Free Legal Advice

Butsoy

so depende din pala sa surface?

depende ba un kung minimal light?

kasi mahina light dito sa area ko ngayon..

naka lamp lang kasi..should i replace my mouse?

white surface ayaw pag mouse pad gumagnaa..my mousepad is green..

dapat kasi mejo dark ang surface na pag-gagamitan mo. also, bawal n ang surface eh salamin. kung may kasamang manual yan, makikita mo n nkalagay n its a big no-no na gamitin sya s slamin ang surface like the ones that we use in our terrace or verranda na desk before. wla nmn kaso yun lighting s pligid nya. khit n ptayin mo ilaw, gana p din yan. ndi ko lng alam kung ano interface na gamit mo (PS/2 or USB) kasi meron ako kakilala datin PS/2 optical mouse ang gamit eh ndi gumana s umpisa. yun pla kailangan p yun driver kasi ndi plug-and-play. :)

nope, you can't

you can only "play" the file in a DVD drive. 

however; if you COVERTED the file into a DVD movie format then pwede mo siya i-play sa DVD player mo... DVD player means yung player ng home entertainment system.  but still hindi pa rin pwede sa CD-ROM drive yan.

so even if the file type i write in the DVD-R disc is only an avi file, it still has to be played in a DVD drive.. tama ba pagkaintindi ko? :unsure:

sensya na boss bubuy at  mali ang description ko s above posts. laptop ang gamit ko and wla sya PS/2 port. USB port ang gamit ko. sira n kasi touchpad nya eh.  :(

ano bang laptop yan bro? ipaayos mo na lang ung touchpad.. :D

kurtsky, tama si blitzz.. dapat nde reflective ung surface, kailangan din kasi ng light from the optical mouse ng reference point eh.. kung merong kang checkered surface mas ok.. :D

ano bang laptop yan bro? ipaayos mo na lang ung touchpad.. :D

kurtsky, tama si blitzz.. dapat nde reflective ung surface, kailangan din kasi ng light from the optical mouse ng reference point eh.. kung merong kang checkered surface mas ok.. :D

hehehe, nagloko n un touchpad at ndi ma-repair sa pinas eh. Sony p nmn sya. bili n lng bgo pag may pera, hehehe!! :lol: still, yun p rin problem sa "jumping" cursor... hhhmmmm... :(

guys pls help me i have 2 problems

1.) i just bought a new optical mouse today and replaced my old one,forgot the brand

but,whenever i use my optical mouse without a mousepad,it wont work,

i mean,the cursor wont move at all!

but pag may mouse pad,ok naman siya. help?

2.) i wanna upgrade my video card, to play new games such as doom 3,far cry etc.

problem is,i have P4 1.7 Ghz processor

so I plan to buy a Geforce 6600 AGP 8x 256 MB DDR

Is this card nice? Good for gaming? Does it require alot of power?

I Only have a 500 Watt PSU would that be sufficient?

I hear that this heavy duty card reuires extra power daw.

And when i went to the PC store, the guy told me that, my current processor wont run the 6600 video card,such that di daw kakayanin at baka  masunog ung board or thge stuff inside my CPU..

i kinda dont get it though.. sabi niya kasi i need to buy a new processor,

P4 3 Gig daw preferrably to run the 6600 card..

any truth to all this? but one store told me hinde naman daw kelangan basta AGP ung board ko ok na..

im currently using an ASUS AGP 8x board.. forgot the specs..

i guess they just wanna make money from ei eh?

need ur advice thanks!

:thumbsupsmiley:

1. Optical mice needs an opaque surface. It's also PnP so there's no driver to think about.

2. That technician is pulling your leg. 6600FX is ok but 6600GT is much better. 500W PSU is ok as long as it's a branded PSU [coz it has real power rating then].

1. Optical mice needs an opaque surface. It's also PnP so there's no driver to think about.

2. That technician is pulling your leg. 6600FX is ok but 6600GT is much better. 500W PSU is ok as long as it's a branded PSU [coz it has  real power rating then].

ah ic..

what if my PSU 500W is not branded? doies it mean 6600 wont run? or what will happen to my PC if i put that video card with a 500W generic PSU.. or shoyuld i get a higher wattage PSU,kahit generic?

mahal branded eh

Edited by kUrTsKY

i plan to buy either of the 2 cards

..a Sparkle Geforce FX 5500 128MB/256MB AGP

or a Inno3D Geforce 6600 256MB AGP

problem is..my board is an ASUS p4s8x-Mx and processor is P4 1.7Ghz

technician at shop told me the processor is not compatible with the 6600.

ung pins dad ng processor di match sa video card or if ever daw magawan ng paraan magakaka problema pc ko..

pls help.. dunno what to buy now. .

thanks!

ung pins dad ng processor di match sa video card or if ever daw magawan ng paraan magakaka problema pc ko..

thanks!

no true.. maybe your P4S8x-MX does not have the 12v rail attached that is

why the 6600 wont run.. also in the BIOS, try to run first the AGP slot rather

than the on-board video. It might also be a BIOS problem, so a BIOS update

would be helpful.

thanks!

go for the 6600, the 5xxx series of Nvidias have had problems ever since they first launched.

That technician is either a moron or a liar trying to make a sale. Video cards use either an AGP or PCI slot. Walang bearing kung anong socket type ng CPU.

As for performance, don't expect to use the 6600 to its utmost potential as the bottleneck in your system is the P4. 1.7 Ghz is pretty slow nowadays, considering that the 6xxx series of Nvidias launched when people were buying 2.8+ Ghz CPUs. You'll still see a good performance increase though.

If there's a problem with the motherboard detecting the video card though, consider two things:

1. Update your BIOS and disable any built-in video.

2. The video card being installed may actually be defective and the shop is trying to pass it on to you.

so even if the file type i write in the DVD-R disc is only an avi file, it still has to be played in a DVD drive.. tama ba pagkaintindi ko? :unsure:

Sir bubuy, you are burning on a DVD media and "CD" players can not read DVD media while "DVD" players can read both DVD and CD medias. If you wan't to burn your VCDs, a DVD media can only take 6 CDs or approximately 3hrs (4.4gb) of media. If you wan't to make it longer, you could decrease the clarity, screen-size, etc of the movie but it will really make it sucks. It will not matter if it is DVD+R/RW, DVD-R/RW as long as it will be played in a computer with DVD-ROM and windows XP so you can read multisession DVDs.

If you want your burned DVDs to be played in DVD players you have to use a DVD+R media and Nero 6.6 or such to create a DVD format movie (3hrs movie only) or if your DVD burner is capable of burning on a Double/Dual Layer DVD disc (DVD-DL which costs about 350.00 and can contains 7-8GB) and finds it cost-effective, then by all means do so.

It is important to remember that you should always choose 1-2 steps below the fastest writing speed of your writer to prevent buffer under run even if your burner is protected against this. :)

thanks!

this is the first time I ever heard/read that a CPUs PINs are related to the video card and that you can configure the pins to match the video card. kUrTsKy, don't ever go back to that shop.

anyway, i advise you not to shell out much dough on AGP 8x cards cause its only a matter of time when this cards becomes a thing of the past.

ic.. i know pci cards are coming out soon

so if ever i buy a vid card right now that is agp, and son when pci cards come out, i should buy new mobo right? unless ung bilhin kong mobo now supports pci cards.. meron bang ganun?

thanks for the info guys..

hehe

so the 6600 would still run on my 1.7P4 eh?

i hope no problems would arise..

im using a 500 Watt PSU..

sa site nga ng inno3d,

it says na the 6600 rquires only a p4 and a 300 watt PSU..

thats what ive been explaining to the shop where i wanna buy it

lol

and, i hope that this 6600 card would last for at least a year before pci cards start cming out or have alreayd came out but are still quite mahal

Edited by kUrTsKY

@blitz

i returned the optical mouse i bought to the shop and they wouldnt replace it,

kasi gumagana sa kanila, nakakahiya tuloy lol!

pero sakin dito hinde, parang naluge na nga ako dun..

ill have to find a way to make it work..

dati kasi may ganun din ako same brand and model, gumagana..

nasira lang kaya bought a new one..pero this time ayaw na.. hehe

@deus,

and another thing,

the technicians at the shop even told me that since the 6600 is a fast card,

my processor might not even handle it,thus my board migh tget fried ,

im nto quite sure about his statement lol!

:lol:

As for performance, don't expect to use the 6600 to its utmost potential as the bottleneck in your system is the P4. 1.7 Ghz is pretty slow nowadays, considering that the 6xxx series of Nvidias launched when people were buying 2.8+ Ghz CPUs. You'll still see a good performance increase though.

@thirteen,

the asus p4s8x-mx board has onboard video i think..

and do you mean that if ever the 6600 would work using my processory and board,

it would have a hard time i mean,mag hahang pc ko most of the time dahil di kaya?

Edited by kUrTsKY

Help naman po....I am planning to buy a desktop PC for myself....gaming purposes

Medyo matagal na din akong hindi na uupdate regarding the newest stuff. Witha budget of 30K...can you give me a setup na maganda ang video card, mobo, P4 and kung saan ako makakahanap ng mapagkakatiwalaang PC shop and mga technicians...parang nakaktakot na kasi bumili kung saan saan now eh...

dami akong naririnig na madali daw masira yung mga PC sa PC express, sa Gilmore....saan ba ang pinaka OK bumili...?

ano po ba ang magandang video card that ranges from 5k-8k? wla po gano funds e... ung ok na panglaro ng games tulad ng path of neo, nfs most wanted, and alike... posible ba yun na mura pero can play this games? thanx!

With you budget, the best bets would be 6600 vanilla, 6600GT and 9800 Pro...but the 9800 Pro is only in AGP unlike the 1st two options.

whats the difference between a pci and AGP video card?

does it show sa graphics mismo? sa resolution? hmmm..

worth paba bumili lang ng bagong board na suports PCi..kasi some boards dont eh

maganda ba talaga 6600? sabi kasi nila eh

Just to be sure, the PCI mentioned here is PCIe. Getting a mobo with PCIe is sort of future-proofing as this replaces (or will eventually) AGP; but take note that there are mobos there with both AGP and PCIe.

Guest Leviticus
haha funny, the shop where i wanna buy the 6600 agp 8x card kept insisting that my pentium 4 1.7Ghz pc wont run that card and told me to buy the 5500 instead.. LOL

natatawa ako sa experience mo bro. lumalabas na walang alam ang "technician" na yun. hehe.

meron din akong similar experience but hard disk naman. akalain mo sabihin sa akin ng technician that the hard disk that I'm buying won't work with my computer? like.. hello?!? ang sabi raw ng "technician" hindi gagana ang hard disk ko with my celeron processor (1.8 Ghz).

kahit na mura ang price ng hard disk na yun iniwan ko na lang. in the long run kung magkadiperensya ang hardware baka kung anong reason ang ibigay sa akin pagdating sa warranty. it's not worth the hassle.

baka same shop tayo ng napuntahan? :blink:

eto pa isang technician from hell story:

my younger brother went to a computer shop to have his CPU reformated. busy ako masyado so he opted to have it serviced. the tech guy tried and tried to reformat the computer but in the end walang nagawa. hindi raw compatible ang software with the hard disk. ang masaklap nyan ay sinisingil pa ang kapatid ko for the "reformat". kinausap ng kapatid ko ang manager ng shop and complained.

later that week ako naman ang tumingin. pambihira.. kaya hindi na-installan ng OS (take note.. original OS) ng lokong technician ang computer ng kapatid ko is because pinartition nya ang C drive ng 20 Mb lang. hindi pala marunong magpartition yung technician na yun :thumbsdownsmiley: