laptop's recovery CDs.. :)

wag ka basta basta gamit ng pirated and trial version ng mga ganyang software.. naka experience na ako dati, disgrasya ang data ng customer dahil sa ganyan.. :grr: buti na lang nagbackup ako..  :hypocritesmiley:

Ganun ba? yun din sabi ng friend ko eh. better to back-up my data regularly... :)

Hey Pañeros, R&R tayo... any suggestion for Christmas PArty?...Saan?...How much would be the damage to property? and who will coordinate? ANy Volunteer/s?

PArty ng MTC Law Office.... pass d hat na lang sa damage... I can spare Php5,000.00

Para makilala natin ang isat-isa pati....

Do I Hear A LOUD YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Greetings to MTC Lawyers,

Id like to ask your legal advise regarding a notice of auction, a friend of mine loaned money against his life insurance to start a business, business did not do quite well, he wasnt able to pay, house was foreclosed (according to the insurance company/lender, house was also given as collateral on top of the paid premium deducted from the sum received from the loan), the auction hearing is set on the 22nd of December is there any way to suspend the said auction as there are certain irregularities on the contract (he said that it could be the reason why the lawyer of the insurance company does not want to talk to them for a possible settlement). Is there a process similar to a TRO for this case? The insurance company is also demanding rent from my friend coz they said that they already own the house.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

a question to those learned men and women who have mastered the art and science of labor law...

a recently promoted supervisor (previously of rank and file standing) has committed a dismissible offense... his promotion though was still to be confirmed (or formalized by the issuance of appointment papers)...may the employer withdraw such provisional promotion and return the fellow to his former position? secondly, during his provisional promotion, he received commissions as a supervisor, can this be withdrawn by the employer if and when he is demoted?

i have scanned recent decisions that demotion must not affect the salary, benefits and other emoluments of the person. but the thing is, there was no formal investiture of the position so can this benefit be determined as not having vested as a right?

my labor is real rusty...

oliverjohnholmes:

The way you put it, am I correct in making the assumption that the subject employee is already performing the task and receiving benefits of the the position he is to occupy by reason of his promotion? If yes, I am more inclined to favor the view that he is deemed promoted even if the confirmatory appointment has not yet been issued. Moreover, this view is in keeping with the non-diminution of benefits principle.

If the demotion is the result of a simple transfer, it will not only be illegal to reduce his benefits, it will as well constitute constructive dismissal. But if the demotion is undertaken or imposed as a penalty for infraction committed by the employee, the withdrawal of the benefits enjoyed by him while occupying the higher position, I think, will not be violative of the non-diminution principle. This form of penalty is generally being imposed by CSC. I don't see any reason why this form of penalty cannot be utilized in the private industry.

But then again, why not just terminate the services if indeed he committed a serious offense punishable by dismissal. This renders moot the resolution of the demotion issue.

oliverjohnholmes:

The way you put it, am I correct in making the assumption that the subject employee is already performing the task and receiving benefits of the the position he is to occupy by reason of his promotion? If yes, I am more inclined to favor the view that he is deemed promoted even if the confirmatory appointment has not yet been issued.  Moreover, this view is in keeping with the non-diminution of benefits principle.

If the demotion is the result of a simple transfer, it will not only be illegal to reduce his benefits, it will as well constitute constructive dismissal.  But if the demotion is undertaken or imposed as a penalty for infraction committed by the employee, the withdrawal of the benefits enjoyed by him while occupying the higher position, I think, will not be violative of the non-diminution principle.  This form of penalty is generally being imposed by CSC.  I don't see any reason why this form of penalty cannot be utilized in the private industry.

But then again, why not just terminate the services if indeed he committed a serious offense punishable by dismissal. This renders moot the resolution of the demotion issue.

thanks justx...

actually there are two schools of thought on the matter...first is the strict application of the non-diminution principle, regardless of the cause of such demotion...on the other hand, your succint opinion goes into the heart of what the new wave is, diminution for cause...

i am obliged to use the technicality to justify the withdrawal of benefits, justifying that although basic salary is retained, the removal of the benefit of commissions and overrides is but proper since such benefit accrues to the position holder and not the person...i know technical rules vest no substantive right and all that, but the absence of a replacement which would not hamper over all operations is the main consideration for the exploration of this avenue..

again thanks justx...your advise would be well heeded...