Free Legal Advice

Butsoy

:blush: :blush:

Sorry to ask. me computer moron kc.

i use a prepaid card.. after about an hour my computer will log out. this is despite my constant use. tapos when i log in the error message says there is error on my login name or password. usually i think na ubos na prepaid ko pero the next day ok na ulit kahit same prepaid ang gamit ko.

hi guys! im new here in mtc and i dont know if someone ask already for an advise similar to my problem, medyo madami na kasing nakapost dito kaya nahihirapan akong mghanap, kung ok lang sa inyo manghihingi ako ng advise...

im working in a computer shop (gaming and internet) may isa akong problema walang timer ang mga pc kaya nahihirapan akong patigilin yung mga ibang naglalaro lalo na mga makukulit na mga bata. meron ba kayong alam na timer na libre i mean hindi yung beta or trial version na puedeng i download for free? hehehe!

meron bang software na sa isang computer lang ang may access na shut down or i restart ang ibang computer within the network? meron kc akong nabili sa greenhills cyber cafe pro. i tried the program pero after one hour ng sshutdown ang mga pc khit hindi pa tapos yung time na alloted for the pc.

the reason kya binili ko yun para mashut down ko lang ang ibang pc sa server pero i dont like yung automatic na mgsshutdown ang pc pagkatapos ng time kc yung mga ibang customer nageextend.

can anyone help? thanks in advance.

computer specs:

intel celeron 900mhz

256mb memory sdr

32 mb tnt video card

20 gig hardisk

:blush: :blush:

Sorry to ask. me computer moron kc.

i use a prepaid card.. after about an hour my computer will log out. this is despite my constant use. tapos when i log in the error message says there is error on my login name or password. usually i think na ubos na prepaid ko pero the next day ok na ulit kahit same prepaid ang gamit ko.

try downloading and installing and running the both of the ff:

AVG anti virus. way much much better than NAV and McAfee. although 5.X mb lang to. believe me mamamangha ka.

Ads-aware. when u are connected kase. spywares might be messing up your connection after they had sent the data gathered from ur pc.

OT: have u recieved my PM about my number?

its also in my profile too.

thanks.

hi guys! im new here in mtc and i dont know if someone ask already for an advise similar to my problem, medyo madami na kasing nakapost dito kaya nahihirapan akong mghanap, kung ok lang sa inyo manghihingi ako ng advise...

im working in a computer shop (gaming and internet) may isa akong problema walang timer ang mga pc kaya nahihirapan akong patigilin yung mga ibang naglalaro lalo na mga makukulit na mga bata. meron ba kayong alam na timer na libre i mean hindi yung beta or trial version na puedeng i download for free? hehehe!

meron bang software na sa isang computer lang ang may access na shut down or i restart ang ibang computer within the network? meron kc akong nabili sa greenhills cyber cafe pro. i tried the program pero after one hour ng sshutdown ang mga pc khit hindi pa tapos yung time na alloted for the pc.

the reason kya binili ko yun para mashut down ko lang ang ibang pc sa server pero i dont like yung automatic na mgsshutdown ang pc pagkatapos ng time kc yung mga ibang customer nageextend.

computer specs:

intel celeron 900mhz

256mb memory sdr

32 mb tnt video card

20 gig hardisk

you might wanna check out download.com

search under internet cafe, a list of downloadable softwares are there to choose from...

also there's a fault in you're proceedures! cyber cafe pro is actually good, but the thing is, you must ask a user if he wants to extend ten minutes before his time is up, to reset the terminal's timer being used, it's good pr too! also, start the timer once a user sit's down in front of the terminal...

simple isnt it?

post-20-1069966816.gif

you might wanna check out download.com

search under internet cafe, a list of downloadable softwares are there to choose from...

also there's a fault in you're proceedures! cyber cafe pro is actually good, but the thing is, you must ask a user if he wants to extend ten minutes before his time is up, to reset the terminal's timer being used, it's good pr too! also, start the timer once a user sit's down in front of the terminal...

simple isnt it?

i have heard of that cafe pro as well from a co-worker who runs a net cafe.

meron lng syang crack for it.

masyado daw maiksi time for eval.

:lol:

fallen_angel_M

may min-project kami. similar to cafe pro pero not so rich features.

one of them is remote shutdown/lock/restart ng pc.

syempre kasama dun yung time keeping ng mga pc.

mejo matagal namin ito matatapos since side project lng sya.

kapag tapos na kami.....would u like to do beta testing?

computer specs:

intel celeron 900mhz

256mb memory sdr

32 mb tnt video card

20 gig hardisk

Puwede ka na di mag-download ng software. Kung may mahihiraman ka ng Win2K Advanced server puwede ka gumawa doon ng mga restrictions para sa mga units mo. Isang main computer na may advanced server then the rest puwede nang Win98.

thanks for the advise guys! i'm gonna try looking at download.com for free softwares. iddry run ko ulit yung cyber cafe pro kung meron ngang mali sa mga produres ko or i think yung mga settings... the program doesnt comes with manual kaya nahhirapan akong magexperiment! hehehe! about the beta testing matsutsu inform me nlang kung kailan available yung program mo pr matest natin. regarding win2k advanced server puede bang i shutdown or i restart yung ibang pc from 1 pc only?

again... thanks for the meaningful info!

Hello techwhiz peeps,

First of all i'd like to say i enjoyed going thru this thread being one of those women who's into technology.

I would like to humbly ask for recommendations as to what laptop to get given a 60thou budget. If you had that budget what laptop would u purchase? May i also know whats the difference between Intel Centrino and Pentium4 processors when buying a laptop? The user will definitely not use the laptop for gaming,only for internet browsing and chats plus of course music downloads. I read in the previous postings that a laptop should have upgrade options(posting of FrankSinatra). If so,then what is the best laptop to go for given such consideration. I would appreciate any site links and PM msgs if you're selling laptops(ex Jupiter :) )

Thank you in advance for all of your help guys.

Hello techwhiz peeps,

First of all i'd like to say i enjoyed going thru this thread being one of those women who's into technology.

I would like to humbly ask for recommendations as to what laptop to get given a 60thou budget. If you had that budget what laptop would u purchase? May i also know whats the difference between Intel Centrino and Pentium4 processors when buying a laptop? The user will definitely not use the laptop for gaming,only for internet browsing and chats plus of course music downloads. I read in the previous postings that a laptop should have upgrade options(posting of FrankSinatra). If so,then what is the best laptop to go for given such consideration. I would appreciate any site links and PM msgs if you're selling laptops(ex Jupiter :) )

hi there techie girl,

the diff between Centrino and P4/P4-M are their speed and Power saving technology.

Centrino is the best at this time. It can conserve energy better than P4-M moreso than a P4. Based on the Banias Processor with 1024Kb L2 Cache, its 1.4Ghz is actually faster than the P4-M 2.2ghz which only got 512Kb.

at 60K, u cud buy the Acer centrino but that laptop is one of those I dont recommend mainly because of its weak construction. Im not sure if its our climate or its poor materials that makes it brittle and break like a cookie after sometime.

personally, I won't Buy laptops now that are way too expensive. simply because, If u are wary about the depreciation of assets, the P4, Centrino will suddenly lose their value come mobile 64-Bit generation which is next year. In United states, 64-Bit laptops are already being sold this Q4-2003. It will be here next year .

99.99% of the computers and laptops sold here in the phils now are all 32-Bit.

64-Bit computers are the latest trend. They are faster and can do more multitasking processes and its completely different from the 32-Bit we are using now.

Confusion on what to buy is the main problem when buying something.

Here are my suggested Guidelines:

1. It should first fulfill my NEEDS.

2. after that, what are the extras, do I NEED them? how much are the extras.

3. What are the other options

For your needs and the timeliness of purchase, u should only buy a PIII or a PII, those already depreciated so when 64-Bit comes, they wouldn't lose value like the Centrino and P4 will when 64-Bit arrives here.

and do you know that when P4 and Cenrino are in battery mode, to conserve batt life, it will slow down to 300-500MHz? If they are run in full speed using their batteries, it will only last for an hour or less. So sometimes, I ponder, why are users buying Ghz-speed laptops when they aren't run at that speed, only when connected to wall socket - which a desktop already does.

Guten tag! Buen dia! Good day! :)

Hello techwhiz peeps,

for 60K, i think best option is a 2nd hand laptop.

brand new laptops are really expensive.

Hey,

Thanks for the prompt response to my query. Your explanation helped a lot. Quite frankly,I never liked Acer(no offense sa mga Acer users). Maybe because I used to work for an IT company back then when i was still in the Phils. giving me access to a lot of hardware benchmarking information.

I'd appreciate more inputs should you have some so keep it rolling please. Thanks so much!!

computer specs:

intel celeron 900mhz

256mb memory sdr

32 mb tnt video card

20 gig hardisk

Mas importante malaman ang operating system na ginagamit mo rather than the hardware specs. Saka how is your LAN setup? May server as in server talaga or peer to peer sya na naka network?

Ala Netopia ba gusto mo? Ayaw mo magpagawa ng customized?

I'm sure merong mga studyante willing gawin yan as a thesis :D

Kung kukuha ka ng downloadable, make sure hindi lumalabas anywhere especially sa task manager yung software o kaya disabled ang ctrl+alt+delete, otherwise end process lang ng user software mo.

Edited by leinad31

HI GUY'S! thanks for all the input re: memory from 512mb to 1GB, i'm staying put with 512mb for now as the consensus is, overkill lang at walang masyadong gain (sorry bro matsutsu!) i'm largely into games only and not much technical thingies so okie na siguro yon!

Just to clear up some things though, tama yung pinost before that populating all the slots of your motherboard with modules will actually slow it down (as the posted link to an article from tom's hardware described it) but as Dual channel DDR is now fast becoming a norm this is no longer the case for after benchmarking (see tom's hardware article "search for the holy grail" of ram) the fastest configuration of Dual channel DDR is 4 double sided modules, second is 4 single sided modules. just to let you guys know.

hi there techie girl,

the diff between Centrino and P4/P4-M are their speed and Power saving technology.

Centrino is the best at this time. It can conserve energy better than P4-M moreso than a P4. Based on the Banias Processor with 1024Kb L2 Cache, its 1.4Ghz is actually faster than the P4-M 2.2ghz which only got 512Kb.

at 60K, u cud buy the Acer centrino but that laptop is one of those I dont recommend mainly because of its weak construction. Im not sure if its our climate or its poor materials that makes it brittle and break like a cookie after sometime.

personally, I won't Buy laptops now that are way too expensive. simply because, If u are wary about the depreciation of assets, the P4, Centrino will suddenly lose their value come mobile 64-Bit generation which is next year. In United states, 64-Bit laptops are already being sold this Q4-2003. It will be here next year .

99.99% of the computers and laptops sold here in the phils now are all 32-Bit.

64-Bit computers are the latest trend. They are faster and can do more multitasking processes and its completely different from the 32-Bit we are using now.

Confusion on what to buy is the main problem when buying something.

Here are my suggested Guidelines:

1. It should first fulfill my NEEDS.

2. after that, what are the extras, do I NEED them? how much are the extras.

3. What are the other options

For your needs and the timeliness of purchase, u should only buy a PIII or a PII, those already depreciated so when 64-Bit comes, they wouldn't lose value like the Centrino and P4 will when 64-Bit arrives here.

and do you know that when P4 and Cenrino are in battery mode, to conserve batt life, it will slow down to 300-500MHz? If they are run in full speed using their batteries, it will only last for an hour or less. So sometimes, I ponder, why are users buying Ghz-speed laptops when they aren't run at that speed, only when connected to wall socket - which a desktop already does.

Guten tag! Buen dia! Good day! :)

...nicely put.

magkano kaya 64-bit na laptops nyan?